Judge orders Trump to pay nearly $355 million in civil fraud trial

Hey mods, I thought you guys were controlling the amount of threads on this subject, why is Tonto exempt?

Just kidding, I genuinely don't care. Don't mistake me for a leftist, they're powder-puff snitches and easily harmed.

Carry on, Tonto. Shame you're a surface dweller, so don't know a sure and successful appeal when you see it. Your judge even lied about the values, he undermined his own decision.
They don't fucking care.

When it's all said and done these people are going to end up owing him millions.
They can claim that he has to pay them a Gozillian dollars, but when he gets done with them all they're going to get is sore assholes.
How will that come about? Please indulge me with your explanation. I need to gauge the level of lunacy I'm dealing with.

JUST IN: A judge has ordered former President Donald Trump and his companies to pay nearly $355 million in a ruling in the New York civil fraud case. The former president is also barred from serving as an officer or director of any New York corporation or other legal entity in the state for three years. Trump is expected to appeal the decision. Read the full ruling.

The lawsuit: The judge had already found Trump is liable for fraud in the civil case, but New York Attorney General Letitia James was seeking $370 million in damages. James was also looking to bar Trump from doing business in the state, alleging that the former president, his adult sons and his company defrauded banks and insurance companies by inflating the value of Trump’s assets.

Why it matters: The case is civil, not criminal, but threatens Trump's business in New York. The trial in this case has served as a precursor to the four criminal trials Trump faces this year as he campaigns to regain the presidency.

Wow, that's a pleasant surprise! What do you think"?
They will never get a dime.

Polls don't decide elections. Ballots do.
Biden has already defeated Trump once.
Remember 2020?
IMG_4186.jpeg

Trump is a criminal and will pay for it.

And you defending him are being researched on social media every time you get lines of credit.
Welcome to Russia, right. When they gave gavels to James and Lewis and Chutkan and Bragg and the other commie doing the top secret papers bust, they hurt this country and our government more than they would if they emptied all of our prisons and gave them all guns. MAGA

JUST IN: A judge has ordered former President Donald Trump and his companies to pay nearly $355 million in a ruling in the New York civil fraud case. The former president is also barred from serving as an officer or director of any New York corporation or other legal entity in the state for three years. Trump is expected to appeal the decision. Read the full ruling.

The lawsuit: The judge had already found Trump is liable for fraud in the civil case, but New York Attorney General Letitia James was seeking $370 million in damages. James was also looking to bar Trump from doing business in the state, alleging that the former president, his adult sons and his company defrauded banks and insurance companies by inflating the value of Trump’s assets.

Why it matters: The case is civil, not criminal, but threatens Trump's business in New York. The trial in this case has served as a precursor to the four criminal trials Trump faces this year as he campaigns to regain the presidency.

Wow, that's a pleasant surprise! What do you think"?
You cant indict our politician a 100 times and not expect us to do the same to democrats. Trump at least will be president and therefore be able to use his power to squash it in the appeals court, but any democrat who isnt a sitting president is going to have serious problems when we go after them.

Railroading politicians is apparently how politics now works in the US. I would have preferred that you guys didnt start this, but here we are. There is no going back now. We cant put the genie back in the bottle once its been released.

You cant indict our politician a 100 times and not expect us to do the same to democrats. Trump at least will be president and therefore be able to use his power to squash it in the appeals court, but any democrat who isnt a sitting president is going to have serious problems when we go after them.

Railroading politicians is apparently how politics now works in the US. I would have preferred that you guys didnt start this, but here we are. There is no going back now. We cant put the genie back in the bottle once its been released.
That assumes that Trump has been indicted capriciously.

That’s a false. He’s earned all of this

That assumes that Trump has been indicted capriciously.

That’s a false. He’s earned all of this
None of that matters when you have the power of the presidency. You will just see that the appeals courts rule in his favor, without knowing what actually happened behind the scenes. Being president comes with tremendous perks.

None of that matters when you have the power of the presidency. You will just see that the appeals courts rule in his favor, without knowing what actually happened behind the scenes. Being president comes with tremendous perks.
Being above the law is not one of those perks

As a casual observer I would like to ask a question.

Is this judgement worse for the trump family than being barred from operating a charity ?
Or operating a fake university ?
Where does it rank ?

Forum List

Back