Judge rules Charlottesville statues as war memorials, protected by state

It is the nature of the Taliban to destroy the enemy's history.
Exactly. The Left are doing exactly what the Taliban do.
I love it! :auiqs.jpg: CRCs (con-servative republican christians) accusing the Left of being like CTMs. (con-servative taliban muslims).
Only the Left want to destroy everything that doesn’t fit their religion.

So, now the Confederacy is a religion?
It's history, dumbass.

how evil a law to protect our history

It should be up to the community to decide what monuments they want on public property

The community decided to approve the monument, they should be able to decide to take it down
How about the community being able to run assholes and shit disturbers out of town on a rail? Tar and feathers optional.
If that were the case, Trump would not be our President

Exactly. The Left are doing exactly what the Taliban do.
I love it! :auiqs.jpg: CRCs (con-servative republican christians) accusing the Left of being like CTMs. (con-servative taliban muslims).
Only the Left want to destroy everything that doesn’t fit their religion.

So, now the Confederacy is a religion?
It's history, dumbass.

Duh, dumb @$$. I was merely being sarcastic towards his Religion comment.

It is pretty much every victor's nature to destroy the enemy's history. I'm glad that we are moving past that and incorporating the lost voices into the history books again.
The history of the Confederacy is more than those famous generals

The confederacy was 5 million free whites and 4 million enslaved blacks

Nobody erects statues to the 4 million

Snowflakes crushed.

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- A judge has ruled that statues of Confederate generals Robert E. Lee and Thomas Stonewall Jackson are war monuments and cannot be be removed by the city without approval from the state.

Virginia judge rules Charlottesville confederate statues are war monuments - CNN
Ok.....unlike CRCs here, I always supported the legal method of dealing with these statues...such as having a city council VOTE on such statues on city property.....Going to a court and getting a court ruling is also appropriate....much more so than running a woman down with your car or marching with torches and NAZI flags.
The key is CITY property, not state property

The state did nothing to fund that park, they didn’t pay for the statue
They have no dog in the fight

The law should be challenged or changed legislatively
Pogo tells us it was organizations committed to Jim Crow separatist laws that started putting up all these statues in the first place, not proud descendants of the Confederate soldiers and leaders. So the state should butt out.
There's a civil war memorial to my great great grandfather but he never owned a slave in his life. He was just a great soldier.
Pvt. Mike Foster when captured, laying wounded in a hospital, the Confederacy offered 50 captured union soldiers in trade to get him back. He was a sharp shooter, what is called a sniper today. His memorial was not publicaly funded but raised by veterans of his unit the Monroe Guards Co. D, 27th VA Infantry of the Stonewall Brigade

10408034_255057201351934_9217302390147378431_n-jpg.42491

Last edited:
It is pretty much every victor's nature to destroy the enemy's history. I'm glad that we are moving past that and incorporating the lost voices into the history books again.

No, but they're finally moving into mainstream society, which should have happened 150 years ago. Not without a lot of screaming and bitching though by those goddamned "confederates" still around.

Snowflakes crushed.

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- A judge has ruled that statues of Confederate generals Robert E. Lee and Thomas Stonewall Jackson are war monuments and cannot be be removed by the city without approval from the state.

Virginia judge rules Charlottesville confederate statues are war monuments - CNN
Ok.....unlike CRCs here, I always supported the legal method of dealing with these statues...such as having a city council VOTE on such statues on city property.....Going to a court and getting a court ruling is also appropriate....much more so than running a woman down with your car or marching with torches and NAZI flags.

Pogo tells us it was organizations committed to Jim Crow separatist laws that started putting up all these statues in the first place, not proud descendants of the Confederate soldiers and leaders. So the state should butt out.
There's a civil war memorial to my great great grandfather but he never owned a slave in his life. He was just a great soldier.
Pvt. Mike Foster when captured, laying wounded in a hospital, the Confederacy offered 50 captured union soldiers in trade to get him back. He was a sharp shooter, what is called a sniper today.
Wow! That's a very cool ancestor story! My ancestor who fought in the Civil War died of typhoid fever.

Snowflakes crushed.

Pvt. Mike Foster when captured, laying wounded in a hospital, the Confederacy offered 50 captured union soldiers in trade to get him back. He was a sharp shooter, what is called a sniper today.
Wow! That's a very cool ancestor story! My ancestor who fought in the Civil War died of typhoid fever.

the guy in my profile pic is my g g g grandfather. served in pa bucktail reg, survived the war but lost right arm at gettysburg. died of pnumonia at 79yo.

No, but they're finally moving into mainstream society, which should have happened 150 years ago. Not without a lot of screaming and bitching though by those goddamned "confederates" still around.

George Washington owned slaves, better ban that memorial too.

Snowflakes crushed.

Thanks. He eventually died of complications from his wound. He caught a mini ball in the right hip and never recoverd from it 100%. Of course as a sniper he gave much more than he got.

Where did I say the statues should be banned? I think it's up to the community where they sit. The local governments shouldn't have to wait for the state legislature to give them approval to remove a statue the state didn't erect, is my only point.

Where did I say the statues should be banned? I think it's up to the community where they sit. The local governments shouldn't have to wait for the state legislature to give them approval to remove a statue the state didn't erect, is my only point.

If this were the Democrats, Conservatives would be outraged

How dare the state tell a community what they can have in their parks!

When all this statue demonizing was the rage of the day, I offered my place as a refuge for any offensive statues, I even offered to pick them up for free.
After all, who wouldn't want a statue collection?
alas, the only town that responded was a town council member from terral tx that said
"they had to get permission from the state"
none of the governors responded, so today I remain statueless.

Mine commanded the 7th Indiana Infantry Regiment at Fredericksburg, Antietem, and Chancellorsville.

Mine commanded the 7th Indiana Infantry Regiment at Fredericksburg, Antietem, and Chancellorsville.
Mine was a Lt with 13th NY Cavalry trying to capture Col Mosby in Northern Virginia. Instead, Mosby captured him and he was sent to Libby Prison.
Within a month of his release, he witnessed Lincoln’s assasination at Fords Theater

I think my ancestor fought your ancestor at every one of those battles. Mine was just a private but was recognized as the best soldier in the Confederacy by Robert E Lee himself as well as Stonewall Jackson. I guess he was hell on wheels and a real badass. Sorta like Carlos Hathcock of the Vietnam war, also a sniper. Both probably had balls that clanked when they walked.

I think my ancestor fought your ancestor at every one of those battles. Mine was just a private but was recognized as the best soldier in the Confederacy by Robert E Lee himself as well as Stonewall Jackson. I guess he was hell on wheels and a real badass. Sorta like Carlos Hathcock of the Vietnam war, also a sniper. Both probably had balls that clanked when they walked.

Snipers were generally used to skirmish in advance, protecting the flanks and the rear during withdrawals. They were highly regarded soldiers and worth 50 staff officers.

My ancestor resigned after Chancellorsville due to demoralization. He survived that war only to be killed in a gun duel by his son-in-law, lol. He did not approve of his daughters husband.

Forum List

Back