Judge rules Charlottesville statues as war memorials, protected by state

Wow. Buncha interesting ancestors.
Well, my great-grandmother's half sister's husband fought in the Civil War, was captured and sent to Andersonville, where the survivors looked like prisoners at Hitler's death camps, and he never recovered mentally or physically and spent the rest of his life in a rest home. So I infer. I can't find him in the records anywhere, but he was buried in the veteran's cemetery in Togus at age 79, and he never lived with his wife again or returned to his family's hometown.
They say he was completely broken.

It is the nature of the Taliban to destroy the enemy's history.
It is pretty much every victor's nature to destroy the enemy's history. I'm glad that we are moving past that and incorporating the lost voices into the history books again.
The history of the Confederacy is more than those famous generals

The confederacy was 5 million free whites and 4 million enslaved blacks

Nobody erects statues to the 4 million
Nobody gives a $hit about the 4 million... except their own descendants... all expecting 40 acres and a mule...

It is pretty much every victor's nature to destroy the enemy's history. I'm glad that we are moving past that and incorporating the lost voices into the history books again.

Nobody gives a $hit about the 4 million... except their own descendants... all expecting 40 acres and a mule...
What an idiotic reply

What an idiotic reply
No, it's not an 'idiotic reply'... it's a common perception.

Forum List

Back