judge rules delegates cannot be forced to vote for trump

If the delegates don't vote in Trump as the nominee, that will be the end of the Republican party. Why would anyone continue to be a member of a party that is determined to obstruct the will of its members? These establishment fucks behave as if they are entitled to decide who the nominee is.

Actually, the majority of the party is opposed to Trump.
Actually, the majority of the party is for Trump....

That's why the majority voted against him.

If the delegates don't vote in Trump as the nominee, that will be the end of the Republican party. Why would anyone continue to be a member of a party that is determined to obstruct the will of its members? These establishment fucks behave as if they are entitled to decide who the nominee is.

You mean he won with a majority.....can you link to any candidate that had more votes than him (and was actually on the ballot...lol)

You mean he won with a majority.....can you link to any candidate that had more votes than him (and was actually on the ballot...lol)

He won with a plurality, moron. Doesn't this board have a minimum age of 13 years? How the hell did you slip through?

It's beginning. Trump loses a law suit today unbinding the Virginia delegates. The state of Virginia cannot compel the delegates to vote against their conscience. An Arizona delegate has also stated she will not support trump.

It's going to be an interesting couple weeks

I predict he'll still be the nominee. They're too stupid to chuck that assclown overboard.

It would be something if enough delegates voted against trump to not nominate him! Have someone like Romney walk through the door for the next vote. hahah

If the Republican Party convention votes to not nominate Trump to represent their party, I'm sure you will find a lot of republican voters choosing to stay home this election cycle. The people obviously voted Trump in as the candidate to represent them, this will be a test to see if the party is going to listen to their constituents who chose to stand against the establishment.
A lot of folks will stay home if he is the nominee; he can't win.
Trump will win in a landslide, thus your and the GOP's fear....
Here's a picture of you in the sound set.

images

Actually it is not.

The "more voted against him than for him" is straight out of the liberal playbook. Trump fought and won over 16 other candidates. And he won with more votes than President Bush when Bush ran unopposed for crying out loud.

Never Trumpers just come straight out and say you want the pro abortion/ anti Second Amendment candidate to win. Go vote for Hillary.

Actually it is not.

Some people can't grasp the difference between opinion and delusion.

Opinion:
That dog looks like he's part labrador.
Actually, I think he looks more like he's part dalmatian.

Delusion:
That is a dog.
Actually, he's a platypus.

And he won with more votes than President Bush when Bush ran unopposed for crying out loud.

Oh gee, you ever consider that a sitting President up for reelection was not likely to generate a whole lot of people bothering to vote in the first place? BTW, the 16 million who voted against Trump was also more than voted for Bush in either primary.

It doesn't surprise me, but it does piss the hell out of me, that a Virginia judge has ruled that delegates will not have to vote for Trump. Clinton pretty much has VA tied up - after all, the hot-headed vulgar mouthed buddy of hers Terry McAuliffe is the governor. He needs to go back to wherever the hell he came from. Also, she has Tim Kaine there as well. I know Tim personally and I wouldn't vote for his lying ass for dog catcher let alone for a high political office.

There have been a lot of posts since my original one (to which I am quoting and replying). I did a little searching AFTER my original post. With VA judges, it's hard to say what will happen. I did find a copy of the order and by no means did I read the thing word for word, but I would like to clarify that it was not a Virginia state court judge, but a Federal District Court Judge ... who I knew many years ago when I could call him Bob. He was appointed to the Federal Court not too long after I started with the firm. I have a lot of respect for Judge Payne and know him to be a good person. One thing that stood out to me early on was a reference to fines, jail time or both, imposed by VA on electoral voters for not voting as they were directed in the popular vote. If that is the thing most in question, then I would have to agree the ruling was fair. However, I don't see Judge Payne interfering otherwise by encouraging electoral voters to refuse to vote for one candidate or another in defiance of the will of the voting public. That truly would be undue interference with the electoral process. AGAIN, I did not read the entire thing because it was around 70 or so pages long.

Also, I take into consideration that none of us should take very much in faith when it comes to "journalistic" points of view. I've got a phone call in to my political go-to person to see what the deal is, local reaction is, etc.

If you wish to know how the GOP rank and file feel about Trump, tune into the Showtime program "The Circus". Easily, by itself, worth the price of subscription this show highlights the week the candidates had. The Drumpf rallies are exercises in irony with bewildered looking people in the audience, a speaker who cannot stay on message for more than 3 minutes, and sort of this Roger Mooreish acknowledgement that "if all of this wasn't pre-arranged, I'd be getting my ass handed to me smirk" that he had as 007.

It's beginning. Trump loses a law suit today unbinding the Virginia delegates. The state of Virginia cannot compel the delegates to vote against their conscience. An Arizona delegate has also stated she will not support trump.

Bripat, those determined to obstruct the vote are members of the party too. They are people with the will not to vote for the only candidate left standing. So when you say 'will of the people' what people are you talking about? Did Trump gain the votes of all the also-rans?

The will of the majority who voted for Trump. The will of the establishment goons is irrelevant.

These whacked out power tripping RINOS are something to behold. Oreo put a link up to one delegate that sent out her heartfelt letter against Trump and it was so loaded with lies I swear to the heavens the woman could be a writer for MSNBC.
Everything these vermin say about Trump is a lie.

Uhhhhh......Bri?

Being that you are, easily, the dumbest mofo on these fora (even dumber than Corvet), how would you know?

How ironic coming from a pathetic dumbass like you.

That's why he won.

The GOP establishment can't stand their own party.
Your kind are not the party.

And you are? Why don't you stick to giving advice to your real party: The Democrats?

Bottom line is with the exception of a couple of polls that have been busted for over sampling we're talking a dead heat between Trump and Clinton. Pre convention bounces.
Uh.....no.....not even close.....

RealClearPolitics - 2016 Latest Polls

That Reuters poll was the one with the D oversampling if I remember correctly. It skewers the mean average. All the other polls are within the margin of error. AKA statistical tie. AKA dead heat.

Any delegate that goes rogue will have to answer to his or her people of their State that voted for Trump. And the buzz out there is it won't be pretty. People that voted for Trump will make payback very painful. For example if a delegate owns a business, it will be toast.

Your suggestion that principles should be shunned out of fear is disgusting.

If true, that would be the end of the Democrat party, wouldn't it?

The establishment republicans still think Jebbie can win.

Trump is the nominee anything else is delusion.

He won with a plurality, moron. Doesn't this board have a minimum age of 13 years? How the hell did you slip through?

He still has the most votes.

Forum List

Back