Judge rules Fulton DA Willis can stay — if Wade steps aside

I don't see how the defense is brilliant.
Sorry, I meant to say (sarcastically) that the prosecution was doing a great job of delaying with their nitpicking.
They have lost the first two of 6 trials Trump faced. The New York criminal case is being delayed because DA has introduced a hundred thousand pages of additional evidence and it was DA that volunteered a 30 delay.
Exactly. That would have been my point, if I hadn't switched my words.
The Jan 6th case is on hold waiting a SCOTUS decision. The attempt to oust the DA from the case in Georgia has failed. So far the defense in the Classified Document case has not been able to make headway with the Judge. The defense has agreed to an Aug. 1st day for the trial if the judge does not delay it till after the election. My guess is Trump is going to do what he always does when he loses in court as his 15 previous lawyers would testify.
I'm not predicting that Trump will win, i.e. "be exonerated," because that never happens in a criminal trial. He'll stay out of prison, and he will not be disqualified to be president. But, deep down, even the hardest core Trump haters have known that their dreams of Trump in prison, or Trump disqualified were not to be.

The voters will decide whether they want four more years of Trump or four more years of Biden. That's a victory for Democracy over fascism, which is enough of a win for me.

I'll admit I did not know that. I wonder why DC prosecutors never went after Nixon.

Well, it was a different time.

DC isn't a state. It is specifically administered by the Federal government.

Your ignorance of how things work never ceases to amaze.

Yes, when Nixon resigned, it was a different time. Republicans respected the rule of law. Nixon was ten times the man the Orange Shitgibbon is. But when he was found to have broken the law, a delegation of Republicans went to the White House and compelled him to resign.

I also think the worst thing that ever happened was that Ford pardoned Nixon. It was an abuse of the pardon power, and Nixon should have stood trial in criminal court for his actions.

The Georgia case is on fumes also, unless Fannie Willis does the right thing and resigns.

Not really.

I can't believe that people who want to see Trump convicted are standing behind her. He makes a mockery of that case. The jury will laugh her out of the courtroom. Except for the married women, who will hiss "bitch" under their breaths every time she speaks.

You think your racism and misogyny is winning you any points? I'm still waiting for you to tell me what her private life has to do with the crimes Trump committed.

I agree, but as you imply, the defense is doing a great job of delaying with their insisting on having it all their own way all the time.

But Trump is only delaying the inevitable.

I'm not predicting that Trump will win, i.e. "be exonerated," because that never happens in a criminal trial. He'll stay out of prison, and he will not be disqualified to be president. But, deep down, even the hardest core Trump haters have known that their dreams of Trump in prison, or Trump disqualified were not to be.

The voters will decide whether they want four more years of Trump or four more years of Biden. That's a victory for Democracy over fascism, which is enough of a win for me.

Except Trump is the one acting and talking like a fascist, not Biden.

Trump will be convicted in some of these court cases. I don't think he'll spend any time in jail for them, because the logistics of imprisoning an ex-president would be impossible. More likely, a newly re-elected President Biden will commute his prison sentence.

DC isn't a state. It is specifically administered by the Federal government.

Your ignorance of how things work never ceases to amaze.

Yes, when Nixon resigned, it was a different time. Republicans respected the rule of law. Nixon was ten times the man the Orange Shitgibbon is. But when he was found to have broken the law, a delegation of Republicans went to the White House and compelled him to resign.

I also think the worst thing that ever happened was that Ford pardoned Nixon. It was an abuse of the pardon power, and Nixon should have stood trial in criminal court for his actions.

Not really.

You think your racism and misogyny is winning you any points? I'm still waiting for you to tell me what her private life has to do with the crimes Trump committed.

But Trump is only delaying the inevitable.
It is not inevitable if Trump is elected and cases are delayed till after the election. He will shutdown Jan 6th and the Classified document case. Although he can not shutdown the Georgia or New York cases, he can ignore state summons and go back to court with some reason or another. The fact that he has a conservative Supreme Court could well protect him throughout his presidency. Then the question would fall to congress. Is the United States no better than a banana republics where the ruler is above the law? It would also be a question for the American people.

Cannon may surprise you. Just about the worst thing that can happen to a judge is have their decisions declared political and biased. Being a Trump appointee just makes it worse. I would not doubt that see would delay the trial but only as long as there is a good legal reason to do so. The defense has said they will accept and Aug 1 trial date. That makes it harder for Cannon to delay trial till after the election.

You referred to here as a MAGA judge. Just because you are republican does not mean you are on the Trump bandwagon. Pence and Micky Halley have joined a long list of republicans who refuse to endorse Trump.
Pence and Haley are in a small minority who have a conscious.

A RINO from the standpoint she doesn’t support Trump?
vfbtf3sd8ppc1.jpeg

DC is not a state. Federal pardon covers DC.
A federal pardon covers those convicted of violating federal laws. DC was chosen as the site of the Jan 6th trial because the crimes were committed there just as Florida was chosen as the site for the classified document trial. However the trials could be held anywhere in the country but holding them closer to where the crimes occurred is more conveinent and less costly.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back