Judge Sullivan Scrambles For A Lifeline To Bail HIMSELF Out Of Dropped Flynn Case

One week ago, the U.S. Supreme Court issued a 9-0 decision, authored by Justice Ginsburg, that took judges to task for similar amicus antics. Her opinion for the Court in U.S. v. Sineneng-Smith upbraided the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit for violating a basic aspect of legal proceedings called the “party presentation principle.”

In a nutshell, this concept dictates that judges must decide the case as presented by the parties before them. They are not to go out questing for dragons to slay (or issues to tackle) that the parties have not brought before them. As J. Ginsburg put it: “[C]ourts are essentially passive instruments of government … They ‘do not, or should not, sally forth each day looking for wrongs to right. [They] wait for cases to come to [them], and when [cases arise, courts] normally decide only questions presented by the parties.”

Nice, try, but that case isn't germane to the Sullivan case.

If you read from the entire decision, and not just one dowdified portion.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit panel’s drastic departure from the principle of party presentation constituted an abuse of discretion when the court reached out to decide a question never raised by the respondent, namely, whether 8 U. S. C. § 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv) is unconstitutionally overbroad.

Nothing Sullivan is asking as an amicus hasn't been raised by the DOJ prior to wanting to drop the case.
This case is relevant because Sullivan deviates from the law, completely ignoring the DC law already mentioned. Much like the 9th circuit court going fishing, Sullivan is doing the same thing, by doing something he said he would not allow 24 times before.

There was a reason Sullivan would not allow it - it was not his persona preference - it is because of the DC LAW / PRECEDENCE Sullivan is ignoring NOW.

Proper protocol for "talk to". There is no proper protocol for negotiating with a foreign power, except with the approval of the commander in chief.
Actually there IS proper protocol / guides / rules / laws one must adhere to in initiating and making these communication. They are the same ones snowflakes / Obama's criminals claim Flynn violated.

Obama himself stated that ERVERY new administration going in behind an incumbent attempts to get an early start by initiating communications with foreign reps. He declared his own team did the same exact thing.

Doing so became a 'crime', I guess, after Trump defeated Hillary in 2016.

:cool:
No one said any communication with foreign leaders is a crime. Negotiating against the interest of the US is, which is what Flynn did.
What did he negotiate? Be specific.
He provided aid and comfort to Russia over sanctions put on them by the US.
Lies.

Back up your bullshit, Cupcake.
LOLOLOLOL

Dumbfuck, Flynn's guilt is the proof. :lmao:
Nope. Try again.
LOLOLOL

Don't have to just 'cause you're an idiot. I already backed my claim.
No, you didn't. You have failed miserably.

Please try again.
LOLOL

Why are you sooo intent on parading your ignorance? OK, I'll try and dumb it down to your pre-K level; hopefully then you'll understand...

Obama, president at the time and duly authorized to do so, imposed sanctions on Russia.The FBI had recordings of Flynn discussing the sanctions with a Russian ambassador. Under questioning, Flynn denied discussing the sanctions with that Russian ambassador.

Are ya still following along??

Flynn then confessed that was a lie, meaning he did talk about the sanctions with Russia. And unlike Obama, Flynn was not duly authorized to discuss the sanctions with Russia.

Savvy?

Flynn's guilt is the proof.
Still nothing but your insane rants.

Try bringing something legit to support your bullshit.

What did he "negotiate"? Be specific.
He negotiated Russian modifying their response to the Obama sanctions, in return for a promise Trump would reverse the Obama sanctions.
He did? What was their response going to be, and how did they change it? Link us up to him promising to reverse the Obama sanctions.
Read the NSA transcripts of Flynns three conversations with Kislyak.

And the meta-data showing Flynn talked to the transition team at Mar-a-lago before or after each call.
Sorry, the claim was made and you need to back it up.

Quote the transcripts. I don't do homework for congenital liars like you.
No exact quotes are available because they haven't been declassified. But they have been described in the Flynn papers, such as in his statement of offense.

He negotiated Russian modifying their response to the Obama sanctions, in return for a promise Trump would reverse the Obama sanctions.
He did? What was their response going to be, and how did they change it? Link us up to him promising to reverse the Obama sanctions.

And the meta-data showing Flynn talked to the transition team at Mar-a-lago before or after each call.

No exact quotes are available because they haven't been declassified. But they have been described in the Flynn papers, such as in his statement of offense.
Thanks for finally admitting you have nothing, and that you lied about reading the transcripts.

Dismissed.

I have numerous times. You admitted you were too lazy already once before to lookup what has been provided . Let me guess, this is the 2nd time.... :p
You told me to "go fish"
Instead of giving a quick synopsis of your point, you instead told me to search 100,000 forums for the UNNAMED forum you claim had the information you wanted me to read.

That dog don't hunt.

I have numerous times. You admitted you were too lazy already once before to lookup what has been provided . Let me guess, this is the 2nd time.... :p
You told me to "go fish"
Instead of giving a quick synopsis of your point, you instead told me to search 100,000 forums for the UNNAMED forum you claim had the information you wanted me to read.

That dog don't hunt.
I asked you to back up your bullshit. You admitted you couldn't

If you read from the entire decision, and not just one dowdified portion.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit panel’s drastic departure from the principle of party presentation constituted an abuse of discretion when the court reached out to decide a question never raised by the respondent, namely, whether 8 U. S. C. § 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv) is unconstitutionally overbroad.

Nothing Sullivan is asking as an amicus hasn't been raised by the DOJ prior to wanting to drop the case.

This case is relevant because Sullivan deviates from the law, completely ignoring the DC law already mentioned.

Which law is that. The very foundation of our legal system is an adversarial system. The USSC takes in amicus curaie briefs routinely.

The case you cite is one of the USSC passing down it's legal doctrine of deciding cases on the narrowest view possible. Notice the court routinely restates the "judicial question" before them.

Proper protocol for "talk to". There is no proper protocol for negotiating with a foreign power, except with the approval of the commander in chief.
Actually there IS proper protocol / guides / rules / laws one must adhere to in initiating and making these communication. They are the same ones snowflakes / Obama's criminals claim Flynn violated.

Obama himself stated that ERVERY new administration going in behind an incumbent attempts to get an early start by initiating communications with foreign reps. He declared his own team did the same exact thing.

No one said any communication with foreign leaders is a crime. Negotiating against the interest of the US is, which is what Flynn did.
Lies.

LOLOLOLOL

Nope. Try again.
LOLOLOL

Please try again.
LOLOL

Why are you sooo intent on parading your ignorance? OK, I'll try and dumb it down to your pre-K level; hopefully then you'll understand...

Obama, president at the time and duly authorized to do so, imposed sanctions on Russia.The FBI had recordings of Flynn discussing the sanctions with a Russian ambassador. Under questioning, Flynn denied discussing the sanctions with that Russian ambassador.

Flynn then confessed that was a lie, meaning he did talk about the sanctions with Russia. And unlike Obama, Flynn was not duly authorized to discuss the sanctions with Russia.

Savvy?

LOLOLOL

Even dumbing it down to your pre-K level, you prove too ignorant to understand.

:lmao:

That dumbfuck is too retarded to understand that had Flynn not negotiated the sanctions with Russia, his answer the the FBI would have been truthful and he never would have been charged with lying to the FBI about it.

Flynn's guilt proves it.

Lies.

LOLOLOLOL

Nope. Try again.
LOLOLOL

Please try again.
LOLOL

Savvy?

LOLOLOL

I agree your post was dumb. They all are.

But you failed to back up your claims......again.

Take another swing at it, Sport.

Lies.

LOLOLOLOL

Nope. Try again.
LOLOLOL

Please try again.
LOLOL

Savvy?

LOLOLOL

LOLOL

With every post, you prove over and over you're just not bright enough to understand.

:abgg2q.jpg:

Thanks for finally admitting you have nothing, and that you lied about reading the transcripts.

Dismissed.
They were also in the Mueller report. The portion that the DOJ has refused to release.

Lies.

LOLOLOLOL

Nope. Try again.
LOLOLOL

Please try again.
LOLOL

Savvy?

LOLOLOL

LOLOL

With every post, you prove over and over you're just not bright enough to understand.

:abgg2q.jpg:
It isn't hard to understand you have nothing, Cupcake.

Dismissed.
They were also in the Mueller report. The portion that the DOJ has refused to release.
Oh, so you are claiming to know what is in some more docs that haven't been released. :abgg2q.jpg:

You'll find descriptions (quotes are still NSA classified, and the DOJ refuses to release them) in the Flynn plea, and in the Mueller report.

I can post the descriptions to back up exactly what I said, but I can't produce transcripts without violating 50 USC.

You'll find descriptions (quotes are still NSA classified, and the DOJ refuses to release them) in the Flynn plea, and in the Mueller report.

I can post the descriptions to back up exactly what I said, but I can't produce transcripts without violating 50 USC.
Sure you can............... :abgg2q.jpg:

Oh, so you are claiming to know what is in some more docs that haven't been released. :abgg2q.jpg:
Here is the description from Flynns plea

1589570916185.png

The Justice Department’s motion to dismiss the case against former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn is flawed in many ways, but one of its weakest arguments is that the investigation of Flynn was not properly “predicated.” This argument not only lacks merit—it also opens the door to the same frivolous argument from future defendants in other criminal cases. And it creates a dangerous incentive that could dissuade the FBI from fulfilling its duty to fully investigate criminal and national security threats.

www.lawfareblog.com

Why the Flynn Interview Was Predicated
The Justice Department’s motion to dismiss the case against former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn is flawed in many ways, but one of its weakest arguments is that the investigation of Flynn was not properly “predicated.”
www.lawfareblog.com
www.lawfareblog.com

According to the statement of the offense, on Jan. 24, 2017, Flynn voluntarily agreed to an interview with FBI agents, during which he said “he did not ask Russia’s Ambassador to the United States … to refrain from escalating the situation in response to sanctions that the United States had imposed against Russia.” He also said “he did not remember a follow-up conversation in which the Russian Ambassador stated that Russia had chosen to moderate its response” in response to Flynn’s requests.

Those statements were false. Flynn now says he knew during the Jan. 24 interview that on Dec. 28, President Barack Obama had signed an executive order imposing sanctions against Russia for its interference in the 2016 presidential election. That same day, Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak contacted Flynn.

The next day, Flynn “called a senior official of the Presidential Transition Team … who was with other members of the Presidential Transition Team at the Mar-a-Lago resort … to discuss what, if anything, to communicate to the Russian Ambassador” about the sanctions. Flynn’s conversation with the transition-team official included “the impact of those sanctions on the incoming administration’s foreign policy goals” and “that the members of the Presidential Transition Team at Mar-a-Lago did not want Russia to escalate the situation.”

Immediately after the Mar-a-Lago phone call, Flynn called Kislyak to ask “that Russia not escalate the situation and only respond to the U.S. Sanctions in a reciprocal manner.” Shortly after his conversation with Kislyak, Flynn called the official at Mar-a-Lago again “to report on the substance of his call with the Russian Ambassador, including their discussion of the U.S. Sanctions.” Flynn knew that on Dec. 30, “Vladimir Putin released a statement indicating that Russia would not take retaliatory measures in response to the U.S. Sanctions at that time.” On Dec. 31, Kislyak called Flynn “and informed him that Russia had chosen not to retaliate in response to [his] request.” Flynn then “spoke with senior members of the Presidential Transition Team about [his] conversations with the Russian Ambassador regarding U.S. Sanctions and Russia’s decision not to escalate the situation.”

The Justice Department’s motion to dismiss the case against former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn is flawed in many ways, but one of its weakest arguments is that the investigation of Flynn was not properly “predicated.” This argument not only lacks merit—it also opens the door to the same frivolous argument from future defendants in other criminal cases.
They forget that the Flynn investigation was a "national security" investigation, before it was a criminal investigation.

The Obama administration wanted to know if Flynn could be trusted during the transition, with Top Secrets about Americas dealings with Russia.

Forum List

Back