July 4th: Trump hijacking Independence Day

What had been a nonpolitical, nonpartisan celebration on the National Mall will now likely be a multimillion-dollar, taxpayer-financed political rally, critics worry.

WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump has hijacked what for decades had been a nonpolitical Independence Day celebration on the National Mall, packing his ticketed-event speech with political appointees and Republican donors.

The Republican National Committee has been offering major donors tickets to Trump’s speech, as have political appointees at the White House and executive branch agencies.

“He’s going to have tanks out there. It’s going to be cool,” joked one RNC fundraiser on condition of anonymity. He said he received an offer for the free tickets on Friday but did not request any. “He wants to have a parade like they have in Moscow or China or North Korea.”

Trump has been enamored of public displays of military might since he attended the Bastille Day festivities in Paris in 2017. His plan for a massive military parade last year was canceled after a Defense Department estimate became public showing that it would cost $92 million and damage the city’s roads because of the weight of tanks and other equipment.

The current plans for Thursday do not include a parade, but Trump is still pushing for tanks or other military vehicles to be displayed on the National Mall, The Washington Post reported, even though their weight is liable to damage the grass and roads. Flyovers by military planes ― including Air Force One and the Navy’s Blue Angels squadron ― are also planned.

More: RNC Giving Out Tickets To Trump’s Hijacked Fourth Of July Celebration

The Independence Day celebration has traditionally been a nonpartisan holiday. Now Trump is trying to turn it into a partisan political rally. I think that is ignorant. What do you think?

I think trump was so impressed with the military displays in N. Korea, he feels the need to show Kim and his base he's got a bigger one, and a bigger one than Kim.
Trump was actually impressed with the military parade in FRANCE. This whole democrat tantrum is only because of Trump hate.

Actually, part of it is because Trump has already made this a partisan rally. VIP tickets have already been given out to the GOP, WH staff, and wealthy GOP donors, but the Democrats still have yet to receive their tickets.

RNC Receives VIP Tickets to Trump 4th Speech; DNC Does Not

An official with the Democratic National Committee told NBC News the organization has not received tickets to the VIP section for President Donald Trump’s Fourth of July celebration, “Salute to America,” as of Tuesday morning.

However, a spokeswoman from the Republican National Committee confirmed Monday that the RNC has already received their ticket allotment for the VIP section of the event.

This discrepancy was revealed just days before the typically nonpartisan Independence Day celebration is set to take place.
Democrats want tickets so they can go on MSNBC and CNN and tear them up on camera with an audience and cheering section. Democrats are like the pervert soccer player. She wants to be invited to the White House so she can say Fuck You and refuse.

What had been a nonpolitical, nonpartisan celebration on the National Mall will now likely be a multimillion-dollar, taxpayer-financed political rally, critics worry.

WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump has hijacked what for decades had been a nonpolitical Independence Day celebration on the National Mall, packing his ticketed-event speech with political appointees and Republican donors.

The Republican National Committee has been offering major donors tickets to Trump’s speech, as have political appointees at the White House and executive branch agencies.

“He’s going to have tanks out there. It’s going to be cool,” joked one RNC fundraiser on condition of anonymity. He said he received an offer for the free tickets on Friday but did not request any. “He wants to have a parade like they have in Moscow or China or North Korea.”

Trump has been enamored of public displays of military might since he attended the Bastille Day festivities in Paris in 2017. His plan for a massive military parade last year was canceled after a Defense Department estimate became public showing that it would cost $92 million and damage the city’s roads because of the weight of tanks and other equipment.

The current plans for Thursday do not include a parade, but Trump is still pushing for tanks or other military vehicles to be displayed on the National Mall, The Washington Post reported, even though their weight is liable to damage the grass and roads. Flyovers by military planes ― including Air Force One and the Navy’s Blue Angels squadron ― are also planned.

The Independence Day celebration has traditionally been a nonpartisan holiday. Now Trump is trying to turn it into a partisan political rally. I think that is ignorant. What do you think?

I think trump was so impressed with the military displays in N. Korea, he feels the need to show Kim and his base he's got a bigger one, and a bigger one than Kim.
Trump was actually impressed with the military parade in FRANCE. This whole democrat tantrum is only because of Trump hate.
Tipsycraplover wants the USA to be just like France. What a loser.
Let's be like the USA has been on the 4th of July forever and be proud of our own country.
Move to France tipsycraplover. Traitor.

Is that what you got from my quite accurate observation that Trump got the idea from France?

Let's be like the 4th of July under two great presidents, Eisenhower and Kennedy and - have a military parade.
My response was tongue in cheek. I know you are a Trump, butt kissing, minion. I found it beyond ridiculous that Trump and his minions like something about France.

Trump and his butt kissing minions, like you, are beyond stupid.

So thats is the real cost Americans will now pay for a political rally for Trump under the umbrella of the July 4 parade.

Seems trump like to play the shell game and move money from different areas of the government for his own priorities.

I wonder if he is donating his pay to charity

I wonder if someone was to step out in front of one of the military hardware being paraded, would they stop before the police hustle him to jail.

The 4th of July is a birthday.

Military has played an important role in defending the country. That is why we have memorial day to pay tribute to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. There is also an armed forces day but does not get the same hoopla

Last edited:

Tipsycraplover wants the USA to be just like France. What a loser.
Let's be like the USA has been on the 4th of July forever and be proud of our own country.
Move to France tipsycraplover. Traitor.

Is that what you got from my quite accurate observation that Trump got the idea from France?

Let's be like the 4th of July under two great presidents, Eisenhower and Kennedy and - have a military parade.

If only Patton wasn't killed by the Russians.

So thats is the real cost Americans will now pay for a political rally for Trump under the umbrella of the July 4 parade.

Seems trump like to play the shell game and move money from different areas of the government for his own priorities.

I wonder if someone was to step out in front of one of the military hardware being paraded, would they stop before the police hustle him to jail.

Military has played an important role in defending the country. That is why we have memorial day to pay tribute to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. There is also an armed forces day but does get the same hoopla

Oh God...

Not you again, independence day is about the revolutionary war

Memorial day is about all the wars after.

We would think you get the hint about fireworks.

Is Macron invited?

Will you get over when congress censures him and the ethics committee launches and investigation?

Shut up you cock gobbling faggot.

DauiL4OV4AA7rKA.jpg

You sound like a real beauty. Got your Obama teeth in, or gumming it? Damn!

Democrats are the scum of this country and they hate this country. If they had a 4th of July parade it would be to protest against the slave owning, White, gun bearing, heterosexual Founding Fathers.

Democrats would be protesting against the slave owning founding fathers you say. Well, they probably would be while today's republicans would be siccing the dogs on them. "Hands of our darkies, you f'n liberals" they'd be shouting.

Democrats are the scum of this country and they hate this country. If they had a 4th of July parade it would be to protest against the slave owning, White, gun bearing, heterosexual Founding Fathers.

Democrats would be protesting against the slave owning founding fathers you say. Well, they probably would be while today's republicans would be siccing the dogs on them. "Hands of our darkies, you f'n liberals" they'd be shouting.

Democrats didn't come from Quackers, the only reason we have a republican party was to fight against slavery ...dumbo.

Otherwise they wouldn't exist

Military has played an important role in defending the country. That is why we have memorial day to pay tribute to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. There is also an armed forces day but does get the same hoopla
Appropriations Committee is asking for cost(s) and are being stonewalled by the WH and Military.
More fleecing by the shitshow extraordinaire.

Why do you insist on protecting trump? Do you really believe he cares about you and the vast majority of American Citizens? The man-child only cares about himself. He's a walking talking personality disorder on display.

Lakhota Are you triggered when the Air Force provides flyovers for sporting events? Or does your outrage only apply to when Trump is there?

Would you have been okay with President Obama hijacking Independence Day for political purposes - at taxpayer expense?
Seriously, help me out here
because I’m not understanding what the problem is

Actually, it has me questioning why this isn’t the norm

Why do you insist on protecting trump? Do you really believe he cares about you and the vast majority of American Citizens? The man-child only cares about himself. He's a walking talking personality disorder on display.
Do you really believe Obama or Hillary
or any of the Democratic candidates do?

Appropriations Committee is asking for cost(s) and are being stonewalled by the WH and Military.
More fleecing by the shitshow extraordinaire.

What does it matter?

I believe that Trump is the only person standing between America and the scourge of democrat socialists. I would support his dictatorship if it means getting rid of the evil evil democrats. In fact, I would support Russia sending its army to LIBERATE this nation from the democrat socialists.

Is that plain enough for you?

Forum List

Back