July 4th: Trump hijacking Independence Day

I won't be going near the July 4th NaziCon political jamboree on the National Mall. It's a national disgrace to weaponize Independence Day for political purposes.

RNC READY TO ROCK AT ‘NONPARTISAN’ JULY 4

Exactly we sure as hell know you won't be thanking them for posting your nonsense day after day on here.

View attachment 267276
LOL....
WTF does the military have at all to do with celebrating American independence in 1776?

Seriously?
We achieved independence via a military effort.

LOL...
No. Just no.

"Independence Day is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the Declaration of Independence of the United States on July 4, 1776."

Obama could not have effectively ordered a military parade. Half of the soldiers would have called in sick.

Why is it that Leftists are so out of joint with this parade, when they (along with the rest of us) enjoy military airshows, which are basically the same thing - showing off our Killing Machines.
Men with small penises buy big cars.
Countries with a weak, vulnerable military have large overstated military parades.
We have an insecure, small penis President so we are having a large overstated military parade..

You know, I'm wondering how badly those tanks and Bradleys are going to tear up the pavement on the streets. Might cost even more for the parade if there has to be street repairs afterwards.

And, Trump better hope that Mother Nature is cooperative, because there is a 50 percent chance that there will be showers and rain.

I wonder what the military folks that are being forced to participate in this think? I know that if it was me, I'd be pissed that my July 4th party and bbq is being taken away to participate in fluffing Trump's ego.

July 4th DC celebration is a tribute to Donald Trump, first, the USA second.
Trump has requested tanks and other military heavy equipment placed by the White House. They have to be trucked in and out because they cannot run on streets.
Trump has requested an exhibition of US air power with a fly over of multiple military planes that includes Air Force one and his Helicopter.
Trump will speak from the Lincoln memorial with special guests including Republican lawmakers and major Republican donors.
Trump has insisted the fireworks display will be the largest ever.

The celebration planned by Trump will cost millions more than any other DC July 4th celebrations

July 4th celebration will focus on Trump more than our country

Good. It's about time we pay tribute to the folks that won our freedom.
DONALD TRUMP DID NOT WIN OUR FREEDOM. He had bone spurs.

How insulting.

He served in the same unit as did Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.
That is correct but Clinton or Obama did not ask for a huge military display for their 4th of July celebration.

Nor did they criticize American servicemen for being captured.

Of course they didn't. Clinton sent Army Rangers into an ambush, killing 19 of them, because he wouldn;'t give them Air
Support, and Obama was hated by the Military.

Trump has requested tanks and other military heavy equipment placed by the White House. They have to be trucked in and out because they cannot run on streets.
Trump has requested an exhibition of US air power with a fly over of multiple military planes that includes Air Force one and his Helicopter.
Trump will speak from the Lincoln memorial with special guests including Republican lawmakers and major Republican donors.

The celebration planned by Trump will cost millions more than any other DC July 4th celebrations

I was writing of your remarks of the cost of the tanks that had to be trucked in. The Military flyover. US Airpower. All of it costing us millions.
What should we do with the money? Give it to the fucking homeless in LA? Get toilets for the homeless in Seattle? Hand out more
money to spooks that have never worked a day in their life?

Money is being well spent.
"What should we do with the money?"

How about a pay raise and better housing. Recruiting and retention. But WTF do you know?

Why can't we do both?

How insulting.

That is correct but Clinton or Obama did not ask for a huge military display for their 4th of July celebration.

Of course they didn't. Clinton sent Army Rangers into an ambush, killing 19 of them, because he wouldn;'t give them Air
Do you think the military like Trump. Talk to a true military person, General Mattis. He left because of complete frustration with Trump.
Trump is a joke and you are a joke. God help you.

How insulting.

Do you think the military like Trump. Talk to a true military person, General Mattis. He left because of complete frustration with Trump.

Burt I'm a combat veteran. What the fuck are you?

How insulting.

While there may be Trump supporters in the military right now, I can tell you that after July 4th there will be fewer. Military people don't like to give up their holidays and liberty time to go pump up someone else's ego for no reason.

Especially when there is a 50 percent chance of rain.

I was writing of your remarks of the cost of the tanks that had to be trucked in. The Military flyover. US Airpower. All of it costing us millions.
What should we do with the money? Give it to the fucking homeless in LA? Get toilets for the homeless in Seattle? Hand out more
money to spooks that have never worked a day in their life?

Money is being well spent.
"What should we do with the money?"

How about a pay raise and better housing. Recruiting and retention. But WTF do you know?

Why can't we do both?
Spoken like a true fiscal conservative. Those who try and make excuses for Trump's ridiculous actions are absolute dumb shit idiots. They redefine stupid.

How insulting.

I never served in the military. I have a debt of gratitude for all that served. I think more monies should be spent to support current and former members of the military. I honor you for your service. I cannot believe you would not want the money being spent on a ridiculous show of military might, go towards real life help for military members; like homeless veterans. Or Fisher house, one of my favorite military charities.

How insulting.

While there may be Trump supporters in the military right now, I can tell you that after July 4th there will be fewer. Military people don't like to give up their holidays and liberty time to go pump up someone else's ego for no reason.

That's bullshit, especially for the folks that don't have leave. I would rather spend a day explaining equipment to people than spend a
day training. Plus, those that would be off on the 4th will get their time off when the rest of their unit is engaged in training.

How insulting.

That's bullshit, especially for the folks that don't have leave. I would rather spend a day explaining equipment to people than spend a
day training. Plus, those that would be off on the 4th will get their time off when the rest of their unit is engaged in training.

I didn't say anything about leave, I said LIBERTY and HOLIDAYS. And, if you don't have to be at work or on watch, you are usually let go for liberty, which on national holidays, is generally anyone who doesn't have duty that day. And yes, I've been called to participate in stupid details like this several times, and the only time I wasn't pissed about being chosen was the one time we sent a detail to a cemetery in France for D-Day observances. The D-Day detail was the only one I actually was happy to participate in.

All the others were bullshit details that ate up my off duty time.

How insulting.

I never served in the military. I have a debt of gratitude for all that served. I think more monies should be spent to support current and former members of the military. I honor you for your service. I cannot believe you would not want the money being spent on a ridiculous show of military might, go towards real life help for military members; like homeless veterans. Or Fisher house, one of my favorite military charities.

FTR...I spent every 4th, and veterans day, marching in a parade when I wasn't overseas. Not only Active Duty but when I served in the Guard.
That's the best PR the Military has...their men speaking with the General Public. Always got free food and always had long conversations
with folks. The Military spends their money better on that than some TV ad.

You know, I'm wondering how badly those tanks and Bradleys are going to tear up the pavement on the streets. Might cost even more for the parade if there has to be street repairs afterwards.

And, Trump better hope that Mother Nature is cooperative, because there is a 50 percent chance that there will be showers and rain.

I wonder what the military folks that are being forced to participate in this think? I know that if it was me, I'd be pissed that my July 4th party and bbq is being taken away to participate in fluffing Trump's ego.
Moral is of no concern to the sitting POTUS. And the bill from another Trump deal is still unpaid to DC. Its a pattern and his MO.

FTR...I spent every 4th, and veterans day, marching in a parade when I wasn't overseas. Not only Active Duty but when I served in the Guard.
That's the best PR the Military has...their men speaking with the General Public. Always got free food and always had long conversations
I just heard that the soldiers attending were given "talking points" C'mon Man!

I didn't say anything about leave, I said LIBERTY and HOLIDAYS. And, if you don't have to be at work or on watch, you are usually let go for liberty, which on national holidays, is generally anyone who doesn't have duty that day. And yes, I've been called to participate in stupid details like this several times, and the only time I wasn't pissed about being chosen was the one time we sent a detail to a cemetery in France for D-Day observances. The D-Day detail was the only one I actually was happy to participate in.

My Uncle (My Father's Brother) is buried at Colleville-sur-Mer, France overlooking Omaha Beach.

Moral is of no concern to the sitting POTUS. And the bill from another Trump deal is still unpaid to DC. Its a pattern and his MO.

Not wanting to be a stickler for spelling, but you left the "e" off of "morale".

Moral is a set of values that a person lives by. Morale is what the atmosphere of a command is, be it positive or negative.

I especially like how Trump is trying to justify this, because he tweeted out earlier that it wouldn't cost that much because we own the airplanes and the tanks, and the airport was right next door.

I guess he thinks that the military is somehow free.

I just heard that the soldiers attending were given "talking points" C'mon Man!

The only thing I was ever told was to watch my language.

My Uncle (My Father's Brother) is buried at Colleville-sur-Mer, France overlooking Omaha Beach.

Not sure if that is the one we went to, but it sure sounds familiar. Went and did the detail back in either '84 or '85.

Forum List

Back