July 4th: Trump hijacking Independence Day

Do you think the military like Trump. Talk to a true military person, General Mattis. He left because of complete frustration with Trump.
Trump is a joke and you are a joke. God help you.

While there may be Trump supporters in the military right now, I can tell you that after July 4th there will be fewer. Military people don't like to give up their holidays and liberty time to go pump up someone else's ego for no reason.

Especially when there is a 50 percent chance of rain.

That's bullshit, especially for the folks that don't have leave. I would rather spend a day explaining equipment to people than spend a
day training. Plus, those that would be off on the 4th will get their time off when the rest of their unit is engaged in training.

I didn't say anything about leave, I said LIBERTY and HOLIDAYS. And, if you don't have to be at work or on watch, you are usually let go for liberty, which on national holidays, is generally anyone who doesn't have duty that day. And yes, I've been called to participate in stupid details like this several times, and the only time I wasn't pissed about being chosen was the one time we sent a detail to a cemetery in France for D-Day observances. The D-Day detail was the only one I actually was happy to participate in.

All the others were bullshit details that ate up my off duty time.

My Uncle (My Father's Brother) is buried at Colleville-sur-Mer, France overlooking Omaha Beach.

Not sure if that is the one we went to, but it sure sounds familiar. Went and did the detail back in either '84 or '85.

I went there in 1994. Two years after my Father passed away. He always wanted to go and when he could he got sick and died. I felt that
someone from the family needed to go. My Father served in the Marines, in the Pacific in WWII.

Try and withhold judgment, let's see how it go's maybe he wont turn it into a trump rally. Its a day to think about how lucky we are to have lived here.

Try and withhold judgment, let's see how it go's maybe he wont turn it into a trump rally. Its a day to think about how lucky we are to have lived here.

Hate to tell you, but I don't think that's gonna happen. Remember, when he showed up at the Boy Scouts Jamboree, he wasn't supposed to political either, but he was.

I wonder how many times he's gonna rail against Democrats at this supposedly non partisan rally?

What had been a nonpolitical, nonpartisan celebration on the National Mall will now likely be a multimillion-dollar, taxpayer-financed political rally, critics worry.

WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump has hijacked what for decades had been a nonpolitical Independence Day celebration on the National Mall, packing his ticketed-event speech with political appointees and Republican donors.

The Republican National Committee has been offering major donors tickets to Trump’s speech, as have political appointees at the White House and executive branch agencies.

“He’s going to have tanks out there. It’s going to be cool,” joked one RNC fundraiser on condition of anonymity. He said he received an offer for the free tickets on Friday but did not request any. “He wants to have a parade like they have in Moscow or China or North Korea.”

Trump has been enamored of public displays of military might since he attended the Bastille Day festivities in Paris in 2017. His plan for a massive military parade last year was canceled after a Defense Department estimate became public showing that it would cost $92 million and damage the city’s roads because of the weight of tanks and other equipment.

The current plans for Thursday do not include a parade, but Trump is still pushing for tanks or other military vehicles to be displayed on the National Mall, The Washington Post reported, even though their weight is liable to damage the grass and roads. Flyovers by military planes ― including Air Force One and the Navy’s Blue Angels squadron ― are also planned.

More: RNC Giving Out Tickets To Trump’s Hijacked Fourth Of July Celebration

The Independence Day celebration has traditionally been a nonpartisan holiday. Now Trump is trying to turn it into a partisan political rally. I think that is ignorant. What do you think?
Can you Leftards piss on our troops any harder?

What had been a nonpolitical, nonpartisan celebration on the National Mall will now likely be a multimillion-dollar, taxpayer-financed political rally, critics worry.

WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump has hijacked what for decades had been a nonpolitical Independence Day celebration on the National Mall, packing his ticketed-event speech with political appointees and Republican donors.

The Republican National Committee has been offering major donors tickets to Trump’s speech, as have political appointees at the White House and executive branch agencies.

“He’s going to have tanks out there. It’s going to be cool,” joked one RNC fundraiser on condition of anonymity. He said he received an offer for the free tickets on Friday but did not request any. “He wants to have a parade like they have in Moscow or China or North Korea.”

Trump has been enamored of public displays of military might since he attended the Bastille Day festivities in Paris in 2017. His plan for a massive military parade last year was canceled after a Defense Department estimate became public showing that it would cost $92 million and damage the city’s roads because of the weight of tanks and other equipment.

The current plans for Thursday do not include a parade, but Trump is still pushing for tanks or other military vehicles to be displayed on the National Mall, The Washington Post reported, even though their weight is liable to damage the grass and roads. Flyovers by military planes ― including Air Force One and the Navy’s Blue Angels squadron ― are also planned.

The Independence Day celebration has traditionally been a nonpartisan holiday. Now Trump is trying to turn it into a partisan political rally. I think that is ignorant. What do you think?

I think trump was so impressed with the military displays in N. Korea, he feels the need to show Kim and his base he's got a bigger one, and a bigger one than Kim.
Trump was actually impressed with the military parade in FRANCE. This whole democrat tantrum is only because of Trump hate.

Get back to us Friday and see if your pipe dream happens.
Judgement can be made what has been done already. Taking 2.5 million out of parks maintenance is bad enough. That is a small part of the added funding they need to come up with.
I would love to have seen him cut the normal celebration back and use the save funds to help military veterans.

I think trump was so impressed with the military displays in N. Korea, he feels the need to show Kim and his base he's got a bigger one, and a bigger one than Kim.
Trump was actually impressed with the military parade in FRANCE. This whole democrat tantrum is only because of Trump hate.

Actually, part of it is because Trump has already made this a partisan rally. VIP tickets have already been given out to the GOP, WH staff, and wealthy GOP donors, but the Democrats still have yet to receive their tickets.

RNC Receives VIP Tickets to Trump 4th Speech; DNC Does Not

An official with the Democratic National Committee told NBC News the organization has not received tickets to the VIP section for President Donald Trump’s Fourth of July celebration, “Salute to America,” as of Tuesday morning.

However, a spokeswoman from the Republican National Committee confirmed Monday that the RNC has already received their ticket allotment for the VIP section of the event.

This discrepancy was revealed just days before the typically nonpartisan Independence Day celebration is set to take place.

Tipsycraplover wants the USA to be just like France. What a loser.
Let's be like the USA has been on the 4th of July forever and be proud of our own country.
Move to France tipsycraplover. Traitor.

Oh, how we used to be amused at tinpot dictators and their military parades.

We own

Christmas

Easter

Thanksgiving

4th or July

The left owns

April 15th ....

Lol...lol... lol...lol...lol...

President Trump's July 4th event: Military chiefs have concerns about politicization - CNNPolitics

They'll get over it.
Will you get over when congress censures him and the ethics committee launches and investigation?

Yes, I'll get over your silly fantasy.

“If Americans really wanted to celebrate the spirit of the Declaration, they'd demand a parade of smugglers, tax cheats, and secessionists. “ Ryan McMaken, Mises Institute

I won't be going near the July 4th NaziCon political jamboree on the National Mall. It's a national disgrace to weaponize Independence Day for political purposes.

RNC READY TO ROCK AT ‘NONPARTISAN’ JULY 4

Exactly we sure as hell know you won't be thanking them for posting your nonsense day after day on here.

View attachment 267276
LOL....
WTF does the military have at all to do with celebrating American independence in 1776?

Seriously?

Military war for 8 years to win our freedom from British Tyranny called the Revolutionary War.
Wars after that to keep our American Freedom of speech and all our other amendments.
Duh.....
Without our military fighting for us, everyone here could not come to this message board to say uninformed incorrect information or just plain fun trolling.
Everyone in this country has the freedom of speech and opinions of which their are many.
Not just one party way of the few, by forcing it on the majority.
The snotty elites needs to be voted out in both parties.
This is independence day, dope. Not revolutionary war remembrance day.

Huh?

God damn you stupid mother fucker..

It is revolutionary remembrance day ..

Will you get over when congress censures him and the ethics committee launches and investigation?

Shut up you cock gobbling faggot.

DauiL4OV4AA7rKA.jpg

Tipsycraplover wants the USA to be just like France. What a loser.
Let's be like the USA has been on the 4th of July forever and be proud of our own country.
Move to France tipsycraplover. Traitor.

Is that what you got from my quite accurate observation that Trump got the idea from France?

Let's be like the 4th of July under two great presidents, Eisenhower and Kennedy and - have a military parade.

Forum List

Back