June 12, 2018: NK-US Singapore Nuclear Summit

[/QUOTE]
I don’t trust North Korea at all and in the end this could all be for nothing, however I think this gesture by Trump helps soften the North Korean tone and dangles a carrot in front of them as they try to normalize relations with the rest of the world. The human rights issues in North Korea are troubling but we seem to have overlooked it with Cuba.

Let’s hope that conditions improve for the North Koreans, as South Korea gets more prosperous and stronger economically, I think that alone will push North Korea to become a civil nation.[/QUOTE]
The greatest possible harm to 'human rights' is war. Therefore, peace needs to be assured first. If insisting first on a standard of 'rights' that would satisfy me would prevent peace, I would put the discussion off for later.
It is very difficult to imagine what is in the mind of the North Korean leader. Perhaps it is desperation, perhaps it is manipulation, we don't know at all. Working toward peace, however, is always a good thing.

[Q

I don’t trust North Korea at all and in the end this could all be for nothing, however I think this gesture by Trump helps soften the North Korean tone and dangles a carrot in front of them as they try to normalize relations with the rest of the world. The human rights issues in North Korea are troubling but we seem to have overlooked it with Cuba.

Let’s hope that conditions improve for the North Koreans, as South Korea gets more prosperous and stronger economically, I think that alone will push North Korea to become a civil nation.

Nobody trust the North Koreans, most of all Trump and key people in his administration like John Bolton.

They will have to determine if Kim is playing games or if he is doing to North Korea what Gorby did to the Soviet Union.

The thing about Trump is he is not a weak minded nitwit like Obama that will give away the store and get nothing of substance in return.

Unlike that worthless asshole Obama Trump will look out for American and our allies interest. He is not going to do like that shithead Obama did with his Iranian Mullah buddies and have worthless verification with no American investigators, no looking at military bases and a month's notice before coming. The NORKS didn't get barrels of cash.

If the NORKs are playing games Trump will call them on it. If they are serious about joining the civilized world then Trump will be their best friend as he should be.

This just in from The White House...so security guarantees for denuclearization and peace.

'Complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula'
Overnight, President Trump led a historic summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. "We had a tremendous 24 hours. We've had a tremendous three months, actually, because this has been going on for quite a while," President Trump said. "I want to thank Chairman Kim for taking the first bold step toward a bright new future for his people."

The two leaders signed a joint statement that outlines such a future. Here is the key phrase: "President Trump committed to provide security guarantees to the DPRK [North Korea], and Chairman Kim Jong Un reaffirmed his firm and unwavering commitment to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula."

The statement also commits to reestablishing U.S.–North Korean relations. "Nearly 70 years ago . . . an extremely bloody conflict ravaged the Korean Peninsula," President Trump said. "Yet, while the armistice was agreed to, the war never ended. To this day, never ended. But now we can all have hope that it will soon end. And it will. It will soon end."

"Chairman Kim has the chance to seize an incredible future for his people," the President continued. "Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace."

"to think that the faint glimmer of hope i'd been clinging to was in fact the dark shadow of wickedness!

exhausted from crying, throat tight and temples pounding, i thought these feelings would never abate. there was nowhere i could go for help, no one who would right this wrong. the prospect of Kim Jong Un finding out was enough to make me dizzy with fear. i felt mortified by that ugly scene.

there was nothing else but to swallow it all inside myself, even if i choked on the bile. And just get through the days. Somehow..." - North Korean defector Chul Soon Un

It took a Nixon to open up to China.

It took a Reagan to stand up to and defeat the Soviet Union.

It takes a Trump to negotiate with the North Koreans.

Democrats suck as much at foreign policy as they do at domestic policies.

This just in from The White House...so security guarantees for denuclearization and peace.

'Complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula'
Overnight, President Trump led a historic summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. "We had a tremendous 24 hours. We've had a tremendous three months, actually, because this has been going on for quite a while," President Trump said. "I want to thank Chairman Kim for taking the first bold step toward a bright new future for his people."

The two leaders signed a joint statement that outlines such a future. Here is the key phrase: "President Trump committed to provide security guarantees to the DPRK [North Korea], and Chairman Kim Jong Un reaffirmed his firm and unwavering commitment to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula."

The statement also commits to reestablishing U.S.–North Korean relations. "Nearly 70 years ago . . . an extremely bloody conflict ravaged the Korean Peninsula," President Trump said. "Yet, while the armistice was agreed to, the war never ended. To this day, never ended. But now we can all have hope that it will soon end. And it will. It will soon end."

"Chairman Kim has the chance to seize an incredible future for his people," the President continued. "Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace."

Not too bad of a deal for now.

Beats the hell out of giving the North Koreans barrels of cash up front like that nitwit Obama did with his Iranian Mullah buddies.

Trump totally rolled over for Kim. Trump agreed to stop US military exercises in South Korea, surprising the South Koreans, in exchange for...nothing.
Yep, I just read that. It's confirming my fears; we appear to be handing over more and more to gain nothing.

Economy doing great, tax cuts, sealing the border, denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula. Liberal heads exploding. MAGA Baby!!!

The Korean Peninsula has been denuclearized?

Holy fuck, why has FoxNews not reported that yet???

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Here is the text of the agreement . Pretty good start, huh? However, if you are one of these hate Trump assholes nothing will ever be good enough for you.

President Donald J Trump of the United States of America and Chairman Kim Jong Un of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) held first historic summit in Singapore on June 12, 2018.

President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un conducted a comprehensive in-depth and sincere exchange of opinions on the issues related to the establishment of new US-DPRK relations and the building of a lasting an robust peace regime on the Korean Peninsula. President Trump committed to provide security guarantees to the DPRK, and Chairman Kim Jong Un reaffirmed his firm and unwavering commitment to complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula.

Convinced that the establishment of new US-DPRK relations will contribute to the peace and prosperity of the Korean peninsula and of the world, and recognizing that mutual confidence building can promote the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un state the following:

The United States and the DPRK commit to establish new US-DPRK relations in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity

The United States and the DPRK will join their efforts to build a lasting and stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula
Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula

The United States and the DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains, including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.

Having acknowledged that the US-DPRK summit — the first in history — was an epochal event of great significance in overcoming decades of tensions and hostilities between the two countries and for the opening up of a new future, President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un commit to implement the stipulation in this joint statement fully and expeditiously. The United States and the DPRK commit to hold follow-on negotiations, led by the US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, and a relevant high-level DPRK official, at the earliest possible date, to implement the outcomes of the US-DPRK summit.

President Donald J Trump of the United States of America and Chairman Kim Jong Un of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea have committed to cooperate for the development of new US-DPRK relations and for the promotion of peace, prosperity, and security of the Korean Peninsula and of the world.
BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

A pretty good start? :lol:

Here, let me show you something from 2005: Six-Party Talks, Beijing, China

The Six Parties unanimously reaffirmed that the goal of the Six-Party Talks is the verifiable denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula in a peaceful manner.

A year later, North Korea exploded their first nuke.

How about 2007:

The DPRK agreed to disable all existing nuclear facilities subject to abandonment under the September 2005 Joint Statement and the February 13 agreement.

I could show you similar text from every agreement going back to 1992.

So the idea that Trump "started" something is hilarious. It's same old-same old bullshit.

Hope that puts your erection in perspective.

Trump rolled over. He agreed to stop US military exercises in the South in exchange for....nothing.

And he gave a tin pot murderous dictator prestige by allowing him to share a stage with the leader of the most powerful nation on Earth.
Ouch. Excellent post and references - from state.gov, no less.

Murderous Dictator Meets Dishonest President Behind Closed Doors

How will the American public know what they actually said? They may not.

WASHINGTON ― The first-ever North Korea-United States summit will start with a one-on-one meeting between a brutal dictator known for breaking his word and a president famous for his daily dishonesties.

With two unreliable narrators in Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump, how will Americans know what they actually said and agreed to with each other?

“We won’t,” said Jeffrey Lewis, director of the East Asia program at the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies. “The whole Trump team has been an unreliable narrator throughout this process. It’s like ‘Rashomon,’ but really stupid.”

In Akira Kurosawa’s classic movie, the murder of a samurai is told through the vastly differing recollections of a handful of witnesses. For the meeting scheduled to begin in Singapore Tuesday morning ― Monday night on the United States East Coast ― there will only be two witnesses: each nation’s translator.

“And I don’t think either interpreter will be in a position to correct the record if the self-reporting by Kim and Trump doesn’t reflect what was actually said in the same manner and tone,” said Jenny Town, assistant director of the U.S.-Korea Institute at Johns Hopkins University.

The White House said it does not believe there is any cause for concern about getting an accurate description of the two men’s words.

Trump, nevertheless, on almost a daily basis says and writes things that are demonstrably untrue ― sometimes doing so even though he knows what he is saying is untrue.

Even White House press secretary Sarah Sanders has been forced to acknowledge, multiple times, that information she received from Trump and relayed to the public has not been correct.

On top of Trump’s habit of untruths is Kim’s record of failing to honor his word.

More: Murderous Dictator Meets Dishonest President Behind Closed Doors

How will we know what to believe coming out of the summit? What do you think?
World peace ... what a bad day for nazi leftists

:cryhug_1_:

Poor guy

North Korea played Trump like a fiddle.

Trump trash talked a lot of shit about North Korea, nearly inflaming the peninsula back into a hot war.

So last year, North Korea kidnapped two more American hostages, bringing their total to three.

Then, in a "goodwill gesture", they gave the hostages back. Trump's ego inflated so bigly, he had to meet the hostages outdoors.

The next thing you know, Trump went from a Nork basher to not being able to say enough nice things about his new magnificent friend Kim.

And then, the coup de grace. North Korea finally got a photo op on the world stage with the leader of the most powerful country on Earth. Prestige, baby! Something which every US leader had the good sense to deny them until now.

And North Korea had to give up...nothing.

Brilliant. Well played, North Korea. Well played.

Next time, take Rodman. Trump will publicly fellate your dick when you give him back.

Yesterday I predicted that the stupid Moon Bats would be assholes and claim all kinds of crap like

Trump gave propaganda victory to the Norks
Trump didn’t get any of the bombs
Trump didn’t get all the bombs
Trump is being fooled if he thinks he got all of the bombs
Trump did nothing for human rights
Trump didn’t unite Korea
Trump didn’t cure cancer

Looks like I am right. The Liberal roaches are crawling all over the place spreading their crap and lies.

Meanwhile Trump keeps on MAGAing and there isn't a damn thing the asshole Libtards can do about it..

I suspect NK will have to make zero concessions, and that Trump will hail Kim as a great friend and magnificent human being.
Wow. You suspect what trump is really doing? Wow. That means shit
That’s what happened at the meeting, so I don’t have to suspect anymore.
You dont know that. You're just hoping
Trump praised Kim, Russia and China are trading freely woth NK, and all the dotard got was an agreement to meet again. What a deal!

Forum List

Back