Just 3% High School Students Pass the Citizenship Test

Back then, Students learned by rote memorization of facts and were taught to the exam

Todays students have much better analytical skills
Did you read the test? LOTS of figuring out - not rote memorization.

And today’s students have such great analytical skills that the majority can’t pass basic math and English. In the Baltimore Democrat city, not a single high school student was proficient in math.

That was easy,
You got 10 out of 10 questions correct.

Congratulations, you passed the U.S. citizenship test!
You've proven yourself to be a great student of American history and civics.

Did you know that only 30% of U.S. adults and just 3% of public high school students in America can pass the U.S. citizenship exam? 😱

This is a concerning trend, but PragerU is committed to reversing it. For over a decade, PragerU has been educating millions of young people about American history, civics, economics, foreign affairs, free markets, and Judeo-Christian values. Watched 5 million times a day, it's hard to overstate the impact of our videos.

Click the button, and join millions of people who watch and enjoy PragerU’s daily content for free.

(1) Prospective citizens study very hard.

(2) I know that in 2008 (and I assume today), many of them attended adult school where they were given 100 questions and answers to memorize.

(3) And they did.

(4) They are very eager to become citizens.

And just 1/3 of American adults pass.

The best way to destroy a nation is from within. An entire generation has no idea how our nation got here, how it exists. And without that knowledge is easily manipulated.

See how you do with some of the questions.

Foundation.
i will take the test later, as i am curious. but preliminary question.

aren't we really testing praeger'[s opinion of civics? shouldn't a more neutral organization (league of women voters? carter center?: ) be a better judge of good citizenship?

I bet ya 100 years ago, an 8th grader would pass.
not even 1/10th of the high school aged students in 1920 graduated from or went to, high school back then compared to today.... I'm uncertain how educated children were in those days either....

They didn't. They went to public school :auiqs.jpg:
1710170816883.gif

Back then, Students learned by rote memorization of facts and were taught to the exam

Todays students have much better analytical skills
Then why do they make such really bad decisions? Maybe they should be taught some facts and that facts trump feelz.

if you think so.....

Mostly, they knew only hands on things....street smart things of that era, how to farm, how to hunt, how to cut firewood, how to build a log home, how to cook, how to kill chicken, dress animals, sew, can, smoke, etc....
IOW, how to survive and thrive on their own. Cut food deliveries to most any major US urban area and in two weeks, death is rampant. A country boy can survive.

Most of these so-called "conservatives" on this board couldn't pass a Citizenship test much less a basic American history class.

Y
IOW, how to survive and thrive on their own. Cut food deliveries to most any major US urban area and in two weeks, death is rampant. A country boy can survive.
True!

Yet most could not read or write....they could provide and survive!

Even in land purchase deeds, many just signed with an X, as their signature....(from my ancestry research)

Forum List

Back