Just a guy with some questions.

Crixus

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2015
BFE Texas.
I'm hoping not to much butt hurt flows as I'm not looking for trouble. So the phenomenon known as Donald Trump won all of New York. No surprise there. So Fox has already called the race over and are ready to announce Donald Trump as president. On the other side it's Hillary Clinton. We knew from the beginning it would be her. Just how it works. So sticking to the Republican side and looking at Trump and Cruz policy what makes one better then the other?

Both say they will bring back jobs to the US. Donald Trump says he would pretty much slap a teriff on a foreign countries trade goods of up to 45%. I have a few questions on that.

1. What does a tariff of any amount look like for me when I go shopping?
2. How will it create jobs here?
3. Why should China, Japan, Taiwan, or whoever's country play ball? What stops them from slapping a tariff on our stuff, and it there is a huge trade disparity How will it not hurt us more then them?

I like that Donald Trump at least it cut and dry, short on details.

Same for Cruz. What makes his ideas so good, I can't find any easy way FOR Me to wrap my head around.

Immigration, both claim to be tough here. Both have plans that are controversial, but are they realistic? Can Trump get a huge wall built, and how will he pay for it? The best I can tell is he will tax the money the illegals send home. Sounds good, but those folks are not stupid. They will find a way to not pay the tax or whatever, and all the illegal aliens I know work off the books. Ted Cruz's plan is pretty much to enforce the current law.

So, what it comes down to for me, Cruz's ideas are old. The only real issue for me is messing with the IRS and he can't shake the ambulance chaser tag. I know he is not that, but lots of folks see him in that light. Trump flip flops on allot of stuff and he is kind of a crybaby.

So then, what makes one better then the other and when a candidate is picked will they be able to come together and carry out a presidency?

Forum List

Back