Just a question about Catholics

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me".

Making the golden calf while the Moses was on the mountain, statues of gods and whatnot....POPES. Cuz the pope IS worshipped like a god, right? So..isn't that worshipping something other than God Himself?

Not trying to be rude..just wondering how this....fawning...over the Pope is "different". Same as those that fall over themselves with other preachers and reverends, etc. Same thing, isn't it? Worship of some guy that claims to speak for God.

Catholicism is a unique faith...they pray to Mary and Saints - dead people ordained by a man. They treat the Pope like a deity when he is simply a figurehead instilled to maintain the pomp and circumstance created to satisfy man.

Making the golden calf while the Moses was on the mountain, statues of gods and whatnot....POPES. Cuz the pope IS worshipped like a god, right? So..isn't that worshipping something other than God Himself?

Not trying to be rude..just wondering how this....fawning...over the Pope is "different". Same as those that fall over themselves with other preachers and reverends, etc. Same thing, isn't it? Worship of some guy that claims to speak for God.

Catholics do not worship the Pope. However, given the attention the News Media and non-Catholics pay to the Pope, I am a little concerned about them. :smile:

Jesus told Peter that he would be the head of His Church on earth, and that Church would have the "keys of the kingdom." He also said "whatsoever you hold bound on earth shall be held bound in heaven."

Now if you have trouble with Jesus bestowing authority upon another, then take it up with Him.

As far as worshipping anyone but God goes, this where many militant anti-Catholics become demagogues and propaganda deceivers. Obviously it serves their own purposes so why would they let up?

PS -- I doubt we "love" our pope the way you are fawning over your horse.

Catholicism is a unique faith...they pray to Mary and Saints - dead people ordained by a man. They treat the Pope like a deity when he is simply a figurehead instilled to maintain the pomp and circumstance created to satisfy man.

We pray to saints for their aid in petitioning God for our prayers. The pope is not a deity.

Think of Saints as expediters.

Last edited:
Catholics believe, inaccurately, that the Virgin Mary should be worshipped in place of God, and they worship beaded necklaces

Catholics believe, inaccurately, that the Virgin Mary should be worshipped in place of God, and they worship beaded necklaces
What you think we Catholics do is the least of your problems.

J.H. play hide and seek when they are cornered.

Incidentally, asking the Mother of Jesus (read: God) is not the same as worshipping Mary. But do not let that curtail your ill-fated mission.

Do you not pray to Mary since your false god won't let you talk to him directly?
Yes, I pray to Mary. Praise God!!

Are you afraid to listen to any other Christian's words or teachings other than your JH handlers? I am sure it is forbidden. (sounds eerily "Islamic" to me. they are so afraid of the truth they forbid any outside discourse)

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”

Do you not pray to Mary since your false god won't let you talk to him directly?

Are you afraid to listen to any other Christian's words or teachings other than your JH handlers? I am sure it is forbidden. (sounds eerily "Islamic" to me. they are so afraid of the truth they forbid any outside discourse)
Admission to idolatry!;

Admission to idolatry!;

No, you have just admitted to total ignorance and blind obedience to a cult.

I'm not saying you are still not going to heaven (ultimately after learning your errors in purgatory), but I am saying you are in a bad state preaching false doctrines.

Like God would single out the Jehovah witnesses and send everybody else to the nether world. That is not my God who is immeasurably merciful and just.

A cult lies to its followers to make $ for its leaders, like the Catholics lie to their members to make them spend more $$$ so gGod will let them out of the fantasy land of purgatory

Catholicism isn't Christianity...it is Catholicism.

Forum List

Back