Just a question about Catholics

A Rosary is to keep track of which prayer you are on.

Mary came back to teach mankind how to pray the Rosary.

To remove any doubt about who is prayed to, there is a large Crucifix on every one.

I am a former Catholic, but even so, twisting of Catholic practices still bothers me.

Mary taught how to pray to Jesus.

And that is that.

Regards from Rosie
Ditto. Anyone raised Catholic has been treated to bigoted propaganda by other so called Christian sects.

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me".

Making the golden calf while the Moses was on the mountain, statues of gods and whatnot....POPES. Cuz the pope IS worshipped like a god, right? So..isn't that worshipping something other than God Himself?

Not trying to be rude..just wondering how this....fawning...over the Pope is "different". Same as those that fall over themselves with other preachers and reverends, etc. Same thing, isn't it? Worship of some guy that claims to speak for God.
Jesus told Peter that he would be the head of His Church on earth, and that Church would have the "keys of the kingdom." He also said "whatsoever you hold bound on earth shall be held bound in heaven."

Now if you have trouble with Jesus bestowing authority upon another, then take it up with Him.

As far as worshipping anyone but God goes, this where many militant anti-Catholics become demagogues and propaganda deceivers. Obviously it serves their own purposes so why would they let up?

PS -- I doubt we "love" our pope the way you are fawning over your horse.
I said I wasn't trying to be rude. I wondered, so I asked. Politely. Now, not so politely, you can suck my asshole, asshole.
You aren't fooling anyone.

Pene, Wion rediscovered the manuscript and included it in his work, Lignum vitae. The problem with the theory of Wion being the author of the prophecies is contrary to what you said. The prophesies contained in the work are amazingly accurate. Not just names but attributes. The work is prophetic regardless of who is thought to have prophesied it.
John Paul 2 being born under an eclipse and entombed under an eclipse. The names taken at birth and rebirth as Pope. Benedict the Olivet, Francis, their medallions, heritage, heraldry....

But the timeline didn't fit. Benedict should still be the Pope. But if these are the end times one more Pope had to be fit in for the prophesy to be accurate. And then a rare event took place. #111 resigned.......

It is something to keep in mind as we watch this Pope unfold. His political involvement, and does it seem bias, but particularly his reliance on Christ as the only way to salvation. Peter's church relied on Christ. Does Francis share that view, or is he politically correct and includes many ways to heaven? Is he convincing his followers that Allah and the God of Abraham are the same God? Does he support God's chosen or is it his stand that Israel should give up God's land?

All things we should watch for in determining false prophet status...

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me".

Making the golden calf while the Moses was on the mountain, statues of gods and whatnot....POPES. Cuz the pope IS worshipped like a god, right? So..isn't that worshipping something other than God Himself?

Not trying to be rude..just wondering how this....fawning...over the Pope is "different". Same as those that fall over themselves with other preachers and reverends, etc. Same thing, isn't it? Worship of some guy that claims to speak for God.
Jesus told Peter that he would be the head of His Church on earth, and that Church would have the "keys of the kingdom." He also said "whatsoever you hold bound on earth shall be held bound in heaven."

Now if you have trouble with Jesus bestowing authority upon another, then take it up with Him.

As far as worshipping anyone but God goes, this where many militant anti-Catholics become demagogues and propaganda deceivers. Obviously it serves their own purposes so why would they let up?

PS -- I doubt we "love" our pope the way you are fawning over your horse.
I said I wasn't trying to be rude. I wondered, so I asked. Politely. Now, not so politely, you can suck my asshole, asshole.
You aren't fooling anyone.
She never fooled me!

Since before the Last Supper, disciples of Christ have taken seriously his words that he is present and able to provide us spiritual nourishment with his body and blood in the form of bread and wine. Catholics accept the mystery of this, that Christ is truly present, body, blood, soul, and divinity. Just as a mother physically nourishes her child with her living body without any decimation of self, Christ nourishes us without any decimation of his body. We honor, thank, and glorify Christ for the gift and nourishment he provides us. Christ spoke the words of everlasting life. Many will not walk away from him, no matter how hard the words.

No, according to the gospel of John Jesus made it clear that his claim that one must eat his flesh and drink his blood to receive eternal life, the saying that many could not stomach, was a metaphor for the words that he spoke, his teaching about the figurative nature and hidden subjects of the divine commands that must be understood before it is even possible to receive the promise of eternal life fulfilled in this world. " The spirit alone gives life; the flesh is of no avail. The words that I have spoken to you are both spirit and life." John 6:63

when Jesus asked his closest disciples if they were going to leave him too, after he explained himself, Simon Peter replied, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You words are words of eternal life. We have faith and know that you are the Holy One of God." John 6:68.

Words and teaching from above, like manna from heaven, the food of angels, was already an established metaphor in Judaism, that only studied Jews would have understood.

"The days are coming," declares the Sovereign LORD, "when I will send a famine through the land-- not a famine of food or a thirst for water, but a famine of hearing the words of the LORD. Amos 8:11

"Come! Every one who thirsts, come to the waters; And you who have no money come, buy and eat. Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. "Why do you spend money for what is not bread, And your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And delight yourself in abundance. "Incline your ear and come to Me. Listen, that you may live; And I will make an everlasting covenant with you, According to the faithful mercies shown to David. Isaiah 55:2-…

What the disciples confirmed to believe was that the words that Jesus spoke that teach the way to understand and apply the law that leads to eternal life is what gives life. They never claimed to believe anything about bread and wine being what he meant by flesh and blood.

In fact it is no small point that during the last supper according to the gospel of John, no one was given bread or wine except Judas, as way for Jesus to covertly identify his betrayer to the others, and "as soon as Judas received the bread, Satan entered him." John 13:27

If you have ears to hear, then hear.

Do you not pray to Mary since your false god won't let you talk to him directly?
Yes, I pray to Mary. Praise God!!

Are you afraid to listen to any other Christian's words or teachings other than your JH handlers? I am sure it is forbidden. (sounds eerily "Islamic" to me. they are so afraid of the truth they forbid any outside discourse)

Mary cannot hear your prayers.

Do you not pray to Mary since your false god won't let you talk to him directly?
Yes, I pray to Mary. Praise God!!

Are you afraid to listen to any other Christian's words or teachings other than your JH handlers? I am sure it is forbidden. (sounds eerily "Islamic" to me. they are so afraid of the truth they forbid any outside discourse)

Mary cannot hear your prayers.

It is truly remarkable how so many followers of the various Abrahamic religions are so quick to spite each other's rituals and practices and methods of worshipping God.

All catholic idolatry fools go to hell

There were 7 churches that Christ addressed in Rev. as the 7 lampstands. All but one had issues. As long as a Catholic accepts Christ as their savior, he is. He'll tell them to leave their rosaries at the gate, and come on in. Art Rooney will be there to welcome you, along with Mother Teresa. If our salvation is based on dogma, or doctrine, then none of us will go. No denomination has it all 100% right. Our salvation isn't based on us. It is based on Christ. Whatever shortcomings we have were rectified for us at the cross.

By the same token, we are not to call others fools. Not to judge others, or their walk. That is between an individual and Christ.

To remove any doubt about who is prayed to, there is a large Crucifix on every one.

I am a former Catholic, but even so, twisting of Catholic practices still bothers me.

And that is that.

Regards from Rosie
oh mommy declared how to worship, she's mortal

No, but the Pope is obeyed as if he was the ultimate earthly representative of and authority on God..

1. A brief review of Catholic Saints, or even Popes, gives people a nice sketch on how differently we Catholics believe and think on any number of matters. Yes, we do agree on major doctrines and dogmas, but other than that we are all over the map.

2. Parishes are run by Pastors and priests. Parishes are headed by a diocese which are headed by bishops. Pope Francis is the Bishop of Rome, not the Bishop of the diocese in which I reside. The Bishops serve the pastors and priests, and the Pope is known as the servant of the servants of God. It has been over sixty years since a Pope has spoken ex-cathedra, meaning that the entire Church will obey a new proclamation. The Pope is an example of Christ and his teachings, more than he is someone people leap to obey. He has more responsibilities than the average Bishop.

Ugh. So what if its been over sixty years since a Pope has spoken ex-cathedra. All that shows is that all of the following Popes just toed the line of every former Pope however evil and corrupt.

If the current ball less wonder was an example of Christ and his teachings he would not have set aside the commands of God to worship a lifeless matzo made by human hands as if it was a god that could give life to those who eat it... on international TV no less.

He most certainly would not be misleading others to do the same, which amounts to murder.

As the Pope he will be held accountable for his words and deeds and for all the innocent blood shed throughout history by the church that has led people to their destruction from its inception by the unholy union between Christianity and the Roman empire from which the papacy received its power and authority to commit every atrocity that is a matter of historical record for the past 1,689 years.

This is the teaching and example that Jesus left for believers to follow:

"He who sets aside even the least of the Laws demands, and teaches others to do the same, shall have the lowest place in the kingdom of God."

To understand what Jesus meant by saying they will have "the lowest place", see Genesis 3:14.

This is the teaching and example that Jesus left for believers to follow: "He who sets aside even the least of the Laws demands, and teaches others to do the same, shall have the lowest place in the kingdom of God."

He couldn't possibly be talking about you though, of course. No.

--- The one who dances around John 6 and boldly calls the body of Christ a matza ball. No.

--- The one who says when Jesus said "whose sins you hold bound they are held bound" Jesus wasn't speaking about confession, nor did he mean it for His disciples but for anybody who wanted to claim that authority for himself. No.

--- The one who thinks Peter was not made the head of the church, nor did Jesus formally establish One Church, a ruling body that was given "the keys of the kingdom." No.

--- The one thinks God in heaven would allow the devil to malign the Mother of His Son by making her nothing more than a target of ridicule and accuse any who honor her of being heretics or worse. No.

--- The one who doesn't dare speculate what happens to all who are not Christians (are they all in hell?) but assures everyone else how pure white he is going straight to heaven even if he committed all kinds of sins and hanky panky after he made that altar call. No.

--- the one who stands 10 feet tall telling us why he is so pure because of John 3:16 but then cannot explain why at the last judgement (Matthew 25:31-46) when Jesus separates the sheep from the goats, faith is not even mentioned as a reason --- only charity!

To sum: you and your arrogant protestant bunch who mock the Catholic faith play more games with Scripture (by running away from the tough verses) and more dangerous games with your souls than any sinning, repenting Catholic Church ever has.

LOL...

Was it something that I said that struck a nerve?

I would be more than happy to attempt to reason with you, again, about those so called tough verses but you seem to have forgotten that you have already been thoroughly refuted on the subject, however, your superstitious and irrational dedication to falsehood is very impressive.

I was wondering when meriweather's superior in the hierarchy of hell was going to show up. I just didn't expect it to be you again, without the facade of a pious man of distinguished pretensions.

Why not let's get right to the clash then? and all of your buddies are invited to put your collective heads together, a legion against one. Fair enough?

BTW, I am not Protestant..

Oh yeah, about those sheep and goats....

You, a he-goat "without blemish", have been carefully selected and prepared as a sin offering.
Your slaughter has been dedicated to the Lord.

Which tough verse would you like to begin with mr. smarty pants?

Last edited:

And that is that.

Regards from Rosie
oh mommy declared how to worship, she's mortal

She never suffered corruption; she was assumed body and soul to Heaven to be its Queen.

Mortals do not get to do this.

Regards from Rosie

Since before the Last Supper, disciples of Christ have taken seriously his words that he is present and able to provide us spiritual nourishment with his body and blood in the form of bread and wine. Catholics accept the mystery of this, that Christ is truly present, body, blood, soul, and divinity. Just as a mother physically nourishes her child with her living body without any decimation of self, Christ nourishes us without any decimation of his body. We honor, thank, and glorify Christ for the gift and nourishment he provides us. Christ spoke the words of everlasting life. Many will not walk away from him, no matter how hard the words.

No, according to the gospel of John Jesus made it clear that his claim that one must eat his flesh and drink his blood to receive eternal life, the saying that many could not stomach, was a metaphor for the words that he spoke, his teaching about the figurative nature and hidden subjects of the divine commands that must be understood before it is even possible to receive the promise of eternal life fulfilled in this world. " The spirit alone gives life; the flesh is of no avail. The words that I have spoken to you are both spirit and life." John 6:63

when Jesus asked his closest disciples if they were going to leave him too, after he explained himself, Simon Peter replied, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You words are words of eternal life. We have faith and know that you are the Holy One of God." John 6:68.

Words and teaching from above, like manna from heaven, the food of angels, was already an established metaphor in Judaism, that only studied Jews would have understood.

"The days are coming," declares the Sovereign LORD, "when I will send a famine through the land-- not a famine of food or a thirst for water, but a famine of hearing the words of the LORD. Amos 8:11

"Come! Every one who thirsts, come to the waters; And you who have no money come, buy and eat. Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. "Why do you spend money for what is not bread, And your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And delight yourself in abundance. "Incline your ear and come to Me. Listen, that you may live; And I will make an everlasting covenant with you, According to the faithful mercies shown to David. Isaiah 55:2-…

What the disciples confirmed to believe was that the words that Jesus spoke that teach the way to understand and apply the law that leads to eternal life is what gives life. They never claimed to believe anything about bread and wine being what he meant by flesh and blood.

In fact it is no small point that during the last supper according to the gospel of John, no one was given bread or wine except Judas, as way for Jesus to covertly identify his betrayer to the others, and "as soon as Judas received the bread, Satan entered him." John 13:27

If you have ears to hear, then hear.

One of the first things to remember about Catholic teachings is that we accept them all--we do not separate or divide them. Faith, works, and grace...Spirit and "Eat my body and drink my blood..." It is not one or the other, but all.

One of the first things to remember about Catholic teachings is that we accept them all--we do not separate or divide them. Faith, works, and grace...Spirit and "Eat my body and drink my blood..." It is not one or the other, but all.

How do you resolve this statement with the other statement that what Catholics believe is all over the map?

Make up your mind please.....

Catholics are closet cannibals.
"mass" means eating crackers that magical turn into flesh and wine that with a flash of light become blood.
Don't trust them, they eat people, religious. (no pun intended)

All their priests rape children because "god" won't let them get married.
They're mentally challenged to put it politely

How do you resolve this statement with the other statement that what Catholics believe is all over the map?

Make up your mind please.....

As I explained then, "Outside of major doctrine and dogma..." The Eucharist falls into the category of major.

Forum List

Back