Just a question about Catholics

For all that answered my question to the best of their ability without being fucktards....thank you.

Don't start a troll thread and then complain about the responses.
o

She didn't start a troll thread.

Stop sucking up. Of course she did.

I disagree with you, Unkotare. Am I permitted to disagree with you or not?

If you want to climb up a troll's ass, that's up to you.

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me".

Making the golden calf while the Moses was on the mountain, statues of gods and whatnot....POPES. Cuz the pope IS worshipped like a god, right? So..isn't that worshipping something other than God Himself?

Not trying to be rude..just wondering how this....fawning...over the Pope is "different". Same as those that fall over themselves with other preachers and reverends, etc. Same thing, isn't it? Worship of some guy that claims to speak for God.

Gracie, I read your thread to my husband - he said, that is the truth right there. He believes you have hit on it - also - I do not find that you have been rude in posting this thread whatsoever. If we cannot discuss such things how can we ever arrive at the right answers? I applaud your decision to post this thread! Thank you very much.

p.s. you are right about other ministers being lifted up too - there are plenty out there and their name is the biggest letters on their books, their tv shows, etc. Truly despicable. Thank you for the thread.

For all that answered my question to the best of their ability without being fucktards....thank you.

Don't start a troll thread and then complain about the responses.
o

She didn't start a troll thread.

Stop sucking up. Of course she did.

I disagree with you, Unkotare. Am I permitted to disagree with you or not?

If you want to climb up a troll's ass, that's up to you.

I do not know what has gotten into you this morning but I've made my last comment here - which is - as you have pointed out - up to me!

Good day, Unkotare!

Making the golden calf while the Moses was on the mountain, statues of gods and whatnot....POPES. Cuz the pope IS worshipped like a god, right? So..isn't that worshipping something other than God Himself?

Not trying to be rude..just wondering how this....fawning...over the Pope is "different". Same as those that fall over themselves with other preachers and reverends, etc. Same thing, isn't it? Worship of some guy that claims to speak for God.

Er, no one worships the pope. No one.

A Rosary is to keep track of which prayer you are on.

Mary came back to teach mankind how to pray the Rosary.

To remove any doubt about who is prayed to, there is a large Crucifix on every one.

I am a former Catholic, but even so, twisting of Catholic practices still bothers me.

Mary taught how to pray to Jesus.

And that is that.

Regards from Rosie

Mary didn't teach Jesus how to pray. According to the Word of God - Jesus taught his disciples how to pray. Jesus gave us the Lord's Prayer. Not Mary. Mary was a sinner saved by grace through her faith in Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God. In John Chapter 1 we see that Jesus Christ is God and that He was before the foundations of the earth. In the beginning was the Word. Jesus Christ is the Word. Jesus Christ was before Mary was. Jesus Christ is eternal - Mary was born at a certain place and time and was nothing more than a vessel through which Christ was born to the earth. Today we who have accepted Jesus Christ have the privilege of being vessels too. Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit. Do not make too much out of Mary. She was just an ordinary woman like you, me and Gracie. She was blessed to be chosen to carry the LORD in her womb but what did Jesus say to those who said Blessed is your womb?

Read the bible beginning with Luke 11: 27, 28 and you'll find this, Rose..........

While Jesus was saying these things, one of the women in the crowd raised her voice and said to Him, "Blessed is the womb that bore You and the breasts at which You nursed."But He said, "On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it."
-Luke 11:27,28

Jesus always pointed to the Father. Not Mary.

Don't believe Catholicism and the words of a man called the Pope, Rose. Believe the Bible which is the Word of God. Jesus is the only one who can save you. Catholicism cannot save you. It's a false religion that teaches idolatry.

Once again, Jesus always pointed to the Father. Not Mary.
Thanks for reading.

Actually, Jesus didn't taught his disciples "how" to pray.

Jesus taught his disciples to pray.

Luke 11 English Standard Version (ESV)

11 Now Jesus was praying in a certain place, and when he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, as John taught his disciples.” 2 And he said to them, “When you pray, say:

“Father, hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come.
3 Give us each day our daily bread,
4 and forgive us our sins,
for we ourselves forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And lead us not into temptation.”

From the beginning of time, mankind has been befuddled and traumatized over the least things--and there are many things any human doesn't understand properly. One of the first things we humans learned is that we can use something good for evil; we can portray what is good as evil. Choosing to take what is good and using it for evil is what many call the fall of man--or Original Sin.

Man is still falling. Sure, anyone can take what is right and good about the Catholic faith and portray it--or use it--as evil. But that does not prevent others from seeing what is right and good about it, and keeping it--and applying it--for the good of oneself and others.

Those of us who seriously delve into the Catechism find it links us straight to scripture--and the practices of those who knew Christ.

There is no such scripture that shows the disciples on their knees worshiping a lifeless matzo made by human hands as if it was a god that could give spiritual life to those who eat it.

There is no scripture that shows God becoming edible flesh except in the way that I have shown you, figuratively, in the form of words spoken by Jesus that must be heard to be understood by the mind, not in the form of bread that must be eaten by the mouth and crapped down the toilet the next day as is taught in your catechism.

But there are volumes of scripture that promise that the consequence for anyone who engages in such brazen idolatry will be death, not physical death, but the death of rational intelligence and subsequent descent into the netherworld, the realm of the dead, where the sweat of the brow, thinking, will only produce thorns and thistles for the rest of their days. That is what the fall of man is about. Didn't you ever read the story about the serpent in the garden and Adam and Eve?

You fell, hook line, and sinker, for the same exact lie of the Nachash in the fairy tale; that one can set aside the command of God and they will not die but instead their eyes will be opened and they will become like God and receive eternal life..

According to scripture and even Jesus himself there is no other reward possible other than death for engaging in such a vile and degrading practice and 'believers' inability to perceive or refrain from such an obviously evil practice and brazen defiance of divine law is evidence that they have their reward already.

Last edited:
There is no such scripture that shows the disciples on their knees worshiping a lifeless matzo made by human hands as if it was a god that could give spiritual life to those who eat it.

There is no scripture that shows God becoming edible flesh except in the way that I have shown you, figuratively, in the form of words spoken by Jesus that must be heard to be understood by the mind, not in the form of bread that must be eaten by the mouth and crapped down the toilet the next day as is taught in your catechism.

But there are volumes of scripture that promise that the consequence for anyone who engages in such brazen idolatry will be death, not physical death, but the death of rational intelligence and subsequent descent into the netherworld, the realm of the dead, where the sweat of the brow, thinking, will only produce thorns and thistles for the rest of their days. That is what the fall of man is about. Didn't you ever read the story about the serpent in the garden and Adam and Eve?

You fell, hook line, and sinker, for the same exact lie of the Nachash in the fairy tale; that one can set aside the command of God and they will not die but instead their eyes will be opened and they will become like God and receive eternal life..

According to scripture and even Jesus himself there is no other reward possible other than death for engaging in such a vile and degrading practice and 'believers' inability to perceive or refrain from such an obviously evil practice and brazen defiance of divine law is evidence that they have their reward already.

The Didache, written before some New Testament scripture, enumerates the practices of early Christians. I don't know if this means anything to you, but this is some of what early Christians were taught in regards of celebrating the Eucharist, and practices still followed by Catholics two thousand years later.

The Eucharist is a sacrifice and is to be preceded by a confession of sins, as is Sunday worship.

No one is to eat or drink of your Eucharist but those who have been baptized in the Name of the Lord; for the Lord's own saying applies here,"Give not that which is holy unto dogs."

Why were early Christians careful to observe the Eucharist as holy? What made it so? We see where the Romans of this time themselves called these early Christians cannibals. Why would they say this unless they, as some do now, scoff at the belief. Further, it wasn't until four hundred centuries after Christ that we can find any writings at all that question the True Presence of Christ in the Eucharist.

From the beginning of time, mankind has been befuddled and traumatized over the least things--and there are many things any human doesn't understand properly. One of the first things we humans learned is that we can use something good for evil; we can portray what is good as evil. Choosing to take what is good and using it for evil is what many call the fall of man--or Original Sin.

Man is still falling. Sure, anyone can take what is right and good about the Catholic faith and portray it--or use it--as evil. But that does not prevent others from seeing what is right and good about it, and keeping it--and applying it--for the good of oneself and others.

Those of us who seriously delve into the Catechism find it links us straight to scripture--and the practices of those who knew Christ.

I posted this response to the wrong post of Hobelim's I will soon correct that.

Last edited:

To non catholics and to non church goers...it SEEMS like they do. Hence..the question.

To non catholics and to non church goers...it SEEMS like they do. Hence..the question.
It is no different than someone getting excited over their favorite sports team or rock concert.

You're wrong. No one worships the pope. Seriously.

You're wrong. No one worships the pope. Seriously.
Not wrong. Ignorant. But I'm learning. ;)

I can see why, the Pope is a man, if it were a woman,,,well...we'd have to...

You can ding Catholics for a lot of things, but worshipping idols isn't one of them.

This thread, for Grossie, is telling. No different from her starting a thread asking why black people "enjoy raping". A strawman wrapped in begging the question.

Side note. Kkk types have historically hated Catholics as much as black people. Jeremiah

You can ding Catholics for a lot of things, but worshipping idols isn't one of them.

This thread, for Grossie, is telling. No different from her starting a thread asking why black people "enjoy raping". A strawman wrapped in begging the question.

Side note. Kkk types have historically hated Catholics as much as black people. Jeremiah
Well, yeah...Gracie is an idiot, but Catholicism does worship idols.

No, it doesn't. But yeah, Grossie is an idiot.

I don't want to insult your faith, so can we simply agree that Gracie is a useless idiot?

I don't want to insult your faith, so can we simply agree that Gracie is a useless idiot?
Fair enough.

Forum List

Back