Just a question about Catholics

You can ding Catholics for a lot of things, but worshipping idols isn't one of them.

This thread, for Grossie, is telling. No different from her starting a thread asking why black people "enjoy raping". A strawman wrapped in begging the question.

Side note. Kkk types have historically hated Catholics as much as black people. Jeremiah
Link please, of supposed thread, Raving.

You can ding Catholics for a lot of things, but worshipping idols isn't one of them.

This thread, for Grossie, is telling. No different from her starting a thread asking why black people "enjoy raping". A strawman wrapped in begging the question.

Side note. Kkk types have historically hated Catholics as much as black people. Jeremiah
Link please, of supposed thread, Raving.

Just something to note, Gracie.

If you ask people in general if Catholics worship Idols, of course Catholics are going to deny it and try to make you doubt your own suspicions. Never lose faith in what you can see with your own eyes and decide for yourself with the brains God gave you to think.

Anyone who peeks inside a church during mass will see with their own eyes Catholics openly worshiping a matzo and hear with their own ears the priest say that the eucharist made by human hands will become for them the body of Christ, in actuality, their supposed God in the flesh and source of eternal life...if they have eyes that see and ears that hear.

Is this Idolatry?

Yes.

As far as if they worship the Pope, let me put it this way, any dog that goes belly up when approaching their master is performing an act of submission. Not exactly what most people think of as worship but really, whats the difference?

In the same way many Catholics have their own ideas about what God requires of them and think priests should be able to marry, many think the use of condoms is not sinful and many do not believe that Jesus ever said a negative word about homosexuality which was openly expressed during the time and place in which he lived under Roman occupation. ( if it really was such a horrible sin, he probably would have mentioned it.)

However if the Pope says its against Church teaching, based entirely on a Pauline version of pharisaic, guilt ridden, self loathing, homophobic, misogyny, then those who deny their own conscience in deference to Papal authority might as well go belly up like a dog before its master.

Is that really a form of worship?

Yes.

"Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns away from the LORD." Jeremiah 17:5

Last edited:
Just something to note, Gracie.

If you ask people in general if Catholics worship Idols, of course Catholics are going to deny it and try to make you doubt your own suspicions. Never lose faith in what you can see with your own eyes and decide for yourself with the brains God gave you to think.

Anyone who peeks inside a church during mass will see with their own eyes Catholics openly worshiping a matzo and hear with their own ears the priest say that the eucharist made by human hands will become for them the body of Christ, in actuality, their supposed God in the flesh and source of eternal life...if they have eyes that see and ears that hear.

Is this Idolatry?

Yes.

As far as if they worship the Pope, let me put it this way, any dog that goes belly up when approaching their master is performing an act of submission. Not exactly what most people think of as worship but really, whats the difference?

In the same way many Catholics have their own ideas about what God requires of them and think priests should be able to marry, many think the use of condoms is not sinful and many do not believe that Jesus ever said a negative word about homosexuality which was openly expressed during the time and place in which he lived under Roman occupation. ( if it really was such a horrible sin, he probably would have mentioned it.)

However if the Pope says its against Church teaching, based entirely on a Pauline version of pharisaic, guilt ridden, self loathing, homophobic, misogyny, then those who deny their own conscience in deference to Papal authority might as well go belly up like a dog before its master.

Is that really a form of worship?

Yes.

"Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns away from the LORD." Jeremiah 17:5

What Christ spoke, Catholics believe. It is as simple as that. We can point to scripture (Cor. 10:16–17, 11:23–29; John 6:32–71.) We can point to early Christian accounts of the belief of the presence of Christ in the consecrated bread and wine. We can show how holy they regarded it, and how Catholics continued this practice instituted on the night of the Last Supper.

If, fifteen hundred years after the fact, people feel that medieval Christians were more in tune with what Christ meant and what proper practice of, "Do this in remembrance of me," should be, that is their choice. But the Catholic choice is to continue as it was in the beginning and to keep the faith as it was passed down by the Apostles.

Now give me one good reason to spend time getting nuanced with you on Jesus Christ and His teachings? Your pride, once again, has blinded you. Which reminds me of the word of the Virgin Mary to the Ecuadorian visionary Pachi. She said “Pride is the cancer of the soul... Most will only come to know and love God on bended knees.”

Whatever the reason is that you felt the need to interject yourself into a conversation that I was having with meriweather is good enough for me. Apparently something that I said hit you on the raw and you had an unseemly emotional knee jerk reaction.

Now you are accusing me of having pride, the cancer of the soul, immediately after you retreat back into the pretense of feigning bewilderment trying to find a reason for such a busy guy to respond to my challenge to attempt to reason with you, again., about those so called tough verses, that you have falsely accused me of trying to dance around in the midst of a confrontation that you started.

So, whether you like it or not, you are compelled to respond.

and I do agree with you that;

"to point out facts and historical events that you will ignore or will look for some angle to bring down some incidental point raised, all the while ignoring the larger and more glaring realities. . It is an age old fool’s game.".

But, I don't mind playing this fools game with you who are the one accusing me of pride while ignoring the larger and more glaring realities of your devotion to perjury in the name of God, Idolatry, and desecrating the teachings of Jesus.

So don't waste any of your precious time worrying that I am going to try and convince you about anything because if scripture is true then death is the only possible reward for anyone devoted to what you openly profess to believe and what you openly, knowingly, and deliberately practice during mass. Your sin stands out like a white boulder in the middle of a plowed field and it is already a glaring reality that you have your reward already.

You should be happy to know that your every denial and attempt to manipulate or deride the larger and deeper points that you have already ignored will convince many about the the reality of divine judgment and the wisdom of God in giving the law that prohibits eating the flesh of any unclean creature that either crawls on its belly or does not ruminate by your generous demonstration of the disturbing and terrifying consequences for disobedience made visible by you in your own words that reflect the degenerate state of your religiously addled mind. .

Last edited:
Now give me one good reason to spend time getting nuanced with you on Jesus Christ and His teachings? Your pride, once again, has blinded you. Which reminds me of the word of the Virgin Mary to the Ecuadorian visionary Pachi. She said “Pride is the cancer of the soul... Most will only come to know and love God on bended knees.”

Whatever the reason is that you felt the need to interject yourself into a conversation that I was having with meriweather is good enough for me. Apparently something that I said hit you on the raw and you had an unseemly emotional knee jerk reaction.

Now you are accusing me of having pride, the cancer of the soul, immediately after you retreat back into the pretense of feigning bewilderment trying to find a reason for such a busy guy to respond to my challenge to attempt to reason with you, again., about those so called tough verses, that you have falsely accused me of trying to dance around in the midst of a confrontation that you started.

So, whether you like it or not, you are compelled to respond.

and I do agree with you that;

"to point out facts and historical events that you will ignore or will look for some angle to bring down some incidental point raised, all the while ignoring the larger and more glaring realities. . It is an age old fool’s game.".

But, I don't mind playing this fools game with you who are the one accusing me of pride while ignoring the larger and more glaring realities of your devotion to perjury in the name of God, Idolatry, and desecrating the teachings of Jesus.

So don't waste any of your precious time worrying that I am going to try and convince you about anything because if scripture is true then death is the only possible reward for anyone devoted to what you openly profess to believe and what you openly, knowingly, and deliberately practice during mass. Your sin stands out like a white boulder in the middle of a plowed field and it is already a glaring reality that you have your reward already.

You should be happy to know that your every denial and attempt to manipulate or deride the larger and deeper points that you have already ignored will convince many about the the reality of divine judgment and the wisdom of God in giving the law that prohibits eating the flesh of any unclean creature that either crawls on its belly or does not ruminate by your generous demonstration of the disturbing and terrifying consequences for disobedience made visible by you in your own words that reflect the degenerate state of your religiously addled mind. ..

But, I don't mind playing this fools game with you who are the one accusing me of pride while ignoring the larger and more glaring realities of your devotion to perjury in the name of God, Idolatry, and desecrating the teachings of Jesus... … Ugh. So what if its been over sixty years since a Pope has spoken ex-cathedra. All that shows is that all of the following Popes just toed the line of every former Pope however evil and corrupt.

Ridiculous conclusion. Pope’s don’t tow the line. They remind their own contemporaries of the dogma, doctrine, teachings and canon law of the Church. It has been stated in many places that even the most corrupt popes of centuries past never put forth any papal bull, encyclical, etc. that went against the codified teachings on faith and morals. That must be the Holy Spirit presiding over the ordained providence of the office of the pope, and not the man. To put it another way, neither the Church nor the Church councils nor I are the least bit interested in your favored interpretation of a particular verse or even of what the 10,000+ denominations choose to call it. None of you are the Church, the Church that Jesus Christ established, the one He gave divine authority to rule and bind, and it would be bound in heaven. So spare me your lame charges of perjury and idolatry. You are not much different than a child seeing a verse at a 6th grade level and thinking you have it all figured out. God allows us to call teachers teachers and fathers father and to have statues and paintings that give spiritual encouragement to the poor and the illiterate. Your Pharisetical legalism is embarrassing and desperate. You think you can find a chink in the armor of the Church and you have won the war. You are in denial. Your whole defense against the Eucharist, confession and purgatory makes you out to be more of an enemy than a soldier for Christ. And, yes, you and yours dance around many major differences in Scripture. My problem is when I post a necessary lengthier defense on one of those matters, it is ignored or someone will nibble on the edge of one point and ignore all the rest. Or it is too long for someone to read why they are wrong. I get it.

If the current ball less wonder was an example of Christ and his teachings he would not have set aside the commands of God to worship a lifeless matzo made by human hands as if it was a god that could give life to those who eat it... on international TV no less.

Hobelim, you are convicting yourself of being a fool or a liar. The choice hardly matters to me, but no longer surprises me. Dance away. But remember the words of St. Paul if you ever decide to take Holy Communion in a Catholic Church ---- “Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner, shall be guilty of the body and the blood of the Lord.” And do not forget to turn a blind eye to the Last Supper, the early church fathers teachings, the mass and the Eucharist from the very beginning and the miracles associated with the sacred host.

As the Pope he will be held accountable for his words and deeds and for all the innocent blood shed throughout history by the church that has led people to their destruction from its inception by the unholy union between Christianity and the Roman empire from which the papacy received its power and authority to commit every atrocity that is a matter of historical record for the past 1,689 years.

You’re lost. Plus it is obvious the only thing you can possibly attack is the sins of Catholic believers but not their teachings. Apparently Jesus came for sinners in the Catholic Church but could find none in the Protestant ecclesiastical communities, only “saints?”

This is the teaching and example that Jesus left for believers to follow: "He who sets aside even the least of the Laws demands, and teaches others to do the same, shall have the lowest place in the kingdom of God."

Oh, I see. And you are the holy example of sacred purity who has not set aside any of God’s laws but maintained perfect obedience, and, perfect teaching? Heck, you have not even had the desire to answer my question what kind a believer are you , if any?

To understand what Jesus meant by saying they will have "the lowest place", see Genesis 3:14.

I have showed you and taught you about purgatory with 20 passages or more, and with so many other convicting reasons, but you do not want to listen. Of course I know why. But you also (like so many others) have a history of tendentious deliberations and pedantic arguments taking the reader totally away from the crux of the matter and focusing on preferred rule interpretations of tangential points. Never wanting to be reminded Jesus gave the Church, and the Church only, the authority to rule and bind, not renegades like you and your ecclesiastical communities.

If the current ball less wonder was an example of Christ and his teachings he would not have set aside the commands of God to worship a lifeless matzo made by human hands as if it was a god that could give life to those who eat it... on international TV no less.

Hobelim, you are convicting yourself of being a fool or a liar. The choice hardly matters to me, but no longer surprises me. Dance away. But remember the words of St. Paul if you ever decide to take Holy Communion in a Catholic Church ---- “Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner, shall be guilty of the body and the blood of the Lord.”

You forgot to add the rest of the quote;

"For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body, eats and drinks judgment on himself."

Discerning the body is not about taking communion by worshiping and eating something made by human hands that has no life and can speak no words in a church in some archaic roman eating of the god ceremony..

If the Pope or you or anyone thinks that Jesus was commanding people to worship a lifeless matzo and eat it for spiritual life they have not discerned the body and are eating and drinking condemnation upon themselves because they are guilty of desecrating the body of Christ, the very word of God.

Thats why you cannot comprehend the simple truth that the body of Christ consists of the words that form the body of teaching that Jesus received from God like manna from heaven and became, his flesh, that was given for the life of the world.,

Hate to break the news to you but you died in the very day you first got down on your knees in deranged adoration before a lifeless matzo made by human hands because you fell for the lie of whatever species of serpent poisoned your mind into believing you will not die by doing the exact opposite of what God commands, but instead will receive eternal life,.

This is your predicament; You do the exact opposite of what God commands and worship something made by human hands for spiritual life that has no life and is not God as an expression of your religious devotion, so immediately you die again, and again, and again, on a weekly basis and perpetually descend into the netherworld where you remain tormented day and night by the confusion of irrational beliefs in things that never happened which perverts every perception of what is actually taking place while you pray for things that will never come for as long as you remain under the condemnation of the very God that you profess to serve but are openly devoted to defying.

The more you seem to proceed towards God and the kingdom of heaven in your imagination by worshiping something that is not God, the further from God and his kingdom you recede in actuality. You have been placed under a delusion.

I do understand why someone in your position would think they are having a spiritual experience during mass, I just can't understand how they can't see that it's just not a very good one.

Last edited:
Well gosh. Where did RavingRavi go? Did she hide herself because there is no thread she claimed where I said such a thing?

Tut tut, RavingloonieRavi. Busted again for lying.

Well gosh. Where did RavingRavi go? Did she hide herself because there is no thread she claimed where I said such a thing?

I didn't say you did. Read it again. I know you are a bigoted twit, but looks like stupid bigoted twit is a better description.

and the great pretender calls someone a liar.....

f88d65a3421bb0_full.jpg

ravi does not have to re invent herself weekly.....like the op does...

The title says they have questions yet the content is opinion. I am from deep south and have heard how terrible Catholics are since birth. Married one 40 years ago. Finest functional family you would ever meet.

The title says they have questions yet the content is opinion. I am from deep south and have heard how terrible Catholics are since birth. Married one 40 years ago. Finest functional family you would ever meet.

Whether Catholics are fine people or not has nothing whatever to do with whether their religious beliefs and practices are true or false. I have been intimately acquainted with Catholics all of my life and still am and agree with you that whatever terrible things that you heard in the south about Catholics are not true. I have met Muslims who have the finest functional families one could ever hope to meet too which has nothing whatever to do with whether Mohammed was an insane child rapist or a prophet of God. The way I see it, whether Catholic or Muslim, if they become functional and loving people it is in spite of their religious indoctrination, not because of it.

and if anything, because these are inherently good people, one would hope that a loved one would care if they were being taken advantage of and deprived of attaining their fullest potential in life by actors and lying frauds who are more than happy to fuck up their minds on a daily basis for a nominal service charge.

Last edited:

Whether Catholics are fine people or not has nothing whatever to do with whether their religious beliefs and practices are true or false. I have been intimately acquainted with Catholics all of my life and still am and agree with you that whatever terrible things that you heard in the south about Catholics are not true. I have met Muslims who have the finest functional families one could ever hope to meet too which has nothing whatever to do with whether Mohammed was an insane child rapist or a prophet of God. The way I see it, whether Catholic or Muslim, if they become functional and loving people it is in spite of their religious indoctrination, not because of it.

and if anything, because these are inherently good people, one would hope that a loved one would care if they were being taken advantage of and deprived of attaining their fullest potential in life by actors and lying frauds who are more than happy to fuck up their minds on a daily basis for a nominal service charge.
Yep, same can be said for most atheists.

Love the sinners and hate their sins.

Oh look! OldBagOfBones is here to troll some more! The poor Boney One must be in between drug highs. Did ya use a plunger on those pills you dumped down the sink and filmed while doing it....or did you turn the camera off and slap those thin rubbery lips on the drainhole and just SUCK them back up?

Oh look! OldBagOfBones is here to troll some more! The poor Boney One must be in between drug highs. Did ya use a plunger on those pills you dumped down the sink and filmed while doing it....or did you turn the camera off and slap those thin rubbery lips on the drainhole and just SUCK them back up?
^prime example of why neg rep needs to be restored.

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me".

Making the golden calf while the Moses was on the mountain, statues of gods and whatnot....POPES. Cuz the pope IS worshipped like a god, right? So..isn't that worshipping something other than God Himself?

Not trying to be rude..just wondering how this....fawning...over the Pope is "different". Same as those that fall over themselves with other preachers and reverends, etc. Same thing, isn't it? Worship of some guy that claims to speak for God.

Er, no one worships the pope. No one.
To non catholics and to non church goers...it SEEMS like they do. Hence..the question.

You're wrong. No one worships the pope. Seriously.
Not wrong. Ignorant. But I'm learning. ;)
Not really, this thread is laced with Catholic bashing bullsh*t. You should have only asked Catholics for help understanding Catholicism.

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me".

Making the golden calf while the Moses was on the mountain, statues of gods and whatnot....POPES. Cuz the pope IS worshipped like a god, right? So..isn't that worshipping something other than God Himself?

Not trying to be rude..just wondering how this....fawning...over the Pope is "different". Same as those that fall over themselves with other preachers and reverends, etc. Same thing, isn't it? Worship of some guy that claims to speak for God.

Er, no one worships the pope. No one.
To non catholics and to non church goers...it SEEMS like they do. Hence..the question.

You're wrong. No one worships the pope. Seriously.
Not wrong. Ignorant. But I'm learning. ;)
Not really, this thread is laced with Catholic bashing bullsh*t. You should have only asked Catholics for help understanding Catholicism.

not really- and no- we don't have to ask you; many of us were Catholics ourselves. The weighty yoke of the RCC and Catechism is a works-based salvation to all you are entrapped in it.

not really- and no- we don't have to ask you; many of us were Catholics ourselves.

Some who claim to have once been Catholic are kind of like the person who says, "No one has to tell me how to sail a boat--I used to play with a toy boat when I took a bath."

There is a stark difference between Catholics who were taught by other Catholics, and former Catholics who, after they left the Church, "learned" what Catholics "believe" from non-Catholics. The two are easily identified.

I respect those who left the Catholic Church because they do not agree with what the Church actually teaches. I pity those who have to make up falsehoods about Catholic teaching to give themselves enough courage to walk away.

The weighty yoke of the RCC and Catechism is a works-based salvation to all you are entrapped in it.

Works based salvation? Shrug. What you see is discipleship. We follow Christ closely and do as he taught and commanded. "Feed the hungry...clothe the naked...walk the extra mile...repent...discern the will of God and follow it...teach..."

Perhaps you can describe to Catholics how non-Catholics follow Christ and his ways without ever lifting a finger? I would like to hear more about this no-works, no-effort discipleship that, apparently, you are so fond of.

Forum List

Back