Just a question about Catholics

Do you not pray to Mary since your false god won't let you talk to him directly?
Yes, I pray to Mary. Praise God!!

Are you afraid to listen to any other Christian's words or teachings other than your JH handlers? I am sure it is forbidden. (sounds eerily "Islamic" to me. they are so afraid of the truth they forbid any outside discourse)
Catholicism isn't Christianity...it is Catholicism.
Same lie, new backdrop

Catholics believe, inaccurately, that the Virgin Mary should be worshipped in place of God, and they worship beaded necklaces

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me".

Making the golden calf while the Moses was on the mountain, statues of gods and whatnot....POPES. Cuz the pope IS worshipped like a god, right? So..isn't that worshipping something other than God Himself?

Not trying to be rude..just wondering how this....fawning...over the Pope is "different". Same as those that fall over themselves with other preachers and reverends, etc. Same thing, isn't it? Worship of some guy that claims to speak for God.

Didn't help them did it, they kept worshipping other gods regardless all throughout the OT. Most RC's do not worship Mary nor the Pope. Some fundies worship their Pastors. The Pope is the spokesperson of the RCC and we have had good and bad ones, this one is one of the best.

Catholics believe, inaccurately, that the Virgin Mary should be worshipped in place of God, and they worship beaded necklaces

Some non-Catholics believe that once a person dies, they are asleep, or have no consciousness, until a resurrection of the body occurs--which they place at the end of the world. Catholics believe that we--both the living and the dead--are the body of Christ. The body of Christ lives. We ask our friends, family, and Church community (the body of Christ) to pray for us. Some of the Body of Christ are alive, living their earthly lives--and some have passed on.

Mary probably gets the most notoriety of being an example of those who are living asking someone who has passed on to pray for them. It's quite usual for those asking Mary to join in prayer, have also asked a friend or family member to pray as well. Over and above that, are our own prayers to God. We pray as an individual, but we also pray as a community. It's community prayer that seems to confuse non-Catholics, especially the part that the Community of the Body of Christ includes those who have passed on. Catholics see those who have passed on as among the living. Apparently some non-Catholics do don't view the dead as still living in Christ? Even so, it should be easy enough for them to learn that asking Mary to pray on our behalf is no different from any Christian asking a friend to pray on their behalf. I'm sure when non-Catholics make such a request of a friend, no one accuses them of worshiping a that friend.

No, but the Pope is obeyed as if he was the ultimate earthly representative of and authority on God..

1. A brief review of Catholic Saints, or even Popes, gives people a nice sketch on how differently we Catholics believe and think on any number of matters. Yes, we do agree on major doctrines and dogmas, but other than that we are all over the map.

2. Parishes are run by Pastors and priests. Parishes are headed by a diocese which are headed by bishops. Pope Francis is the Bishop of Rome, not the Bishop of the diocese in which I reside. The Bishops serve the pastors and priests, and the Pope is known as the servant of the servants of God. It has been over sixty years since a Pope has spoken ex-cathedra, meaning that the entire Church will obey a new proclamation. The Pope is an example of Christ and his teachings, more than he is someone people leap to obey. He has more responsibilities than the average Bishop.

No, but the Pope is obeyed as if he was the ultimate earthly representative of and authority on God..

1. A brief review of Catholic Saints, or even Popes, gives people a nice sketch on how differently we Catholics believe and think on any number of matters. Yes, we do agree on major doctrines and dogmas, but other than that we are all over the map.

2. Parishes are run by Pastors and priests. Parishes are headed by a diocese which are headed by bishops. Pope Francis is the Bishop of Rome, not the Bishop of the diocese in which I reside. The Bishops serve the pastors and priests, and the Pope is known as the servant of the servants of God. It has been over sixty years since a Pope has spoken ex-cathedra, meaning that the entire Church will obey a new proclamation. The Pope is an example of Christ and his teachings, more than he is someone people leap to obey. He has more responsibilities than the average Bishop.

Ugh. So what if its been over sixty years since a Pope has spoken ex-cathedra. All that shows is that all of the following Popes just toed the line of every former Pope however evil and corrupt.

If the current ball less wonder was an example of Christ and his teachings he would not have set aside the commands of God to worship a lifeless matzo made by human hands as if it was a god that could give life to those who eat it... on international TV no less.

He most certainly would not be misleading others to do the same, which amounts to murder.

As the Pope he will be held accountable for his words and deeds and for all the innocent blood shed throughout history by the church that has led people to their destruction from its inception by the unholy union between Christianity and the Roman empire from which the papacy received its power and authority to commit every atrocity that is a matter of historical record for the past 1,689 years.

This is the teaching and example that Jesus left for believers to follow:

"He who sets aside even the least of the Laws demands, and teaches others to do the same, shall have the lowest place in the kingdom of God."

To understand what Jesus meant by saying they will have "the lowest place", see Genesis 3:14.

Last edited:

Ugh. So what if its been over sixty years since a Pope has spoken ex-cathedra. All that shows is that all of the following Popes just toed the line of every former Pope however evil and corrupt.

If the current ball less wonder was an example of Christ and his teachings he would not have set aside the commands of God to worship a lifeless matzo made by human hands as if it was a god that could give life to those who eat it... on international TV no less.

He most certainly would not be misleading others to do the same, which amounts to murder.

As the Pope he will be held accountable for his words and deeds and for all the innocent blood shed throughout history by the church that has led people to their destruction from its inception by the unholy union between Christianity and the Roman empire from which the papacy received its power and authority to commit every atrocity that is a matter of historical record for the past 1,689 years.

"He who sets aside even the least of the Laws demands, and teaches others to do the same, shall have the lowest place in the kingdom of God."

To understand what Jesus meant by saying they will have "the lowest place", see Genesis 3:14.

This is the teaching and example that Jesus left for believers to follow: "He who sets aside even the least of the Laws demands, and teaches others to do the same, shall have the lowest place in the kingdom of God."

He couldn't possibly be talking about you though, of course. No.

--- The one who dances around John 6 and boldly calls the body of Christ a matza ball. No.

--- The one who says when Jesus said "whose sins you hold bound they are held bound" Jesus wasn't speaking about confession, nor did he mean it for His disciples but for anybody who wanted to claim that authority for himself. No.

--- The one who thinks Peter was not made the head of the church, nor did Jesus formally establish One Church, a ruling body that was given "the keys of the kingdom." No.

--- The one thinks God in heaven would allow the devil to malign the Mother of His Son by making her nothing more than a target of ridicule and accuse any who honor her of being heretics or worse. No.

--- The one who doesn't dare speculate what happens to all who are not Christians (are they all in hell?) but assures everyone else how pure white he is going straight to heaven even if he committed all kinds of sins and hanky panky after he made that altar call. No.

--- the one who stands 10 feet tall telling us why he is so pure because of John 3:16 but then cannot explain why at the last judgement (Matthew 25:31-46) when Jesus separates the sheep from the goats, faith is not even mentioned as a reason --- only charity!

To sum: you and your arrogant protestant bunch who mock the Catholic faith play more games with Scripture (by running away from the tough verses) and more dangerous games with your souls than any sinning, repenting Catholic Church ever has.

Since before the Last Supper, disciples of Christ have taken seriously his words that he is present and able to provide us spiritual nourishment with his body and blood in the form of bread and wine. Catholics accept the mystery of this, that Christ is truly present, body, blood, soul, and divinity. Just as a mother physically nourishes her child with her living body without any decimation of self, Christ nourishes us without any decimation of his body. We honor, thank, and glorify Christ for the gift and nourishment he provides us. Christ spoke the words of everlasting life. Many will not walk away from him, no matter how hard the words.

Catholics don't "worship" Mary or the Pope.

Besides, the word "worship" can be subjectively twisted to mean many things, so from the perspective a radical Baptist, Catholics might be perceived as "worshipping" Mary through prayer, whereas the Catholics themselves would not consider it "worship". In truth, it is the perspective of the person who is doing the praying that truly determines whether or not the prayer is meant to be an act of "worship".

I pray to YHWH, Ishtar/ Ashtoreth, Lilith/ Ereshkigal, Iblis/ Lucifer, and Michael/ Mikaeel, but I only truly "worship YHWH. I acknowledge YHWH as the supreme God of Gods and the most powerful being in this Universe, and although I perform many acts of devotion to the other aforementioned Gods and Goddesses, YHWH is the only one that I consider myself to actually be worshipping.

Last edited:
A Rosary is to keep track of which prayer you are on.

Mary came back to teach mankind how to pray the Rosary.

To remove any doubt about who is prayed to, there is a large Crucifix on every one.

I am a former Catholic, but even so, twisting of Catholic practices still bothers me.

Mary taught how to pray to Jesus.

And that is that.

Regards from Rosie

Making the golden calf while the Moses was on the mountain, statues of gods and whatnot....POPES. Cuz the pope IS worshipped like a god, right? So..isn't that worshipping something other than God Himself?

Not trying to be rude..just wondering how this....fawning...over the Pope is "different". Same as those that fall over themselves with other preachers and reverends, etc. Same thing, isn't it? Worship of some guy that claims to speak for God.
Jesus told Peter that he would be the head of His Church on earth, and that Church would have the "keys of the kingdom." He also said "whatsoever you hold bound on earth shall be held bound in heaven."

Now if you have trouble with Jesus bestowing authority upon another, then take it up with Him.

As far as worshipping anyone but God goes, this where many militant anti-Catholics become demagogues and propaganda deceivers. Obviously it serves their own purposes so why would they let up?

PS -- I doubt we "love" our pope the way you are fawning over your horse.
I said I wasn't trying to be rude. I wondered, so I asked. Politely. Now, not so politely, you can suck my asshole, asshole.

Didn't help them did it, they kept worshipping other gods regardless all throughout the OT. Most RC's do not worship Mary nor the Pope. Some fundies worship their Pastors. The Pope is the spokesperson of the RCC and we have had good and bad ones, this one is one of the best.
I am not catholic...but yeah..this pope seems like a truly good and decent man. I like him.

Gracie, Some of the most wonderful people I know are Catholic. Some of the worst false doctrine I have come across is the Catholic doctrine. They don't worship beads or Mary, or the Pope, but they raise the level of esteem for these and other "saints" to a level that may fog their vision.
What we have is not the church that Peter preached. Christ didn't have Popes or Nuns, and they have fashioned their own Bible. Praying to Mary is as productive as praying to me. She is a creation, not the creator. We are to pray, expecting results.
The effectual, fervent prayer of the righteous man availeth much
. Effectual means you have faith that your prayer will produce results. God answers prayer. Christ told His disciples not to pray to Him, but to the Father, through the direct line Christ opened up for us.
So, to the Father, through Christ. You, Me, Moses, Paul, Mary are powerless to answer prayer. We can ask our Father to bless them for us though. We can ask God to hug Jesus for us, till we get there to do it ourselves. :)

I don't know of one church that doesn't have corrupt dogma. Knowing the Bible, and praying for discernment helps root out the church from the Lord. Instead of looking for their flaws, look at the person. We are known as His disciples by the love we show. You'll find a lot of that quietly going on behind the scene of a Catholic church.
Love to you.

For all that answered my question to the best of their ability without being fucktards....thank you.

Jesus told Peter that he would be the head of His Church on earth, and that Church would have the "keys of the kingdom." He also said "whatsoever you hold bound on earth shall be held bound in heaven."

Now if you have trouble with Jesus bestowing authority upon another, then take it up with Him.

As far as worshipping anyone but God goes, this where many militant anti-Catholics become demagogues and propaganda deceivers. Obviously it serves their own purposes so why would they let up?

PS -- I doubt we "love" our pope the way you are fawning over your horse.
I said I wasn't trying to be rude. I wondered, so I asked. Politely. Now, not so politely, you can suck my asshole, asshole.

Oh, my fault. I see now. You were clear to point out "I am not trying to be rude." And the reason you said that was so that would allow you to be out of character for just one moment, for just one post.

But any hint by another poster of the slightest scorn coming back your way and rude is all you know. It seems rather apparent you are not capable of handling any kind of adversity where your insinuations might be called unreasonable. So noted.

Next time you tell us we are fawning over the pope, I will let someone else try to explain it. And I will caution them to leave your horse out of it.

Last edited:

I am not catholic...but yeah..this pope seems like a truly good and decent man. I like him.

Base your decision on as much data as you can regarding this one.
There was a man who remarkably predicted the Popes from the one current during his life, to now. I say now because He declared this one to be the last one, and to be closely aligned with political figures. To have the coat of arms of the Flower of the Lily, to have Italian heritage, and to take St. Francis to be know by, whose real name was Peter. He is Peter the Roman. That much was prophesied about the last Pope, by Malachy.
This Pope is political. Has the Flower of the Lily on his coat of arms, Has Roman lineage, Took Francis as his moniker, Francis was know as Peter.

End time prophesy has a position in the world Gov. that is filled by a religious man. A false prophet.
Worth keeping an eye on......

There was a man who remarkably predicted the Popes from the one current during his life, to now. I say now because He declared this one to be the last one, and to be closely aligned with political figures. To have the coat of arms of the Flower of the Lily, to have Italian heritage, and to take St. Francis to be know by, whose real name was Peter. He is Peter the Roman. That much was prophesied about the last Pope, by Malachy.
This Pope is political. Has the Flower of the Lily on his coat of arms, Has Roman lineage, Took Francis as his moniker, Francis was know as Peter.

End time prophesy has a position in the world Gov. that is filled by a religious man. A false prophet.

The prophecy people attribute to St. Malachy was written over four hundred years after Malachy died by a monk by the name of Arnold Wion who hoped to swing a papal election back in the 1500s. Material on Popes up to the time of discovery is remarkably accurate. Predictions about Popes after the 1500s, not so much.

Yes know all about it being a RC but do you know you can make prophecy come true. Also if one digs deeper you will find a lot of this stuff is simply exaggerated and made up.

Forum List

Back