just a thought on gun control

I haven't this much thought, how very typical of me.

I read the thread about Carolyn McCarthy, all one post of it, and her day at the range with an AR-15 . It got me thinking about the Sig Sauer I rented a couple months back. What is the one think that made that gun so dangerous, besides my damn good aim that is? It was the ammunition. Presumably rounds could be made where they are non-lethal or at least a little less likely to kill. Ammunition would be controlled. With a valid hunting license which would require a safety class, hopefully a psych eval, one could buy a box of ammo a month, or what ever is reasonable, of the biggest damn shells known to man. That way hunters can kill, homeowners can shoot people, and a school would end up with a lot of seriously wounded children but not so many dead ones. That way one could shot just about any weapon with as big a magazine one wanted and what is or is not an 'assault weapon' is solved.
You're a little late on the concept.
Less Than Lethal Ammunition, Rubber Bullets, Non Lethal Ammunition, Non Lethal Rubber Bullets, Platic Bullets

I read the thread about Carolyn McCarthy, all one post of it, and her day at the range with an AR-15 . It got me thinking about the Sig Sauer I rented a couple months back. What is the one think that made that gun so dangerous, besides my damn good aim that is? It was the ammunition. Presumably rounds could be made where they are non-lethal or at least a little less likely to kill. Ammunition would be controlled. With a valid hunting license which would require a safety class, hopefully a psych eval, one could buy a box of ammo a month, or what ever is reasonable, of the biggest damn shells known to man. That way hunters can kill, homeowners can shoot people, and a school would end up with a lot of seriously wounded children but not so many dead ones. That way one could shot just about any weapon with as big a magazine one wanted and what is or is not an 'assault weapon' is solved.

You would be sued into the next century if that existed. No CCW instructor would advocate such stupidity. If you take out a gun, some one is getting shot. CCW and hunter safety are MANDATORY for anyone wanting to do either. "Safe" bullets are just stupid considering only the law abiding would consider using them, and thugs would just acquire the deadly stuff illegal.

The day I will defend myself non lethal rounds in a gun fight with a criminal is the day you can all call me a victim. Sorry, a gun should only be used when the intent is to exact lethal force on a criminal who is putting your life in danger, or you just might end up dead and the criminal might have a new gun (yours) to add to his collection.

Less Than Lethal Ammunition, Rubber Bullets, Non Lethal Ammunition, Non Lethal Rubber Bullets, Platic Bullets

Excellent. So put it into law. Case closed.

You all just need to shut the fuck up, the laws have been made, passed.
Just give up the guns ............
or
Menajahtwa

Last edited:
Who cares about a skull how about soft tissue damage?

You don't want a round to be able to kill a small child that means it can't hit very hard.

BTW a "non lethal" rubber bullet fire by a cop killed a girl in Boston not too long ago

Editorial |

So according to your parameters even rubber bullets could not be used

Pencils kill too but I still think they should be allowed in schools. You can jump all over how this is undoable and infringes on 2nd amendment rights and anything else you can think up, which is endless I am sure, that does not mean it is not a good idea. And is doable.

It's not a good idea.

All you have to do is get a hunting license and buy the real ammo or do what a lot of gun owners do and load your own.

I am not sure how this is in conflict with what I OPed. I don't see any problem here. Basically if you are caught buying, carrying, or selling to someone without a hunting license non-lethal rounds you break the law otherwise shoot down all the trees in the forest for all I care. As long as you can do it with legal allowance of ammo plus any you pack if you so chose.

Pencils kill too but I still think they should be allowed in schools. You can jump all over how this is undoable and infringes on 2nd amendment rights and anything else you can think up, which is endless I am sure, that does not mean it is not a good idea. And is doable.

It's not a good idea.

All you have to do is get a hunting license and buy the real ammo or do what a lot of gun owners do and load your own.

I am not sure how this is in conflict with what I OPed. I don't see any problem here. Basically if you are caught buying, carrying, or selling to someone without a hunting license non-lethal rounds you break the law otherwise shoot down all the trees in the forest for all I care. As long as you can do it with legal allowance of ammo plus any you pack if you so chose.

Legal allowance of ammo?

So now you want the fucking government to count how many rounds of ammo people buy?

Like I said it's a bad idea.

No

Sure. Right after you explain, in detail, EXACTLY how they will stop a 200lb guy on drugs. Note: it took a dozen .380 hardball rounds to the torso before the guy that attacked my uncle went down...and that only after the last one hit his throat & severed his carotid artery. This dude wasn't that big...but he was on PCP.

My uncle bought a S&W Model 29 in .44 Magnum the next day. His current carry gun is a Ruger Super Redhawk in .454 Casull.

Forum List

Back