🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Just another tick down on unemployment, ho hum

That is a bad jobs report? The only reason Unemployment is going down is the same since 2009........people give up looking. No longer counted. Ran out of any benefits 26 weeks? 99 weeks? whatever. off the books.

When the tax cuts get passed, watch out

Economy will scream, it's already doing better than it ever did under Ears

Over 1 million jobs have been added since Trump was elected. There were over 235,000 added in May! lol

Trump is doing everything right. I couldn't be happier with him. :)

I look at the jobs report under Donnie like I did under Obama, bush, Clinton, and The warner brother actor Reagan.....and laugh at them. Manipulated lies.....some of you consider 10 bucks an hour one should work hard at....for that the emp!oyer should be thankful someone even shows up.

people give up looking. No longer counted.
Well, if one isn't seeking a job, it stands to reason it's not a problem that one doesn't have a job because people who want/need a job, look for a job.

Yes, but after a length of time "they do not exist". They fall off the books. This subject has been beat to death. You have someone 55 years old, lost his job. He may be 57 years old now. Still searching the internet for work. BUT HE DOES NOT EXIST. He is on no list. He does not count. There are millions of these that have fallen off the books each month since 2009 crash. Where am I wrong on that?

POST SAVING EDIT: why did ADP report closer to ~250K private jobs added?

Last edited:
You know what I find odd is adp reported an additional 100,000 the last 2 months above the official report. They have been known to be a little different from the official in the past, but that is more than a little. Some states under reporting, maybe?
4.3% - lowest rates since 2001 - pre 9/11

I love it when a Republican President revs up the economy

New jobs were only up 138K

U.S. Adds 138,000 Jobs In May And Unemployment Rate Drops To 4.3%

Over 1 million jobs have been added since Trump was elected. There were over 235,000 added in May! lol

That's not what the op's link says.

You damn near always see a good jobs report for May and June because of seasonal hiring.

You damn near always see a good jobs report for May and June because of seasonal hiring.
Would you like to believe those #'s aren't accurate?

You know what I find odd is adp reported an additional 100,000 the last 2 months above the official report. They have been known to be a little different from the official in the past, but that is more than a little. Some states under reporting, maybe?
4.3% - lowest rates since 2001 - pre 9/11

I love it when a Republican President revs up the economy

New jobs were only up 138K

U.S. Adds 138,000 Jobs In May And Unemployment Rate Drops To 4.3%

You think there are states undereporting their jobs numbers to make Trump look bad? Is that it?

people give up looking. No longer counted.
Well, if one isn't seeking a job, it stands to reason it's not a problem that one doesn't have a job because people who want/need a job, look for a job.
Yes, but after a length of time "they do not exist". They fall off the books. This subject has been beat to death. You have someone 55 years old, lost his job. He may be 57 years old now. Still searching the internet for work. BUT HE DOES NOT EXIST. He is on no list. He does not count. There are millions of these that have fallen off the books each month since 2009 crash. Where am I wrong on that?

You have someone 55 years old, lost his job. He may be 57 years old now. Still searching the internet for work. BUT HE DOES NOT EXIST. He is on no list. He does not count.
That "he" doesn't count is on him. If he wants to be counted, he needs to do whatever the heck it is one does to be counted as unemployed, that is "seeking a job but not yet having found one." I can't say what action(s) that entails for I've never not had a job, never specifically reported anything to the BLS, yet I'm sure somehow the BLS manages to count me among the employed.

You are the second person today who's asked me a that were they to Google for an answer to it, they'd have the damn answer to their question. I don't know what it is with you two, others too perhaps, that you see something and then deign to accept or reject its verity without performing even the most cursory of critical analysis to find out whether doing so is warranted, to say nothing of doing that and tossing it my way in an effort to challenge my remarks..

If you aren't willing to accept the explanation of the economist in the article to which I linked, you can always perform your own detailed analysis by obtaining and reviewing the ADP and the BLS' methodologies for quantifying U.S. employment. Assuming you have the skills to do so thoroughly and accurately, you'll know exactly why ADP reported some 253K jobs and the BLS reported a different figure. Then you can share the methodology information you obtained and tell us the results of your analysis rather than asking me.

Unemployment rate:

Trump - 4.5% down to 4.3%. Great, incredible, economy 'revved up' according to conservatives
Obama - 10.2% down to 4.5% A disaster, ruined the economy, worst president ever.

This is what self-delusion looks like.

Would you like to believe those #'s aren't accurate?

I will say it slowly, the original poster said differently. Did you see his post?

Unemployment rate:

Trump - 4.5% down to 4.3%. Great, incredible, economy 'revved up' according to conservatives
Obama - 10.2% down to 4.5% A disaster, ruined the economy, worst president ever.

That damn Obama, couldn't he do better?

Unemployment rate:

You know that most of Obama's jobs were part time fast food type jobs for negroes. And the only reason he got any jobs is because the Republicans were in charge of the Congress and then Trump made companies feel more better so they started hiring more even before he took over.

Liar!
Employment Situation Summary
Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 138,000 in May...
The change in total nonfarm payroll employment for March was revised down from +79,000
to +50,000, and the change for April was revised down from +211,000 to +174,000. With
these revisions, employment gains in March and April combined were 66,000 less than
previously reported.

Forum List

Back