Just desserts for a Trump insurrectionist

That doesn't justify the violent insurrection. What a bizarre thing to say.

A rare and accidental.moment of honesty.

There was no insurrection.

We’re taking about violence and rioting mobs, in which, those who attacked the capitol that day did so thinking the election had been stolen, in which case, the response I made was accurate. They are trying to justify violence because they feel injustice occurred, well, then those on J6 would also be justified because they felt injustice had occurred.

Please read what I said and don’t try to put words in my mouth.

Then I am not interested in your delusions that follow from this delusion.

Moving on...

Ok, cya…

But if you care to, explain to me why, despite everyone on the left, including members of Congress, have been saying all this time that it was an insurrection, yet not a single person, including the J6 committee, nor the prosecutors who are working a case against Trump, have failed to include “insurrection” as one of their charges? As badly as you lefty’s hate him, yet none of you have charged him with the crime that you all claim he has committed.

Can you answer that at least?

Yes, they bought the lies of a poor loser. That in no way justifies anything.

They didn’t know anything other than what they had heard. Doesn’t matter if it was lies from Trump or not, they reacted to what they believed. Same as what those who reacted to the 2020 riots, so if you think the 2020 riots were justified then you also have to believe the J6 riot was justified.

They didn’t know anything other than what they had heard.

One should probably educate yourself before doing something that is going to get you arrested.

Doesn’t matter if it was lies from Trump or not, they reacted to what they believed. Same as what those who reacted to the 2020 riots, so if you think the 2020 riots were justified then you also have to believe the J6 riot was justified.

And yet I do not. People had decades of actual experience which is what led to the other protests.

"... explain to me why, despite everyone ...... have been saying all this time that it was an insurrection, yet not a single person, including the J6 committee, nor the prosecutors who are working a case against Trump, have failed to include “insurrection” as one of their charges?"
------------------------------------------------
Here's a perspective for the above:

We can all agree there is the colloquial reference to insurrection, common everyday speech....and then, their is statutory or criminal 'insurrection'.

So without any of the criminal attackers being charged with criminal insurrection the reference must be in the vernacular, rather than the statute version. Regardless, everybody knows what it means. True that?

Now, to add nuance to it all, 'insurrection' ain't as dire or threatening to America as is sedition, or even violent assault against federal officers. And we know that by the penalties earned for committing each.

1. For example, the crime of 'insurrection' earns one, " up to 10 years in federal prison."
  2. Whereas sedition earns one "imprisoned not more than twenty years...
  3. Assault ----" inflicts bodily injury shall be fined and imprisoned not over 20 years
So, I would conjecture that those jackasses convicted of sedition or violent assault against Capitol police would much --much-- have preferred it to be 'insurrection'.

Someone ask jackass Enrique Tario, or the jackass described in the OP, David Dempsey.

Colloquially speaking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"They didn’t know anything other than what they had heard. Doesn’t matter if it was lies from Trump or not, they reacted to what they believed."
--------------------------------------------
Ummm, not at all sure that is a great excuse for committing a crime, albeit I ain't a lawyer.

But, if we can extrapolate from poster ThisIsMe's above logic.......then, if I believe that that random bank over there should be robbed because, well, because I beleeeeeved it should be. I should be cool then?

That oughta be a tough jury call.
No?

One should probably educate yourself before doing something that is going to get you arrested.
Which, is an even better and more succinct response to ThisIs's post.

A hat-tip to poster pknopp. 👍

You can cry like a little bitch about it all day.

Doesn't change the facts that we all watched it on live television.
Yeah, we watched the BLM commies burn up 100 cities too. On live television.

Doesn't change the facts.

There was no insurrection on J6. No one tried to overthrow the government.

As distinct from Seattle, which WAS an actual insurrection, with the takeover of territory and the wholesale attempted murder of police.

Forum List

Back