Just going to say, I have a soft spot for teachers. Strike in WV, just give them their raise

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I don't particularly support unions, so I wish it was not in such an environment. However, due to the teaching profession being as it is, give them their raises. They want 5%, might get 4%, might get f all. Just give them their raise, find savings from other boondoggles.

Teachers are vital to a competitive nation. Especially the good ones. Thank you.

I don't particularly support unions, so I wish it was not in such an environment. However, due to the teaching profession being as it is, give them their raises. They want 5%, might get 4%, might get f all. Just give them their raise, find savings from other boondoggles.

Teachers are vital to a competitive nation. Especially the good ones. Thank you.

Dear shockedcanadian
Have teachers and police unions meet with their local city councils in a townhall forum. Work out a tax break and reduction plan where district residents agree to report criminal risks early to prevent arrests and sending people to prison. Calculate the dollars saved by sending people to counseling, schools and therapy instead of sending people to prison. And reinvest the taxes saved into paying more for teachers and police on the prevention side. And track the reduction in rates of crime and incarceration, report this to the state, and encourage all districts to adopt a rewards programs for citizens to redirect taxes and reduce crime to pay for education and health care by supporting jobs for teachers, police, doctors and nurses to meet the demands.

Forum List

Back