Just Got My New Rates for 2017...350% Increase! Are You Kidding?

In the case of my previous doctor he made the decision to drop people on ObamaCare because he was getting paid less for services for them then he was for those with private insurance plans. I couldn't "keep" my doctor because he wouldn't take my plan! Do you really not know that people all over the country are having a hard time finding doctors that accept ObamaCare patients?
do you have some kind of link with proof that the insurance companies on the Exchange pay less to doctors for specific procedures than they do with their insurance policies they offer off of the exchange?

You really ARE that clueless about what's going on with the ACA...aren't you, Care?

Most of the public is, including you, you're merely scratching an emotional itch.

"The Affordable Care Act increased insurers’ costs by forbidding denial of coverage to consumers with pre-existing conditions and by imposing taxes and fees to fund aspects of the new law. To make up for ACA costs and keep premiums low, Blue Shield asked its doctors and hospitals to accept payments from the insurer at rates reduced up to 30 percent.

Not surprisingly, some doctors and hospitals rejected Blue Shield’s reduced payment rates and decided not to re-sign contracts with the insurer. At least three major Los Angeles hospitals previously covered by Blue Shield — UCLA, Cedars Sinai and Good Samaritan — have opted out of the insurer’s new network, said Lindy Wagner, corporate communications manager of Blue Shield."

How Obamacare Leaves Some People Without Doctors | Huffington Post

Yes, our approach to health"care" in america leaves some out in the cold. On purpose, we want it that way. It was that way before this approach, it's that way now, it will be that way going forward, we made that bargain long ago, that's just who we are as a society.

In the case of my previous doctor he made the decision to drop people on ObamaCare because he was getting paid less for services for them then he was for those with private insurance plans. I couldn't "keep" my doctor because he wouldn't take my plan! Do you really not know that people all over the country are having a hard time finding doctors that accept ObamaCare patients?
do you have some kind of link with proof that the insurance companies on the Exchange pay less to doctors for specific procedures than they do with their insurance policies they offer off of the exchange?

You really ARE that clueless about what's going on with the ACA...aren't you, Care?

Most of the public is, including you, you're merely scratching an emotional itch.

A 350% increase in my premiums isn't an "emotional itch", you buffoon! You're even dumber than Care is...and that's saying something!

"The Affordable Care Act increased insurers’ costs by forbidding denial of coverage to consumers with pre-existing conditions and by imposing taxes and fees to fund aspects of the new law. To make up for ACA costs and keep premiums low, Blue Shield asked its doctors and hospitals to accept payments from the insurer at rates reduced up to 30 percent.

Not surprisingly, some doctors and hospitals rejected Blue Shield’s reduced payment rates and decided not to re-sign contracts with the insurer. At least three major Los Angeles hospitals previously covered by Blue Shield — UCLA, Cedars Sinai and Good Samaritan — have opted out of the insurer’s new network, said Lindy Wagner, corporate communications manager of Blue Shield."

Yes, our approach to health"care" in america leaves some out in the cold. On purpose, we want it that way. It was that way before this approach, it's that way now, it will be that way going forward, we made that bargain long ago, that's just who we are as a society.

So I'm "out in the cold"? That's your response to what I'm facing? Nice to know what you liberals REALLY think about Middle Class people like myself, Fenton!

A 350% increase in my premiums isn't an "emotional itch", you buffoon! You're even dumber than Care is...and that's saying something!

You're on Obamacare? Mine went up this year as well, 400%, and the deductable went up 300%, through the corporation I work for.

You're on Obamacare? Mine went up this year as well, 400%, and the deductable went up 300%, through the corporation I work for.

You might pass that information along to Ravi...who thinks I'm lying when I say my premiums are going up 350%!

So I'm "out in the cold"? That's your response to what I'm facing? Nice to know what you liberals REALLY think about Middle Class people like myself, Fenton!

Calm down with the partisanshit, the labelling because we don't see things the same way, and let's attempt a conversation shall we? We are all out in the cold, all of us. WE have THE most expensive health"care" system on the planet - both before and after Obamacare - and for far worse health outcomes that other advanced societies. We just refuse to look at those other systems with an eye toward incorporating what works other places here. So yeah, we will all continue to suffer so others can maximize their profit. We've married ourselves to that approach. I'm not defending Obamacare, I'm just saying we were all fucked even before that, and it was not the end all be all of our problem here with healthcare as a society.

You might pass that information along to Ravi...who thinks I'm lying when I say my premiums are going up 350%!

Ravi is not my responsibility, besides, he may be stuck in his own partisanshitheadedness; it's a personal journey out of that space into reality.

I said through the company I work for. THAT insurance.

Calm down with the partisanshit, the labelling because we don't see things the same way, and let's attempt a conversation shall we? We are all out in the cold, all of us. WE have THE most expensive health"care" systme on the planet - both before and after Obamacare - and for far worse health outcomes that other advanced societies. We just refuse to look at those other systems with an eye toward incorporating what worls other places here. So yeah, we will all continue to suffer so others can maximize their profit. We've married ourselves to that approach. I'm not defending Obamacare, I'm just saying we were all fucked even before that, and it was not the end all be all of our problem here with healthcare as a society.

Because of the ACA we now STILL have the most expensive healthcare system in the world but it's no longer as good as it was because you can't get access to a doctor because of the ACA! Say what you want to say, Fenton...I NEVER saw anything even close to a 350% increase in my healthcare premiums in one calendar year before the ACA came into being. Pointing that out isn't being "partisan"...it's being honest...something that Progressive leaders like Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama were NOT when they were selling us the Affordable Care Act!

Calm down with the partisanshit, the labelling because we don't see things the same way, and let's attempt a conversation shall we? We are all out in the cold, all of us. WE have THE most expensive health"care" systme on the planet - both before and after Obamacare - and for far worse health outcomes that other advanced societies. We just refuse to look at those other systems with an eye toward incorporating what worls other places here. So yeah, we will all continue to suffer so others can maximize their profit. We've married ourselves to that approach. I'm not defending Obamacare, I'm just saying we were all fucked even before that, and it was not the end all be all of our problem here with healthcare as a society.

Because of the ACA we now STILL have the most expensive healthcare system in the world but it's no longer as good as it was because you can't get access to a doctor because of the ACA! Say what you want to say, Fenton...I NEVER saw anything even close to a 350% increase in my healthcare premiums in one calendar year before the ACA came into being. Pointing that out isn't being "partisan"...it's being honest...something that Progressive leaders like Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama were NOT when they were selling us the Affordable Care Act!

That plan was hatched at the Heritage Foundation in response to Hilary's meddling about with healthcare as first lady. What did you think the Heritage Foundation would come up with, something for the little people? C'mon. What works other places has an "ism" attached to it here conceptually. My guess is you object to that as well. Your healthcare system is predatory, you can blame it on "progressives" if that makes you fell better, but it doesn't sound to me like it does make you feel better. And it still doesn't address an issue that's not going away, "neither" party gives a shyte about the workling class, we're all sharecroppers now.

Do you not understand THAT insurance's costs were affected by the provisions in the ACA?

Do you not understand THAT insurance's costs were affected by the provisions in the ACA?

I understand it has been this way all my working life, always goes up, every year, for over 4 decades, yes, I do.

I understand it has been this way all my working life, always goes up, every year, for over 4 decades, yes, I do.

So over those 4 decades, Fenton...has it ever gone up 350% in one year?

The letter from Florida Blue arrived yesterday and my insurance premiums will have a 350% increase starting this January. Affordable Care Act? Thanks Barry! Thanks Harry! Thanks Nancy! Thanks Democrats!

What the hell happened to my savings of $2,500 a year?
Be thankful. Without Obamacare your premiums could have seen a 400% or higher increase. Or worse, if you got sick you would be dropped like a hot potato.

Perhaps you should consider moving to Pence territory: Indiana. There the rates dropped in 2016 and that trend is on track to continue into 2017. PSST: Mike Pence has been eerily silent on this… Hmmmm!

Indiana had biggest drop in Obamacare rates in 2016
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2015/06/11/obamacare-premiums-drop-indiana/71077884/

But you blame a 350% increase on the Heritage Foundation and not the Affordable Care Act? You might want to rethink your premise...

The letter from Florida Blue arrived yesterday and my insurance premiums will have a 350% increase starting this January. Affordable Care Act? Thanks Barry! Thanks Harry! Thanks Nancy! Thanks Democrats!

What the hell happened to my savings of $2,500 a year?
Be thankful. Without Obamacare your premiums could have seen a 400% or higher increase. Or worse, if you got sick you would be dropped like a hot potato.

Perhaps you should consider moving to Pence territory: Indiana. There the rates dropped in 2016 and that trend is on track to continue into 2017. PSST: Mike Pence has been eerily silent on this… Hmmmm!

Indiana had biggest drop in Obamacare rates in 2016
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2015/06/11/obamacare-premiums-drop-indiana/71077884/
Liar.

Forum List

Back