Just Got My New Rates for 2017...350% Increase! Are You Kidding?

The letter from Florida Blue arrived yesterday and my insurance premiums will have a 350% increase starting this January. Affordable Care Act? Thanks Barry! Thanks Harry! Thanks Nancy! Thanks Democrats!

What the hell happened to my savings of $2,500 a year?
Be thankful. Without Obamacare your premiums could have seen a 400% or higher increase. Or worse, if you got sick you would be dropped like a hot potato.

Perhaps you should consider moving to Pence territory: Indiana. There the rates dropped there in 2016 and that trend is on track to continue into 2017. PSST: Mike Pence has been eerily silent on this… Hmmmm!

Indiana had biggest drop in Obamacare rates in 2016
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2015/06/11/obamacare-premiums-drop-indiana/71077884/

Why would my premiums have gone up 400% without the ACA? They never increased more than around 20% EVER...yet you claim they "could" have gone up 400%? Give me a reason why that would have taken place, JQ!

Has it ever increased 100% in one year?

Yes to 100 and 200, not sure about your alleged 350, and not sure what that has to do with anything other than you need to blame something other than the core issue of the underlying problem. And you can, that's fine, I've just decided it's the wrong tree to bark up, and that we'll be doing this forever until we come up with a toally different way to look at healthcare in america. That's all.

But look, employers have been sliding out of any responsibility for worker's healthcare plans for decades; they want this cost off their books. And they will continue to move in that direction. Watch.

The letter from Florida Blue arrived yesterday and my insurance premiums will have a 350% increase starting this January. Affordable Care Act? Thanks Barry! Thanks Harry! Thanks Nancy! Thanks Democrats!

Be thankful. Without Obamacare your premiums could have seen a 400% or higher increase. Or worse, if you got sick you would be dropped like a hot potato.

Perhaps you should consider moving to Pence territory: Indiana. There the rates dropped in 2016 and that trend is on track to continue into 2017. PSST: Mike Pence has been eerily silent on this… Hmmmm!

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2015/06/11/obamacare-premiums-drop-indiana/71077884/
Liar.

Go on .....

Yes to 100 and 200, not sure about your alleged 350, and not sure what that has to do with anything other than you need to blame something other than the core issue of the underlying problem. And you can, that's fine, I've just decided it's the wrong tree to bark up, and that we'll be doing this forever until we come up with a toally different way to look at healthcare in america. That's all.

But look, employers have been sliding out of any responsibility for worker's healthcare plans for decades; they want this cost off their books. And they will continue to move in that direction. Watch.

What year did you have 100 and 200% increases in your healthcare premiums? Since before the ACA there was competition between insurance companies and any company increasing premiums that steeply would have lost customers in a stampede for their competitors I'm assuming that those increases would have taken place across the healthcare insurance industry? I never saw an increase even close to 100% let alone 200% so I'm curious to know what insurance provider you had that raised yours so high?

What year did you have 100 and 200% increases in your healthcare premiums? Since before the ACA there was competition between insurance companies and any company increasing premiums that steeply would have lost customers in a stampede for their competitors I'm assuming that those increases would have taken place across the healthcare insurance industry? I never saw an increase even close to 100% let alone 200% so I'm curious to know what insurance provider you had that raised yours so high?

Competition? Really, you believe it was just all free market driven before ObamaCare? Amazing. You do know that the insurance industry and the pharma industry were in the room to maintain their interests in the tweaking of Obamacare right? And you think those interests were in holding your premiums down? You know the pharma industry gouges the american public to recapture what they "lose" in dealing with other nation's single payer systems which hold down the cost of pharmaceuticals, right? Look, you want to have a different discussion here. My position is we have long had a problem with our approach to healthcare in this society. ObamaCare neither made it apprecialby better or worse for soceity as a whole, I said for soceity as a whole.

We are going to have to deal with this at some point or health"care" will be for the substantial people alone.

Competition? Really, you believe it was just all free market driven before ObamaCare? Amazing. You do know that the insurance industry and the pharma industry were in the room to maintain their interests in the tweaking of Obamacare right? And you think those interests were in holding your premiums down? You know the pharma industry gouges the american public to recapture what they "lose" in dealing with other nation's single payer systems which hold down the cost of pharmaceuticals, right? Look, you want to have a different discussion here. My position is we have long had a problem with our approach to healthcare in this society. ObamaCare neither made it apprecialby better or worse for soceity as a whole, I said for soceity as a whole.

We are going to have to deal with this at some point or health"care" will be for the substantial people alone.
Obamacare is an epic failure. Nobody wants your bullshit spins, either post facts with links or move along.

"What if we applied this kind of analysis to health care? The results are quite interesting. In 1958, per capita health expenditures were $134. This may seem astonishingly small, but it actually includes everything, inclusive of care paid for by government or private health insurers. A worker earning the average wage in 1958 ($1.98) would have had to work 118 hours—nearly 15 days–to cover this expense. By 2012, per capita health spending had climbed to $8,953. At the average wage, a typical worker would have to work 467 hours—about 58 days.

In short, while time prices for other goods and services had shrunk to less than one quarter of their 1958 levels, time prices for health care had more than quadrupled!"

The Cost of Health Care: 1958 vs. 2012

Obamacare is an epic failure. Nobody wants your bullshit spins, either post facts with links or move along.

Not really concerned with your approval hon.

"What if we applied this kind of analysis to health care? The results are quite interesting. In 1958, per capita health expenditures were $134. This may seem astonishingly small, but it actually includes everything, inclusive of care paid for by government or private health insurers. A worker earning the average wage in 1958 ($1.98) would have had to work 118 hours—nearly 15 days–to cover this expense. By 2012, per capita health spending had climbed to $8,953. At the average wage, a typical worker would have to work 467 hours—about 58 days.

In short, while time prices for other goods and services had shrunk to less than one quarter of their 1958 levels, time prices for health care had more than quadrupled!"

And at 350% increases per year now with Obamacare what's the cost going to be in 2050, dufus?

Costs have risen because of crazy lawsuits, which Obamacare ignored because Democrats are all lawyers protecting their goldmine.

And at 350% increases per year now with Obamacare what's the cost going to be in 2050, dufus?

Costs have risen because of crazy lawsuits, which Obamacare ignored because Democrats are all lawyers protecting their goldmine.

It will keep going up like it always has until we really deal with it, yes. It is a for profit system after all, that's the goal. You see partisanshit in everything, but "neither" side is dealing with it.

It will keep going up like it always has until we really deal with it, yes. It is a for profit system after all, that's the goal. You see partisanshit in everything, but "neither" side is dealing with it.
"Always has" was 5-10%, not 350%.
Obamacare has imploded. Millions are losing their insurance now as a result because they simply must chose between food on the table or insurance.

Obamacare has imploded. Millions are losing their insurance now as a result because they simply must chose between food on the table or insurance.

It has always been that way for many, and yes, like I said, the issue has not been dealt with.

Perhaps you should consider moving to Pence territory: Indiana. There the rates dropped in 2016 and that trend is on track to continue into 2017. PSST: Mike Pence has been eerily silent on this… Hmmmm!

Liar.

No… I lived during that pre-Obamacare era….You are just a damn fool.

Perhaps you should consider moving to Pence territory: Indiana. There the rates dropped there in 2016 and that trend is on track to continue into 2017. PSST: Mike Pence has been eerily silent on this… Hmmmm!

Why would my premiums have gone up 400% without the ACA? They never increased more than around 20% EVER...yet you claim they "could" have gone up 400%? Give me a reason why that would have taken place, JQ!

Actually I was just being sarcastic in response to the ridiculous op's assertion that his premiums will go up 350%. BS

Why can't you black out identifying information and post the letter?

You are claiming an arbitrary rise of 350 % and that would mean if you were paying 400 your new rate is 1400.

I'd like to see a Medicare for all program, full disclosure.

Pony up or look like a liar.

Liar.

No… I lived during that pre-Obamacare era….You are just a damn fool.
Love this website. Dufus who justifies a 350% increase as being OK calls me a fool.

This is typical left-wingism. Look at a complete train wreck, and say "well yes, but if not for us, it would have been worse".

Reminds me of the stimulus package. Obama's own economic advisors said that without the stimulus plan, unemployment would hit 8% and take a long time to recover. With the plan it would only hit 6% and take two years to recover. Instead it hit 10% and has taken eight years, from 2008 when it was 5%, to get back to 5% where it got to this year.

And whenever you talk to a leftwinger "yeah but it would have been worse"... no your BS didn't work, just like ObamaCrap didn't work.

Oh, so now you're not a liberal? You spineless scum are running for the hills on this already! Blame it on the Heritage Foundation and American society? This was Democratic legislation pushed by the far left progressive wing against the wishes of the American people and passed before the members of Congress that were elected to stop it could take office. You OWN this, Fenton you and every other liberal shill who drank the Kool Aid and told us all how wonderful this was all going to be!

You really should look into that, Heritage Foundation, as a response to HilaryCare when she was attempting to meddle in healthcare as first lady.

I just told you it didn't address the issue, if you need someone to hiss at, go ahead, but nothing will ever get resolved as long as all you're focused on is revenge against roughly half of your fellow citizens. That's exactly how the power structure wants the masses; incoherent and feuding amongst themselves.

Being livid about a 350% increase in my premiums when Barack Obama promised a reduction is me being "focused on...revenge"? I don't want revenge! I want the rate reduction that your scumbag leaders promised.

They were your words pard:

Oh, so now you're not a liberal? You spineless scum are running for the hills on this already! Blame it on the Heritage Foundation and American society? This was Democratic legislation pushed by the far left progressive wing against the wishes of the American people and passed before the members of Congress that were elected to stop it could take office. You OWN this .... blahbitty blah blah.

Yeah, sounds like you blame "the left", whoever you think that is.

honestly, I don't blame my fellow Americans who voted for Obama, what the democrats and others did to sneak this bill through lies entirely at their feet. If there is any other blame it should be at the feet of the media who consistently covers for the power structure. Your right, they want half of us to be fighting the other half for revenge, I can see how they constantly do the same thing by manipulating racial tensions. Now they are just working it from the other side.

It always was the case.

Why can't you black out identifying information and post the letter?

You are claiming an arbitrary rise of 350 % and that would mean if you were paying 400 your new rate is 1400.

I'd like to see a Medicare for all program, full disclosure.

Pony up or look like a liar.

It's amazing how many times a left winger will come on here, make grand statements, and expect us to take it at face value. The moment a right-winger says something happen to them, you demand documented proof, and refuse to believe it otherwise.

It's like all the insurance companies terminating coverage. We say that. It's in the papers. It's well known. Yet when I say "My insurance company canceled my policy. Thanks ObamaCare" you don't believe it until I post a picture.

Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 2.05.36 AM.png

Came in my mail box. Is that proof enough for you?

The number of insurance policies available in Ohio, is now down to 2 companies. And the number of policy options is now down to 8. When I first applied for private coverage back in 2006, there were 3 pages of policies to choose from, from a dozen companies.

But thanks to ObamaCare, they removed from me all those choices. Apparently the public isn't smart enough to make their own choices. So left-wing elites, and their arrogant self-important followers, decided to make my choices for me.

Thanks Left-wingers. We all love you dictating our lives. Idiots.

Forum List

Back