Just Got My New Rates for 2017...350% Increase! Are You Kidding?

Since before the ACA there was competition between insurance companies and any company increasing premiums that steeply would have lost customers in a stampede for their competitors
You talk nonsense. The ACA didn't merge corporations. There is still the same competition there was before, and all of the insurers are on the same playing field.

How has the ACA stifled competition?

The letter from Florida Blue arrived yesterday and my insurance premiums will have a 350% increase starting this January. Affordable Care Act? Thanks Barry! Thanks Harry! Thanks Nancy! Thanks Democrats!

What the hell happened to my savings of $2,500 a year?
Be thankful. Without Obamacare your premiums could have seen a 400% or higher increase. Or worse, if you got sick you would be dropped like a hot potato.

Perhaps you should consider moving to Pence territory: Indiana. There the rates dropped there in 2016 and that trend is on track to continue into 2017. PSST: Mike Pence has been eerily silent on this… Hmmmm!

Indiana had biggest drop in Obamacare rates in 2016
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2015/06/11/obamacare-premiums-drop-indiana/71077884/

Why would my premiums have gone up 400% without the ACA? They never increased more than around 20% EVER...yet you claim they "could" have gone up 400%? Give me a reason why that would have taken place, JQ!
Why can't you black out identifying information and post the letter?

You are claiming an arbitrary rise of 350 % and that would mean if you were paying 400 your new rate is 1400.

I'd like to see a Medicare for all program, full disclosure.

Pony up or look like a liar.

It's amazing how many times a left winger will come on here, make grand statements, and expect us to take it at face value. The moment a right-winger says something happen to them, you demand documented proof, and refuse to believe it otherwise.

It's like all the insurance companies terminating coverage. We say that. It's in the papers. It's well known. Yet when I say "My insurance company canceled my policy. Thanks ObamaCare" you don't believe it until I post a picture.

View attachment 96190
Came in my mail box. Is that proof enough for you?

The number of insurance policies available in Ohio, is now down to 2 companies. And the number of policy options is now down to 8. When I first applied for private coverage back in 2006, there were 3 pages of policies to choose from, from a dozen companies.

But thanks to ObamaCare, they removed from me all those choices. Apparently the public isn't smart enough to make their own choices. So left-wing elites, and their arrogant self-important followers, decided to make my choices for me.

Thanks Left-wingers. We all love you dictating our lives. Idiots.
Yes - if you're looking for financial help you have to use the exchange and pick one of those policies.

Why are you looking for financial help?

I've said it again, and I guess I'll just keep repeating myself.

In 2006, I got an insurance policy for just $67 a month.

Today, the cheapest insurance is $250.

ObamaCare did this. If you voted for Obama, then you got what you asked for.

Everyone who voted for the Affordable Care Act should be tarred and feathered and run out of Washington DC on a rail. They have screwed us so badly with this legislation!

And those who hatched the plan at the Heritage Foundation?
They didn't implement their idea in legislation, democrats did. Sorry, but you're going to have to put blame for the stool sample where it really belongs.
They could have. Democrats asked them to co-write the bill and introduce their own amendments. They refused to do anything because they thought they could just defeat the whole thing.

Another disastrous Republican calculation.

Like we said Obama care is no health care, just screws the middle class...trickle up misery.

Americans Skipping Healthcare To Save Money

Americans Skipping Healthcare To Save Money

Some Americans are skipping the doctor to save pennies. A new survey says that one-third of Americans believe the high costs of medicare is forcing them to avoid treatment. The numbers are the same for people with or without health insurance. A quarter of Americans surveyed said they are struggling to pay for the care they need. Seventy-nine percent say medicare is the top issue in this year's presidential election.

The letter from Florida Blue arrived yesterday and my insurance premiums will have a 350% increase starting this January. Affordable Care Act? Thanks Barry! Thanks Harry! Thanks Nancy! Thanks Democrats!

Vote for the whore! She'll fix it!

Everyone who voted for the Affordable Care Act should be tarred and feathered and run out of Washington DC on a rail. They have screwed us so badly with this legislation!

They didn't implement their idea in legislation, democrats did. Sorry, but you're going to have to put blame for the stool sample where it really belongs.
They could have. Democrats asked them to co-write the bill and introduce their own amendments. They refused to do anything because they thought they could just defeat the whole thing.

Yup the democrats wanted to fuck over the middle class no matter what.

Typical state corporatist tactic. Screw it all up cockblocking and then say "see, govt doesn't work, let the oligarchs in and we'll privatize the whole thing so the unsubstantial people have NO chance at a vote or say.

No one has any intention of fixing anything, you'd do well to figure that out.

You would do well in another area.

Yup the democrats wanted to fuck over the middle class no matter what.

Congrats on figuring out half of the problem, your entire power structure is based upon fucking over the middle class no matter what

You would do well in another area.

You're not.

FYI

Actually, the Republicans WERE heavily involved in the bill....the Repubs got 150 Amendments to the bill passed before the final vote!

Be thankful. Without Obamacare your premiums could have seen a 400% or higher increase. Or worse, if you got sick you would be dropped like a hot potato.

Perhaps you should consider moving to Pence territory: Indiana. There the rates dropped in 2016 and that trend is on track to continue into 2017. PSST: Mike Pence has been eerily silent on this… Hmmmm!

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2015/06/11/obamacare-premiums-drop-indiana/71077884/

This is typical left-wingism. Look at a complete train wreck, and say "well yes, but if not for us, it would have been worse".

Reminds me of the stimulus package. Obama's own economic advisors said that without the stimulus plan, unemployment would hit 8% and take a long time to recover. With the plan it would only hit 6% and take two years to recover. Instead it hit 10% and has taken eight years, from 2008 when it was 5%, to get back to 5% where it got to this year.

And whenever you talk to a leftwinger "yeah but it would have been worse"... no your BS didn't work, just like ObamaCrap didn't work.
The only "train wreck" on my horizon is that involving the Trump train. Before the PPACA was signed and enacted into law 50 million Americans were without insurance,primarily because it was too damn expensive. But even if you managed to scrape enough change together to buy health Insurance, you lived in fear of being dropped if you got sick. What kind of life was THAT? Further, pre-existing conditions, as defined by the insurer, could prevent you from having access to ANY insurance..unless you were willing to pay extremely high premiums. Does 400% over the norm sound so ridiculous now?

So you want to regress back into that nightmarish gray world where Health insurance was just another scam to transfer wealth from the masses without serving their needs in the darkest hours: when they got sick. I , for one, say: forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take but give me Hillary or give me death. Trump is death…

Perhaps you should consider moving to Pence territory: Indiana. There the rates dropped there in 2016 and that trend is on track to continue into 2017. PSST: Mike Pence has been eerily silent on this… Hmmmm!

Why would my premiums have gone up 400% without the ACA? They never increased more than around 20% EVER...yet you claim they "could" have gone up 400%? Give me a reason why that would have taken place, JQ!
See post #214

You really ARE that clueless about what's going on with the ACA...aren't you, Care?

Most of the public is, including you, you're merely scratching an emotional itch.

A 350% increase in my premiums isn't an "emotional itch", you buffoon! You're even dumber than Care is...and that's saying something!

You're on Obamacare? Mine went up this year as well, 400%, and the deductable went up 300%, through the corporation I work for.

You might pass that information along to Ravi...who thinks I'm lying when I say my premiums are going up 350%!
If yours is going up 350% with an Obamacare policy, and Fenton's is going up 400% with a non-Obamacare policy, what does that tell you?

Think about it before posting.
What it tells me is that he's a low wage earner looking to be subsidized by taxpayers :thup:

It always was the case.

No, it wasn't. Only in your mythology you used to justify screwing us all over, has it "always been the case".

Oh, right, so millions of people didn't have to choose between healthcare and putting food on the table before? then explain why so many people didn't have healthcare before Obamacare then?

Huh? Really? After all this time, you never heard the facts?

First of, according to the US census, 40% of those without insurance, were making over $50,000 a year. If you make over $50,000 a year and don't have insurance, it's because you bought a house, car, beer, and speed boat, instead of getting insurance.

Further, 20% of those, were living in households making $75K or more. No excuses.

Only 30% made less than $25,000 a year.

Moreover, about 10% are illegals, which you claim can't get ObamaCare. So why are you complaining they don't have insurance?

Lastly, because they choose to not get insurance. There's a video on YouTube where a reporter asked this girl in California, why she didn't have insurance. She was single, no kids, and had a middle class income. "Well it's too expensive". So they punched in her information, and found she could qualify for a basic health insurance plan and pay just $90 a month. She said straight up "well I think it's ridiculous that I have to pay for health care".

Even more ironic, later in the interview she openly admitted that she easily spent $800 a month on eating out.

I myself went years without health insurance. It was a choice. I could afford it... but choose not to have it. Similarly I know other people who bought health insurance, and then canceled it. They said very openly... why have it? I don't need it. So why pay for it?

Extremely few people simply can't afford health insurance.

And as a final note, even of those, the US Census found that 30% of the uninsured qualified for government insurance, and simply choose to not enroll in Medicaid or S-CHIP, or other programs.

That's why people don't have insurance. It's a choice.

Facts huh?

http://www.census.gov/prod/2008pubs/p60-235.pdf

Here are some facts.

In 2007 (looking at pg 22) 45 million people were uninsured which appears to be 15% of the population.

8 million of these were under 18 years old. 33 million of these were native born with 9.7 million not being naturalized citizens. This doesn't mean they're illegal, it means they're not citizens, some of these could potentially be foreigner workers in the US with legal status.

The South is the area with the highest amount, at 18% of the population.

13 million of these people earned less than $25,000
14.5 million between $25,000 and $50,000.
25.4% of those are people who didn't work. Remember that this was 2007 before the crash.

Only 7.8%, not 20% as you stated, live in households earning more than $75,000 a year.

Some people might have chosen not to get health insurance. That's not really the point. In the UK you don't have this choice, you pay if you work, and it gets taken out of your wages.

Then when the shit hits the fan, they're covered regardless.

But you're using lots of numbers to say this isn't many people. I disagree.

$13.5 million people didn't have health insurance and probably couldn't afford it. That's a lot of people in my view. But you think those $13.5 million people should just be ignored because.... why exactly?
How many millions will drop their HC next year because they can't afford the 350% increase?

Is everyone going to get a 350% increase? We have one person claiming they have such a rise.

But then again this is more reason to get rid of insurance companies altogether and go for a Nationalized health service.

Mine went up 1000 a year. I do not purchase on the exchange.

It will keep going up like it always has until we really deal with it, yes. It is a for profit system after all, that's the goal. You see partisanshit in everything, but "neither" side is dealing with it.
"Always has" was 5-10%, not 350%.
Obamacare has imploded. Millions are losing their insurance now as a result because they simply must chose between food on the table or insurance.

It always was the case.

No, it wasn't. Only in your mythology you used to justify screwing us all over, has it "always been the case".

Oh, right, so millions of people didn't have to choose between healthcare and putting food on the table before? then explain why so many people didn't have healthcare before Obamacare then?
Why is Obama not suprised by the 350% rate hike and proposing fixes?

Why isn't Obama surprised the moon is made of cheese?

Most of the public is, including you, you're merely scratching an emotional itch.

A 350% increase in my premiums isn't an "emotional itch", you buffoon! You're even dumber than Care is...and that's saying something!

You're on Obamacare? Mine went up this year as well, 400%, and the deductable went up 300%, through the corporation I work for.

You might pass that information along to Ravi...who thinks I'm lying when I say my premiums are going up 350%!
If yours is going up 350% with an Obamacare policy, and Fenton's is going up 400% with a non-Obamacare policy, what does that tell you?

Think about it before posting.
What it tells me is that he's a low wage earner looking to be subsidized by taxpayers :thup:
nahhh, If he receives subsidy, the subsidy will go up to cover the higher costs is what I had read.... those in need and on the exchange don't get hurt

Forum List

Back