Just paid $240.00 to fill my tank (3/4 of it that is) and 4 bags of groceries. Who are you voting for?

I know very little about economics. Did notice that the stock market was up 700 points yesterday.

And down 300, then up 400, then down 800, then down 100, then.....etc etc etc.

Meanwhile of course, fresh off of giving away 2 trillion to "stimulate" the economy (handouts to free loaders) Biden is going to give trillions more out to free loading students! Thank you so much SCOTUS for, at least for now, for screwing over the people who pay for everything!
No member of Congress or anybody in the federal government has to worry about having enough money to buy groceries or fuel or pay their rent/mortgage.

And so far the current Congress and Presidential E.O.s have done NOTHING for the average American who does have to worry about having enough money for groceries, fuel, rent/mortgage. If President Trump was in the White House, even with an extreme left 'woke' and irresponsible Congress, I am pretty darn sure we would have anywhere near the mess we are currently in. Supply snafus would have been fixed. There wouldn't be anywhere near the inflation and we wouldn't be putting the country at risk by drawing down the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to artificially lower gasoline prices ahead of an election.

But well to do students in or graduated from Ivy League colleges can look forward to having some or all of their student loans forgiven, billions will be poured into green agendas that will likely make things worse for most Americans, and Equador will get its drag queen shows at our expense.

Fuel prices and inflation are worldwide.

That lie has been debunked.

Countries with the Lowest Inflation​

South Sudan (not to be confused with Sudan) had massive deflation with prices actually falling by -8.52% over the year. Bolivia had less than 1% annual inflation and the Maldives and Macau had just over 1% inflation. But beware, many of the low inflation countries on this list haven’t reported since last December (or earlier) so their actual inflation rate could be much higher by now.

COUNTRYLASTREFERENCE
South Sudan-8.52December 2021
Bolivia0.87April 2022
Vanuatu0.9September 2021
Maldives1.05March 2022
Macau1.07March 2022
New Caledonia1.2December 2021
Liechtenstein1.5December 2021
Afghanistan1.56June 2021
Hong Kong1.7March 2022
Benin2April 2022
China2.1April 2022
Brunei2.2December 2021
Malaysia2.2March 2022
Seychelles2.2April 2022
Saudi Arabia2.3April 2022
Cameroon2.37September 2021
Bermuda2.5February 2022
Japan2.5April 2022
Switzerland2.5April 2022
United Arab Emirates2.5December 2021
Eritrea2.6December 2021
Vietnam2.64April 2022
Oman2.67April 2022
Central African Republic2.7December 2021
Ecuador2.89April 2022
Equatorial Guinea2.9December 2021
Gabon2.9March 2022
Swaziland3.3February 2022
Taiwan3.38April 2022
Indonesia3.47April 2022

No member of Congress or anybody in the federal government has to worry about having enough money to buy groceries or fuel or pay their rent/mortgage.

And so far the current Congress and Presidential E.O.s have done NOTHING for the average American who does have to worry about having enough money for groceries, fuel, rent/mortgage. If President Trump was in the White House, even with an extreme left 'woke' and irresponsible Congress, I am pretty darn sure we would have anywhere near the mess we are currently in. Supply snafus would have been fixed. There wouldn't be anywhere near the inflation and we wouldn't be putting the country at risk by drawing down the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to artificially lower gasoline prices ahead of an election.

But well to do students in or graduated from Ivy League colleges can look forward to having some or all of their student loans forgiven, billions will be poured into green agendas that will likely make things worse for most Americans, and Equador will get its drag queen shows at our expense.

Tom Brady had enough to get through the pandemic yet he got nearly a million dollars.

Just paid $240.00 to fill my tank (3/4 of it that is) and 4 bags of groceries. Who are you voting for?
Priorities for deciding whom to vote for ( listed in order of importance ):

1. Loyalty to the People and their Republic and its Constitution and the Rule of Law, before party or personality
2. Commitment to the sacred American tradition of a Peaceful Transfer of Power rather than trying to remain in power at all costs
3. Commitment to a strong National Defense posture
4. Vision and ability to resurrect and strengthen and grow the American economy
5. Commitment to a multi-faceted approach to energy development and consumption, including both fossil fuels and renewables
6. Vision and ability to resurrect and grow manufacturing on-shore - most particularly with respect to electronics and similar strategic needs
7. Commitment to a secure border and the repelling and ejection of illegal aliens upon United States soil
8. Vision and ability to identify and minimize and smooth-over political and racial and economic divisions insofar as realistic and practicable
9. Disavowing of politicians and personalities who deal in populist conspiracy theories and wild and unsubstantiated claims of political wrongdoing

None of the partisan hacks presently at the forefront possess all of these qualities so I'll end up settling for the ones who score the best of a bad lot.

I am voting a straight Democrat ticket in November. Here is why:
1) The Student Loan Forgiveness Act helps my granddaughter with her student loans.
2) Biden is helping retirees like me, get a great increase in their Social Security checks as of January 2023.
I drive a car that's good on gas. I eat healthy, simple foods, so my grocery bill is reasonable. It's more than it used to be, but I do OK.
I think the Democrats have a good chance to take the House AND the Senate in November 2022. :)

:laughing0301:

I am voting a straight Democrat ticket in November. Here is why:
1) The Student Loan Forgiveness Act helps my granddaughter with her student loans.
2) Biden is helping retirees like me, get a great increase in their Social Security checks as of January 2023.
I drive a car that's good on gas. I eat healthy, simple foods, so my grocery bill is reasonable. It's more than it used to be, but I do OK.
I think the Democrats have a good chance to take the House AND the Senate in November 2022. :)
Your granddaughter may or may not get her loan forgiven--a lot of loans have been withdrawn from the 'promise' and the rest are tied up in court--but I hate that she is being encouraged to not have to be honorable or responsible.

The ONLY reason we are getting a substantial social security increase is because of Biden's absolutely insane policies and initiatives that have great exacerbated runaway inflation and made everything more difficult for EVERYBODY most especially seniors to buy. And a great deal of that was entirely preventable.

I'll be voting straight GOP ticket this year.

Your granddaughter may or may not get her loan forgiven--a lot of loans have been withdrawn from the 'promise' and the rest are tied up in court--but I hate that she is being encouraged to not have to be honorable or responsible.

The ONLY reason we are getting a substantial social security increase is because of Biden's absolutely insane policies and initiatives that have great exacerbated runaway inflation and made everything more difficult for EVERYBODY most especially seniors to buy. And a great deal of that was entirely preventable.

I'll be voting straight GOP ticket this year.
My granddaughter is very honorable and responsible. She grew up poor, worked all the way thru college. I'm happy to see her and lots of other young people get a little help.
Whatever the reason for the Social Security increase, I'm glad to receive it. I hear Republicans would like to cancel Social Security benefits if they could.

I didn't expect the feds to flood the economy with green backs, causing record high inflation. They were warned by top economist and did it anyway. The would make the current inflation intentional.

What would you have done differently?

What would you have done differently?

In 2008 we should have simply allowed the bubble to remain popped and allowed things to naturally work themselves out. Instead we decided to pump and pump and pump and provide free money like crazy and here we are.

That lie has been debunked.

Countries with the Lowest Inflation​

South Sudan (not to be confused with Sudan) had massive deflation with prices actually falling by -8.52% over the year. Bolivia had less than 1% annual inflation and the Maldives and Macau had just over 1% inflation. But beware, many of the low inflation countries on this list haven’t reported since last December (or earlier) so their actual inflation rate could be much higher by now.

COUNTRYLASTREFERENCE
South Sudan-8.52December 2021
Bolivia0.87April 2022
Vanuatu0.9September 2021
Maldives1.05March 2022
Macau1.07March 2022
New Caledonia1.2December 2021
Liechtenstein1.5December 2021
Afghanistan1.56June 2021
Hong Kong1.7March 2022
Benin2April 2022
China2.1April 2022
Brunei2.2December 2021
Malaysia2.2March 2022
Seychelles2.2April 2022
Saudi Arabia2.3April 2022
Cameroon2.37September 2021
Bermuda2.5February 2022
Japan2.5April 2022
Switzerland2.5April 2022
United Arab Emirates2.5December 2021
Eritrea2.6December 2021
Vietnam2.64April 2022
Oman2.67April 2022
Central African Republic2.7December 2021
Ecuador2.89April 2022
Equatorial Guinea2.9December 2021
Gabon2.9March 2022
Swaziland3.3February 2022
Taiwan3.38April 2022
Indonesia3.47April 2022

LOL The South Pacific mainly.
Undeveloped rain forest you @sshole.
They grow their on guava. :^)

Canada, our Drowning in Oil Northern Neighbor, has 7.6% Inflation.
UK 10.1%
etc through the MOST of the First World.
`

My granddaughter is very honorable and responsible. She grew up poor, worked all the way thru college. I'm happy to see her and lots of other young people get a little help.
Whatever the reason for the Social Security increase, I'm glad to receive it. I hear Republicans would like to cancel Social Security benefits if they could.
No Republican at any time in my lifetime has wanted to cancel Social Security and Republican policies generally have benefitted all demographics, especially those uner Trump.

I don't begrudge anybody a little help, but I was also raised poor but I never EVER looked to anybody else to pay or forgive my debts. I think that a far healthier attitude than a sense of entitlement that if we don't do what we have to do to provide for ourselves, the government will make others do it for us.

Biden policies pretend to help students but it doesn't help all that much and creates larger problems not the least of which is exacerbating runaway inflation that makes it far more difficult for everybody but the rich to provide for themselves.

Yeah, that lie about social security is spread every election cycle. And you granddaughter signed a contract, honorable would be abiding to the terms of that contract.

In 2008 we should have simply allowed the bubble to remain popped and allowed things to naturally work themselves out. Instead we decided to pump and pump and pump and provide free money like crazy and here we are.
Even if "things were allowed to work themselves out" in 2008, how would that have helped us in 2020 when COVID19 hit? I think the economy was still going to take a hit with the pandemic.

Even if "things were allowed to work themselves out" in 2008, how would that have helped us in 2020 when COVID19 hit? I think the economy was still going to take a hit with the pandemic.

It would have. That's capitalism right?

Forum List

Back