Justice for New Haven Firefighters

I don't have time to read the whole thing, but has anyone posted evidence that the test was racially slanted against the blacks?
In a wonderful orwellian twist the proof the test is baised against blacks appears to be blacks failed it.

Thus we learn that anything blacks fail at is indeed racist.

At least according to Ms Sodamayor, the USSC saw it differently, at least some of them did.
In reality she ruled based on binding precedent...only SCOTUS had the authority to rule differently.

But don't let a good slur slow you down.

btw, KK, as far as I can tell none of the black candidates ever raised the issue of racism as you've claimed on this thread. The city feared they might but saying they did is incorrect.

Between January and March of 2004, the city's Civil Service Commission — a group of mayoral appointees — held five hearings on whether or not to certify the tests. Tensions were high at the meetings. Dozens of people attended.

At one point, Rev. Boise Kimber — who heads First Calvary Baptist church, is a fire commissioner and an important vote getter for the mayor in the city's African American neighborhoods — suggested that since the civil service commission was composed of all whites and one Hispanic, the board wasn't qualified to make a decision on whether or not the test was racist.

At another point, Kimber said there would be political consequences if the whites were promoted. White firefighters threatened to sue if the city didn't certify the tests. Black firefighters threatened to sue if the city did
Hartford Advocate: News - Trial By Fire
Okay, my bad.

I don't have time to read the whole thing, but has anyone posted evidence that the test was racially slanted against the blacks?
In a wonderful orwellian twist the proof the test is baised against blacks appears to be blacks failed it.

At least according to Ms Sodamayor, the USSC saw it differently, at least some of them did.

Learn the difference between evidence and proof.

Non Sequitur.

Appeal to authority is irrelevant. The capability or lack thereof to pass a generic test is what's relevant.

Your argument is full of shit. Perhaps divecon is appealing to common sense and logic and I have nothing to do with it?
Perhaps you're so emotional that you can't resist misinterpreting something I've posted to Mani.

Are you this hair-trigger in real life?

Stick to the issue and the facts huh? You keep trying to drag others in as some convoluted attempt to deflect from them. I haven't read divecon's posts, nor mani's. I read yours and refuted it, simple as that. Nothing hair trigger about it.

Learn to argue an actual point or go away.

How bout you follow your own advice, dipshit?

Thank god your not one of my students, I don't give a shit how much money you gave me, I would not try to teach you shit. Its really quite scary that people who are as stupid as you exist. God, I hope you don't vote.

I am done with this shit. You are a complete idiot KK. You can't even understand the basic shit I am trying to tell you, can't even cognize simple hypos and you say moronic shit like "if something can't be proved, it doesn't exist". Oy. This is middle school stuff, I feel like I am trying to teach a child.

Hmm ... just because I won't give black folk any special treatment ... bad reason to fail, I am glad you are not my teacher or I would have sued ... :eusa_whistle:

It is you proving you are completely brain dead and biased, extremely biased, and should not be any where near a student. Prove it exists, prove there is racially biased questions on ANY test, unless you do your whole argument only demonstrates that you think black folk are inherently inferior to everyone else ... which though I disagree with that as well, at least it would fit your claim.

That's EXACTLY what this is all about. It isn't about ethnic discrimination. It's about a demand for preferential treatment by unqualified persons hiding behind their ethnicity as an excuse.

There is no ethnic discrimination here. The test is designed to discriminate between qualified and unqualified. You either do or you don't.

Oh, well, if you say theres no discrimination then theres not. I mean you read the test, looked at all the questions, and made a qualified determination of it, right?

Right?.....

Or are you just making shit up again? Saying something over and over doesn't make it true. Well, not in reality, but then you don't live there, do you?

You didn't make a statement, so I did ... which would have been a yes to the statement I made ... need it repeated again?

"I don't give a fuck what color their skin is, I would however prefer a well trained and capable fire chief over anyone who can't pass their test."

Oy. Dealing with you is like dealing with a mentally ill child. Ok, I'll take it real simple.

I am about to say the statement.

The point, quite simply, is that you don't need to know exactly how something works to know that it exists. Do you disagree with this statement?

I just said the statement. Do you disagree with the statement. Yes. Or. No.

God, how complicated can this be?

It isn't complicated at all. You're wrong. Next?

Oh well, if you say it, it must be true. How bout you actually provide some logic and reason, and refrain from merely stating things you believe to be true? Oh wait, then you might have to back up some of the horseshit you spew all over the boards.

In reality she ruled based on binding precedent...only SCOTUS had the authority to rule differently.

But don't let a good slur slow you down.
Ah, I have a post to add to mani's thread.

How ironic, you who doesn't know that difference, posted that someone else should learn it! :lol:

How ironic, you who doesn't know that difference, posted that someone else should learn it! :lol:

Actually I've been concistently citing evidence, as opposed to proof. But don't let the truth keep you from spouting your pov.

I have no doubt few, if any, of you will comprehend this. But I'm going to try a new, simpler hypo.

New York City wants to test their cops for promotions. One part of the test has to do with geography. They can either ask about the geography in the West Village or the geography in Harlem. If they choose West Village, whites will score better. If they choose Harlem, blacks will score better. How is this not racist?

Hmm ... just because I won't give black folk any special treatment ... bad reason to fail, I am glad you are not my teacher or I would have sued ... :eusa_whistle:

It is you proving you are completely brain dead and biased, extremely biased, and should not be any where near a student. Prove it exists, prove there is racially biased questions on ANY test, unless you do your whole argument only demonstrates that you think black folk are inherently inferior to everyone else ... which though I disagree with that as well, at least it would fit your claim.

That's EXACTLY what this is all about. It isn't about ethnic discrimination. It's about a demand for preferential treatment by unqualified persons hiding behind their ethnicity as an excuse.

There is no ethnic discrimination here. The test is designed to discriminate between qualified and unqualified. You either do or you don't.

Oh, well, if you say theres no discrimination then theres not. I mean you read the test, looked at all the questions, and made a qualified determination of it, right?

Right?.....

Or are you just making shit up again? Saying something over and over doesn't make it true. Well, not in reality, but then you don't live there, do you?

I just like the irony coming from the idiot

Right?.....

I just like the irony coming from the idiot

Then you must love listening to yourself, eh?

I have no doubt few, if any, of you will comprehend this. But I'm going to try a new, simpler hypo.

New York City wants to test their cops for promotions. One part of the test has to do with geography. They can either ask about the geography in the West Village or the geography in Harlem. If they choose West Village, whites will score better. If they choose Harlem, blacks will score better. How is this not racist?

Man, so that explains why blacks do so poorly on tests! We just need to ask questions like this:

"Junk in the trunk" means

A) Jumper cables, clumps of mud, potato chip wrappers and old magazines in the back compartment of the car

B) A woman with a large posterior

And we'll have armies of blacks all spit and polish and ready to fight crime, fight fires and rescue babies! My god! I can't believe what racist oppressors we've all been.

You actually think people sit around in back rooms and think of ways to fail black applicants....:cuckoo:

Why is it that the ONLY group of people who scream about "racist" tests are black people. You never see Asians, Indians, whites or hispanics.......moan and groan because they didn't pass a test. WHY IS THAT?????????

No one knows what the questions on the test were, I would assume they're general knowledge though and the black applicants simply failed to study. The hispanics afterall, had no problem passing. Next time they should study.

Remember to wear you tinfoil hat shiney side out.

well then, it's clear by your logic,, that only black cops should patrol harlem and only white cops should patrol West Village.. It's not like we should expect anybody to go out of their way to learn about diversity and neighborhoods and all.. keep whistling,, smile and nod.. :lol::lol::lol:

You actually think people sit around in back rooms and think of ways to fail black applicants....:cuckoo:

Why is it that the ONLY group of people who scream about "racist" tests are black people. You never see Asians, Indians, whites or hispanics.......moan and groan because they didn't pass a test. WHY IS THAT?????????

No one knows what the questions on the test were, I would assume they're general knowledge though and the black applicants simply failed to study. The hispanics afterall, had no problem passing. Next time they should study.

Remember to wear you tinfoil hat shiney side out.

Umm, because you have people like William Joyce around?

well then, it's clear by your logic,, that only black cops should patrol harlem and only white cops should patrol West Village.. It's not like we should expect anybody to go out of their way to learn about diversity and neighborhoods and all.. keep whistling,, smile and nod.. :lol::lol::lol:

Nope. Its one thing to patrol a place, its another to be asked detailed questions about an area you didn't grow up in.

Nope. Its one thing to patrol a place, its another to be asked detailed questions about an area you didn't grow up in.

I surely don't expect a man to patrol a place they know nothing about.. would you? or would you expect him to bone up and know something about that which he is expected to patrol???

for example.. our soldiers didn't grow up in Bagdhad.. but they practice and train for it?? simple? newp! requires a little effort?? you betcha!

I surely don't expect a man to patrol a place they know nothing about.. would you? or would you expect him to bone up and know something about that which he is expected to patrol???

There is some middle ground between knowing everything and knowing nothing.

Forum List

Back