Justice for New Haven Firefighters

fuck off asshole
you are more racist than me
you assume that the tests are not fair because some blacks didnt pass

A) True, he is an asshole who should fuck off.

B) True, he is more racist than you

C) Strictly speaking, false. It wasn't a matter of not passing the test, it was a matter of not achieving a high enough percentile to be eligible for promotion. A subtle distinction I know, but one that in many ways makes all the difference.

Commands aren't true or false. They are merely commands which have no truth value.

Hmm, I think there needs to be a thread for all your lies as well, it seems.

Umm, because you have people like William Joyce around?
except people like him are few and not in power
because when people like him are in power they tend to expose themselves and are voted out of office

Like Strom Thurmond was, right?

Sadly, they aren't few and far between. WJ is just one of the strange ones who are open about their dislike for blacks. The rest of you assholes hide it behind condemning affirmative action, and anything else that might benefit blacks.

How nice, bobo lite here is nothing but another left wing racist hiding behind political correctness..............:clap2:

except people like him are few and not in power
because when people like him are in power they tend to expose themselves and are voted out of office

Sadly, they aren't few and far between. WJ is just one of the strange ones who are open about their dislike for blacks. The rest of you assholes hide it behind condemning affirmative action, and anything else that might benefit blacks.

How nice, bobo lite here is nothing but another left wing racist hiding behind political correctness..............:clap2:

So you think I'm a racist because I think that a test where all the blacks just happen to do poorly has problems.

And yet you didn't speak out against WJ who said that blacks are systematically less intelligent.

Why is it that Republicans only become concerned about racism when they perceive racism against whites? Where is your concern about racism when someone outright says blacks are inferior?

In a wonderful orwellian twist the proof the test is baised against blacks appears to be blacks failed it.

Thus we learn that anything blacks fail at is indeed racist.

At least according to Ms Sodamayor, the USSC saw it differently, at least some of them did.
In reality she ruled based on binding precedent...only SCOTUS had the authority to rule differently.

But don't let a good slur slow you down.

where do you and nik get the idea that she ruled based on precedent? she didn't cite one case in the summary opinion....therefore, what is this precedent you and nik are referring to....what case....what case did the district court cite that you allege satomayor could not overturn....

my quick read of the case shows it to more factual findings than actual legal reasons for denying relief...she was even admonished in the scotus opinion (not her personally) for such a mindless ruling

any thoughts nik

So you think I'm a racist because I think that a test where all the blacks just happen to do poorly has problems.

And yet you didn't speak out against WJ who said that blacks are systematically less intelligent.

Why is it that Republicans only become concerned about racism when they perceive racism against whites? Where is your concern about racism when someone outright says blacks are inferior?
WJ is widely ignored
but your rep is about what his is

Your neighborhood example is faulty because then it would favor people who live in a certain neighborhood and not race. If I were to give a test on new York geography I could bus in folks from Seattle of any color vs. people from new york of any color and the people who were from new york would undoubtedly do better than the people of Seattle regardless of color.

I've yet to hear anyone claim the test was biased towards people from a certain region.

Your neighborhood example is faulty because then it would favor people who live in a certain neighborhood and not race. If I were to give a test on new York geography I could bus in folks from Seattle of any color vs. people from new york of any color and the people who were from new york would undoubtedly do better than the people of Seattle regardless of color.

I've yet to hear anyone claim the test was biased towards people from a certain region.

nik's in law school, s/he's always right.
get with the program.

Pssst....Harlem is mostly black and West Village is mostly white. Therefore questions about Harlem would benefit blacks and West Village would benefit whites.

WJ is widely ignored

Oh, I'm sure his is much better. The right loves racists, while they look down on rational thought or someone who might *gasp* actually argue for black equality.

In reality she ruled based on binding precedent...only SCOTUS had the authority to rule differently.

But don't let a good slur slow you down.

where do you and nik get the idea that she ruled based on precedent? she didn't cite one case in the summary opinion....therefore, what is this precedent you and nik are referring to....what case....what case did the district court cite that you allege satomayor could not overturn....

my quick read of the case shows it to more factual findings than actual legal reasons for denying relief...she was even admonished in the scotus opinion (not her personally) for such a mindless ruling

any thoughts nik

Where was she admonished in the scotus opinion?

WJ is widely ignored

Oh, I'm sure his is much better. The right loves racists, while they look down on rational thought or someone who might *gasp* actually argue for black equality.

equality of opportunity or equality of results?

if everyone taking the firefighter exam had access to the exact same study materials then all had an equal opportunity to do well.

life isn't graded on a curve. i don't want someone whose score was scaled up to a 90 from a 60 to be the one in charge of saving my family from a burning building.

i want the guy who aced the test no matter what color he is.

WJ is widely ignored

if everyone taking the firefighter exam had access to the exact same study materials then all had an equal opportunity to do well.

life isn't graded on a curve. i don't want someone whose score was scaled up to a 90 from a 60 to be the one in charge of saving my family from a burning building.

Sorry, but thats simply not true as far as the equal opportunity goes. I've posted evidence of this several times now.

Sorry, but thats simply not true as far as the equal opportunity goes. I've posted evidence of this several times now.
no you havent

no you havent

See the neighborhood example, or the spanish example. Again.

as you have said before...evidence is not proof.

the only thing that anyone can ask for is a shot. the fact that people of all backgrounds and colors had the opportunity to take a test on a very specific subject matter and all had equal access to study materials, all were given the same test and the same amount of time in which to complete that test should be level enough playing field for any adult.

a test is a competition to be won or lost, those that do well win those that don't lose. it's pretty simple really. and there was nothing in this particular test found to favor one race over another.

the guys who ruin the curve for the slackers should be congratulated not punished.
why is it that no one cries discrimination in athletics when someone gets cut from the team because they can't learn the playbook or when someone can't master a skill like holding on to the ball. performance is what counts in the real world.

those who got the highest grades performed the best. it is more than reasonable to assume they will make the best supervisors.

grading on a curve is the reason we are drowning in a sea of mediocrity.

any thoughts nik

Where was she admonished in the scotus opinion?

where is your proof of your claim that she ruled based on precedent? what precedent nik?

Forum List

Back