Justice for New Haven Firefighters

:rofl:

So in Nik-land, an unsubstantiated hypothetical pulled out of his ass constitutes evidence. :lol:

In reality as well, since all I am arguing is that something is possible. Yes, demonstrating a hypo where it works, means that its possible.

equality of opportunity or equality of results?

if everyone taking the firefighter exam had access to the exact same study materials then all had an equal opportunity to do well.

life isn't graded on a curve. i don't want someone whose score was scaled up to a 90 from a 60 to be the one in charge of saving my family from a burning building.

i want the guy who aced the test no matter what color he is.

Sorry, but thats simply not true as far as the equal opportunity goes. I've posted evidence of this several times now.

as you have said before...evidence is not proof.

the only thing that anyone can ask for is a shot. the fact that people of all backgrounds and colors had the opportunity to take a test on a very specific subject matter and all had equal access to study materials, all were given the same test and the same amount of time in which to complete that test should be level enough playing field for any adult.

a test is a competition to be won or lost, those that do well win those that don't lose. it's pretty simple really. and there was nothing in this particular test found to favor one race over another.

the guys who ruin the curve for the slackers should be congratulated not punished.
why is it that no one cries discrimination in athletics when someone gets cut from the team because they can't learn the playbook or when someone can't master a skill like holding on to the ball. performance is what counts in the real world.

those who got the highest grades performed the best. it is more than reasonable to assume they will make the best supervisors.

grading on a curve is the reason we are drowning in a sea of mediocrity.

No, the only thing you can ask for is a FAIR shot. Nobody's demonstrated that this was fair.

Where was she admonished in the scotus opinion?

where is your proof of your claim that she ruled based on precedent? what precedent nik?

See the precedents cited by the district court.

Now...where was she admonished in the ussc opinion?

i was wrong about that, it was the dissent in the app. ct.

why don't YOU point out the precedent...i already said i read it and failed to see any binding precedent that you and ravi claim exists....back it up lawboy...surely you know how do to that

So in Nik-land, an unsubstantiated hypothetical pulled out of his ass constitutes evidence. :lol:

In reality as well, since all I am arguing is that something is possible. Yes, demonstrating a hypo where it works, means that its possible.

It's also possible that you're a meth addict and a pedophile, hypothetically speaking.

Your point is worthless.

It's also possible that you're a meth addict and a pedophile, hypothetically speaking.

Your point is worthless.

Am I the only one seeing Nickie doing a tap dance. :lol:

where do you and nik get the idea that she ruled based on precedent? she didn't cite one case in the summary opinion....therefore, what is this precedent you and nik are referring to....what case....what case did the district court cite that you allege satomayor could not overturn....

my quick read of the case shows it to more factual findings than actual legal reasons for denying relief...she was even admonished in the scotus opinion (not her personally) for such a mindless ruling

any thoughts nik

Nickie, it's been in the news...not just that "vast far right conspirency" news channel. I tried telling you this yesterday, and you called me a liar. Do your own research, and quit having everyone else do it for you. :cuckoo:

any thoughts nik

Nickie, it's been in the news...not just that "vast far right conspirency" news channel. I tried telling you this yesterday, and you called me a liar. Do your own research, and quit having everyone else do it for you. :cuckoo:

See, what you did was a LIE yesterday. You pointed to the dissent criticizing the DISTRICT court, which Sotomayor is not a part of.

Now, if you want to try again, go for it, but at least learn what bench she sits on, eh?

Your point is worthless.

Yes, it is. Which proves that there are pedophiles and meth addicts, or the possibility of them. Just as me showing a hypothetically racist test proves that tests can be racist.

where is your proof of your claim that she ruled based on precedent? what precedent nik?

why don't YOU point out the precedent...i already said i read it and failed to see any binding precedent that you and ravi claim exists....back it up lawboy...surely you know how do to that

Where did I say that?

Sorry, but thats simply not true as far as the equal opportunity goes. I've posted evidence of this several times now.

the only thing that anyone can ask for is a shot. the fact that people of all backgrounds and colors had the opportunity to take a test on a very specific subject matter and all had equal access to study materials, all were given the same test and the same amount of time in which to complete that test should be level enough playing field for any adult.

a test is a competition to be won or lost, those that do well win those that don't lose. it's pretty simple really. and there was nothing in this particular test found to favor one race over another.

the guys who ruin the curve for the slackers should be congratulated not punished.
why is it that no one cries discrimination in athletics when someone gets cut from the team because they can't learn the playbook or when someone can't master a skill like holding on to the ball. performance is what counts in the real world.

those who got the highest grades performed the best. it is more than reasonable to assume they will make the best supervisors.

No, the only thing you can ask for is a FAIR shot. Nobody's demonstrated that this was fair.

fair?

the fact that the test was on a specific subject and that everyone taking the test had ample time to master the material is as fair as it gets in life.

stop your fucking whining.

http://newhavenindependent.org/archives/2009/02/firefighter_sto.php

Those who aced the test were nerds who read fire-fighting books just for fun, said Cordova’s cohort. “These kids will get together” and pay famous authors, like text prep manual writer Norman Hall, to come to New Haven to speak. “They think he’s superman.”

He said those firemen aced the test by memorizing all the books — including passages that others overlooked because they didn’t find them pertinent.

Last edited:

fair?

the fact that the test was on a specific subject and that everyone taking the test had ample time to master the material is as fair as it gets in life.

New Haven Independent: Latino Group Backs White Firefighters

Those who aced the test were nerds who read fire-fighting books just for fun, said Cordova’s cohort. “These kids will get together” and pay famous authors, like text prep manual writer Norman Hall, to come to New Haven to speak. “They think he’s superman.”

He said those firemen aced the test by memorizing all the books — including passages that others overlooked because they didn’t find them pertinent.

Subtelties are lost on people like you.

fair?

sounds like those that passed did their homework
those that didnt, tried to take shortcuts

fair?

Subtelties are lost on people like you.
more so on morons like you

Where did I say that?

you tool....you just said to see the precedents cited by the district court

you also said this earlier in the flame zone:

The USSC had ruled on a similar case before. She followed the precedent that the prior case set.

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back