Justice Roberts second guesses policy making decision on census, violates separation of powers

That is not true. Deduction of state taxes has nothing to do with what you pay in federal taxes. Even Mark Levin has called that argument ridiculous. One reason that red states pay more in federal taxes is because they generally have higher incomes than red states.

:rofl:

Oh really retard?

Now why would someone deduct state and local taxes if it "has nothing to do with what you pay in federal taxes?" :eek:

Well, because you're just flat out lying - Communist!

The SALT deduction directly lowers federal tax burden. This is why the leftists in the coastal states threw such a fit over tax reform, the massive welfare they got from the Red States was vanishing, no more can New York State taxes be shifted onto the backs of people in Idaho.

Skewing the results defeats the purpose of the census. It's just another example of republicans targeting democracy itself because they think it is against them.

It defeats the goals of your evil party.

The purpose of the census is to determine representation. Illegals are not citizens and have no representation outside of the consulate of their governments.
Loon, adding the question if one is a citizen or not does not determine the legal status of non-U.S. citizens.

Try harder next time.

Retard.

The census is to determine the representation for the CITIZENS of the nation. Your flaccid non sequitur notwithstanding.
Dumbfuck, then try explaining why the Constitution calls for counting "Indians not taxed," who in large part, were not citizens......

Why lie? Clinton has zero documented trips to pedophile isle.

ROFL

You fucking liar.

Flight logs show Bill Clinton flew on sex offender's jet much more than previously known

You really are a sociopath with utterly zero integrity.
LOLOLOLOLOL

Dumbfuck .... from your own link......

but logs do not show Clinton aboard any flights to St. Thomas, the nearest airport capable of accommodating Epstein's plane. They do show Clinton flying aboard Epstein’s plane to such destinations as Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, China, Brunei, London, New York, the Azores, Belgium, Norway, Russia and Africa.

I love how you imbeciles bitch-slap yourself silly while all I do is sit back and watch and laugh at you.

:dance::dance::dance:

Dumbfuck, then try explaining why the Constitution calls for counting "Indians not taxed," who in large part, were not citizens......

No one said not to COUNT the democrat's pet illegals, but to IDENTIFY them as illegals, just as the "Indians not taxed," were identified as such, dumbfuck.

ThinkProgress destroyed your argument before you could even vomit it out on the board, you were just too fucking stupid to grasp it.

ROFL

You fucking liar.

Flight logs show Bill Clinton flew on sex offender's jet much more than previously known

LOLOLOLOLOL

but logs do not show Clinton aboard any flights to St. Thomas, the nearest airport capable of accommodating Epstein's plane. They do show Clinton flying aboard Epstein’s plane to such destinations as Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, China, Brunei, London, New York, the Azores, Belgium, Norway, Russia and Africa.

I love how you imbeciles bitch-slap yourself silly while all I do is sit back and watch and laugh at you.

Keep lying, psychopath...

{
Among those regularly traveling with Clinton were Epstein’s associates, New York socialite Ghislaine Maxwell and Epstein’s assistant, Sarah Kellen, both of whom were investigated by the FBI and Palm Beach Police for recruiting girls for Epstein and his friends.

flightlogpic1.jpg

The flight logs are required to be filed with the Federal Aviation Administration.

Official flight logs filed with the Federal Aviation Administration show Clinton traveled on some of the trips with as many as 10 U.S. Secret Service agents. However, on a five-leg Asia trip between May 22 and May 25, 2002, not a single Secret Service agent is listed. The U.S. Secret Service has declined to answer multiple Freedom of Information Act requests filed by FoxNews.com seeking information on these trips. Clinton would have been required to file a form to dismiss the agent detail, a former Secret Service agent told FoxNews.com.}

Lying fuck fawn.....

No one said not to COUNT the democrat's pet illegals, but to IDENTIFY them as illegals, just as the "Indians not taxed," were identified as such, dumbfuck.

ThinkProgress destroyed your argument before you could even vomit it out on the board, you were just too fucking stupid to grasp it.
Dumbfuck, you're sounding crazier than usual. Are you sniffing glue again?

The purpose for counting people, as described by the Constitution, was to determine representative apportioning. And that included Indians not taxed, who were not U.S. citizens at the time ... and slaves, first 3/5ths, then 5/5ths, who were also not U.S. citizens.

Can ya be any dumber? I think not.

ROFL

You fucking liar.

LOLOLOLOLOL

{
Among those regularly traveling with Clinton were Epstein’s associates, New York socialite Ghislaine Maxwell and Epstein’s assistant, Sarah Kellen, both of whom were investigated by the FBI and Palm Beach Police for recruiting girls for Epstein and his friends.

flightlogpic1.jpg

The flight logs are required to be filed with the Federal Aviation Administration.

Official flight logs filed with the Federal Aviation Administration show Clinton traveled on some of the trips with as many as 10 U.S. Secret Service agents. However, on a five-leg Asia trip between May 22 and May 25, 2002, not a single Secret Service agent is listed. The U.S. Secret Service has declined to answer multiple Freedom of Information Act requests filed by FoxNews.com seeking information on these trips. Clinton would have been required to file a form to dismiss the agent detail, a former Secret Service agent told FoxNews.com.}

Lying fuck fawn.....
Fucking moron ... the flight you show highlighted there was from MIA (Miami, FL) to HPN (West Chester, NY). That is not to pedophile isle unless you think the flight headed southeast instead of north and Clinton parachuting down to Epstein's island for some underage nookie.

I swear, you are the most senile poster on the fora.

1233796371590.gif

ROFL

You fucking liar.

LOLOLOLOLOL

{

flightlogpic1.jpg

Lying fuck fawn.....
Fucking moron ... the flight you show highlighted there was from MIA (Miami, FL) to HPN (West Chester, NY). That is not to pedophile isle unless you think the flight headed southeast instead of north and Clinton parachuting down to Epstein's island for some underage nookie.

1233796371590.gif

Lying fuck fawn, clown and hack...

iu

Where did I mention the citizenship question in the post you replied to?

When you said, "but the primary purpose of the census is to determine the allocation of representatives throughout the US," which is the topic of this thread. If you don't want to answer, I have no problem accepting that as acknowledgement you agree the citizenship question does not impact the appropriation of representation.

I guess you could take that view if you continue to ignore the implications of the 14th Amendment.

The implications are that all U.S. citizens eligible to vote and non-U.S. citizens other than Indians not taxes are counted. Meaning asking folks if they're a U.S. citizen doesn't actually alter the count since U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens are already counted.

That’s true but not answering the citizen question can subject you to fine. Answering the question yes for residents who may not be citizen can mean jail time. Answer no means the person may be illegal. The simplistic solution is just to not respond which means no one in the resident is counted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a poor excuse. People should know if they're a citizen or not.
Yes, the individual knows but remember the census is by residence, not by individual. The residence may contain large families or multiple families, boarders, people that are near strangers or it may be a homeless shelter, a halfway house, a migrant camp, etc. In migrant neighborhoods, you don't ask people about their immigration status and any survey that does is not likely to yield accurate results.

Democrats aren't concerned about the accuracy of the of citizenship question but whether the question will cause some residencies not to respond at all to the census, thus losing the count of everyone at that residence. Although there is a legal requirement to respond to the census, a good count depends voluntary cooperation of everyone.

Last edited:

ROFL

You fucking liar.

LOLOLOLOLOL

{

flightlogpic1.jpg

Lying fuck fawn.....

1233796371590.gif

Lying fuck fawn, clown and hack...

iu
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You're sooo fucking brain-dead, you make me laugh my ass off.

How can I be lying?? I'm using the flight log YOU POSTED.

:dance:

Despite your idiotic claim that it shows Clinton going to pedophile isle in the Caribbean -- it actually shows Clinton flew from Miami, FL to Westchester, NY.

Meaning the one lying -- is you, not me. :eusa_doh:

When you said, "but the primary purpose of the census is to determine the allocation of representatives throughout the US," which is the topic of this thread. If you don't want to answer, I have no problem accepting that as acknowledgement you agree the citizenship question does not impact the appropriation of representation.

I guess you could take that view if you continue to ignore the implications of the 14th Amendment.

The implications are that all U.S. citizens eligible to vote and non-U.S. citizens other than Indians not taxes are counted. Meaning asking folks if they're a U.S. citizen doesn't actually alter the count since U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens are already counted.

That’s true but not answering the citizen question can subject you to fine. Answering the question yes for residents who may not be citizen can mean jail time. Answer no means the person may be illegal. The simplistic solution is just to not respond which means no one in the resident is counted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a poor excuse. People should know if they're a citizen or not.
Yes, the individual knows but remember the census is by residence, not by individual. The residence may contain large families or multiple families, boarders, people that are near strangers or it may be a homeless shelter, a halfway house, a migrant camp, etc. In migrant neighborhoods, you don't ask people about their immigration status and any survey that does is not likely to yield accurate results.

Democrats aren't concerned about the accuracy of the of citizenship question but whether the question will cause some residencies not to respond at all to the census, thus losing the count of everyone at that residence. Although there is a legal requirement to respond to the census, a good count depends voluntary cooperation of everyone.
Well it doesn't much matter anymore because trump the pussy grabbed himself and bailed on adding the question.

We need to use existing technology (facial recognition) to take important decisions out of idiots hands. Roberts and the Dems obviously don't want fairness and security. We could use facial recognition for airport safety, border security, voting eligibility, job eligibility and eligibility for all government assistance. That would makes things fair and help the taxpayer at the same time.

Republicans fucked themselves on this by using any excuse to justify the question and acting as if the idea of a deliberate under-count of the census never occurred to them. No one likes to be bullshitted to their face.
Nobody said anything never occurred to them.

The point you ignore is that it's a legitimate question.

Where in the constitution does it say the question should be asked?

It doesn't, but the constitution does state:
""counting the whole number of persons in each State..."

By asking the citizen question you are actually asking for Government over reach... How has this over reach performed before?

using primarily census records, compiled (1939-1941) the Custodial Detention Index ("CDI") on citizens, enemy aliens, and foreign nationals, who might be dangerous. The Second War Powers Act of 1941 repealed the legal protection of confidential census data, which was not restored until 1947. This information facilitated the internment of Japanese-Americans, following the Japanese attack on the U.S. at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941 and the internment of Italian- and German-Americans following the United States' entry into World War II.[33][34]...

Knowing that would you be happy with answering this:
Do you own a firearm?
How many firearms do you own by type:
Handgun
Shotgun

That is the first that comes to mind... Government needs to know that for defence in case being attacked by the Muslims...

You see you can justify any question...
So would you agree to the guns questions?

What ever. The last sentence of section 2 refers to citizens. But you'll continue to ignore it, carry on commie.

No, I don't ignore it. It refers to citizens who don't count towards appropriating representation. It doesn't mean only citizens can be counted.

You'll also note the first sentence includes Indians who are taxed -- many of whom were not U.S. citizens at the time that amendment was ratified. Proving beyond any rightard shadow of doubt that non-U.S. citizens are counted.

Your lack of reading comprehension skills is showing again. Try reading the Second Section very, very slowly and especially where representation shall be reduced in proportion which the Number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such States. The math requires the count of "citizens".

JWK

Now you're conflating who shouldn't be counted with those who should. Whether intentional or by ignorance, you destroy your own case with such foolishness.

Case in point, just because citizenship is required to determine if some shouldn't be counted, doesn't mean only citizens should be counted. It only means one of the disqualifying factors applies only to citizens. Just like with Indians... some are counted, some are not, based on if they're taxed or not. Applying your false analogy to Indians, we'd end up with only Indians should be counted because one must be an Indian to be excluded according to the first sentence of section two.

Now watch as I hit you with another question you won't answer. And you won't answer it for th he same reason you refused to answer my last question -- because it blows up your ridiculous argument..... The 14th Amendment was ratified in 1868. Until 1924, Indians born on reservations were not citizens. Some Indians are taxed and some are not. The ones who are, are enumerated. How could that have been possible during those 56 years when many of those Indians were not citizens?

It happens because there are many, many people like you who have a reading comprehension problem.

Next question?

JWK

Our Supreme Court has usurped legislative functions and set itself up as an unelected, omnipotent and unreviewable, policy making branch of government not authorized by our written Constitution.

Republicans fucked themselves on this by using any excuse to justify the question and acting as if the idea of a deliberate under-count of the census never occurred to them. No one likes to be bullshitted to their face.
Nobody said anything never occurred to them.

The point you ignore is that it's a legitimate question.

Where in the constitution does it say the question should be asked?

It doesn't, but the constitution does state:
""counting the whole number of persons in each State..."

It appears you missed the Second Section of the 14th Amendment which requires, when apportioning, a distinction to be made between citizens and non-citizens.

JWK

It was July of 2019 when an ongoing invasion of America’s borders swelled to tens of thousands a month, the Democrat controlled House refused to pass legislation to defend the borders of the United States, and America’s domestic enemies ___ socialists, communists, and Fifth Column activists ___ continued with their obstruction against securing America’s borders which led to the downfall of a once free nation.

That why liberal argument against the question being on census doesn’t sit well with Americans. Democrats are trying to allow foreign squatters to be part of our electoral formula. That is being “bullshitted to their face.”

It appears with all the noise about the question “Is this person a citizen of the United States?” we are overlooking Justice Roberts has usurped legislative power by second guessing a legitimate policy making decision.

In regard to this assumption of power Justice Stone reminds us that:

”The power of courts to declare a statute unconstitutional is subject to two guiding principles of decision which ought never to be absent from judicial consciousness. One is that courts are concerned only with the power to enact statutes, not with their wisdom. The other is that while unconstitutional exercise of power by the executive and legislative branches of the government is subject to judicial restraint, the only check upon our own exercise of power is our own sense of self-restraint. For the removal of unwise laws from the statute books appeal lies, not to the courts, but to the ballot and to the processes of democratic government.” U.S. v. Butler, 297 U.S. 1, 78-79 (1936)

Additionally, the court in Hillis v. Department of Ecology, 131 Wash. 2d 373, 932 P.2d 139 (1997) pointed out:

”Just because we [the courts] do not think the legislators have acted wisely or responsibly does not give us the right to assume their duties or to substitute our judgment for theirs.”

And, in ELDRED et al. v. ASHCROFT, ATTORNEY GENERAL (2003) the court unmistakably confirmed:

…..we are not at liberty to second-guess congressional determinations and policy judgments of this order, however debatable or arguably unwise they may be…The wisdom of Congress' action, however, is not within our province to second guess.

And finally, Justice Black, quite eloquently addressed the issue as follows:

"The public welfare demands that constitutional cases must be decided according to the terms of the Constitution itself, and not according to judges' views of fairness, reasonableness, or justice." – Justice Hugo L. Black (U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1886 - 1971) Source: Lecture, Columbia University, 1968

The bottom line is, Justice Obamacare-Roberts has repeatedly violate the most fundamental cannons and principles of our constitutionally limited system of government and the fundamental rules of constitutional construction by interfering with a legitimate question being replaced on our census form . . . “Is this person a citizen of the United States?”

JWK

Without a Fifth Column Media and Yellow Journalism [ourMSM], the crisis at our southern border would never have grown to what now amounts to an outright invasion and threatens the general welfare of the United States.
Roberts is worst Chief Justice since Earl Warren. Reynolds v. Sims, Shaw v. Reno, Evingwal v. Abbott must all be reversed!

It appears with all the noise about the question “Is this person a citizen of the United States?” we are overlooking Justice Roberts has usurped legislative power by second guessing a legitimate policy making decision.

In regard to this assumption of power Justice Stone reminds us that:

”The power of courts to declare a statute unconstitutional is subject to two guiding principles of decision which ought never to be absent from judicial consciousness. One is that courts are concerned only with the power to enact statutes, not with their wisdom. The other is that while unconstitutional exercise of power by the executive and legislative branches of the government is subject to judicial restraint, the only check upon our own exercise of power is our own sense of self-restraint. For the removal of unwise laws from the statute books appeal lies, not to the courts, but to the ballot and to the processes of democratic government.” U.S. v. Butler, 297 U.S. 1, 78-79 (1936)

Additionally, the court in Hillis v. Department of Ecology, 131 Wash. 2d 373, 932 P.2d 139 (1997) pointed out:

”Just because we [the courts] do not think the legislators have acted wisely or responsibly does not give us the right to assume their duties or to substitute our judgment for theirs.”

And, in ELDRED et al. v. ASHCROFT, ATTORNEY GENERAL (2003) the court unmistakably confirmed:

…..we are not at liberty to second-guess congressional determinations and policy judgments of this order, however debatable or arguably unwise they may be…The wisdom of Congress' action, however, is not within our province to second guess.

And finally, Justice Black, quite eloquently addressed the issue as follows:

"The public welfare demands that constitutional cases must be decided according to the terms of the Constitution itself, and not according to judges' views of fairness, reasonableness, or justice." – Justice Hugo L. Black (U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1886 - 1971) Source: Lecture, Columbia University, 1968

The bottom line is, Justice Obamacare-Roberts has repeatedly violate the most fundamental cannons and principles of our constitutionally limited system of government and the fundamental rules of constitutional construction by interfering with a legitimate question being replaced on our census form . . . “Is this person a citizen of the United States?”

JWK

Without a Fifth Column Media and Yellow Journalism [ourMSM], the crisis at our southern border would never have grown to what now amounts to an outright invasion and threatens the general welfare of the United States.
We are at a crossroads in the history of our American Republic.

Except that legislative power had nothing to do with anything here.
Except for the power of House Democrats and their communist media puppets to obstruct, delay, make false claims and straw man arguments to mislead public.

Forum List

Back