Justifiable use of deadly force or not?

Justifiable use of deadly force or not?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Concealed permit holder right ?? Are you suggesting that concealed carry permits are found in cracker jack boxes ??

Where is there any stipulation on being trained to overcome emotion?

An NRA pistol safety class does not train people to overcome emotion

However, it would train people to avoid rather than create conflict as the test way to prevent shootings, however. And the goal is to avoid a shooting if at all possible, not just justify a shooting.

If you were carrying, would you start screaming at another guys's woman over where she was parked? You see any risk of that turning into a shooting?

This kind of thing is why in many states that have CCW, still have laws where you can't wear the gun into an establishment that serves alcohol. If you got guys like this idiot that can't be responsible with his gun in a situation like this, could you imagine how many people would get killed if you had a bunch of CCW people getting drunk off their ass?

Typical Democrat argument, argue from theory, ignore reality.

In reality, the psycho WOULD carry the gun in the bar while everyone else would obey the law and be unarmed to defend themselves.

This happens over and over and yet you have a complete inability to learn from reality

Theory that is still being studied today is still being studied today because it is supported by reality.

Reality supports that disarming honest citizens while doing nothing about armed psychos stops shootings. Got it. Thanks for pointing that out

Doesn't make it legal what the shooter done next.
Doesn't make it illegal either

If I was on the jury I'd say it was justified
I really don't give a shit that some asshole who would physically assault someone else got dead

Do you think we should follow the Constitution? Is the Constitution important?

WHat's that got to do with this case and the evidence I saw on the video?

One guy forcibly shoved a smaller man to the ground and got shot
The guy who got shot committed assault
Shooting justfied

It has everything to do with it. It's called the 8th Amendment. Pushing a guy down who is standing outside your wife's car with your kids in it, isn't equal to the punishment of being shot and killed.
im not even sure pushing someone away from someone is even considered assault if no injury occurs

the judge would be really pissed off with that case, imagine
assault has nothing to do with injury

if you touch a person it can be called assault

I really don't give a shit that some asshole who would physically assault someone else got dead

Shooting justfied

It has everything to do with it. It's called the 8th Amendment. Pushing a guy down who is standing outside your wife's car with your kids in it, isn't equal to the punishment of being shot and killed.
im not even sure pushing someone away from someone is even considered assault if no injury occurs

I'm sure it is. You people haven't a clue about real life threats and attacks and use of force.

So in response you escalate the situation?
How'd that turn out for Saint McGlockton?

I'd escalate the situation by not screaming at another guy's woman in a parking lot while I'm packing? Seriously? How does that make sense?

Big difference between yelling and assault.
And as I said earlier all involved are idiots.
From the chick on down to the shooter.
I agree. But only one decided to raise the stakes to violence. And it cost him his life...

So you are saying if a guy with a gun was standing outside the car your wife and kids are sitting in and yelling at them, you'd not do anything about it?
I didn't see any gun until the thug pushed him to the ground.

exactly

I'm not a savage.
I would have simply got back in the car and left.
Of course I'd never park in a handicap zone so it would never have become an issue.

Swish, you didn't address the point. You said the guy did not threaten her. If a man went up to your wife and started screaming at her in a parking lot, you wouldn't view that as a threat. I sure the fuck would. I frankly don't believe you saying you believe that is not threatening

So in response you escalate the situation?
How'd that turn out for Saint McGlockton?

I'd escalate the situation by not screaming at another guy's woman in a parking lot while I'm packing? Seriously? How does that make sense?

Big difference between yelling and assault.
And as I said earlier all involved are idiots.
From the chick on down to the shooter.

Big difference between pushing someone who's screaming at your woman and shooting the guy who pushed you

Speech is not assault.

Shooting justfied

Assaulting a smaller weaker person is.

Size doesn't matter. You have no idea what another person can do physically. How much did Royce Gracie weigh when he won his UFC championships when they had NO WEIGHT CLASSES?

Easy to be am armchair quarterback in these situations but you weren't the one who was assaulted and you have no idea what your own reaction would be to being the victim of a violent physical assault.
True, but we are supposed to be trained to overcome our emotions once the situation was under control, and the attacker disengaged, and even stepped back.

Supposed to be trained?

Where is that stipulation in any law regarding self defense?
Concealed permit holder right ?? Are you suggesting that concealed carry permits are found in cracker jack boxes ??

However, it would train people to avoid rather than create conflict as the test way to prevent shootings, however. And the goal is to avoid a shooting if at all possible, not just justify a shooting.

If you were carrying, would you start screaming at another guys's woman over where she was parked? You see any risk of that turning into a shooting?

I don't yell at anyone

but then again yelling at a person is not a crime while forcibly assaulting a person is

Shooting justfied

I'm sure it is. You people haven't a clue about real life threats and attacks and use of force.
damn man i shoulda been charged with so many assaults as a bouncer the cops seemed pretty friendly about it though..pushing people apart was somehow considered a DE escalation

Shooting justfied

Or even take a swing. If I dodge an attempted blow to the head; am I leagally bound to not strike back because they didn’t actually manage to land the blow? I think not...

This kind of thing is why in many states that have CCW, still have laws where you can't wear the gun into an establishment that serves alcohol. If you got guys like this idiot that can't be responsible with his gun in a situation like this, could you imagine how many people would get killed if you had a bunch of CCW people getting drunk off their ass?

Typical Democrat argument, argue from theory, ignore reality.

In reality, the psycho WOULD carry the gun in the bar while everyone else would obey the law and be unarmed to defend themselves.

This happens over and over and yet you have a complete inability to learn from reality

Theory that is still being studied today is still being studied today because it is supported by reality.

Reality supports that disarming honest citizens while doing nothing about armed psychos stops shootings. Got it. Thanks for pointing that out

Disarming honest citizens? That's the funny thing, you don't know who is an honest responsible citizen until they either fuck up or don't. You just argued all these pages that this guy is a murderer and is an irresponsible gun owner... well by your logic there is nothing that could be done about it, because he had lived 50+ years without shooting and killing anyone to this point.

Shooting justfied

Or even take a swing. I I dodge an attempted blow to the head; am I leagally bound to not strike back because they didn’t actually manage to land the blow? I think not...
im just using personal opinion when talking about a shove, here....not being johnny cochran

Shooting justfied

Assaulting a smaller weaker person is.

Size doesn't matter. You have no idea what another person can do physically. How much did Royce Gracie weigh when he won his UFC championships when they had NO WEIGHT CLASSES?

Sure that guy who was so easily shoved to the ground certainly comported himself like a black belt

and FYI when deciding if a shooting was justified if the person assaulting is larger than the person being assaulted does come onto the decision as to whether the assault victim felt he was in danger

Drug arrest in 2008, I read in that new article quoted above. Charges were dropped. And that's it for him: the Drejka character got into more trouble than the black guy. Okay, no Saint McGlockton carry-on because that's how we got into so much confusion with the Trayvon Martin case. He was presented by the lying media as a saint, but wow, he was just a thug, turned out. I just feel bad because it's so sad about the mom and the three little kids. And he was defending them! Darn.

But he was such a nice boy......
  • #1 AGGRAVATED BATTERY DOMESTIC
    STATUTE: 784.045(1)(B)/F

• #2 RESISTING ARREST W/VIOLENCE
    STATUTE: 843.01/F

BOND: $2500

• #3 DISORDERLY CONDUCT
    STATUTE: 877.03/M
All the more reason why you don't go yelling at his wife or girlfriend for who you wouldn't know was married to a bad ace right ?? The guy who initiated the whole incident is the one responsible for the outcomes of the incident. Now it just has to be determined as to whether or not he is guilty of murder or manslaughter in which he caused.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

Drug arrest in 2008, I read in that new article quoted above. Charges were dropped. And that's it for him: the Drejka character got into more trouble than the black guy. Okay, no Saint McGlockton carry-on because that's how we got into so much confusion with the Trayvon Martin case. He was presented by the lying media as a saint, but wow, he was just a thug, turned out. I just feel bad because it's so sad about the mom and the three little kids. And he was defending them! Darn.

But he was such a nice boy......
  • #1 AGGRAVATED BATTERY DOMESTIC
    STATUTE: 784.045(1)(B)/F

• #2 RESISTING ARREST W/VIOLENCE
    STATUTE: 843.01/F

BOND: $2500

• #3 DISORDERLY CONDUCT
    STATUTE: 877.03/M
All the more reason why you don't go yelling at his wife or girlfriend for who you wouldn't know was married to a bad ace right ?? The guy who initiated the whole incident is the one responsible for the outcomes of the incident. Now it just has to be determined as to whether or not he is guilty of murder or manslaughter in which he caused.

The moral of the story....dont park in handicap zones if you're able bodied.
It might set off a crazy dude.

Wrong guy. Mr. Hands On escalated. No crime until that point.

Pushing someone down can cause death but its not lethal force. Do you understand the difference?

Do you understand what an officer means when he says lethal force? Doesnt seem like it, and I dont care to try to teach someone who cant understand something so simplistic

i understand the difference. It can cause death and its used as force....its lethal force.
Yeah, no. Nobodys ever been convicted of attempted murder for pushing someone down. If a push results in a death its also not murder, its involuntary manslaughter by virtue of a push NOT being considered lethal in intent.

Give it a fuckin break...an obsessive compulsive threatening to shoot people over a damn parking spot being pushed away from a woman and children is what youre defending as cause for murder in spite of the pusher doing what any grown man should do to a nutbag approaching his family

you perhaps dont belong owning deadly weaponry, either. life is more valuable than a killing in retaliation for a push.

Bam! Perfectly stated :rock:
Im pro gun rights but the mentality of anyone thinking this is OK makes me question being pretty pro regulation...I dunno. Its def. a downer that people are so irrational like that.
I'm of the mind that you don't assault people
I don't care that people who assault others get dead

Shooting justfied

Or even take a swing. I I dodge an attempted blow to the head; am I leagally bound to not strike back because they didn’t actually manage to land the blow? I think not...
im just using personal opinion when talking about a shove, here....not being johnny cochran
But if this goes to court... two sides will be playing Johnny Cochran. And reasonable doubt is all that’s necessary for a “not guilty” verdict. It’s seems that there is plenty of reasonable doubt here. That’s probably why formal charges haven’t been filed.

Forum List

Back