Justifiable use of deadly force or not?

Justifiable use of deadly force or not?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pushing someone down can cause death but its not lethal force. Do you understand the difference?

Do you understand what an officer means when he says lethal force? Doesnt seem like it, and I dont care to try to teach someone who cant understand something so simplistic

i understand the difference. It can cause death and its used as force....its lethal force.
Yeah, no. Nobodys ever been convicted of attempted murder for pushing someone down. If a push results in a death its also not murder, its involuntary manslaughter by virtue of a push NOT being considered lethal in intent.

Give it a fuckin break...an obsessive compulsive threatening to shoot people over a damn parking spot being pushed away from a woman and children is what youre defending as cause for murder in spite of the pusher doing what any grown man should do to a nutbag approaching his family

you perhaps dont belong owning deadly weaponry, either. life is more valuable than a killing in retaliation for a push.

Bam! Perfectly stated :rock:
Im pro gun rights but the mentality of anyone thinking this is OK makes me question being pretty pro regulation...I dunno. Its def. a downer that people are so irrational like that.
I'm of the mind that you don't assault people
I don't care that people who assault others get dead

Agreed.

i understand the difference. It can cause death and its used as force....its lethal force.
Yeah, no. Nobodys ever been convicted of attempted murder for pushing someone down. If a push results in a death its also not murder, its involuntary manslaughter by virtue of a push NOT being considered lethal in intent.

Give it a fuckin break...an obsessive compulsive threatening to shoot people over a damn parking spot being pushed away from a woman and children is what youre defending as cause for murder in spite of the pusher doing what any grown man should do to a nutbag approaching his family

you perhaps dont belong owning deadly weaponry, either. life is more valuable than a killing in retaliation for a push.

Im pro gun rights but the mentality of anyone thinking this is OK makes me question being pretty pro regulation...I dunno. Its def. a downer that people are so irrational like that.

Well, notice that the majority of second amendment supporters are not on the side of the shooter.

But yes, that this many people would argue that yelling at a woman over where she parked while packing is not an unreasonably dangerous situation to create is a bit scary
I haven’t heard a single poster endorse the confrontation of the woman, who parked in the handicapped spot.

it wasn't a crime so it doesn't matter

Do you think we should follow the Constitution? Is the Constitution important?

WHat's that got to do with this case and the evidence I saw on the video?

One guy forcibly shoved a smaller man to the ground and got shot
The guy who got shot committed assault
Shooting justfied

It has everything to do with it. It's called the 8th Amendment. Pushing a guy down who is standing outside your wife's car with your kids in it, isn't equal to the punishment of being shot and killed.
im not even sure pushing someone away from someone is even considered assault if no injury occurs

the judge would be really pissed off with that case, imagine
I'm sure it is. You people haven't a clue about real life threats and attacks and use of force.
damn man i shoulda been charged with so many assaults as a bouncer the cops seemed pretty friendly about it though..pushing people apart was somehow considered a DE escalation
No one was pushed apart in this topic, liar.

Drug arrest in 2008, I read in that new article quoted above. Charges were dropped. And that's it for him: the Drejka character got into more trouble than the black guy. Okay, no Saint McGlockton carry-on because that's how we got into so much confusion with the Trayvon Martin case. He was presented by the lying media as a saint, but wow, he was just a thug, turned out. I just feel bad because it's so sad about the mom and the three little kids. And he was defending them! Darn.

But he was such a nice boy......
  • #1 AGGRAVATED BATTERY DOMESTIC
    STATUTE: 784.045(1)(B)/F

• #2 RESISTING ARREST W/VIOLENCE
    STATUTE: 843.01/F

BOND: $2500

• #3 DISORDERLY CONDUCT
    STATUTE: 877.03/M
All the more reason why you don't go yelling at his wife or girlfriend for who you wouldn't know was married to a bad ace right ?? The guy who initiated the whole incident is the one responsible for the outcomes of the incident. Now it just has to be determined as to whether or not he is guilty of murder or manslaughter in which he caused.
Using your logic; the woman, is responsible for killing the assailant.

Shooting justfied

It has everything to do with it. It's called the 8th Amendment. Pushing a guy down who is standing outside your wife's car with your kids in it, isn't equal to the punishment of being shot and killed.

Assaulting a smaller weaker person is.

Size doesn't matter. You have no idea what another person can do physically. How much did Royce Gracie weigh when he won his UFC championships when they had NO WEIGHT CLASSES?

Sure that guy who was so easily shoved to the ground certainly comported himself like a black belt

and FYI when deciding if a shooting was justified if the person assaulting is larger than the person being assaulted does come onto the decision as to whether the assault victim felt he was in danger

It's pretty easy to push someone to the ground when they don't see it coming. Is this shit too complicated for you?

I mean you did say that you thought shoving someone to the ground deserved a death sentence penalty. So...

Easy to be am armchair quarterback in these situations but you weren't the one who was assaulted and you have no idea what your own reaction would be to being the victim of a violent physical assault.
Doesn't make it legal what the shooter done next.
Doesn't make it illegal either

If I was on the jury I'd say it was justified
I really don't give a shit that some asshole who would physically assault someone else got dead

Shooting justfied

The guy standing there had not committed any crime

The guy who assaulted him did

And the 8th amendment applies to the government not the individual

im not even sure pushing someone away from someone is even considered assault if no injury occurs

assault has nothing to do with injury

if you touch a person it can be called assault
Or even take a swing. I I dodge an attempted blow to the head; am I leagally bound to not strike back because they didn’t actually manage to land the blow? I think not...
im just using personal opinion when talking about a shove, here....not being johnny cochran
But if this goes to court... two sides will be playing Johnny Cochran. And reasonable doubt is all that’s necessary for a “not guilty” verdict. It’s seems that there is plenty of reasonable doubt here. That’s probably why formal charges haven’t been filed.
we will see, personally i secretly not so secretly hope that if the law doesnt get him, a crazed vigilante does because in my mind he doesnt at all value human life, while carrying a deadly weapon and i dont want those types out there in numbers as i raise kiddoes, myself

hes a sick ticket..obsessed and threatening to shoot folks over a fakkin parking spot

Shooting justfied

Size doesn't matter. You have no idea what another person can do physically. How much did Royce Gracie weigh when he won his UFC championships when they had NO WEIGHT CLASSES?

Sure that guy who was so easily shoved to the ground certainly comported himself like a black belt

and FYI when deciding if a shooting was justified if the person assaulting is larger than the person being assaulted does come onto the decision as to whether the assault victim felt he was in danger

It's pretty easy to push someone to the ground when they don't see it coming. Is this shit too complicated for you?

I mean you did say that you thought shoving someone to the ground deserved a death sentence penalty. So...

Yes it is easy to assault people when they don't see it coming

That doesn't make it legal

If some guy who was much bigger than you blindsided you and knocked you on your ass would you fear for your safety?

Pushing someone down can cause death but its not lethal force. Do you understand the difference?

Do you understand what an officer means when he says lethal force? Doesnt seem like it, and I dont care to try to teach someone who cant understand something so simplistic

Again, so do you believe in the Constitution or not? I want to make sure to hold you to this.

True, but we are supposed to be trained to overcome our emotions once the situation was under control, and the attacker disengaged, and even stepped back.

Retreat does not indicate the attack is over. Is someone knocked me to my feet that way I would suspect the attack to likely continue.

It is why it is good not attack others. You open yourself up to the response which may viewed as reasonable since you previously engaged an attack.
Retreat is an indication that the attack is over, and especially if your weapon caused the retreat. He knew (it appeared) that he was out of danger once pulled his weapon and the assailant retreated in his body language given, but the shooters emotions caused him to take the shot in which shouldn't have been taken at that point.

Or the piece of shit who assaulted the guy was backing up to come at him again
Highly speculative your honor, I wish the record be stricken of skullpilots assertions here. Sustained.

Or even take a swing. I I dodge an attempted blow to the head; am I leagally bound to not strike back because they didn’t actually manage to land the blow? I think not...
im just using personal opinion when talking about a shove, here....not being johnny cochran
But if this goes to court... two sides will be playing Johnny Cochran. And reasonable doubt is all that’s necessary for a “not guilty” verdict. It’s seems that there is plenty of reasonable doubt here. That’s probably why formal charges haven’t been filed.
we will see, personally i secretly not so secretly hope that if the law doesnt get him, a crazed vigilante does because in my mind he doesnt at all value human life, while carrying a deadly weapon and i dont want those types out there in numbers as i raise kiddoes, myself

hes a sick ticket..obsessed and threatening to shoot folks over a fakkin parking spot
NO troll, he shot the criminal after being violently attacked. No matter how many times you lie otherwise, that's what happened.

NO troll, he shot the criminal after being violently attacked. No matter how many times you lie otherwise, that's what happened.
cool story michael

Yes it is easy to assault people when they don't see it coming

That doesn't make it legal

The guy was defending his wife and kids from some psycho that was yelling at them over a parking space. The guy that got shot and killed, actually had more justification to use deadly force than the guy that got pushed down.

So as long as your afraid, your justified in taking another mans life? Taking another mans life is dependent on your emotional state?

Easy to be am armchair quarterback in these situations but you weren't the one who was assaulted and you have no idea what your own reaction would be to being the victim of a violent physical assault.
True, but we are supposed to be trained to overcome our emotions once the situation was under control, and the attacker disengaged, and even stepped back.

Supposed to be trained?

Where is that stipulation in any law regarding self defense?
Concealed permit holder right ?? Are you suggesting that concealed carry permits are found in cracker jack boxes ??

Where is there any stipulation on being trained to overcome emotion?

An NRA pistol safety class does not train people to overcome emotion
So you are saying that emotional basket cases are being legally allowed to conceal and carry ??

The guy was defending his wife and kids from some psycho that was yelling at them over a parking space. The guy that got shot and killed, actually had more justification to use deadly force than the guy that got pushed down.

For words? Come on Your being silly or intellectually devoid.

Doesn't make it legal what the shooter done next.
Doesn't make it illegal either

If I was on the jury I'd say it was justified
I really don't give a shit that some asshole who would physically assault someone else got dead

Shooting justfied

The guy standing there had not committed any crime

The guy who assaulted him did

And the 8th amendment applies to the government not the individual

He hadn't committed a crime "yet." He was being aggressive by yelling at the woman in the car with the KIDS.

Really odd that a man is yelling at a woman with kids in the car... but you guys don't give a rat's ass about that. Where the woman and kids are more vulnerable, but you act like the man that got pushed down is some defenseless child and was attacked by this crazed 500 pound bodybuilder.

Again, so do you believe in the Constitution or not? I want to make sure to hold you to this.

The constitution has nothing to do with it

The 8th amendment applies to bail and sentences passed by the government

If that’s your way of saying he was the initial douchebag in the story; I agree. But that doesn’t make him fair game for assault. There’s lots of douchebags out there. And we can’t all deliver street justice based on our own opinions of another persons character.

Retreat does not indicate the attack is over. Is someone knocked me to my feet that way I would suspect the attack to likely continue.

It is why it is good not attack others. You open yourself up to the response which may viewed as reasonable since you previously engaged an attack.
Retreat is an indication that the attack is over, and especially if your weapon caused the retreat. He knew (it appeared) that he was out of danger once pulled his weapon and the assailant retreated in his body language given, but the shooters emotions caused him to take the shot in which shouldn't have been taken at that point.

Or the piece of shit who assaulted the guy was backing up to come at him again
Highly speculative your honor, I wish the record be stricken of skullpilots assertions here. Sustained.

Like I give a flying or any other kind of fuck what you think

Forum List

Back