Justifiable use of deadly force or not?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not really. There are 600 or so visitors who see these threads every hour who know the deal.

You were wrong and posted something totally off point. Your posts lack any level of credibility to be taken as true debate.

Fact remains you can not lawfully assault people for words absent a clear and present ability to inflict harm such as brandishing a gun or other weapon.

Or risk lethal self-defensive actions.

Ask Treyvon, Mike Brown or McGlocklin

All the black guys in Florida should have learned something from Trayvon's mistake as in do not assault a stranger no matter how harmless he might appear, especially in Florida as in he might have a pistol in his pocket and what a nasty supprise that can be.

this guy had a pistol
..you can't go around telling people what to do or not do---now tell me what you would do if someone without authority told you, that you:
went through a red light,
did not stop at a stop sign,
your grass needs to be cut, etc etc-
'''hey--you didn't stop at that stop sign''
'''hey, hey you, you went through that red light''
!!!!!????
-I would tell the guy to get moving/FOff/etc ..FU!!!
..the guy with the pistol--even without one--is not authority and should've just taken a pic/etc if he was so upset about it

...the victim OBVIOUSLY was not attacking/not about to attack when the guy pulled out his pistol = unjustified shooting
...even the police give warnings to ''drop the gun''/''get down'' before shooting if possible

If one is being assaulted it is best to shoot first and ask questions later. Because if you do not your life might be taken from your or you may suffer grievious bodily harm. Be prepared and be armed. Two important things in today's society.

this guy had a pistol
..you can't go around telling people what to do or not do---now tell me what you would do if someone without authority told you, that you:
!!!!!????
..the guy with the pistol--even without one--is not authority and should've just taken a pic/etc if he was so upset about it

...the victim OBVIOUSLY was not attacking/not about to attack when the guy pulled out his pistol = unjustified shooting
...even the police give warnings to ''drop the gun''/''get down'' before shooting if possible

Can anyone say incoherent? Prejudicial? Biased and cannot even get the facts of case correct. Absolute malarky in a nutshell.

As a citizen you have the right to make a citizen's arrest if you see someone violating the law. There is no evidence that the shooter was attempting to make a citizen's arrest thought it would have been legal if he had done so. From all the evidence it appears the shooter was just telling the woman that they should not have parked in a handicapped spot. Nothing illegal about that. He had every right to tell her that, as in, Perfectly legal.

Yes, the guy had a concealed weapon and he had a permit to have one. Again, perfectly legal. Folks we are a nation of laws...it would behoove some on this thread to know what the law is regarding self defense.

The victim committed assault, by knocking the white guy to the ground. You seem not even to know that???
this is just like Zimmerman--someone with a pistol going out of there way for something VERY trivial
..no--fuck that idiot--he knew he had a pistol and went to talk shit
if someone did that to me, I'd tell them to FOff very blatantly --as most people would
when you have a weapon, you have to go out of your way NOT to start shit
this is starting shit for NO reason

You can legally carry a concealed weapon if you have a permit to do so. The shooter had a permit and he was perfectly within the law to have the weapon. There are no stipulations under the law that if you are armed you must go out of your way to do anything. BTW this guy had every right to tell the woman they should not have parked in the handicap spot. The Shooter did nothing illegal, nothing whatsoever. The black guy however comitted assault and he had been arrested for assault before this incident.

No one should think they are entitled to just walk up and knock someone to the ground for talking to your g/f.

Do you have a link to a story that goes into the attackers background....I haven't found any yet, which likely means he has a long history of violence.

Justified. If the guy on the ground was in fear of his safety.

So as long as your afraid, your justified in taking another mans life? Taking another mans life is dependent on your emotional state?

The guy assaulted him.
Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Would it be ok for a child to do this on the play ground? Since when does the punishment for assault involve the DEATH PENALTY? Has anyone ever been given the death penalty for pushing a man to the ground in the United States?
Sudden ambush from the rear would be not a good thing to do, such actions are and can be fearsom to many and violent. Gun play is in question as to what the person thought was happening. If someone unarmed suddenly wakes you up and you don't expect it because you are in your house alone. You shoot him and find it was your brother was it murder. Courts have ruled that it is not. Much is missing in what ever shooting you are talking about.

Justified. If the guy on the ground was in fear of his safety.

So as long as your afraid, your justified in taking another mans life? Taking another mans life is dependent on your emotional state?

The guy assaulted him.
Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Would it be ok for a child to do this on the play ground? Since when does the punishment for assault involve the DEATH PENALTY? Has anyone ever been given the death penalty for pushing a man to the ground in the United States?
Sudden ambush from the rear would be not a good thing to do, such actions are and can be fearsom to many and violent. Gun play is in question as to what the person thought was happening. If someone unarmed suddenly wakes you up and you don't expect it because you are in your house alone. You shoot him and find it was your brother was it murder. Courts have ruled that it is not. Much is missing in what ever shooting you are talking about.

Not to mention the law of self defense.

The Florida Law on Self Defense:

Defendants can use deadly or non-deadly force as an affirmative defense to justify their actions:

Non-Deadly Force: This refers to force that is not likely to cause death or great bodily harm, such as hitting or shoving someone. A person is justified in using non-deadly force where they reasonably believe that it is necessary to defend against another's imminent use of unlawful force. There is no duty to retreat.

Deadly Force: According to Florida law, a person can use or threaten to use deadly force to prevent the imminent commission of "forcible felonies" such as assault, burglary, or kidnapping. It is also allowable to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm.

this guy had a pistol
!!!!!????

Can anyone say incoherent? Prejudicial? Biased and cannot even get the facts of case correct. Absolute malarky in a nutshell.

As a citizen you have the right to make a citizen's arrest if you see someone violating the law. There is no evidence that the shooter was attempting to make a citizen's arrest thought it would have been legal if he had done so. From all the evidence it appears the shooter was just telling the woman that they should not have parked in a handicapped spot. Nothing illegal about that. He had every right to tell her that, as in, Perfectly legal.

Yes, the guy had a concealed weapon and he had a permit to have one. Again, perfectly legal. Folks we are a nation of laws...it would behoove some on this thread to know what the law is regarding self defense.

The victim committed assault, by knocking the white guy to the ground. You seem not even to know that???
this is just like Zimmerman--someone with a pistol going out of there way for something VERY trivial
..no--fuck that idiot--he knew he had a pistol and went to talk shit
if someone did that to me, I'd tell them to FOff very blatantly --as most people would
when you have a weapon, you have to go out of your way NOT to start shit
this is starting shit for NO reason

You can legally carry a concealed weapon if you have a permit to do so. The shooter had a permit and he was perfectly within the law to have the weapon. There are no stipulations under the law that if you are armed you must go out of your way to do anything. BTW this guy had every right to tell the woman they should not have parked in the handicap spot. The Shooter did nothing illegal, nothing whatsoever. The black guy however comitted assault and he had been arrested for assault before this incident.

No one should think they are entitled to just walk up and knock someone to the ground for talking to your g/f.

Do you have a link to a story that goes into the attackers background....I haven't found any yet, which likely means he has a long history of violence.

No history of violence by the shooter. However the black guy who was shot had been arrested before for assault.

In the link below is an article with a video that shows a "stand your ground" incident in Clearwater Florida. A women illegally parked in a handicapped spot and got into an argument with a man who confronted her about it. The women's boyfriend, who was in the store at the time, comes out to see the argument and pushes the man to the ground. With the man on the ground he pulls out a gun and aims at the man who assaulted him. The man who committed the assault then backs up. Despite backing away, the man fires his gun anyways hitting the man in the chest. The injured man then runs into the store where he collapses on the ground and dies in front of his five your old son.

My opinion:

Both the women and her boyfriend committed illegal acts which led to the incident. But, I do not feel the man who was assaulted was justified in shooting his attacker. The Attacker had backed off after the gun was pulled. Parking in handicap spot and pushing someone to the ground or both illegal, but punishment for those actions would never warrant the death penalty. Had the attacker continued to assault or move towards the man pushed to the ground, then you might have a case where shooting the gun might be warranted. But that is not what happened. The attacker backed away after the gun was pulled. Then he was shot and killed, dying in front of his five year old son in the store. The man has two other children as well.

I've seen people get pushed to the ground like that in the school yard. Its wrong, you have a right to defend yourself. But in this case, taking another mans life was NOT justified. Call the police and the film of the incident would be enough evidence to punish the attacker in an appropriate manner.

The article and video of the incident are in the link below:

https://nypost.com/2018/07/20/stand...r-in-deadly-fight-over-parking-space-sheriff/

media link from youtube:

Very prejudicial video which has been edited edited to cover up what really happened and obviously one sided.

Last edited:

In the link below is an article with a video that shows a "stand your ground" incident in Clearwater Florida. A women illegally parked in a handicapped spot and got into an argument with a man who confronted her about it. The women's boyfriend, who was in the store at the time, comes out to see the argument and pushes the man to the ground. With the man on the ground he pulls out a gun and aims at the man who assaulted him. The man who committed the assault then backs up. Despite backing away, the man fires his gun anyways hitting the man in the chest. The injured man then runs into the store where he collapses on the ground and dies in front of his five your old son.

My opinion:

Both the women and her boyfriend committed illegal acts which led to the incident. But, I do not feel the man who was assaulted was justified in shooting his attacker. The Attacker had backed off after the gun was pulled. Parking in handicap spot and pushing someone to the ground or both illegal, but punishment for those actions would never warrant the death penalty. Had the attacker continued to assault or move towards the man pushed to the ground, then you might have a case where shooting the gun might be warranted. But that is not what happened. The attacker backed away after the gun was pulled. Then he was shot and killed, dying in front of his five year old son in the store. The man has two other children as well.

I've seen people get pushed to the ground like that in the school yard. Its wrong, you have a right to defend yourself. But in this case, taking another mans life was NOT justified. Call the police and the film of the incident would be enough evidence to punish the attacker in an appropriate manner.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/20/stand...r-in-deadly-fight-over-parking-space-sheriff/

media link from youtube:

!!!!!???

First two examples I am in my car = keep driving.

The grass example is on my property = find out what the issue through the closed locked door (armed). I dont open my door for strangers. Call cop

In every case I would not assault the person complaining about my actions
bullshit!!!!most males would tell the guy to FOff
most humans do not like to be told they did something wrong--even by cops!!!!!!
what if he followed you till you stopped and got out??
what if you parked illegally and someone kept bugging you about it??
you shouldn't give a FK about parking there because---you parked there
so someone telling you were wrong would piss you off

If the guy had told him to F Off there would have been no problem....instead of telling him that or even trying to figure out what was going on he assaulted the guy....which of course is illegal and anyone that is being assaulted has the right to use deadly force if he believes his life is in danger or if he fears great bodily harm. Put yourself in his position knocked to the ground and as such in a very vulnurable position to further attack. Thus in reasonable fear of great bodily harm as well as in fear of his life he acted entirely within the law and thus no reason for his arrest and there was no arrest and from what I hear there will be no arrest which infuriates the media who really do not believe a white man ever has a legal right to kill a black man no matter what the black man may be doing and no matter if the shooter is a police officer. The liberal narrative is consistent and never change...blacks are he victims and whites are evil racists. That is what they always runs with but this time there is no obama in office or eric holder in office to put pressure on local authorities thus the media will not be successful in this their latest attempt to lynch a innocent white man.

The man defended his wife from the shooter's vicious rants and was killed for it.

Vicious rants. Does tone, volume or content determine viciousness ?

Screaming at someone if in fact he was screaming is no excuse for him to have been assaulted. That is the bottom line in this case which the liberals do not want to recognize.

The black person had no right to assault the guy. Just like he had no legal right to park in a handicapped space. Also he had been arrested for assault before.

A reasonable course of action would have been for the black guy to come out of the store and talk to the white guy first to understand what was going on.

Then he should have apologized for illegally parking in a handicapped spot and then left with his family.

But no, he lost his temper(probably had difficulty controlling his emotions as he had been arrested before for assault)and assaulted the guy. Which was a huge, huge, yes I say huge mistake and quite tragic for his family.

I hope people that are prone to violence learn something from this. Never assault anyone and especially a stranger--even someone that looks weak or older and unable to physically defend themselves or even a woman for that matter--they may have a pistol and they may shoot you legally if they so desire.

My opinion:

media link from youtube:

Very prejudicial video which has been edited edited to cover up what really happened and obviously one sided.

No, it is not "Very prejudicial." It clearly shows what happened.

seems there are a lot of what if the black had done this or that...what if the woman in the car could have done...rolled the window up and moved the car

My opinion:

media link from youtube:

you don't get to assault someone for parking illegally.

seems justified.

That is where the investigation is at right now, yes, but this is early innings. Wait until the state and the feds get involved.

Just wondering if you knew who is the instigator.
Verbally assaulting his wife. Do you just stand there watch and play pussy?
Then he got shoved for minding other people’s business. Pulled a gun killing someone just because of handicap parking space. Murderer.

You cant put your hands on people for words. What every kindergartener knows.

You can’t just yelled at my wife or my girlfriend either.
A jerk like that will get more than shoved from me.

Just wondering if you knew who is the instigator.
Verbally assaulting his wife. Do you just stand there watch and play pussy?
Then he got shoved for minding other people’s business. Pulled a gun killing someone just because of handicap parking space. Murderer.

You cant put your hands on people for words. What every kindergartener knows.

You can’t just yelled at my wife or my girlfriend either.
A jerk like that will get more than shoved from me.

You would be committing assault and depending on the ferocity of which would have to expect someone to defend themselves. Lethally if required

Forum List

Back