Justify: Why do we have such a massive military?

We have a good sized military so fuck nugget Paul libertarians can have the freedom to call them murders. Also seeing as it is one of the only damn things the federal government is suppose to spend money on how about we cut other fat first....Or we can use all that old ordnance and burn pot growing lots....that would save money on more then one front.

We have a good sized military so fuck nugget Paul libertarians can have the freedom to call them murders. Also seeing as it is one of the only damn things the federal government is suppose to spend money on how about we cut other fat first....Or we can use all that old ordnance and burn pot growing lots....that would save money on more then one front.

I think the constitution meant spend money on defense, not offense. We've been invading and making war on other countries doing us no harm since WW2, like the bully on the block.

Last edited:

I think the constitution meant spend money on defense, not offense. We've been invading and making war on other countries doing us no harm since WW2, like the bully on the block.

Listen pussy the reason we have bases around the world is so we can react more quickly when the balloon goes up....Now that I have taught you something go back to your bong and wishing hookers didn't charge you so much.

I gotta credit right wingers. I specified that THIS thread is not for talking about slashing entitlements, its only about talking about if we should slash defense. And they've been silent. Thanks for abiding by my wishes.

We've got a full page of comments, and we are silent?

And we should slash the waste from the military. I have no doubt if we have better over sight on the funds, we could slash the budget and still give the soldiers a raise and better protect them.

If we have to support someone with entitlements....... it should be the military.

And if they are keeping us safe with more than we really need of the most kick ass, highest tech weapon systems ....I will err that way in an abundance of caution.

Should they keep us safe? Or should we keep ourselves safe?

A well regulated militia after all...

Are we the World Police? I know people argue that we are. WHY? Why us? Why not slash all that spending and downsize. Let the world police itself.
I believe the last time we did something like the was in the 1930s during that time Hitler and the Nazi party rose to power in Germany and Imperial Japan rose to power in the pacific. The world did a very poor job of policing it's self and despite our small, poorly trained and equipped military we still ended up in a second world war there have been numerous conflicts since then but there has not been another world war since the U.S. began maintaining a large standing military take from this what you will.

Your history is wrong. We meddled in Europe's affairs in 1917 and ended up causing the humiliation of Germany which laid the groundwork for Nazism.

Wilson and his progressives did. When Harding and Coolidge took over, we took a different tact.

If we purchase 1 generation 5 fighter at 75 million dollars, but the Chinese purchase 10 generation 4 fighters for 75 million, they will eventually defeat us by numbers alone. Our technology ensures we are the best, but even the best prize fighter can be taken down by a mob.

Take the top 10 standing armies in the world..

10.Russia AP:321,000
9.Iraq AP:375,000
8.Turkey AP:402,000
7.Vietnam AP:412,000
6.USA AP:477,800
5.Pakistan AP:550,000
4.South Korea AP:560,000
3.North Korea AP:950,000
2.India AP:1,100,000
1.China AP:1,600,000

Those highlighted in red are definate enemies of the United States. India and Turkey I would not count as friends.

So, we have 7,108,00 troops against the USA's 477,000........That means we are out manned nearly 15:1. This does not include India and Turkey.

Find something else to cut because we're barely able to hold our own.

You justify our military spending by adding up the troop numbers of the nine biggest militaries in the world? I guess India and Pakistan are going to join forces to attack us? North and South Korea too? And you still consider Vietnam, Russia and China "enemies"? What decade are you living in? And we are barely able to hold our own? What reality are you living in? :cuckoo:

I dont know if it is cause they are young and were taught that solders are evil or that they smoked to much pot but I sure do get tired of people saying the men and women who protect our freedoms are wasting our money....No fat fucking welfare queens and junkies are wasting our money....Unions are wasting our money.....Politicians are wasting our money.....But the people who put themselves between us and a bullet are not wasting our money.

Who raises such disrespectful and ungrateful people?

Ok. Many have said we need to have the tough talks about budget. Alright. Lets begin.

Military. Why do we have/need the biggest military, by far, in the world? Questions:

1- Our neighbors are Mexico and Canada. We are surrounded by vast oceans. We have one of the most easily defensable plots of land in the world. In fact, we barely have a legit threat in the entire hemisphere.

2- Are we the World Police? I know people argue that we are. WHY? Why us? Why not slash all that spending and downsize. Let the world police itself.

So, either we are the World Police, and we are OK with our tax money being spent to police the rest of the world....or we need to seriously downsize. We dont have an immediate threat anywhere in the hemisphere. Even if we slashed our military with massive cuts, we'd still be unmatched by any other nation.

Entitlements can be the next talk. The next thread. THIS thread is on this topic. So.....from righties and lefties...what is the justification for this massive military? We need to JUSTIFY ever tax dollar spent. Its the fiscally responsible thing to do. Justify it.

why?

Well mostly b/c as Americans, we hate knowing that kids are being killed when we can do something about it.

No other country gives a damn.

So it's either us or no one.

If we purchase 1 generation 5 fighter at 75 million dollars, but the Chinese purchase 10 generation 4 fighters for 75 million, they will eventually defeat us by numbers alone. Our technology ensures we are the best, but even the best prize fighter can be taken down by a mob.

Those highlighted in red are definate enemies of the United States. India and Turkey I would not count as friends.

So, we have 7,108,00 troops against the USA's 477,000........That means we are out manned nearly 15:1. This does not include India and Turkey.

You justify our military spending by adding up the troop numbers of the nine biggest militaries in the world? I guess India and Pakistan are going to join forces to attack us? North and South Korea too? And you still consider Vietnam, Russia and China "enemies"? What decade are you living in? And we are barely able to hold our own? What reality are you living in? :cuckoo:
Wow, your pretty stupid, aren't you?

Those are just the ground forces.

And our Military Commanders would look at you like you had two heads growing out of your ears.....

But go ahead....cut spending and then tell Me how much you'll get under another regimes rule.

and don't say it wont' happen. History proves otherwise.

If we have to support someone with entitlements....... it should be the military.

And if they are keeping us safe with more than we really need of the most kick ass, highest tech weapon systems ....I will err that way in an abundance of caution.

Should they keep us safe? Or should we keep ourselves safe?

A well regulated militia after all...

pfft

Locals with rifles and shotguns couldn't defend us from the police.

petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/remove-gender-specifications-all-military-fitness-programs/Px1S3Mby

Please sign! For the good of the Military.

I dont know if it is cause they are young and were taught that solders are evil or that they smoked to much pot but I sure do get tired of people saying the men and women who protect our freedoms are wasting our money....No fat fucking welfare queens and junkies are wasting our money....Unions are wasting our money.....Politicians are wasting our money.....But the people who put themselves between us and a bullet are not wasting our money.

Who raises such disrespectful and ungrateful people?

Who said that the people putting themselves between us and a bullet are wasting our money? Joe Soldier didn't spend a dime of my money by maintaining hundreds of bases overseas. Most of the people spending our money have probably never held a gun, let alone been to war. And this is something new among young people nowadays? Okay, then let's cut military spending back to what it was when you were a kid.

Wow, your pretty stupid, aren't you?

Those are just the ground forces.

And our Military Commanders would look at you like you had two heads growing out of your ears.....

But go ahead....cut spending and then tell Me how much you'll get under another regimes rule.

and don't say it wont' happen. History proves otherwise.

Exactly. Those are just ground forces. We also have 10 of (if I remember the number correctly) 14 Aircraft Supercarriers in existence. Our military technology far exceeds those of our closest counterparts, and it isn't because we spend so much money. Most of our money is spent maintaining hundreds of military bases overseas, and sending our young men and women to die in needless conflicts.

Listen pussy

Have you ever served?

the reason we have bases around the world is so we can react more quickly when the balloon goes up....Now that I have taught you something go back to your bong and wishing hookers didn't charge you so much.

Our Navy and Air Force are more than capable of reacting quickly without having bases on every corner of the world.

Anyone with a clue about the military knows this.

Now that I've taught you something you can go back to checking customer IDs for cigarettes and giving them incorrect change.

defence-budgets-and-expenditure---iiss.jpg

America, fuck yeah!

Forum List

Back