Kamala's America: Border Czar Harris Has Lost Track of 290,000 Unaccompanied Minors

She wasn't appointed border czar.
That's what the media at the time was saying.
I had no idea the media said she was a border Czar until she became the nominee and I began to see dozens of threads from trumpers lying about how she was the border czar.
Then you weren't paying attention. Were you actually posting on politics back from that lack of information?
I'm not to concerned about your thots and feels about what I would hypothetically think.
Which does nothing to change the obvious, you wouldn't be saying diddly if the border was not a mess.

That's what the media at the time was saying.

Agreed. Not sure where they got that term but you know how the media is.

Then you weren't paying attention. Were you actually posting on politics back from that lack of information?

I don't typically watch media and don't remember reading about that term.

After I saw the term being used dozens of times by trumpers I decided to do research.

That research disclosed the fact that Kamala was never officially appointed "border czar" and that her assignment was not to address the border itself but instead investigate the root causes from countries that immigrants are coming from.

That made sense considering it's ludicrous to expect a VP to fix a problem that has existed for decades and is the responsibility of Congress to legislate.
Which does nothing to change the obvious, you wouldn't be saying diddly if the border was not a mess.
If the border wasn't a mess I still would not agree that Kamala was a "Border czar" or that as VP she had and significant impact but I sure would give a lot of credit to Congress.

Agreed. Not sure where they got that term but you know how the media is.
Yes, I do. They were generally gaga over everything about the Quid Pro administration at the time.
I don't typically watch media and don't remember reading about that term.
I don't consume media regularly, but I remember seeing it. At the time it wasn't controversial.
After I saw the term being used dozens of times by trumpers I decided to do research.

That research disclosed the fact that Kamala was never officially appointed "border czar" and that her assignment was not to address the border itself but instead investigate the root causes from countries that immigrants are coming from.
And it's fair game to ask her what she actually did and whether anything she did was effective at all. If it wasn't, what did she do as a follow-up? That's my point, I don't care if she had a czar title or not, I want to know if she followed through on her assigned responsibilities, and if she was able to implement an alternative solution if the first one didn't work.
That made sense considering it's ludicrous to expect a VP to fix a problem that has existed for decades and is the responsibility of Congress to legislate.

If the border wasn't a mess I still would not agree that Kamala was a "Border czar" or that as VP she had and significant impact but I sure would give a lot of credit to Congress.
It would have been nice to have heard that when she was given responsibility. Even Politico was saying that Joe appointed her the "point person" and he said, "I can think of nobody who is better qualified to do this”. Of course, he was dealing with diminished capacity, so maybe he just made a bad call.

Yes, I do. They were generally gaga over everything about the Quid Pro administration at the time.

And conversely the right wing media went gaga over Trump's adjudicated sexual assault, fraud and felony conviction...except Biden was never adjudicated/impeached/convicted of any quid pro quo so their unwavering affection is certainly more misplaced.

I don't consume media regularly, but I remember seeing it. At the time it wasn't controversial.

Yeah, like I said; I hadn't seen it nor do I remember seeing it.

And it's fair game to ask her what she actually did and whether anything she did was effective at all. If it wasn't, what did she do as a follow-up? That's my point, I don't care if she had a czar title or not, I want to know if she followed through on her assigned responsibilities, and if she was able to implement an alternative solution if the first one didn't work.

She did. She solicited donations to create jobs etc in some of the countries where immigrants tend to come from.

It would have been nice to have heard that when she was given responsibility.

I am not surprised the right wing media didn't notify you if what she did.

Even Politico was saying that Joe appointed her the "point person" and he said, "I can think of nobody who is better qualified to do this”. Of course, he was dealing with diminished capacity, so maybe he just made a bad call.
Yep. Nobody better to investigate the root causes.

I would like comment on the effects of her efforts but it's probably impossible to gauge.

Oh well, hopefully Congress can get some legislation done but I am not getting my hopes up.

And conversely the right wing media went gaga over Trump's adjudicated sexual assault, fraud and felony conviction...except Biden was never adjudicated/impeached/convicted of any quid pro quo so their unwavering affection is certainly more misplaced.
Irrelevant.
Yeah, like I said; I hadn't seen it nor do I remember seeing it.
Well, it was pretty prominent at the time. Now, of course, they're scrambling to pretend she wasn't responsible for anything at all.
She did. She solicited donations to create jobs etc in some of the countries where immigrants tend to come from.
Okay, she solicited donations. Is that what Quid Pro Joe appointed her to do? I don't recall that being part of the job.
I am not surprised the right wing media didn't notify you if what she did.
You said you don't consume media. From where do you get this if you don't?
Yep. Nobody better to investigate the root causes.

I would like comment on the effects of her efforts but it's probably impossible to gauge.

Oh well, hopefully Congress can get some legislation done but I am not getting my hopes up.
Shouldn't she have spearheaded efforts, proposed legislation, etc. for Congress to take up? At this point, there are at least two border security bills I'm aware of. One was Quid Pro begging for Republicans to bail him out and the other is sitting on a certain democrat's desk, going nowhere.

Irrelevant.

As was your quid pro quo nonsense.

Well, it was pretty prominent at the time. Now, of course, they're scrambling to pretend she wasn't responsible for anything at all.

Odd. I don't really remember posts about border czars before Biden dropped out of the race.

Okay, she solicited donations. Is that what Quid Pro Joe appointed her to do? I don't recall that being part of the job.

Her job was to root out the cause and mitigate. Promoting jobs in these countries gives incentives to locals to stay and work instead of coming here and getting hired by American companies.

You said you don't consume media. From where do you get this if you don't?

I searched border czar on Google and read articles.

Shouldn't she have spearheaded efforts, proposed legislation, etc. for Congress to take up?

No, that wasn't her job. That is congresses job and maybe a little bit Biden's.

At this point, there are at least two border security bills I'm aware of. One was Quid Pro begging for Republicans to bail him out and the other is sitting on a certain democrat's desk, going nowhere.
Yes, adjudicated sexual assaulter fraudster convicted felon Trump had the bipartisan legislation killed and bragged about it.

The other legislation which a republican controlled Congress and adjudicated sexual assaulter fraudster convicted felon Trump didn't pass it.

Forum List

Back