Kansas Police Asking People To Please Not Shoot Their Guns at Tornadoes

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
0AF83B61-D7B8-4677-A2C5-6FB28DE269EC.jpeg

“In reality, firing your gun at a tornado is an obviously terrible idea. Here’s a quick rundown of what will happen if you decide to walk outside and start pumping rounds into a cyclone.

• The tornado will hurl a brick or tractor or jagged piece of telephone pole at you.
  • You’ll die.
  • The tornado will pick up your gun.
  • The tornado will start firing your gun at everything it passes.
  • Your county is now under attack by both a tornado and an active shooter.
See? Nothing good.”

Hey, it's just a hobby don't take it so seriously..It's either shooting the shit, tornados or skeet with cow turds..

View attachment 260855

“In reality, firing your gun at a tornado is an obviously terrible idea. Here’s a quick rundown of what will happen if you decide to walk outside and start pumping rounds into a cyclone.

• The tornado will hurl a brick or tractor or jagged piece of telephone pole at you.
  • You’ll die.
See? Nothing good.”

Not sure its so bad an idea. I mean, a good tornado would probably stop a bullet and if it got through at all, it would be deflected without much froward energy left. So I don't see where it can hurt. Meantime, it is a smaller version of an idea I've had for years. When a tornado developed, they shoot a pretty big bomb up at just below where the funnel comes out of the cloud---- the explosion should break up the funnel and disrupt it entirely causing it to collapse. It likely wouldn't reform or would have a hard time reorganizing for a while. As strong as those winds are, they are no match for the force of an irresistible large-scale chemical explosion. For really big storms they could launch a triple charge, one there and two higher up into the mesocyclone and really fuck it up. It really surprises me no one has tried this. They could sell a tornado rocket defense system to cities and communities. Blow the fuckers out of the sky. BOOM.

Never a bad idea: blowing shit up and saving lives. They could put color traces in it plus some sparklers and make the detonation really pretty. What could be cooler than blowing the livin' snot out of a tornado with a really BIG boom! Take THAT Mother Nature!

Last edited:
View attachment 260855

• You’ll die.
See? Nothing good.”

Not sure its so bad an idea. I mean, a good tornado would probably stop a bullet and if it got through at all, it would be deflected without much froward energy left. So I don't see where it can hurt. Meantime, it is a smaller version of an idea I've had for years. When a tornado developed, they shoot a pretty big bomb up at just below where the funnel comes out of the cloud---- the explosion should break up the funnel and disrupt it entirely causing it to collapse. It likely wouldn't reform or would have a hard time reorganizing for a while. As strong as those winds are, they are no match for the force of an irresistible large-scale chemical explosion. For really big storms they could launch a triple charge, one there and two higher up into the mesocyclone and really fuck it up. It really surprises me no one has tried this. They could sell a tornado rocket defense system to cities and communities. Blow the fuckers out of the sky. BOOM.

Never a bad idea: blowing shit up and saving lives. They could put color traces in it plus some sparklers and make the detonation really pretty. What could be cooler than blowing the livin' snot out of a tornado with a really BIG boom! Take THAT Mother Nature!
You might get lucky and hit some sharks. On the other hand, if you lose your gun in the tornado now you’ve got armed sharks.

It's not a good idea to get close enough to a tornado to get hit by a flying tractor. I'm sure every citizen in Kansas understands that concept. Claiming that a tornado will snatch a gun out of your hand and shoot at the neighbors is something out of the Wizard of Oz.

There will be bullets on that tornado that might come out going wild and faster than when it went in.

My question is why are the tornadoes shot at in the first place when shooting at it will not make it go away or change direction?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back