Kavanaugh/Ford Opinion Thread Merge -- Tuesday Sept 25th 2018

Are Establishment GOP Operatives Throwing The Kavanaugh SCOTUS Nomination?

• Yes

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • I am undecided, but they are turning this in to a circus.

Votes: 13 40.6%

• Total voters
This isn't criminal law, there is no presumption of innocence.
There is ALWAYS a presumption of innocence.

Accusations that are false for the purpose of interfering with the government ARE criminal. The special council just recently filed conspiracy charges for just that sort of thing.
No, the there is no legal presumption of innocence anywhere except criminal law. No one is making false accusations.
It is a sacred American value that everyone is considered innocent. That is why the burden of proof lays with the accuser. That is also why we have slander laws.

It is unAmerican to presume guilt on the basis of an unfounded accusation.
Isn't that exactly what you are doing to Ford and Ramirez?

Except that, unlike their accusations against Kavanaugh, our criticisms of them have evidence.
Like what?

So you think telling women you dont believe them and you wont investigate rape claims is a winning strategy? I knew you repubs were ignorant but this takes the cake.

Typical libtard disingenuous and dishonesty, you can't could tell a truth if someone were about to drop you in boiling water. Where does it say "don't investigate?" The statement "believe the survivors" is unconditional. Wait till someone says something about your son. If you are capable of producing one.

So you think telling women you dont believe them and you wont investigate rape claims is a winning strategy? I knew you repubs were ignorant but this takes the cake.

Typical libtard disingenuous and dishonesty, you can't could tell a truth if someone were about to drop you in boiling water. Where does it say "don't investigate?"
What are whining about then? Why should we get rid of courts?

From someone that should have been prosecuted over his STOLEN VALOR claiming he served in Vietnam, this asswipe wants to turn our legal system completely around, just because of his terminal TDS!!!

SENATOR BLUMENTHAL (D-CT): We're talking about a lifetime appointment to the nation's highest court that will make a real difference in real people's lives for generations, literally generations to come with this appointment. And so we have a constitutional duty to get to the bottom of these allegations. They are serious, and credible, and now the person with the most knowledge about them, namely Judge Brett Kavanaugh has a responsibility to come forward with evidence to rebut them. They have control over whether to have an investigation...

NOAH ROTHMAN, COMMENTARY MAGAZINE: Senator, your colleague, Senator Mazie Hirono over the weekend was asked whether the presumption of innocence was due to Brett Kavanaugh. She replied by saying, 'I take his entire philosophy,' essentially saying his judicial philosophy also formed her opinion about whether or not these events occurred as alleged by these two accusers....

(Excerpt) Read more at realclearpolitics.com ..

BLUMENTHAL.jpg
This isn't criminal law. No presumption of innocence is required.

What is sexual assault if not criminal, I hear and see attempted rape bandied about what is attempted rape if not criminal, some have even gone so far as to
cry rape what is rape if not criminal? Stop displaying your ignorance and stfu.
There have been no charges filed, no talk of it either. Plus this should be outside statute of limitations.

I won't tell you to shut the fuck up, but I will ask you to use your brain for something besides keeping your ears apart.

The kid couldn't get laid to save his life. That's his defense. Somehow, I just don't find him credible.
but you find someone who can't remember where and when and who credible? Is that really what you're saying?

I bet the bitch doesn't even remember what color underwear she was wearing.

The stupidity surrounding these Kavanaugh accusations has gotten out of hand. Is there a man in your life you care about? How would you feel if he was accused of rape by someone in high school who can’t remember ANYTHING about the encounter besides that HE was the perpetrator? What would you think? Would you factor in your political leanings to decide if he was guilty or not? Would you think, “Well hey, men rape women all the time and rapes go unreported all the time, so he must be guilty”?
And his daughters have to hear all this crap too.

Typical libtard disingenuous and dishonesty, you can't could tell a truth if someone were about to drop you in boiling water. Where does it say "don't investigate?"

Go back to Playstation this discussion is over your head.

Not all of us were busy bumping uglies before we got pubes. Some of us waited.
I even turned down offers because I didn't want to have to explain to my parents why I knocked somebody up before marriage. Some of us are able to control ourselves. This is a great defense, because sex was the last thing Judge Kavanaugh or myself was thinking about in a relationship.

It’s a good defense because no one is going to claim to be a virgin if it’s not true when it’s easily disprovable

And if someone steps forward to say that she had sex with Kav when they were 18, everyone will say she's a lying slut who doesn't know who she fucked because she was drunk.

No one will. Aside from the accuser every woman he has know who has come forward says he was a gentleman

Perhaps not all. Starting to get a better picture on this Debbie Ramirez. At first her story didn't really add up to me. I was worried it was just a pile-on because the descriptions have been pretty odd, and I haven't given it any credence so far. But it turns out that Ramirez wasn't the one who even came forward. The origin is a group of Yale alumni who were talking about the incident back in July and eventually brought it to the New Yorker.

Now it makes sense why Ramirez would have given these weird "I vaguely remember something like this, something like that" statements. The reporters came to her, not the other way around. The Ramirez story suddenly appears much more credible. And clearly, not everyone who knew Kav back in the day thought he was much of a gentleman.

The first source of the New Yorker bombshell wasn’t Deborah Ramirez. It was Yale alumni.

No. That makes the Ramirez story less credible.
It took Ramirez 6 days of talking to lawyers to decide the black holes in her drunken stupor memory = Kav.
Her story has even less veracity than Fords.

...and save tons of money. No need for evidence, cross examination, discovery process, trials. By saying someone is a "survivor" that makes them one. Believe every accuser and let a person prove himself or herself innocent. If they can. It's their problem. May as well extend it to other crimes too.

This is the logical outcome of taking this position.

The left has gone full stupid. Even if you hate Trump, who could abide by this? How much lower can the Left Idiocracy go?

NATHAN-CHAN-Ghomeshi-March-Rally-and-Verdict-Ghomeshi-March-on-March-24th-940x627.jpg
Given the idiocy of the thread premise, you’re in no position to refer to others as ‘stupid.’

And the thread premise is a perfect example of the ignorance common to most conservatives.

The issue has nothing to do with the law or the courts – this isn’t a criminal matter, no one is being accused of violating the law.

Brett is all about honesty and fairness and facts. Except now. Those facts we don’t want.

Yep, sounds just like a Republican supreme court justice.

Go back to Playstation this discussion is over your head.
So you admit you fucked up and cant answer the question. You repubs always say something dumb and then get mad when we mock you. :laugh:

It’s a good defense because no one is going to claim to be a virgin if it’s not true when it’s easily disprovable

And if someone steps forward to say that she had sex with Kav when they were 18, everyone will say she's a lying slut who doesn't know who she fucked because she was drunk.

No one will. Aside from the accuser every woman he has know who has come forward says he was a gentleman

Perhaps not all. Starting to get a better picture on this Debbie Ramirez. At first her story didn't really add up to me. I was worried it was just a pile-on because the descriptions have been pretty odd, and I haven't given it any credence so far. But it turns out that Ramirez wasn't the one who even came forward. The origin is a group of Yale alumni who were talking about the incident back in July and eventually brought it to the New Yorker.

Now it makes sense why Ramirez would have given these weird "I vaguely remember something like this, something like that" statements. The reporters came to her, not the other way around. The Ramirez story suddenly appears much more credible. And clearly, not everyone who knew Kav back in the day thought he was much of a gentleman.

The first source of the New Yorker bombshell wasn’t Deborah Ramirez. It was Yale alumni.

It took Ramirez 6 days of talking to lawyers to decide the black holes in her drunken stupor memory = Kav.

You know she didn’t come forward on her own, right? She was actually approached by the reporter.

Except James Roche. Brett’s roommate at Yale says he believes Ramirez. Why? He says because Kavanaugh was a belligerent drunk.

Kavanaugh said he never got drunk.

Brett is all about honesty and fairness and facts. Except now. Those facts we don’t want.

What’s facts don’t we want? All names witnesses have gone on the record under oath saying nothing the victim Said happened. Kavanaugh has gone on the record under oath and denied the allegations.

The only one who hasn’t gone under oath is the alleged victim. Why do you think that is?

Who doesn't get laid in High School or by Junior year in college????? What 10-15%. The guy was not physically unatractive, had a party life, had money, Why???

Was he getting drunk so he would be attracted to girls????? Maybe Mike Pence should reconsider his pick?

AC Green, Lolo Jones, Tim Tebow, Russell Wilson, Jessica Simpson, Jordin Sparks, Tina Fey, Phillip Rivers, Ricardo Kaká Leite, Michael Redd, Prince Amukamara,

There ya go.

Were they drunken partiers too?

Moving the goal post cuz your original question sucked? Now swallow.

The kid couldn't get laid to save his life. That's his defense. Somehow, I just don't find him credible.
but you find someone who can't remember where and when and who credible? Is that really what you're saying?

I bet the bitch doesn't even remember what color underwear she was wearing.

The stupidity surrounding these Kavanaugh accusations has gotten out of hand. Is there a man in your life you care about? How would you feel if he was accused of rape by someone in high school who can’t remember ANYTHING about the encounter besides that HE was the perpetrator? What would you think? Would you factor in your political leanings to decide if he was guilty or not? Would you think, “Well hey, men rape women all the time and rapes go unreported all the time, so he must be guilty”?
And his daughters have to hear all this crap too.
It’s a good idea they should know what happens to a woman who is drunk around their father.

What’s facts don’t we want? All names witnesses have gone on the record under oath saying nothing the victim Said happened. Kavanaugh has gone on the record under oath and denied the allegations.

The only one who hasn’t gone under oath is the alleged victim. Why do you think that is?
Except Mark judge and James Roach.

Oops, I guess we forgot about them.

Who doesn't get laid in High School or by Junior year in college????? What 10-15%. The guy was not physically unatractive, had a party life, had money, Why???

Was he getting drunk so he would be attracted to girls????? Maybe Mike Pence should reconsider his pick?

AC Green, Lolo Jones, Tim Tebow, Russell Wilson, Jessica Simpson, Jordin Sparks, Tina Fey, Phillip Rivers, Ricardo Kaká Leite, Michael Redd, Prince Amukamara,

There ya go.

Were they drunken partiers too?

I don't know much about most of them, but I know for a fact that Tina Fey's own admission is that she waited until she was married because of her own lack of self esteem. She's only had one relationship in her life, which is with her now husband. And to this day she insists it's because nobody else would want her.

Maybe that's Kav's excuse. He was insecure about Brett Jr. being man enough to please a woman and he was too shy and embarrassed to be interested in getting down. Maybe that's why he drank so much and was apparently such an aggressive drunk. He was full of self loathing.

You know, I started off joking, but that sounds more and more like a sexual predator in the making.

Some one who wants to save themselves until they are ready are sexual predators in the making?

Good God bitch, do you ever even listen to yourself?

Or can’t you hear with Dick in your ears?

Forum List

Back