🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Kavanaugh/Ford Opinon threads from Saturday, Sept 23, 2018

Will Ford Actually Make The Hearing On Thursday?

• Yes

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 36 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
after 8 years of obama, you suddenly care about a lie.

got it.

After 8 years of Obama you still believe lies told about him by the alt right and right wing media.
Obama lied to the American people when he promised us we could keep our doctor and our insurance premiums would not go up. Obama lied about Obamacare and even the guy that drew it up admitted it.

Trump has told over 5,000 lies in less than two years. And you guys keep talking about one comment.

Oh...so now a blatant lie becomes a "comment", IM2? A deliberate lie told to mislead millions of Americans as to what would happen to their healthcare? Yes...we keep talking about that! Why? Because it was one of the biggest lies ever told by an American President!

Actually it was not one of the biggest lies ever told by a American president. Millions of people signed up for Obamacare, their premiums were not prohibitive, they kept their doctors and today millions still fight to keep it.

You are the liar.

LOL...what did I lie about? Millions of Americans lost the healthcare plans they liked and had to sign up for others that they didn't. Millions of Americans lost access to the doctors that they liked. With all due respect, IM2 telling that lie that affected that many people and telling it KNOWING that you were lying makes what Obama did one of the biggest lies ever told! PERIOD!!!

There are probably approximately 320 million people in this country that he has not sexually assaulted. Let them all write letters. It doesn't mean he didn't sexually assault her.
The ones that are standing up for him knew him in high school, college and throughout his career

And the correct answer to how many Americans he never assaulted? All of them

There are probably approximately 320 million people in this country that he has not sexually assaulted. Let them all write letters. It doesn't mean he didn't sexually assault her.
The ones that are standing up for him knew him in high school, college and throughout his career

So you've made your decision. Okay.

we know bill did it.

you HOPE kavanaugh did it.

big difference.

We know Monica bragged about having sex on 9 occasions with Clinton to Linda Tripp. That means she wanted to sex Clinton. What we are hearing from the women accusing Kavanaugh, they were telling him to stop. That's the difference. Consensual sex=Clinton. Attempted rape=Kavanaugh.
We know Bill had sex with Monica because he admitted it. How do you know Kavanaugh forced himself on these two women?

The women are saying it and as I am a man I am not gong to be blind and just say it can't happen because another man says he didn't do it. That kind of behavior is done by some men especially as drunk teenagers and college students. Kavanaugh could be one of them. Do you really expect for him to admit to this especially since he knows it's going to cost him a lifetime job?

He could be one of them? That's your base of proof, IM2? He could be the next Pope! He could be an alien sent from the planet Krypton! You've got women with an obvious liberal bias accusing a man of sexual assaults at the 11th hour of a confirmation hearing that liberals have been trying to derail with any means possible since it began! How about this "could"! You liberals "could" be smearing an innocent man because you don't want a conservative seated on the Supreme Court! You "could" be using women who feel that lying to keep him off the court is a moral thing to do!

Sorry but conservatives have been confirmed before in recent years when the senate was majority democrat.
Not when the balance of power has been at stake

To be fair, we haven't confirmed a democratic appointee under the same circumstances either

This is political payback for Garland and a fight for the idealogical makeup of the court

Clinton cheated on his wife with willing women. Kavanaugh tried to force sex on women. Both are scumbags if we use your standards..
we know bill did it.

big difference.

We know Monica bragged about having sex on 9 occasions with Clinton to Linda Tripp. That means she wanted to sex Clinton. What we are hearing from the women accusing Kavanaugh, they were telling him to stop. That's the difference. Consensual sex=Clinton. Attempted rape=Kavanaugh.
We know Bill had sex with Monica because he admitted it. How do you know Kavanaugh forced himself on these two women?

The women are saying it and as I am a man I am not gong to be blind and just say it can't happen because another man says he didn't do it. That kind of behavior is done by some men especially as drunk teenagers and college students. Kavanaugh could be one of them. Do you really expect for him to admit to this especially since he knows it's going to cost him a lifetime job?
You have no proof. You don't really understand "due process". When you accuse someone of something, you have to prove it. That's our system.

I think that is why Ford is asking for a FBI investigation. Now what proof do you have that Kavanaugh did not do this?

That wouldn't do it. How many haters will say Thomas is a decent person because the FBI investigation didn't find anything incriminating? No matter what happens the usual suspects will say Kavenaugh is a rapist the rest of his life.
True. And for that reason, their are Republicans as well as Independents saying he should have stepped down.
because of an unfounded accusation?

yea, i have to sit and ponder where you stand on this. my bad.
Shut up, you pesky pain in the ass. Pull my content for the past 72 hours and scan for Kavanaugh threads. Read them and THEN tell me what I think.
I don't need to, my expectation is that you have been reasonable, but are still calling for an investigation

I say no, because there is nothing to investigate

She gives no details that would even allow for an investigation

All of her witnesses have denied that they have any knowledge of poor behavior by Kavanaugh

Over 200 character witnesses have stood up, what do they have in common? They are all standing up for him. Not one has come forward to support her

Time to vote, we want this fight
I did think an investigation would be appropriate, but that is not going to happen. It will be sheer theater, a he said/she said piece of reality tv that will prove nothing. It is probably not going to change anyone's mind that has already decided, and it is not going to help much for those of us who want to listen to the hearing before making a judgment. My guess is that I will never know. What's sad is that no one will. It's a shame.

What would be "appropriate" is for the accusers to have come forward earlier and with some sort of evidence that a crime took place. A drunken memory of something that happened decades ago is not evidence. There is a palpable STENCH coming from all of this and now the sleaziest man on the planet, Michael Avenatti has joined in! Liberals are going to have to bathe in bleach when this is all over to get the smell off!

we know bill did it.

big difference.

You have no proof. You don't really understand "due process". When you accuse someone of something, you have to prove it. That's our system.

I think that is why Ford is asking for a FBI investigation. Now what proof do you have that Kavanaugh did not do this?
Ford is asking for an FBI investigation to delay the confirmation until after the mid term elections! It's obvious to anyone with half a brain that this "he said - she said" thing was never a Federal crime...nor was there ever enough evidence for it to be a local crime! This is an eleventh hour maneuver to stop Donald Trump from seating another conservative on the Supreme Court.

So you've made your decision. Okay.
Her allegations are ridiculous

her witnesses deny her story, even her lifelong friend

he has led a life demonstrating high character

I will share a personal story and leave it at that

my wife was a waitress at one of the top restaurants in Birmingham roughly 25 years ago

The rule at her restaurant was that NO ONE was allowed in the building alone with the cash register

One night, just after closing time, the manager had forgotten to drop the cash into the safe, everyone had just walked outside and was about to leave

He asked my wife to walk back inside and accompany him as he dropped the night's cash receipts into the safe, and she agreed

Once inside, he got fresh with her. He pawed at her, aggressively tried to kiss her and groped her

She freaked out and pushed him away. Then she ran and locked herself in the bathroom. She was truly nervous and didn't know what to do.

After a few minutes, he came to the door and knocked. He told her he was sorry and that she was safe. He told her that he thought she wanted to be with him since she followed him back into the building alone.

She came out, he was remorseful and embarrassed.

Based on the standard that Democrats want to apply to Kavanaugh, he was a creep and should never be considered for high office or position (if he was a Republican anyway)

My interpretation? He misread her interest. He saw "buying signs" that weren't there

Where are we as a society? I want real creeps shut down. But I also want people to have a chance at forgiveness

In my mind, the guy did nothing wrong. The fact that he backed off means it was a situation of misinterpreted interest.

We all need to calm down

What we see with Kav has everything to do with the balance of ideological power on SCOTUS

Nothing more, nothing less

He could be one of them? That's your base of proof, IM2? He could be the next Pope! He could be an alien sent from the planet Krypton! You've got women with an obvious liberal bias accusing a man of sexual assaults at the 11th hour of a confirmation hearing that liberals have been trying to derail with any means possible since it began! How about this "could"! You liberals "could" be smearing an innocent man because you don't want a conservative seated on the Supreme Court! You "could" be using women who feel that lying to keep him off the court is a moral thing to do!

Sorry but conservatives have been confirmed before in recent years when the senate was majority democrat.

To be fair, we haven't confirmed a democratic appointee under the same circumstances either
This is political payback for Garland and a fight for the idealogical makeup of the court

Well republicans should have let Garland have a hearing. Don't start whining about politics after you pull a poliical stunt yourself. The reason Garland was refused was so there would be a majority conservative court. You reap what you sow. Republicans are getting what they deserve.

we know bill did it.

big difference.

The accused does not have to prove their innocence. You really need to learn some basics of our judicial system. Where are you from, Bezerkistan?

Her allegations are ridiculous

That's for the FBI to investigate and a committee (or court) to decide on.

Anything else, especially with other accusers showing up, is interference of due process and extreme partisan bullying from Mr 'UNITER in chief'/'Grab them by the pussy'Trump... the prez of the divided states of 'Merica.

A presumption of ridiculousness without due process of serious allegations, paves the way to crass dictatorship 'a la' Putin.

Ford is asking for an FBI investigation to delay the confirmation until after the mid term elections! It's obvious to anyone with half a brain that this "he said - she said" thing was never a Federal crime...nor was there ever enough evidence for it to be a local crime! This is an eleventh hour maneuver to stop Donald Trump from seating another conservative on the Supreme Court.

I doubt if that's the reason Ford is doing this. If he vote was held today Kavanaugh might not make it.

Well republicans should have let Garland have a hearing.
Maybe, I tend to lean towards agreeing with this, but understand that SCOTUS is a political football

This does not justify the character assassination of a good man nor the vile threats his wife and children have been exposed to

That's for the FBI to investigate
No it's not, this is not a federal matter

Democrats have their own investigators, and they sat on this for two months

It's obvious what is going on

I want a vote and I want a fight (political) over this

Republicans will win on this one

The accused does not have to prove their innocence. You really need to learn some basics of our judicial system. Where are you from, Bezerkistan?

Hate to tell you but if you are accused of a crime, you do have to prove you didn't do it.

Well republicans should have let Garland have a hearing. Don't start whining about politics after you pull a poliical stunt yourself. The reason Garland was refused was so there would be a majority conservative court. You reap what you sow. Republicans are getting what they deserve.
so this isnt about kavanaugh or his accuser.

its revenge politics.

which means you dont believe the shit you say but you feel the other side deserves this treatment.

Well republicans should have let Garland have a hearing.
Maybe, I tend to lean towards agreeing with this, but understand that SCOTUS is a political football

This does not justify the character assassination of a good man nor the vile threats his wife and children have been exposed to

Boh people are facing character assassination and threats.

But, it's not going to work. Kavenaugh is squeaky clean and the allegations against him are false. I predict he will be on the Supreme Court within a month.

If you know of a murder, you should call the cops.

Sounds like you're condemning Ford for not reporting something.

That response was intended for another post. I'm not sure how it ended up under your remark.

Fair enough. Thanks.

You don't go into an arena like this without a sword or a shield. "Blowsie" Ford came forward and had to move out of her house with death threats as a bonus.
The FBI could have prevented the 'SHIT STORM' but emperor Trump likes reality shows and a good fight in the Roman Colosseum.

A judge with presidential (5000 lies) and house support VS Christine Blasey Ford, the #metoo movement and democrats.
Carl Bernstein calls it: a Cold Civil War
maxresdefault.jpg

Hate to tell you but if you are accused of a crime, you do have to prove you didn't do it.
No, you don't. The prosecuting attorney presents EVIDENCE to a jury and they decide from the EVIDENCE if you are guilty. If the jury thinks there isn't enough evidence that you committed a crime, then you are free. Haven't you ever heard of "innocent until PROVEN guilty"? You really are an idiot.

Forum List

Back