🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Kavanaugh/Ford Opinon threads from Saturday, Sept 23, 2018

Will Ford Actually Make The Hearing On Thursday?

• Yes

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 36 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The women are saying it and as I am a man I am not gong to be blind and just say it can't happen because another man says he didn't do it. That kind of behavior is done by some men especially as drunk teenagers and college students. Kavanaugh could be one of them. Do you really expect for him to admit to this especially since he knows it's going to cost him a lifetime job?

He could be one of them? That's your base of proof, IM2? He could be the next Pope! He could be an alien sent from the planet Krypton! You've got women with an obvious liberal bias accusing a man of sexual assaults at the 11th hour of a confirmation hearing that liberals have been trying to derail with any means possible since it began! How about this "could"! You liberals "could" be smearing an innocent man because you don't want a conservative seated on the Supreme Court! You "could" be using women who feel that lying to keep him off the court is a moral thing to do!

Sorry but conservatives have been confirmed before in recent years when the senate was majority democrat.
Not when the balance of power has been at stake

To be fair, we haven't confirmed a democratic appointee under the same circumstances either
This is political payback for Garland and a fight for the idealogical makeup of the court

Well republicans should have let Garland have a hearing. Don't start whining about politics after you pull a poliical stunt yourself. The reason Garland was refused was so there would be a majority conservative court. You reap what you sow. Republicans are getting what they deserve.
so this isnt about kavanaugh or his accuser.

its revenge politics.

which means you dont believe the shit you say but you feel the other side deserves this treatment.

You don't get to ignore what republicans did to make this claim. They refused to do their constitutional duty to deny a president his right to nominate a supreme court justice and they held up or denied appointments of countless federal judges.

We know Bill had sex with Monica because he admitted it. How do you know Kavanaugh forced himself on these two women?

The women are saying it and as I am a man I am not gong to be blind and just say it can't happen because another man says he didn't do it. That kind of behavior is done by some men especially as drunk teenagers and college students. Kavanaugh could be one of them. Do you really expect for him to admit to this especially since he knows it's going to cost him a lifetime job?
You have no proof. You don't really understand "due process". When you accuse someone of something, you have to prove it. That's our system.

I think that is why Ford is asking for a FBI investigation. Now what proof do you have that Kavanaugh did not do this?
The accused does not have to prove their innocence. You really need to learn some basics of our judicial system. Where are you from, Bezerkistan?

Hate to tell you but if you are accused of a crime, you do have to prove you didn't do it.
folks are seeing that the left wants to make this so

that is why we are fighting, that is wht the blue wave is hurt by this situation

You really need to stop assuming things because Rush Limbaugh tells you how you should think. I believe in God and Jesus. So there goes that lie. What I do not believe, is the right wing interpretation of God.
and you need to stop believing random accusers.

Well the thing here is that Kavanaugh actually did lie to the senate during these confirmation hearings.
No, he didn't. You have evidence to back that accusation up.

Five times Brett Kavanaugh appears to have lied to Congress while under oath
Those are partisan opinions. No proof.

Seriously. Courts and the Congress hate bring lied to. If it was such a slam dunk that he lied under oath, we wouldn't have even heard of Ford because the democrats would be out 24/7 screaming about it. The fact that they're not either means that they don't think he did, they're idiots that can't figure it out while partisan internet keyboard jockeys can, or both.

Which is why we must believe the true victims in this ordeal - Brett Kavanaugh, his wife, and his children.
Seriously... they are the true victims here. For someone to smear a decent person like Brett Kavanaugh with allegations of sexual assault and rape KNOWING it's not true, you truly have to be the scum of the Earth. Potentially ruining a good man's career, reputation, and relationship with his wife and his children with a lie, is disgusting.
I've never been so disgusted with politics in my life. And all of the politicians going along with it knowing full well it's a load of crap, purely for political reasons, is repulsive.
I call it payback time for Dems. You'd be in a steaming fit if you couldn't fill a supreme court seat because of a guy like Bitch McConnell and his evangelical choir back in 2016. Welcome to partisan politics.... extreme version.

Why Democrats Want Want to Wait to Replace Anthony Kennedy
Since Republicans controlled the Senate, Obama’s pick, Merrick Garland, never made it to the Supreme Court; he never even had Senate confirmation hearings. Instead, the seat remained vacant until President Donald Trump nominated Neil Gorsuch, who was sworn in in April 2017.

In the current context, Brett Kavanaugh will never be a DECENT person until an FBI investigation is triggered. (Anita Hill maybe?)

That wouldn't do it. How many haters will say Thomas is a decent person because the FBI investigation didn't find anything incriminating? No matter what happens the usual suspects will say Kavenaugh is a rapist the rest of his life.
True. And for that reason, there are Republicans as well as Independents saying he should have stepped down.

That would ensure this would happen to virtually anyone nominated. Keep slapping a label on them and you can get them to step down.

You have no proof. You don't really understand "due process". When you accuse someone of something, you have to prove it. That's our system.

I think that is why Ford is asking for a FBI investigation. Now what proof do you have that Kavanaugh did not do this?
The accused does not have to prove their innocence. You really need to learn some basics of our judicial system. Where are you from, Bezerkistan?

Hate to tell you but if you are accused of a crime, you do have to prove you didn't do it.
No, you don't. The prosecuting attorney presents EVIDENCE to a jury and they decide from the EVIDENCE if you are guilty. If the jury thinks there isn't enough evidence that you committed a crime, then you are free. Haven't you ever heard of "innocent until PROVEN guilty"? You really are an idiot.

I guess there is such thing as a defense attorney. And the defense never has to prepare a case.

folks are seeing that the left wants to make this so
that is why we are fighting, that is wht the blue wave is hurt by this situation

The blue wave LOL.
There wouldn't be a blue wave if Twitter didn't exist to expose the extent of Trump's dementia and pathological lying disorder.
Not to mention an 'over the top' narcissism only last seen when Nero played violin while Rome was burning.

G.W. Bush !!!! We miss you dearly !!!

No, you don't. The prosecuting attorney presents EVIDENCE to a jury and they decide from the EVIDENCE if you are guilty. If the jury thinks there isn't enough evidence that you committed a crime, then you are free. Haven't you ever heard of "innocent until PROVEN guilty"? You really are an idiot.

I guess there is such thing as a defense attorney. And the defense never has to prepare a case.
Of course you have to defend yourself, but you don't have to PROVE anything. You really are stupid. The accuser has to PROVE their charges.

He could be one of them? That's your base of proof, IM2? He could be the next Pope! He could be an alien sent from the planet Krypton! You've got women with an obvious liberal bias accusing a man of sexual assaults at the 11th hour of a confirmation hearing that liberals have been trying to derail with any means possible since it began! How about this "could"! You liberals "could" be smearing an innocent man because you don't want a conservative seated on the Supreme Court! You "could" be using women who feel that lying to keep him off the court is a moral thing to do!

Sorry but conservatives have been confirmed before in recent years when the senate was majority democrat.

To be fair, we haven't confirmed a democratic appointee under the same circumstances either
This is political payback for Garland and a fight for the idealogical makeup of the court

Well republicans should have let Garland have a hearing. Don't start whining about politics after you pull a poliical stunt yourself. The reason Garland was refused was so there would be a majority conservative court. You reap what you sow. Republicans are getting what they deserve.

its revenge politics.

which means you dont believe the shit you say but you feel the other side deserves this treatment.

You don't get to ignore what republicans did to make this claim. They refused to do their constitutional duty to deny a president his right to nominate a supreme court justice and they held up or denied appointments of countless federal judges.
why not? you ignore biden saying lame duck presidents cant appoint judges.

revenge politics assumes only the other side isnt fair when by this point it all sucks and needs to end.

and you need to stop believing random accusers.

Well the thing here is that Kavanaugh actually did lie to the senate during these confirmation hearings.

Seriously. Courts and the Congress hate bring lied to. If it was such a slam dunk that he lied under oath, we wouldn't have even heard of Ford because the democrats would be out 24/7 screaming about it. The fact that they're not either means that they don't think he did, they're idiots that can't figure it out while partisan internet keyboard jockeys can, or both.

The democrats are. Since the majority of the committee are republicans and they want so bad to have a conservative super majority on the court they are not going to complain about the lies. None of the republicans followed up on these questions and as Kavanaugh was lying the republicans on the committee were trying real hard to stop the questioning.

Of course you have to defend yourself, but you don't have to PROVE anything. You really are stupid. The accuser has to PROVE their charges.

If you are defending yourself you can't do it without proof.

We know Bill had sex with Monica because he admitted it. How do you know Kavanaugh forced himself on these two women?

Two wrongs make a right, and it's okay to destroy one man because another was treated unfairly? Not a good world to live in.

its revenge politics.

why not? you ignore biden saying lame duck presidents cant appoint judges.

revenge politics assumes only the other side isnt fair when by this point it all sucks and needs to end.

I'm not ignoring Boden saying anything. A president is not a lame duck in February of an election year. A president is a lame duck after the new president has been elected.

You don't if the accusation leaves reasonable doubt. That's why in a lot of cases the defendant doesn't even testify. Also why the defendant goes last. He has to hear the case against him so he can defend against it.

Two wrongs make a right, and it's okay to destroy one man because another was treated unfairly? Not a good world to live in.

Don't come to me with that weak stuff after you support the first wrong that was committed. There is one thing that can clear Kavanaughs name and that's an investigation. If I was Kavanaugh and innocent, I'd be saying bring it on.

Of course they prepare a case, but all they need to do is raise reasonable doubt, not outright prove innocence. That's why character witnesses are so important. If hundreds of people are willing to swear that they know you well and do not believe that you would ever do what you're accused of doing, it makes the prosecution's task that much harder. And in this case, they make Ford's story less believable.

You don't if the accusation leaves reasonable doubt. That's why in a lot of cases the defendant doesn't even testify. Also why the defendant goes last. He has to hear the case against him so he can defend against it.

Yes after the defense presents its evidence that attempts to show the defendant didn't do it. I do believe the prosecution can call the defendant. The jury deliberates to figure out if there is reasonable doubt.

The democrats are. Since the majority of the committee are republicans and they want so bad to have a conservative super majority on the court they are not going to complain about the lies. None of the republicans followed up on these questions and as Kavanaugh was lying the republicans on the committee were trying real hard to stop the questioning.

Democrats love a good victim story. Why haven't we seen them non stop on TV insisting he lied under oath and that they were railroaded? Lying under oath is serious business, and a much more valuable tool than a poorly remembered decades old allegation of sexual assault by a minor.

Of course they prepare a case, but all they need to do is raise reasonable doubt, not outright prove innocence. That's why character witnesses are so important. If hundreds of people are willing to swear that they know you well and do not believe that you would ever do what you're accused of doing, it makes the prosecution's task that much harder. And in this case, they make Ford's story less believable.

Only to you. Because you wan it to. Hundreds of people were not at those parties and only the people who witnessed the events count.

Democrats love a good victim story. Why haven't we seen them non stop on TV insisting he lied under oath and that they were railroaded? Lying under oath is serious business, and a much more valuable tool than a poorly remembered decades old allegation of sexual assault by a minor.

Republicans have been playing the victim since at least Reagan. This case is another example of it.

If you are defending yourself you can't do it without proof.

It's a heck of a lot easier, to be sure, but consider: if the prosection says you robbed a store and all they had for evidence was a poor quality vid cap of a guy about your size wearing a hoodie like you do from a security camera, you can simply say, "that could be any one of dozens of guys that wear hoodies that come into that store". You don't have to offer evidence, you don't have to prove where you were, you just have to introduce enough doubt.

Forum List

Back