Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Acquiring a firearm is and never has been a crime. It's every American Citizen's Constitutional right. However, we do have laws set up to make sure Citizens do it legally. If you acquire a firearm by way of non-legal means, you are a criminal. And it's time law enforcement starts focusing on those people. Law abiding Citizens should not be the targets.

Think about what you've posted. If a license to own guns is the law, than those who want to buy or sell a gun simply need to verify that the transaction is legal. Provide a bill of sale, which includes the license by each of the participants. Not much different than CA Law which requires a third party broker the transfer.

See:

https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/firearms/pdf/cfl2013.pdf

Look, there's lots of things people do that i don't like. But if it's done legally and it's their Constitutional right, i have to live with it. You hate firearms, i get that. But you're just gonna have to deal with the fact it's American Citizens' Constitutional right to acquire firearms. If you can't deal with that, maybe it's time for you to move to a country that bans firearms. It's your call.

I don't hate firearms, I don't even hate assholes such as M14. I'm intolerant of liars, Like M14 and jerks like M14 & Kaz. Other than liars, callous conservatives and obnoxious sales people I'm quite amicable with decent people

I know I can't fix the stupid or get the willfully ignorant to think, but given the feedback I get from normal people I'm on the right course.

but given the feedback I get from normal people I'm on the right course.

Your blow up doll is not actually a person, and can't communicate with you....you are listening to a voice in your head and you need real medical help. If you have other imaginary friends, a professional, mental healthcare provider can help you with that too.....

I've been very serious in stating you are stupid, yet you continue to prove it. See the post above and below.

Do you curl up and whisper sweet nothing to your blow up doll......

You asked how you know. You don't. And so, you act according to probable cause in that you assume they are unless you have reason to believe otherwise.
So much for your claim of being an LEO.

Would you like me to post my BADGE and DD-214? I won't because I value the privacy of my family, and when I call you obsessed, I'm serious. Too often we've seen obsessed people commit mass murder. I don't know you, but I wouldn't trust you under and condition.

Most LE follows policy, and that policy is called a use of force. Some agents/officers/deputies don't, as we have seen too often in recent months. Most agencies train LE and require that they qualify AND understand the use of force policy on a regular basis.

Most agencies require any sworn or non sworn employee to notify them of an arrest. Failure to do so, or if they do but plead the 5th, they are directed to answer the question or be fired.

You claim to own a gun, I don't believe you. I believe you sit in your bedroom in your parents home and pretend to be something your not - an adult. Probably a high school dropout who wants a gun but has been told by mommy and daddy, "no", because you would probably shot your own eye out.

Even if you are an adult and own firearms you do not have a use of force policy, you are not trained often on the use of force and any new legislation which impacts that policy. We've seen to many accidents when untrained fools kill an innocent person because they were scared or because they wanted to be seen as a hero.

Acquiring a firearm is and never has been a crime. It's every American Citizen's Constitutional right. However, we do have laws set up to make sure Citizens do it legally. If you acquire a firearm by way of non-legal means, you are a criminal. And it's time law enforcement starts focusing on those people. Law abiding Citizens should not be the targets.

Think about what you've posted. If a license to own guns is the law, than those who want to buy or sell a gun simply need to verify that the transaction is legal. Provide a bill of sale, which includes the license by each of the participants. Not much different than CA Law which requires a third party broker the transfer.

See:

Look, there's lots of things people do that i don't like. But if it's done legally and it's their Constitutional right, i have to live with it. You hate firearms, i get that. But you're just gonna have to deal with the fact it's American Citizens' Constitutional right to acquire firearms. If you can't deal with that, maybe it's time for you to move to a country that bans firearms. It's your call.

I don't hate firearms, I don't even hate assholes such as M14. I'm intolerant of liars, Like M14 and jerks like M14 & Kaz. Other than liars, callous conservatives and obnoxious sales people I'm quite amicable with decent people

I know I can't fix the stupid or get the willfully ignorant to think, but given the feedback I get from normal people I'm on the right course.

Um...what did I lie about, asshole?

Would you like me to post my BADGE and DD-214? I won't because I value the privacy of my family, and when I call you obsessed, I'm serious. Too often we've seen obsessed people commit mass murder. I don't know you, but I wouldn't trust you under and condition.

Most LE follows policy, and that policy is called a use of force. Some agents/officers/deputies don't, as we have seen too often in recent months. Most agencies train LE and require that they qualify AND understand the use of force policy on a regular basis.

Most agencies require any sworn or non sworn employee to notify them of an arrest. Failure to do so, or if they do but plead the 5th, they are directed to answer the question or be fired.

You claim to own a gun, I don't believe you. I believe you sit in your bedroom in your parents home and pretend to be something your not - an adult. Probably a high school dropout who wants a gun but has been told by mommy and daddy, "no", because you would probably shot your own eye out.

Even if you are an adult and own firearms you do not have a use of force policy, you are not trained often on the use of force and any new legislation which impacts that policy. We've seen to many accidents when untrained fools kill an innocent person because they were scared or because they wanted to be seen as a hero.

See:

Review your posts, I'm not your recording secretary.

See:

Review your posts, I'm not your recording secretary.

Wow, I'm a liar, you can't point to a lie, I need to find it myself. Have you always shot blanks or are you just losing your manhood now?

I didn't see either of your posts linked above.

That said, thank you for proving you are obsessed with guns, a pathology which may not be a psychosis, but is neurotic to the extreme.

Those who live by the gun, die by the gun (a paraphrase you may now used in your signature line, sans any context - a mendacity of lying by omission of which you have demonstrated a propensity to do).

You watch too much TV, Holmes

Q. [for all] Would you obtain a license if required by your state of all persons who want to, or currently own, a gun;
Licensure of gun owners, for which there is no sound argument, violates the 2nd amendment.
Violate, take to court, win.

There you go, posting an echo of all of your past echoes. That's your usual response and it takes us back pages. Stop being a punk and an asshole, I'm not going to post this again.

• A license is required today to own military style firearms, and the courts have not outlawed such requirements.
  • I've never advocated the denial of a citizen to own a gun unless there is probable cause to do so
  • Probable cause includes convictions for crimes of violence, habitual DUI's, Involuntary civil commitments as a danger to themselves or others, gang affiliation, drug trafficking an sales, rape, sexually battery and other crimes against a person
  • A license is simply a means to show one has had a background check, something done today but not universally. It would allow a private sale assuring the seller that the buyer is not a terrorist, domestic or otherwise.
  • A license can and should be revoked when the licensee has committed and been convicted of any crime by laws requires it
  • A license can and should be suspended when a crime of violence is alleged, and in such a case the matter of any owned firearms will be up to the magistrate before bail or OR is considered.
Now F off; these are my opinions, thus you have no need to whine, piss and moan. This is a forum for all of us to express our opinion.

You have and in too many words have defaulted to The SECOND AMENDMENT. My advice to you to STFU about the Second, least more and more people decide it must be repealed or modified. Your obsession with guns, and that of a few others is to me pathological.

Not one of those prevents a criminal from buying a ... wait for it ... illegal gun. None of them. Which was the OP's point. I know, I am the OP. So at some point are you going to answer the actual question?

How would I are a local LE agent know that your are a law abiding citizen?
Do you have probable cause to believe otherwise? No? There you go.
How does probable cause relate to may comment?
You asked how you know. You don't. And so, you act according to probable cause in that you assume they are unless you have reason to believe otherwise.

Having a gun at home in your safe isn't having a gun to protect yourself

See:

You mean like France? Yeah, then you're safe from guns...

Guys on a Message board don't have an answer on drafting a bill? Well that settles it...There is no solution if one cant be found here by gosh

Actually if you read the op, I didn't ask anyone about "drafting a bill." I asked them to explain their plan.

Once again, a dishonest loaded question ^^^; which has not been addressed by Kaz, M14 or 2aguy:

A question that has a presupposition built in, which implies something but protects the one asking the question from accusations of false claims. It is a form of misleading discourse, and it is a fallacy when the audience does not detect the assumed information implicit in the question, and accepts it as a fact.

I have not accepted the question as fact, it is simply a dishonest effort to limit discourse on gun control.

Asking for a plan is a loaded question?

:wtf:

Do you know what that means? No would be the correct answer

Do you have probable cause to believe otherwise? No? There you go.

See:

You're still only limiting access to guns for honest citizens, you're still begging the question. You can't buy pot at all legally without a bill of sale, yet, viola, pot everywhere. Why isn't that working but gun laws will?

See:

You're still only limiting access to guns for honest citizens, you're still begging the question. You can't buy pot at all legally without a bill of sale, yet, viola, pot everywhere. Why isn't that working but gun laws will?

Your are one sick POS. Totally obsessed with guns, with me and with the lunatic ideology of libertarianism. You use technical terms of which you have no idea of their meaning, and have a mind totally closed to concepts which challenge your beliefs - notice I didn't use the word thinking, because you won't or can't.

The post above shows my opinions have traction (on gun control) and yours are in the minority. That's not indicative of a fool, of course, yet when partnered with an obsession, maybe even a fetish, it's becomes a mental health issue.

Look up Begging the Question and Loaded Question and you might figure out what they actually describe. That you won't, and pretend you are all knowing is one more sign of a mental health issue.

See:

Your are one sick POS. Totally obsessed with guns, with me and with the lunatic ideology of libertarianism. You use technical terms of which you have no idea of their meaning, and have a mind totally closed to concepts which challenge your beliefs - notice I didn't use the word thinking, because you won't or can't.

The post above shows my opinions have traction (on gun control) and yours are in the minority. That's not indicative of a fool, of course, yet when partnered with an obsession, maybe even a fetish, it's becomes a mental health issue.

Look up Begging the Question and Loaded Question and you might figure out what they actually describe. That you won't, and pretend you are all knowing is one more sign of a mental health issue.

Here's a word to look up, deflection. You know how to do it.

Your proposals, registration, waiting periods, background checks, we do all that now and they don't work. How is doing more of what isn't working going to solve the problem?

You have proposes zero to answer the question. Pot is actually illegal. You can't legally buy it, period. Yet ... ask any teenager they'll get you all you want. Every one of your proposals addresses buying a legal gun, none of them address preventing criminals from buying an illegal one

See:

Your proposals, registration, waiting periods, background checks, we do all that now and they don't work. How is doing more of what isn't working going to solve the problem?

You have proposes zero to answer the question. Pot is actually illegal. You can't legally buy it, period. Yet ... ask any teenager they'll get you all you want. Every one of your proposals addresses buying a legal gun, none of them address preventing criminals from buying an illegal one

See:

Looks like the academic community also believes you and others like you are sick puppies:

The Psychology of Gun Ownership

BTW, background checks are not universal at gun shows, if we are to believe the the disagreement between the NRA and National Association for Gun Rights. Below is a source someone like you trusts:

NRA vs. National Association for Gun Rights: How Do They Differ?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Here's a bit more data:

FIREARMS TUTORIAL

"In the U.S. for 2010, there were 31,513 deaths from firearms, distributed as follows by mode of death: Suicide 19,308; Homicide 11,015; Accident 600. This makes firearms injuries one of the top ten causes of death in the U.S. The number of firearms-related injuries in the U.S., both fatal and non-fatal, increased through 1993, declined to 1999, and has remained relatively constant since. However, firearms injuries remain a leading cause of death in the U.S., particularly among youth (CDC, 2001) (Sherry et al, 2012)."

See the graph showing how the US leads in:
Firearms Deaths by Mode of Death for Children <15 Years of Age

Should America just accept the idea that to keep gun manufacturers competitive and in the market place, there is a price that must be paid. The price is the loss of a number of people, some perhaps that should be gone and others, beloved by family including children that we hate to lose. It is a price that must be paid and so far we have not figured out how to keep gun manufacturers in business without paying that price.

See:

See:

Looks like the academic community also believes you and others like you are sick puppies:

The Psychology of Gun Ownership

BTW, background checks are not universal at gun shows, if we are to believe the the disagreement between the NRA and National Association for Gun Rights. Below is a source someone like you trusts:

NRA vs. National Association for Gun Rights: How Do They Differ?

All vendors at gun shows have to do federal background checks.

Forum List

Back