Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Here's a bit more data:

FIREARMS TUTORIAL

"In the U.S. for 2010, there were 31,513 deaths from firearms, distributed as follows by mode of death: Suicide 19,308; Homicide 11,015; Accident 600. This makes firearms injuries one of the top ten causes of death in the U.S. The number of firearms-related injuries in the U.S., both fatal and non-fatal, increased through 1993, declined to 1999, and has remained relatively constant since. However, firearms injuries remain a leading cause of death in the U.S., particularly among youth (CDC, 2001) (Sherry et al, 2012)."

See the graph showing how the US leads in:
Firearms Deaths by Mode of Death for Children <15 Years of Age

Lie. Suicides do not count…..there wre 19,000 non gun suicides in the U.S. in 2013…which means if there were no guns then the other suicides would use what the 19,000 other people used. From the FBI table, there were 8,454 gun murders and from the CDC in 2013 there were 505 accidental gun deaths……

And accidental gun deaths are going down, not up…you are a liar and your sources lie as well.

Here's a bit more data:

FIREARMS TUTORIAL

"In the U.S. for 2010, there were 31,513 deaths from firearms, distributed as follows by mode of death: Suicide 19,308; Homicide 11,015; Accident 600. This makes firearms injuries one of the top ten causes of death in the U.S. The number of firearms-related injuries in the U.S., both fatal and non-fatal, increased through 1993, declined to 1999, and has remained relatively constant since. However, firearms injuries remain a leading cause of death in the U.S., particularly among youth (CDC, 2001) (Sherry et al, 2012)."

Here is the truth….

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Here are the stats on some common types of death....it would be better to start a crusade to teach people how to walk upright...and save them from falling deaths...you would save more lives.....

guns, drowning and poisoning....

If you cared about people....you would push to ban the following...

Cars, Accidental deaths 2013......35,369

Poisons...accidental deaths 2013....38,851

Alcohol...accidental deaths 2013...29,001

gravity....accidental falling deaths 2013...30,208
Accidental drowning.....3,391
Accidental exposure to smoke, fire and flames.....2,760

Accidental gun deaths 2013......505

Accidental gun deaths of children under 14 in 2013....

Under 1 year old: 3

1-4 years old: 27

5-14 years old: 39
Total: 72 ( in a country of 320 million people)

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr63/nvsr63_09.pdf

Then by year accidental gun deaths going down according to CDC final statistics table 10 from 2010-2013...

So...accidental gun deaths have been coming down as more people own and carry guns for self defense....now 12.8 million people actually carry guns for self defense......on their person, and the accidental gun death rate is going down, not up....

Here's a bit more data:

FIREARMS TUTORIAL

Notice the number of deaths for "youth" in the CDC tables…..

Accidental gun deaths of children under 14 in 2013....

Under 1 year old: 3

1-4 years old: 27

5-14 years old: 39
Total: 72 ( in a country of 320 million people)

Should America just accept the idea that to keep gun manufacturers competitive and in the market place, there is a price that must be paid. The price is the loss of a number of people, some perhaps that should be gone and others, beloved by family including children that we hate to lose. It is a price that must be paid and so far we have not figured out how to keep gun manufacturers in business without paying that price.

There were only 8,454 gun murders in the entire United States in 2013. A population of over 320 million people. Almost all of those gun murders occurred in small, multi block areas of major cities, usually under the control of democrats.

Each year on average, 2 million people use guns to stop violent criminal attack and save lives. That is the price of having guns……saving lives and keeping criminals from raping, murdering and robbing innocent men women and children.

Number of accidental gun deaths in 2013….505 In a population of over 320 million people.

Guns are not a problem in the United States, small areas infested with violent criminals are….

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
You asked how you know. You don't. And so, you act according to probable cause in that you assume they are unless you have reason to believe otherwise.
So much for your claim of being an LEO.

Would you like me to post my BADGE and DD-214? I won't because I value the privacy of my family, and when I call you obsessed, I'm serious. Too often we've seen obsessed people commit mass murder. I don't know you, but I wouldn't trust you under and condition.

Most LE follows policy, and that policy is called a use of force. Some agents/officers/deputies don't, as we have seen too often in recent months. Most agencies train LE and require that they qualify AND understand the use of force policy on a regular basis.

Most agencies require any sworn or non sworn employee to notify them of an arrest. Failure to do so, or if they do but plead the 5th, they are directed to answer the question or be fired.

You claim to own a gun, I don't believe you. I believe you sit in your bedroom in your parents home and pretend to be something your not - an adult. Probably a high school dropout who wants a gun but has been told by mommy and daddy, "no", because you would probably shot your own eye out.

Even if you are an adult and own firearms you do not have a use of force policy, you are not trained often on the use of force and any new legislation which impacts that policy. We've seen to many accidents when untrained fools kill an innocent person because they were scared or because they wanted to be seen as a hero.

Acquiring a firearm is and never has been a crime. It's every American Citizen's Constitutional right. However, we do have laws set up to make sure Citizens do it legally. If you acquire a firearm by way of non-legal means, you are a criminal. And it's time law enforcement starts focusing on those people. Law abiding Citizens should not be the targets.

Think about what you've posted. If a license to own guns is the law, than those who want to buy or sell a gun simply need to verify that the transaction is legal. Provide a bill of sale, which includes the license by each of the participants. Not much different than CA Law which requires a third party broker the transfer.

See:

https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/firearms/pdf/cfl2013.pdf

Look, there's lots of things people do that i don't like. But if it's done legally and it's their Constitutional right, i have to live with it. You hate firearms, i get that. But you're just gonna have to deal with the fact it's American Citizens' Constitutional right to acquire firearms. If you can't deal with that, maybe it's time for you to move to a country that bans firearms. It's your call.
I don't hate firearms, I don't even hate assholes such as M14. I'm intolerant of liars, Like M14 and jerks like M14 & Kaz.
Never mind that we both know it is impossible to show where I have lied.
Like all the other anti-gun loons, you can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty; you prove it virtually every time you post.

Here's a bit more data:
FIREARMS TUTORIAL
300,000,000 gun on the US.
8454 gun-related murder sin the US, 2013.
99.999719% of guns in the US are NOT used to murder.
That is, for every gun used in a murder, ~35500 are not.
Better than 71% of violent crime in the US is NOT committed with a gun.
Your point, negated.

Last edited:
Should America just accept the idea that to keep gun manufacturers competitive and in the market place, there is a price that must be paid. The price is the loss of a number of people, some perhaps that should be gone and others, beloved by family including children that we hate to lose. It is a price that must be paid and so far we have not figured out how to keep gun manufacturers in business without paying that price.
Thank you for your mindless nonsense.

Heard all the excuses. American Police have more than enough man-power and fire-power to take on thugs with guns. We're a damn Police State for God's sake. They have every advanced weapon known to man at their disposal. So leave law abiding Citizens alone and focus on taking on the criminals. Do the job. Period, end of story.
How would I are a local LE agent know that your are a law abiding citizen?
Do you have probable cause to believe otherwise? No? There you go.

How does probable cause relate to may comment? It doesn't, thus you have once again asked a stupid question. Do you oppose licensing drivers, doctors, lawyers, contractors or dogs? Does a government need to wait until a driver runs a red light, a lay person does surgery or defends a client. a man or women build a structure which falls and kills someone or a dog bites someone?

Acquiring a firearm the right way is legal, and a Constitutional right. You personally may not like that, but that's irrelevant. There's lots of things people do that i don't care for. But if it's legal and their Constitutional right, so be it. I have to live with it. Those who acquire their firearms illegally, will be dealt with. They're considered criminals. And that's who law enforcement should be focusing on.

What do you mean by "illegally?" I hope you don't mean government approved any more than government needs to approve speech before it's spoken

It's a Constitutional right. Deal with it, or move to a wussy Nanny State country like Great Britain. America's not for everyone. It's a real tough place. Always has been.

Would you like me to post my BADGE and DD-214? I won't because I value the privacy of my family, and when I call you obsessed, I'm serious. Too often we've seen obsessed people commit mass murder. I don't know you, but I wouldn't trust you under and condition.

Most LE follows policy, and that policy is called a use of force. Some agents/officers/deputies don't, as we have seen too often in recent months. Most agencies train LE and require that they qualify AND understand the use of force policy on a regular basis.

Most agencies require any sworn or non sworn employee to notify them of an arrest. Failure to do so, or if they do but plead the 5th, they are directed to answer the question or be fired.

You claim to own a gun, I don't believe you. I believe you sit in your bedroom in your parents home and pretend to be something your not - an adult. Probably a high school dropout who wants a gun but has been told by mommy and daddy, "no", because you would probably shot your own eye out.

Even if you are an adult and own firearms you do not have a use of force policy, you are not trained often on the use of force and any new legislation which impacts that policy. We've seen to many accidents when untrained fools kill an innocent person because they were scared or because they wanted to be seen as a hero.

Acquiring a firearm is and never has been a crime. It's every American Citizen's Constitutional right. However, we do have laws set up to make sure Citizens do it legally. If you acquire a firearm by way of non-legal means, you are a criminal. And it's time law enforcement starts focusing on those people. Law abiding Citizens should not be the targets.

Think about what you've posted. If a license to own guns is the law, than those who want to buy or sell a gun simply need to verify that the transaction is legal. Provide a bill of sale, which includes the license by each of the participants. Not much different than CA Law which requires a third party broker the transfer.

See:

Look, there's lots of things people do that i don't like. But if it's done legally and it's their Constitutional right, i have to live with it. You hate firearms, i get that. But you're just gonna have to deal with the fact it's American Citizens' Constitutional right to acquire firearms. If you can't deal with that, maybe it's time for you to move to a country that bans firearms. It's your call.
I don't hate firearms, I don't even hate assholes such as M14. I'm intolerant of liars, Like M14 and jerks like M14 & Kaz.
Like all the other anti-gun loons, you can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty; you prove it virtually every time you post.

We all see people doing things we disapprove of personally. But if it's legal and a Constitutional right, we have to accept it. That's what a truly free Society is all about. I'm no gun nut, in fact i actually despise some of the camo-wearing assholes i've encountered over the years. They're obsessed numbnuts. They give gun owners a bad name. They embarrass everyone.

That being said, i'll always fiercely defend the right to own a firearm. And those who can't accept it's a Constitutional right, really should consider moving to another country where firearms are banned. It's their call. It really is that simple.

See:

We all see people doing things we disapprove of personally. But if it's legal and a Constitutional right, we have to accept it. That's what a truly free Society is all about. I'm no gun nut, in fact i actually despise some of the camo-wearing assholes i've encountered over the years. They're obsessed numbnuts. They give gun owners a bad name. They embarrass everyone.

That being said, i'll always fiercely defend the right to own a firearm. And those who can't accept it's a Constitutional right, really should consider moving to another country where firearms are banned. It's their call. It really is that simple.
The Second Amendment can be amended and probably some day it might be, but also the Court, at times, adjusts the Constitution to fit the changing times.

The Second Amendment can be amended and probably some day it might be, but also the Court, at times, adjusts the Constitution to fit the changing times.
Yes-- feel free to amended it. In fact, rather than state the obvious by saying it can be done, get off your ass and do it.

Until then, you do not get to ignore the fact that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.

See:

Till that day comes, acquiring a firearm is legal and a Constitutional right. Like i said, there's things i see people doing that i don't approve of personally. But i realize it's their right. It's what truly free Societies are all about.

We have to be careful getting caught up in cherry-picking when it comes to true Freedom & Liberty. It's a very dangerous slippery slope.

See:

Which is why it's so important that people remember that when selecting a President. He (or she) may pick Supreme Court Justices that would be so anti-constitution that they would rule we don't have rights to firearms.

Are you worried about the deaths caused by firearms? Then why not deaths by drowning? Did you know that in 2009-2010 nearly 50,000 Americans died from drowning?

Shouldn't we make swimming against the law or at the very least, make owning swimming pools against the law? Why should so many people parish and so many families live in pain for the remainder of their lives over swimming? There are plenty of other exercises people can do besides swim.

Forum List

Back