Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Acquiring a firearm is and never has been a crime. It's every American Citizen's Constitutional right. However, we do have laws set up to make sure Citizens do it legally. If you acquire a firearm by way of non-legal means, you are a criminal. And it's time law enforcement starts focusing on those people. Law abiding Citizens should not be the targets.

Think about what you've posted. If a license to own guns is the law, than those who want to buy or sell a gun simply need to verify that the transaction is legal. Provide a bill of sale, which includes the license by each of the participants. Not much different than CA Law which requires a third party broker the transfer.

See:

https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/firearms/pdf/cfl2013.pdf

You're still only limiting access to guns for honest citizens, you're still begging the question. You can't buy pot at all legally without a bill of sale, yet, viola, pot everywhere. Why isn't that working but gun laws will?

Your are one sick POS. Totally obsessed with guns, with me and with the lunatic ideology of libertarianism. You use technical terms of which you have no idea of their meaning, and have a mind totally closed to concepts which challenge your beliefs - notice I didn't use the word thinking, because you won't or can't.

The post above shows my opinions have traction (on gun control) and yours are in the minority. That's not indicative of a fool, of course, yet when partnered with an obsession, maybe even a fetish, it's becomes a mental health issue.

Look up Begging the Question and Loaded Question and you might figure out what they actually describe. That you won't, and pretend you are all knowing is one more sign of a mental health issue.

Here's a word to look up, deflection. You know how to do it.

Your proposals, registration, waiting periods, background checks, we do all that now and they don't work. How is doing more of what isn't working going to solve the problem?

You have proposes zero to answer the question. Pot is actually illegal. You can't legally buy it, period. Yet ... ask any teenager they'll get you all you want. Every one of your proposals addresses buying a legal gun, none of them address preventing criminals from buying an illegal one
Acquiring a firearm is and never has been a crime. It's every American Citizen's Constitutional right. However, we do have laws set up to make sure Citizens do it legally. If you acquire a firearm by way of non-legal means, you are a criminal. And it's time law enforcement starts focusing on those people. Law abiding Citizens should not be the targets.

Think about what you've posted. If a license to own guns is the law, than those who want to buy or sell a gun simply need to verify that the transaction is legal. Provide a bill of sale, which includes the license by each of the participants. Not much different than CA Law which requires a third party broker the transfer.

See:

You're still only limiting access to guns for honest citizens, you're still begging the question. You can't buy pot at all legally without a bill of sale, yet, viola, pot everywhere. Why isn't that working but gun laws will?

Your are one sick POS. Totally obsessed with guns, with me and with the lunatic ideology of libertarianism. You use technical terms of which you have no idea of their meaning, and have a mind totally closed to concepts which challenge your beliefs - notice I didn't use the word thinking, because you won't or can't.

The post above shows my opinions have traction (on gun control) and yours are in the minority. That's not indicative of a fool, of course, yet when partnered with an obsession, maybe even a fetish, it's becomes a mental health issue.

Look up Begging the Question and Loaded Question and you might figure out what they actually describe. That you won't, and pretend you are all knowing is one more sign of a mental health issue.

Your proposals, registration, waiting periods, background checks, we do all that now and they don't work. How is doing more of what isn't working going to solve the problem?

You have proposes zero to answer the question. Pot is actually illegal. You can't legally buy it, period. Yet ... ask any teenager they'll get you all you want. Every one of your proposals addresses buying a legal gun, none of them address preventing criminals from buying an illegal one

Looks like the academic community also believes you and others like you are sick puppies:

The Psychology of Gun Ownership

BTW, background checks are not universal at gun shows, if we are to believe the the disagreement between the NRA and National Association for Gun Rights. Below is a source someone like you trusts:

NRA vs. National Association for Gun Rights: How Do They Differ?
Guns-dont-600-LA.jpg

Should America just accept the idea that to keep gun manufacturers competitive and in the market place, there is a price that must be paid. The price is the loss of a number of people, some perhaps that should be gone and others, beloved by family including children that we hate to lose. It is a price that must be paid and so far we have not figured out how to keep gun manufacturers in business without paying that price.

Are you worried about the deaths caused by firearms? Then why not deaths by drowning? Did you know that in 2009-2010 nearly 50,000 Americans died from drowning?

Shouldn't we make swimming against the law or at the very least, make owning swimming pools against the law? Why should so many people parish and so many families live in pain for the remainder of their lives over swimming? There are plenty of other exercises people can do besides swim.
Usually the analogy used is the automobile not swimming pools. Generally speaking one does not carry a swimming pool about to create mischief or create an image. Or perhaps swimming pools are made for a different purpose than guns.

Should America just accept the idea that to keep gun manufacturers competitive and in the market place, there is a price that must be paid. The price is the loss of a number of people, some perhaps that should be gone and others, beloved by family including children that we hate to lose. It is a price that must be paid and so far we have not figured out how to keep gun manufacturers in business without paying that price.

Are you worried about the deaths caused by firearms? Then why not deaths by drowning? Did you know that in 2009-2010 nearly 50,000 Americans died from drowning?

Shouldn't we make swimming against the law or at the very least, make owning swimming pools against the law? Why should so many people parish and so many families live in pain for the remainder of their lives over swimming? There are plenty of other exercises people can do besides swim.
Usually the analogy used is the automobile not swimming pools. Generally speaking one does not carry a swimming pool about to create mischief or create an image. Or perhaps swimming pools are made for a different purpose than guns.

Using either analogy is applicable because both prove you can't sit there and make things illegal just because they cause death. They all have their purpose. Swimming is for enjoyment and exercise, driving is almost a necessity to live in our modern world, guns have saved countless lives and have given people the liberty to not have to live in fear be it at home or on the street, but they all have drawbacks.

Begging the question. You are just assuming the truth of your position that gun laws work. Try reading my OP Post and addressing the actual question. Pot is out right illegal, yet any teenager can get all they want. How are you going to keep guns from actual criminals. All your legal rules do is affect honest citizens. The criminals laugh at your laws

How Americans actually feel about stronger gun laws
So what?
Planning to appeal to popularity?

The majority of Americans also don't think women should have unlimited access to abortion. Suddenly then Wry thinks it's a free country. Yes, he's a liar, this isn't a standard to him. He applies it only when it works for him, the rest of the time it's irrelevant

Here's a bit more data:
FIREARMS TUTORIAL
"In the U.S. for 2010, there were 31,513 deaths from firearms, distributed as follows by mode of death: Suicide 19,308; Homicide 11,015; Accident 600. This makes firearms injuries one of the top ten causes of death in the U.S. The number of firearms-related injuries in the U.S., both fatal and non-fatal, increased through 1993, declined to 1999, and has remained relatively constant since. However, firearms injuries remain a leading cause of death in the U.S., particularly among youth (CDC, 2001) (Sherry et al, 2012)."
See the graph showing how the US leads in:
Firearms Deaths by Mode of Death for Children <15 Years of Age
300,000,000 gun on the US.
8454 gun-related murder sin the US, 2013.
99.999719% of guns in the US are NOT used to murder.
That is, for every gun used in a murder, ~35500 are not.
Better than 71% of violent crime in the US is NOT committed with a gun.
Your point, negated.

So, chance of a gun not committing a murder

Chance of a Democrat not committing rape

Note a random Democrat is less likely to not be a rapist than a gun is to not commit a murder, should we outlaw Democrats? They are more dangerous than guns

How would I are a local LE agent know that your are a law abiding citizen?
Do you have probable cause to believe otherwise? No? There you go.

How does probable cause relate to may comment? It doesn't, thus you have once again asked a stupid question. Do you oppose licensing drivers, doctors, lawyers, contractors or dogs? Does a government need to wait until a driver runs a red light, a lay person does surgery or defends a client. a man or women build a structure which falls and kills someone or a dog bites someone?

Acquiring a firearm the right way is legal, and a Constitutional right. You personally may not like that, but that's irrelevant. There's lots of things people do that i don't care for. But if it's legal and their Constitutional right, so be it. I have to live with it. Those who acquire their firearms illegally, will be dealt with. They're considered criminals. And that's who law enforcement should be focusing on.

What do you mean by "illegally?" I hope you don't mean government approved any more than government needs to approve speech before it's spoken

It's a Constitutional right. Deal with it, or move to a wussy Nanny State country like Great Britain. America's not for everyone. It's a real tough place. Always has been.

Removing guns just makes it a tough place it's harder to defend ourselves. Democrats gun logic is if you cancel your homeowners insurance your house won't burn down

See:

Look, there's lots of things people do that i don't like. But if it's done legally and it's their Constitutional right, i have to live with it. You hate firearms, i get that. But you're just gonna have to deal with the fact it's American Citizens' Constitutional right to acquire firearms. If you can't deal with that, maybe it's time for you to move to a country that bans firearms. It's your call.
I don't hate firearms, I don't even hate assholes such as M14. I'm intolerant of liars, Like M14 and jerks like M14 & Kaz.
Never mind that we both know it is impossible to show where I have lied.
Like all the other anti-gun loons, you can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty; you prove it virtually every time you post.

We all see people doing things we disapprove of personally. But if it's legal and a Constitutional right, we have to accept it. That's what a truly free Society is all about. I'm no gun nut, in fact i actually despise some of the camo-wearing assholes i've encountered over the years. They're obsessed numbnuts. They give gun owners a bad name. They embarrass everyone.

That being said, i'll always fiercely defend the right to own a firearm. And those who can't accept it's a Constitutional right, really should consider moving to another country where firearms are banned. It's their call. It really is that simple.

"camo-wearing assholes" are going to be the same without guns and they represent a tiny percentage of gun owners. Most of us you have no idea unless we tell you

See:

Look, there's lots of things people do that i don't like. But if it's done legally and it's their Constitutional right, i have to live with it. You hate firearms, i get that. But you're just gonna have to deal with the fact it's American Citizens' Constitutional right to acquire firearms. If you can't deal with that, maybe it's time for you to move to a country that bans firearms. It's your call.
I don't hate firearms, I don't even hate assholes such as M14. I'm intolerant of liars, Like M14 and jerks like M14 & Kaz.
Like all the other anti-gun loons, you can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty; you prove it virtually every time you post.

We all see people doing things we disapprove of personally. But if it's legal and a Constitutional right, we have to accept it. That's what a truly free Society is all about. I'm no gun nut, in fact i actually despise some of the camo-wearing assholes i've encountered over the years. They're obsessed numbnuts. They give gun owners a bad name. They embarrass everyone.

That being said, i'll always fiercely defend the right to own a firearm. And those who can't accept it's a Constitutional right, really should consider moving to another country where firearms are banned. It's their call. It really is that simple.
The Second Amendment can be amended and probably some day it might be, but also the Court, at times, adjusts the Constitution to fit the changing times.

Yes, the 5/9 process for changing the Constitution that leftists adore. 2/3, 2/3 and 3/4 is in the Constitution. 5/9 is an abomination to liberty. Government simply grants itself more power

The Second Amendment can be amended and probably some day it might be, but also the Court, at times, adjusts the Constitution to fit the changing times.

Which is why it's so important that people remember that when selecting a President. He (or she) may pick Supreme Court Justices that would be so anti-constitution that they would rule we don't have rights to firearms.

That is the one legitimate argument to picking the losers the Republicans put up. The problem is that even that is a coin flip, Souter, Kennedy, Powell, Roberts, all Republicans, guys who don't know what the Constitution is. So the choice is a Republican coin flip or a certain Democrat leftist nomination

See:

See:

Looks like the academic community also believes you and others like you are sick puppies:

The Psychology of Gun Ownership

BTW, background checks are not universal at gun shows, if we are to believe the the disagreement between the NRA and National Association for Gun Rights. Below is a source someone like you trusts:

NRA vs. National Association for Gun Rights: How Do They Differ?
Guns-dont-600-LA.jpg

Exactly, Templar. They think you take away the gun and the criminal goes home and goes straight and if you take away a legal gun they can't get one. They are intellectual childen

Right, if I want to defend myself, I'm just looking to "create mischief," it's not the criminal who's got the gun regardless of the law says. We're the problem. What an idiot you are

Right, if I want to defend myself, I'm just looking to "create mischief," it's not the criminal who's got the gun regardless of the law says. We're the problem. What an idiot you are
hammock.

30 alerts - the lunatic fringe has gone hysterical.

0 alerts, the left has gone impotent. You still don't actually address my OP post points, ever

In all the words written by you, there is only one point expressed, if not made. It's my right; what is not expressed yet very obvious is this, I got mine, fuck everyone else.

I've explained my opinion well enough that anyone with below average intelligence gets it, only dishonest, lying assholes like you choose to misrepresent it.

I suggest you read Camus' short novel The Stranger and take notice that Mersault is not a criminal, at least up until he uses his gun.

I also think you ought to stop pretending you are an authority on the COTUS, you are nothing more than a parrot echoing the bullshit of other ignorant partisans. And BTW, Party (D, R, I, or L) is distinct from Partisan, as anyone who thinks about it understands - your obviously don't.

30 alerts - the lunatic fringe has gone hysterical.

0 alerts, the left has gone impotent. You still don't actually address my OP post points, ever

In all the words written by you, there is only one point expressed, if not made. It's my right; what is not expressed yet very obvious is this, I got mine, fuck everyone else.

I've explained my opinion well enough that anyone with below average intelligence gets it, only dishonest, lying assholes like you choose to misrepresent it.

I suggest you read Camus' short novel The Stranger and take notice that Mersault is not a criminal, at least up until he uses his gun.

I also think you ought to stop pretending you are an authority on the COTUS, you are nothing more than a parrot echoing the bullshit of other ignorant partisans. And BTW, Party (D, R, I, or L) is distinct from Partisan, as anyone who thinks about it understands - your obviously don't.

This is a message board, we are all entitled to our opinion whether you like it or not

Forum List

Back