Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

And we haven't even begun to discuss how many children die from guns accidentally. Or kids committing suicide with guns. How and why are children accessing firearms so easily? What's going on?

How many kids have put themselves in a precarious situation (and yes, even died) because of the internet? Should we ban children from the internet too? After all, the internet provides valuable information, but it can also be used for deviant things.

See, now i am beginning to think you are a gun-obsessed nutter. Let's keep it simple. Stop giving kids guns. It's unwise and unnecessary.

Nobody is giving their kids guns. That's the point.

Depends what they mean by kids. I had multiple rifles and shotguns when I was 16-17

Bambi is FOOD, dammit. I was taught gun safety and use, starting when I was 8 years old. I started hunting at 12.... got my first deer at 14. I've never shot a man not robbed a convenience store.
One of the most important lessons I ever learned was when my father showed me a deer he had shot in the head with a 12 gauge slug.
Everything above the eyes was gone. I saw optic nerves and half a brain.
I was 7 if I remember correctly. I learned the power of weapons and the reality of death. Real life was nothing like the westerns I watched on TV.
Growing up, there was always a rifle or shotgun by the back door. We shot food.

Killing and maiming Bambi is unwise and unnecessary nowadays. It only serves to teach the child ugly brutal violence. I'm fine with teaching them about hunting when they're adults. But for God's sake, stop handing guns to children.
Why is it unwise? I happen to like venison. It is necessary that I shoot a deer in order for me to eat venison.
Ugly brutal violence is all around us AND our kids. Guns don't cause violence. Violent people cause violence.
Toss violent people in prison for life for all I care but leave people who engage in a legal hobby and exercise their God given rights the fuck alone

You're an adult, so go hunting. I'm talking about children. Wait till they're adults before handing them a firearm.
Did you wait until your kids were adults before you taught then to swim? Let them ride a bike?

Yeah, cause that's the same thing. Come on man.

No, it's not the same thing, it's even more important. Guns aren't magic firing sticks, they are tools to be respected and kids need to be taught to use them safely. The earlier you start that the better. Telling them they can't touch them until they are 18 makes them like alcohol or cigarettes, something to do if you want to be bad. It's the total wrong message

Bambi is FOOD, dammit. I was taught gun safety and use, starting when I was 8 years old. I started hunting at 12.... got my first deer at 14. I've never shot a man not robbed a convenience store.
One of the most important lessons I ever learned was when my father showed me a deer he had shot in the head with a 12 gauge slug.
I was 7 if I remember correctly. I learned the power of weapons and the reality of death. Real life was nothing like the westerns I watched on TV.

Killing and maiming Bambi is unwise and unnecessary nowadays. It only serves to teach the child ugly brutal violence. I'm fine with teaching them about hunting when they're adults. But for God's sake, stop handing guns to children.
Why is it unwise? I happen to like venison. It is necessary that I shoot a deer in order for me to eat venison.
Ugly brutal violence is all around us AND our kids. Guns don't cause violence. Violent people cause violence.
Toss violent people in prison for life for all I care but leave people who engage in a legal hobby and exercise their God given rights the fuck alone

You're an adult, so go hunting. I'm talking about children. Wait till they're adults before handing them a firearm.

depends really

It shouldn't. Just wait till they're adults. Let them make their own decision on acquiring firearms.

In your case, I agree with you. If you teach your kids that guns are to be treated with hysterical fear, they probably aren't old enough to grasp that you are the one with the issue

And we haven't even begun to discuss how many children die from guns accidentally. Or kids committing suicide with guns. How and why are children accessing firearms so easily? What's going on?

This is how many…

Accidental gun deaths of children under 14 in 2013....

Under 1 year old: 3

1-4 years old: 27

5-14 years old: 39

Total: 72 ( in a country of 320 million people)

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Here are the stats on some common types of death....it would be better to start a crusade to teach people how to walk upright...and save them from falling deaths...you would save more lives.....

guns, drowning and poisoning....

If you cared about people....you would push to ban the following...

Cars, Accidental deaths 2013......35,369

Poisons...accidental deaths 2013....38,851

Alcohol...accidental deaths 2013...29,001

gravity....accidental falling deaths 2013...30,208
Accidental drowning.....3,391
Accidental exposure to smoke, fire and flames.....2,760

Accidental gun deaths 2013......505

Accidental gun deaths of children under 14 in 2013....

Under 1 year old: 3

1-4 years old: 27

5-14 years old: 39
Total: 72 ( in a country of 320 million people)

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr63/nvsr63_09.pdf

Then by year accidental gun deaths going down according to CDC final statistics table 10 from 2010-2013...

So...accidental gun deaths have been coming down as more people own and carry guns for self defense....now 12.8 million people actually carry guns for self defense......on their person, and the accidental gun death rate is going down, not up....

I do have and use a brain, a very good one in fact.
It's a shame you only use it for a paper weight.

There's no evidence the weight of your brain would keep paper in place in even a mild breeze. Of course if you had offered something of substance to the issue at hand, one might consider your comment as something other than the shtick of a failed comedian.

You can do those things without handing a child a gun and teaching em to kill and maim Bambi. And like i said, i'm not coming down on hunters only. But hunters do hand children guns and teach them violence. It is what it is.

I think it's fine to teach them about hunting when they become adults. But handing them firearms so early in life just seems unwise and unnecessary. We live in very different times. We have to accept that.

That's ridiculous. You want to teach them to respect guns when they are young. I hunted after school in high school with friends. We respected guns.

Seriously, you watch too much TV and you take what you see WAY too seriously. Liberal talking heads know nothing about actual gun owners, you need to stop listening to them

Did you hunt for food, or the simple pleasure of killing one of God's creations?

That's ridiculous. You want to teach them to respect guns when they are young. I hunted after school in high school with friends. We respected guns.

Seriously, you watch too much TV and you take what you see WAY too seriously. Liberal talking heads know nothing about actual gun owners, you need to stop listening to them

Did you hunt for food, or the simple pleasure of killing one of God's creations?

Are you a vegetarian?

still no plan

--LOL

Wry's plan was to bull shit until there were enough posts that he could then claim he already presented one and it's your job to find it, not him

NO, my plan is to offer my opinion and to expose people like you as dishonest, lying assholes. Mission accomplished.

Yet you can't point to a single post you wrote where you wrote a serious proposal that we're not doing now, and failing at it, that would have an actual impact on my OP question. Zero. Not one proposal from you. The closest you came to responding to the actual question at all was when you said we should give States the power to make choices, with no suggestion of what choices you think they should make.

As for showing who's the asshole, your wound was self inflicted. Just so you know, the order is:

ready, aim, fire

You did fire, ready, aim

If you had learned about guns you would know that. Your father should have done that when you were a kid

It's not like you'll address the question in my OP to facilitate an actual discussion

That's another lie. When did you stop beating your wife?

LOL, it always cracks me up how effective liberals are a committing logical fallacies and how terrible you are at identifying them
Prove it! I've been attacked but no one has provided a rebuttal to my arguments.
This is, of course, nothing but poo as I have, personally, soundly rebutted every argument you've made.
Disagree?
There's a link in my sig that allows you to continue the argument you whined and pleaded for but ran away from once you got it.
I not only disagree...
I notice you did not continue the conversation that you ran away from.
This can only mean you understand your disagreement has no substance.

You can do those things without handing a child a gun and teaching em to kill and maim Bambi. And like i said, i'm not coming down on hunters only. But hunters do hand children guns and teach them violence. It is what it is.

I think it's fine to teach them about hunting when they become adults. But handing them firearms so early in life just seems unwise and unnecessary. We live in very different times. We have to accept that.

No what's ridiculous, is handing a child a firearm. Teaching em how to kill Bambi can wait till they're adults. Teaching em such a brutal violent act at such a young age, is unwise and unnecessary.

When they're adults they can decide for themselves if they wanna kill and maim defenseless animals for fun. Hopefully, they'll choose a different hobby. Hunting is for camo-wearing tiny-dicked pussies.

Did you wait until your kids were adults before you taught then to swim? Let them ride a bike?

No, it's not the same thing, it's even more important. Guns aren't magic firing sticks, they are tools to be respected and kids need to be taught to use them safely. The earlier you start that the better. Telling them they can't touch them until they are 18 makes them like alcohol or cigarettes, something to do if you want to be bad. It's the total wrong message

Or it's just the logical safe thing to do. We don't give our children cigarettes and alcohol. There are many other child activities out there that don't involve the possibility of them blowing their heads off. Explore those instead.

Or it's just the logical safe thing to do. We don't give our children cigarettes and alcohol. There are many other child activities out there that don't involve the possibility of them blowing their heads off. Explore those instead.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with teaching your kids to shoot; in fact, not doing so is neglect.

Go with the latter. Handing a child a firearm and teaching them such a brutal senseless act is just so unwise and unnecessary. There are many other child activities out there for them to get into. Dressing em up in camo and teaching them to kill & maim defenseless animals, shouldn't be one of em.

This is it….

Intentional self-harm (suicide) by discharge of firearms (X72-X74)

youths, 1-14: 138

The number should be zero. Children shouldn't have access to firearms period. How are they getting the firearms so easily?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with teaching your kids to shoot; in fact, not doing so is neglect.

When they become adults, they can decide whether or not they wanna acquire firearms or shoot & maim defenseless animals. It'll be their call. An adult decision.

When they become adults, they can decide whether or not they wanna acquire firearms or shoot & maim defenseless animals. It'll be their call. An adult decision.
Why do you advocate child neglect?

Forum List

Back