Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Bambi is FOOD, dammit. I was taught gun safety and use, starting when I was 8 years old. I started hunting at 12.... got my first deer at 14. I've never shot a man not robbed a convenience store.
One of the most important lessons I ever learned was when my father showed me a deer he had shot in the head with a 12 gauge slug.
Everything above the eyes was gone. I saw optic nerves and half a brain.
I was 7 if I remember correctly. I learned the power of weapons and the reality of death. Real life was nothing like the westerns I watched on TV.
Growing up, there was always a rifle or shotgun by the back door. We shot food.

Killing and maiming Bambi is unwise and unnecessary nowadays. It only serves to teach the child ugly brutal violence. I'm fine with teaching them about hunting when they're adults. But for God's sake, stop handing guns to children.
Why is it unwise? I happen to like venison. It is necessary that I shoot a deer in order for me to eat venison.
Ugly brutal violence is all around us AND our kids. Guns don't cause violence. Violent people cause violence.
Toss violent people in prison for life for all I care but leave people who engage in a legal hobby and exercise their God given rights the fuck alone

You're an adult, so go hunting. I'm talking about children. Wait till they're adults before handing them a firearm.

That's ridiculous. You want to teach them to respect guns when they are young. I hunted after school in high school with friends. We respected guns.

Seriously, you watch too much TV and you take what you see WAY too seriously. Liberal talking heads know nothing about actual gun owners, you need to stop listening to them

No what's ridiculous, is handing a child a firearm. Teaching em how to kill Bambi can wait till they're adults. Teaching em such a brutal violent act at such a young age, is unwise and unnecessary.

When they're adults they can decide for themselves if they wanna kill and maim defenseless animals for fun. Hopefully, they'll choose a different hobby. Hunting is for camo-wearing tiny-dicked pussies.

Seriously, turn in your remote control. Forcing kids to not touch guns is just stupid and is counter productive.

You a vegetarian?

Why is it unwise? I happen to like venison. It is necessary that I shoot a deer in order for me to eat venison.
Ugly brutal violence is all around us AND our kids. Guns don't cause violence. Violent people cause violence.
Toss violent people in prison for life for all I care but leave people who engage in a legal hobby and exercise their God given rights the fuck alone

You're an adult, so go hunting. I'm talking about children. Wait till they're adults before handing them a firearm.
Did you wait until your kids were adults before you taught then to swim? Let them ride a bike?

Yeah, cause that's the same thing. Come on man.

No, it's not the same thing, it's even more important. Guns aren't magic firing sticks, they are tools to be respected and kids need to be taught to use them safely. The earlier you start that the better. Telling them they can't touch them until they are 18 makes them like alcohol or cigarettes, something to do if you want to be bad. It's the total wrong message

Or it's just the logical safe thing to do. We don't give our children cigarettes and alcohol. There are many other child activities out there that don't involve the possibility of them blowing their heads off. Explore those instead.

Let's not let kids ride in cars or play sports until they are 18 either. They can get hurt. Actually, they are way more likely to than with guns. You're just completely ignorant and naive

Did you wait until your kids were adults before you taught then to swim? Let them ride a bike?

No, it's not the same thing, it's even more important. Guns aren't magic firing sticks, they are tools to be respected and kids need to be taught to use them safely. The earlier you start that the better. Telling them they can't touch them until they are 18 makes them like alcohol or cigarettes, something to do if you want to be bad. It's the total wrong message

Or it's just the logical safe thing to do. We don't give our children cigarettes and alcohol. There are many other child activities out there that don't involve the possibility of them blowing their heads off. Explore those instead.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with teaching your kids to shoot; in fact, not doing so is neglect.

Clearly true. He sits in his blue, urban apartment looking down on the rest of us

Killing and maiming Bambi is unwise and unnecessary nowadays. It only serves to teach the child ugly brutal violence. I'm fine with teaching them about hunting when they're adults. But for God's sake, stop handing guns to children.

That's ridiculous. You want to teach them to respect guns when they are young. I hunted after school in high school with friends. We respected guns.

Seriously, you watch too much TV and you take what you see WAY too seriously. Liberal talking heads know nothing about actual gun owners, you need to stop listening to them

Did you hunt for food, or the simple pleasure of killing one of God's creations?

Go with the latter. Handing a child a firearm and teaching them such a brutal senseless act is just so unwise and unnecessary. There are many other child activities out there for them to get into. Dressing em up in camo and teaching them to kill & maim defenseless animals, shouldn't be one of em.

ARE YOU A VEGETARIAN

And we haven't even begun to discuss how many children die from guns accidentally. Or kids committing suicide with guns. How and why are children accessing firearms so easily? What's going on?

This is it….

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Intentional self-harm (suicide) by discharge of firearms (X72-X74)

youths, 1-14: 138

The number should be zero. Children shouldn't have access to firearms period. How are they getting the firearms so easily?

Can you make a well formed argument why children shouldn't be able to use guns? All you do is keep repeating your baseless assertion. It's like saying children shouldn't be able to play video games. Why make them go to their friends house and teach them to conceal things from you? What kind of crappy parent are you?

I want to know that my kids respect guns and no how to use them safely. As a parent, teaching them that is my job

There's absolutely nothing wrong with teaching your kids to shoot; in fact, not doing so is neglect.

When they become adults, they can decide whether or not they wanna acquire firearms or shoot & maim defenseless animals. It'll be their call. An adult decision.

Why should we let children do anything then? They should not do anything until they are adults so they can decide for themselves.

You don't get the concept of parents do you Holmes? It's government's job to raise our children. And they are so good at it!

A good first step is registration of all firearms and background checks on ALL gun sales. Even between private parties. This will allow responsible gun owners to continue to own anything they want but will help place responsibility on to people who sell guns to people who shouldn't have them or end up using them for murder/crime.

We can certainly start there.
So how will you get the criminals to abide by the registration laws? How will you keep the criminals from stealing firearms? How will you keep the criminals from obtaining firearms in other countries and walking across our southern border with them?

People who actually think they can get criminals to obey gun laws are terminally obtuse.

A criminal by definition does not obey the law. Does your argument apply to all laws too?

Some law breakers/criminals can be dissuaded when the consequence for violation is severe, and many of us obey speed limits and other easily committed crimes because of their cost when cited/arrested and convicted.

MADD has been an effective organization in reducing drunk driving. During my career in LE we saw a dozen or more new sanctions for DUI introduced in CA and signed by the Governors, including:
  • Fines increased Dramatically
  • Penalty Assessments Increased Dramatically
  • License Suspensions and Revocations
  • Jail Mandatory for a first conviction
  • Longer Jail sentences for second and subsequent convictions
  • A third DUI can be charged as a Felony
  • Vehicle Impounded on first and subsequent arrests
  • Breathalyzers installed in registered vehicles on the driver's dime
  • A one year attendance in an alcohol treatment program (one night a week) paid for by the convicted driver
  • Generally three years probation.
MADD is a good model to keep in mind and a likely force if the gun owners, NRA and the other gun organizations won't begin to police themselves.

MADD is a good model to keep in mind and a likely force if the gun owners, NRA and the other gun organizations won't begin to police themselves.

Gun owners support arrest and long prison sentences for gun criminals and felons caught with guns...how is that different than what MADD does genius?

A third DUI can be charged as a Felony

A first gun offense is a felony moron.

Vehicle Impounded on first and subsequent arrests

If you are a convicted felon you can never own a gun again....right?

Breathalyzers installed in registered vehicles on the driver's dime

As a felon you go into the federal data base for background checks already...right genius?

Vehicle Impounded on first and subsequent arrests

If you are caught with a gun you lose it...if you are a convicted criminal caught with a gun, you can be arrested on the spot....

So what exactly isn't the NRA doing to support all of these things that already happen....

Do you actually use your brain....?

I do have and use a brain, a very good one in fact. You, make up stuff to justify the opinions you've been indoctrinated to believe. Most of what you posted is untrue.

You have no understanding of what MADD has done and continues to do. They have lobbied the state legislatures across the nation into increasing penalties for drunk and impaired driving.

So have advocates for imposing sanctions for domestic abusers, not only do both groups lobby in state capitols, they sit in court in mass for sentencing hearings.

The NRA needs to protect the rights of legal gun owners, not object to every effort to reduce gun violence in America. By doing the latter, they put all lawful gun owners at risk.

Our laws harm legal gun owners, honest citizens, they do nothing to restrict criminals from owning guns. Then you say when the NRA fights to let us defend ourselves, they are causing the gun violence. You're just blaming the victim. How dare we defend ourselves! That is the problem! That's ridiculous, it's there Holmes. They are reacting to it. The NRA is a great organization. You claim you have a brain. Then you blame the victim. You're an oxymoron, or just a regular one
If there were no guns in the hands of law abiding citizens, gun deaths would eventually decrease...... When we were all dead.
See? Rye Drinker is right!

Talking with Gun Nuts about guns is like talking to Drug Addicts and Alcoholics about their problems. They're in denial. They take it personally and resent you for trying to speak reason with em. Their guns & bullets are like a crack addict's crack. You can't get through to em. But sometimes it's ok to try.

Talking with Gun Nuts about guns is like talking to Drug Addicts and Alcoholics about their problems. They're in denial. They take it personally and resent you for trying to speak reason with em. Their guns & bullets are like a crack addict's crack. You can't get through to em. But sometimes it's ok to try.

Are you a vegetarian?

still no plan

--LOL

Wry's plan was to bull shit until there were enough posts that he could then claim he already presented one and it's your job to find it, not him

NO, my plan is to offer my opinion and to expose people like you as dishonest, lying assholes. Mission accomplished.

Yet you can't point to a single post you wrote where you wrote a serious proposal that we're not doing now, and failing at it, that would have an actual impact on my OP question. Zero. Not one proposal from you. The closest you came to responding to the actual question at all was when you said we should give States the power to make choices, with no suggestion of what choices you think they should make.

As for showing who's the asshole, your wound was self inflicted. Just so you know, the order is:

ready, aim, fire

You did fire, ready, aim

If you had learned about guns you would know that. Your father should have done that when you were a kid
wry

is still simply running around in circles

Did you hunt for food, or the simple pleasure of killing one of God's creations?

Go with the latter. Handing a child a firearm and teaching them such a brutal senseless act is just so unwise and unnecessary. There are many other child activities out there for them to get into. Dressing em up in camo and teaching them to kill & maim defenseless animals, shouldn't be one of em.

ARE YOU A VEGETARIAN

In my experience, i've observed very few if any camo-wearing tiny-dicked hunters hunting to survive. They kill and maim for fun. They're sick fucks. And they're pussies too.

There hasn't been any "reason" in anything you said.

Bambi is FOOD, dammit. I was taught gun safety and use, starting when I was 8 years old. I started hunting at 12.... got my first deer at 14. I've never shot a man not robbed a convenience store.
One of the most important lessons I ever learned was when my father showed me a deer he had shot in the head with a 12 gauge slug.
Everything above the eyes was gone. I saw optic nerves and half a brain.
I was 7 if I remember correctly. I learned the power of weapons and the reality of death. Real life was nothing like the westerns I watched on TV.
Growing up, there was always a rifle or shotgun by the back door. We shot food.

No what's ridiculous, is handing a child a firearm. Teaching em how to kill Bambi can wait till they're adults. Teaching em such a brutal violent act at such a young age, is unwise and unnecessary.

When they're adults they can decide for themselves if they wanna kill and maim defenseless animals for fun. Hopefully, they'll choose a different hobby. Hunting is for camo-wearing tiny-dicked pussies.
Still with the Bambi crap. I think I'll have some venison for dinner.

When they become adults, they can decide whether or not they wanna acquire firearms or shoot & maim defenseless animals. It'll be their call. An adult decision.

Why should we let children do anything then? They should not do anything until they are adults so they can decide for themselves.

You don't get the concept of parents do you Holmes? It's government's job to raise our children. And they are so good at it!

Start being a good parent by not handing your child a firearm. That's a good start.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

ARE YOU A VEGETARIAN

In my experience, i've observed very few if any camo-wearing tiny-dicked hunters hunting to survive. They kill and maim for fun. They're sick fucks. And they're pussies too.

Right, so you having someone else kill your meat for you is what makes you civil

Start being a good parent by not handing your child a firearm. That's a good start.
The BSA offers a rifle and shotgun merit badge -- why do you hate the BSA?

Yes, it is. Teaching them to respect guns and know how to use it is my job, no one else's

Like i said, a Gun Nut is like an average Drug Addict or Alcoholic. So caught up in their addiction, they lose all sense of reason. It's all about the guns, bullets, killing, maiming, and so on...

Like i said, a Gun Nut is like an average Drug Addict or Alcoholic. So caught up in their addiction, they lose all sense of reason. It's all about the guns, bullets, killing, maiming, and so on...

There are people addicted to everything. That isn't an argument

Yes, it is. Teaching them to respect guns and know how to use it is my job, no one else's

Handing a child a firearm does not a 'good parent' make. Why not just hand them some cigarettes and alcohol too?

Forum List

Back