Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Guns are specifically designed to kill people. That's why they were invented, that is why they are constantly being improved. And the gun companies are introducing deadlier weapons every year.

This is pure ignorance on your part. Guns are designed to fire bullets. Many bullets are designed to injur, though not all. Though again, at the end of the day, what someone else intended for a gun to do is entirely irrelevant. I ultimately decide what it's going to be used for. Despite what you say the fact that the vast majority of firearms in fact are NOT used to kill people proves you wrong.

There is no good reason for an average citizen who is not involved in security or law enforcement to have a gun.

I don't need to have a 'good' reason (an entirely subjective statement in the first place). Need is an irrelevant argument. We don't live in a society where we're only allowed to posses the things we need to survive. Given the statistics on gun related injuries and death compared to other things you seemingly don't have a problem with it is the reverse that is true. There is no good reason I should NOT be allowed to have a gun(s).

[

Wrong. Guns are designed to fire bullets. People kill people, guns are just a tool they use. Has your inability to distinguish between inanimate objects and people been diagnosed yet? I hope there's a drug they can give you to clear that up.

The number one reason why you'd WANT to fire a bullet is to kill a person. That's what they are designed for. That's why most targets on shooting ranges look like - PEOPLE!!!!

And frankly, that's how the gun manufacturers are marketting them. As people killers.

10 years ago, 50% of guns sold were sold as hunting weapons. That number has dropped to 25%, as the focus is now on how effectively they kill... people.

Again that's simply factually incorrect. Prove your numbers. Most guns are still used for hunting. That's what all of mine or for. Same goes for pretty much every gun owner I know.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
[

You are so full of Shinola. So you think the world operates according to the same logic as you with a gun in a room full of Mormons and Jews, do you? Once again, you have no knowledge of what you're talking about. Gun companies are being designed to protect people and for sport.

I've been in a room full of Mormons with a gun and didn't shoot a one of them.

And I was in the military for 11 years. Probably handled more weapons than most of you nutters dream about.

Reality- we have 32,000 gun deaths a year, usually because people who should never have had a gun had access to one.

Again that's if you count suicides which make up nearly two thirds of that 32,000. If there's one death where the object used is completely irrelevant, it's suicides. Now you have cars which are involved in nearly 35,000 deaths a year. More than guns even counting suicides. This clearly proves your point that intended use means something simply incorrect. That an object not designed to kill still winds up killing more people than something you claim is made to kill. Where is your outrage at the auto makers for making such clearly deadly devices?

Last edited:
I use my guns & bows for hunting. Haven't used my guns to kill anyone yet. But then we don't have many democrats around here so there isn't much of a reason to shoot people.

[

Wrong. Guns are designed to fire bullets. People kill people, guns are just a tool they use. Has your inability to distinguish between inanimate objects and people been diagnosed yet? I hope there's a drug they can give you to clear that up.

The number one reason why you'd WANT to fire a bullet is to kill a person. That's what they are designed for. That's why most targets on shooting ranges look like - PEOPLE!!!!

And frankly, that's how the gun manufacturers are marketting them. As people killers.

10 years ago, 50% of guns sold were sold as hunting weapons. That number has dropped to 25%, as the focus is now on how effectively they kill... people.

Correct.
Wrong, there are approximately 300 million firearms in private hands and millions more in government police and security hands, yet only about 10000 murders a year. The VAST majority of firearms are NEVER fired in anger or at ANYONE.

Correct.
Wrong, there are approximately 300 million firearms in private hands and millions more in government police and security hands, yet only about 10000 murders a year. The VAST majority of firearms are NEVER fired in anger or at ANYONE.

Only...10000

Only...10000

Ayup and not one of those murders would have been stopped by making gun ownership illegal. The vast majority of those murders are by democrats. You want to stop the murders? Make being a democrat illegal.

Only...10000

Ayup and not one of those murders would have been stopped by making gun ownership illegal. The vast majority of those murders are by democrats. You want to stop the murders? Make being a democrat illegal.

Link?

Only...10000

Yes, compared to roughly 35,000 deaths by auto accidents. Again, where's the outrage? Where's the stigmatization of people who have the audacity to own automobiles when there are that many death's each year?

Link?

Don't know how to google or in denial?

Easy Access to the FBI's Supplementary Homicide Reports

At first I didn't get what you were saying with this link, parsing data is not my forte'. But then I got it. No where in this data base does it give the political leanings of the perp. You are making a small leap in judgement to say that black men between the ages of 18 to 49 are going to be disproportionately Democratic, if this particular segment of society actually even bothered to register and vote, which I find doubtful at best.

However, being a political scientist, I have to give you props, good point. That demographic usually votes Democratic. The slight majority of those murders are indeed probably committed by people who would, if they were political at all, vote democrat. But that is akin to saying, if Al Capone or Charlie Manson were political, they might vote Democrat. :eusa_eh:

How about we just follow the 2nd Amendment. There is no need to sink to this level once the opposition is just this thick. They don't like the 2nd Amendment, they can research and proceed with Amending the constitution if they think they have a shot. At the point where you are offering up Reductio Ad Absurdum, they are beyond the point of being reasoned with. No need to go there.

Reductio Ad Absurdum
[Latin, Reduction to absurdity.] In logic, a method employed to disprove an argument by illustrating how it leads to an absurd consequence.

At first I didn't get what you were saying with this link, parsing data is not my forte'. But then I got it. No where in this data base does it give the political leanings of the perp. You are making a small leap in judgement to say that black men between the ages of 18 to 49 are going to be disproportionately Democratic, if this particular segment of society actually even bothered to register and vote, which I find doubtful at best.

However, being a political scientist, I have to give you props, good point. That demographic usually votes Democratic. The slight majority of those murders are indeed probably committed by people who would, if they were political at all, vote democrat. But that is akin to saying, if Al Capone or Charlie Manson were political, they might vote Democrat. :eusa_eh:

How about we just follow the 2nd Amendment. There is no need to sink to this level once the opposition is just this thick. They don't like the 2nd Amendment, they can research and proceed with Amending the constitution if they think they have a shot. At the point where you are offering up Reductio Ad Absurdum, they are beyond the point of being reasoned with. No need to go there.

Reductio Ad Absurdum
[Latin, Reduction to absurdity.] In logic, a method employed to disprove an argument by illustrating how it leads to an absurd consequence.

Democrat districts were shown to not only register nearly 100% of the population but then they managed to get nearly 100% turnout in contested districts. Maybe it does pay to buy votes. For the record I don't think its skin color that leads to crime, and democrat voting, I think its culture.

Last edited:

Reductio Ad Absurdum

Democrat districts were shown to not only register nearly 100% of the population but then they managed to get nearly 100% turnout in contested districts. Maybe it does pay to buy votes. For the record I don't think its skin color that leads to crime, and democrat voting, I think its culture.

So since nearly all of the recent mass murderers were white, can we assume they were republicans?

You're sick.

[

1) How many guns have been used to kill a person?

2) How many guns have been used to shoot skeet (or other target practice)?

3) how many guns have been carried in case they're needed for defense?

4) how many guns have been used to hunt?

1 is totally dwarfed by 2, 3 AND 4. You know nothing about what you're talking about, then you never do. Obviously you're projecting. One day there'll be another mass shooting in Utah or a Jewish section of New York. They'll blow away the shooter, and coincidentally, you'll stop posting...

Guy, why do you keep going on about "the jews". I don't.

Fact is, we kill 32,000 Americans a year. Every year, we have 10 9/11's.

And while we've turned our lives upside down in response to the 9/11 attack, the equivlent to 120 9/11's hasn't changed our life in one bit.

We should be thankful that Al Qaeda doesn't have Wayne LaPeirre as a Lobbyist.

[

So what about instead of repeating your mindless drivel that doesn't contradict the op, you address the question in the op?

When we can't keep pot, which is totally illegal, out of the hands of any high schoolers anywhere, how are you going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals everywhere?

All you're doing is making sure that all 32,000 people die without being able to defend themselves. How many would be alive if leftists like you didn't value your pompous sanctimony over their lives?

Do you know why we can't keep pot out of the hands of kids?

No one cares enough to enforce the laws, which are kind of stupid.

Of those 32K who die, 19K kill themselves, and 1000 die from accidents.

of the 12,000 who die of murder, most are murdered because a gun was easily accessable to someone else in the household or during an argument.

Criminals AREN'T REALLY THE PROBLEM. We are.

Look, guy, the fact is, Germany, Japan, the UK, Canada, Italy and France ALL limite who can own guns, and guess what.

They have nowhere near our murder rate.
They have nowhere near our crime rate.
They have nowhere near our incarceration rate.

[

You are so full of Shinola. So you think the world operates according to the same logic as you with a gun in a room full of Mormons and Jews, do you? Once again, you have no knowledge of what you're talking about. Gun companies are being designed to protect people and for sport.

I've been in a room full of Mormons with a gun and didn't shoot a one of them.

And I was in the military for 11 years. Probably handled more weapons than most of you nutters dream about.

Reality- we have 32,000 gun deaths a year, usually because people who should never have had a gun had access to one.

Wrong 19000 of them are suicides which would have occurred with or without a firearm. once again accidental deaths are caused by more deadly things then guns in larger numbers. only around 800 accidental deaths occur a year. That leaves about 11000 murders by firearms and if I am not mistaken the last year with records it was 9000. Out of 310 MILLION people.

Moron.

Most of those gun suicides wouldn't happen if guns weren't available.

And, no, the record for gun murders was 11,101 in 2012.

Comapred to 11 in Japan, 48 in the United Kingdom, 258 in Germany...

[

1) How many guns have been used to kill a person?

2) How many guns have been used to shoot skeet (or other target practice)?

3) how many guns have been carried in case they're needed for defense?

4) how many guns have been used to hunt?

1 is totally dwarfed by 2, 3 AND 4. You know nothing about what you're talking about, then you never do. Obviously you're projecting. One day there'll be another mass shooting in Utah or a Jewish section of New York. They'll blow away the shooter, and coincidentally, you'll stop posting...

Guy, why do you keep going on about "the jews". I don't.

And while we've turned our lives upside down in response to the 9/11 attack, the equivlent to 120 9/11's hasn't changed our life in one bit.

Medical malpractice alone kills 100,000+ people. That's 30 9/11's.

[

Medical malpractice alone kills 100,000+ people. That's 30 9/11's.

Yes, it does.

But you know what, we also take a LOT of steps to prevent malpractice. We license doctors. We allow doctors who screw up to be sued. We allow drug companies to be sued over the side effects of their products. (Remember Phen-Fen and Redux).

Hospitals themselves take measures to prevent mistakes. For instance, when I had my leg operated on in 2007, no less than SIX people had me verify that it was the LEFT leg that needed the operation and not the right leg.

So honestly, if we were practicing the same philosophy towards guns,

Only licensed people would have them.
They'd have to have insurance.
There would be constant checks to make sure they weren't being misused.
There would be efforts to make the product LESS dangerous, as opposed to guns which are being made MORE dangerous by the gun manufacturers.

Forum List

Back