Keeping His Promise

Of course not.

Are you ready to claim that the first amendment does not apply to religious folks?
Where did you come up with that complete straw man? This isn't a first amendment issue since there is no legal prohibitions for churches speaking about whatever the heck they want, they just lose their special tax exempt privilege when they engage in the direct endorsement of political candidates/public policy prescriptions.

In other words if they want the same breadth of 1st Amendment protections that the rest of us enjoy they have to pay for said protections just like the rest of us do.
End the tax exempt status for all religions. They're all just businesses anyway selling a nonexistent product.

This country was founded on the Framers belief in the Bible.
"The most quoted source was the Bible. In Ezra 7:24 we see where they established the tax exempt status of the church: Ezra 7:24 “Also we certify you, that touching any of the priests and Levites, singers, porters, Nethinims, or ministers of this house of God, it shall not be lawful to impose toll, tribute, or custom, upon them.

Roger Anghis -- Bring America Back To Her Religious Roots, Part 7

Perhaps you'd be more comfortable in another nation, comrade.
No. This nation is just fine by me, comrade. Perhaps you are the one that would be better suited living in a nation that is governed by a theocracy.
Free speech represents a theocracy?
Now you are just being stupid.

Where did you come up with that complete straw man? This isn't a first amendment issue since there is no legal prohibitions for churches speaking about whatever the heck they want, they just lose their special tax exempt privilege when they engage in the direct endorsement of political candidates/public policy prescriptions.

In other words if they want the same breadth of 1st Amendment protections that the rest of us enjoy they have to pay for said protections just like the rest of us do.
End the tax exempt status for all religions. They're all just businesses anyway selling a nonexistent product.

"The most quoted source was the Bible. In Ezra 7:24 we see where they established the tax exempt status of the church: Ezra 7:24 “Also we certify you, that touching any of the priests and Levites, singers, porters, Nethinims, or ministers of this house of God, it shall not be lawful to impose toll, tribute, or custom, upon them.

No. This nation is just fine by me, comrade. Perhaps you are the one that would be better suited living in a nation that is governed by a theocracy.

I just proved that the Constitution was based on the Bible....you couldn't understand what is clear and evident.

Soooo.....who is stupid?

Who the hell do you think you are my mother?

Are you suggesting that your mother did a poor job in raising you?
I'm suggesting that you can kiss my ass.

Soooo....now you're determined to prove that mom was remiss.

OK....if you say so.
My mother was a USELESS bitch. I was raised by the state in foster care.

But that has nothing to do with Trump signing another USELESS executive order.

So.....you're shifting the blame for your coarseness to the state?

Whatever.
The only one doing any shifting is YOU.
You're incapable of accepting the fact that I'm calling him out for his use of executive orders and trying to put the focus on me.

I just proved that the Constitution was based on the Bible....you couldn't understand what is clear and evident.

Soooo.....who is stupid?
No. You didn't prove he Constitution wasn't based on the bible. You are the stupid one.

Are you suggesting that your mother did a poor job in raising you?
I'm suggesting that you can kiss my ass.

Soooo....now you're determined to prove that mom was remiss.

OK....if you say so.
My mother was a USELESS bitch. I was raised by the state in foster care.

But that has nothing to do with Trump signing another USELESS executive order.

So.....you're shifting the blame for your coarseness to the state?

Whatever.
The only one doing any shifting is YOU.
You're incapable of accepting the fact that I'm calling him out for his use of executive orders and trying to put the focus on me.

The only subject under discussion here is this:

Under Democrat/Liberal LBJ, the law was passed that deprived pastors of their right of free speech.

I have asked Liberals/Democrats to offer an explanation....none was ever advanced.

What possible compelling government interest could this represent????

2. " Donald Trump: As President, I’ll Reverse the Law That Prevents Churches from Endorsing Candidates
Trump said near the end of his speech that he would
rescind the IRS rule preventing churches from endorsing candidates.

That takes you and it makes you less powerful than a man or woman walking up and down the street. You actually have less power.”

And yet if you look at it, I was talking to someone, we probably have 250 million, maybe even more, in terms of people, so we have more Christians… than we have men or women in our country and we don’t have a lobby because they’re afraid to have a lobby because they don’t want to lose their tax status.

So I am going to work like hell to get rid of that prohibition and we’re going to have the strongest Christian lobby and it’s going to happen. This took place during the presidency of Lyndon Johnson and it has had a terrible chilling effect."
Donald Trump: As President, I’ll Reverse the Law That Prevents Churches from Endorsing Candidates

3. Today:
"Trump to sign executive order to 'vigorously promote religious liberty'
(CNN)President Donald Trump plans to sign an executive order Thursday that could allow churches and other religious organizations to become more active politically, according to officials.

The order will direct the IRS to exercise "maximum enforcement discretion" over the Johnson Amendment, which prevents churches and other tax-exempt religious organizations from endorsing or opposing political candidates. It will also provide "regulatory relief" for organizations that object on religious grounds to a provision in Obamacare that mandates employers provide certain health services, including coverage for contraception.

The order will declare that it is the policy of the Trump administration "to protect and vigorously promote religious liberty," according to a senior administration official."
Trump to sign executive order to 'vigorously promote religious liberty' - CNNPolitics.com

Your desire to change the subject is rejected.

How is encouraging the mixing of politics and religion even more than it already is a good thing for either our politics or for religion?

Isn't it the case that when a church becomes a political advocacy instrument it undermines it's own belief system with respect to the guidance and supremacy of a "higher power"?

Of course not.

Are you ready to claim that the first amendment does not apply to religious folks?

"This isn't a first amendment issue since there is no legal prohibitions for churches speaking about whatever the heck they want, they just lose their special tax exempt privilege when they engage in the direct endorsement of political candidates/public policy prescriptions.

Try to avoid sounding like a fool....or a Liberal.
Is that redundant?

Here is your reading test:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
Where is the law prohibiting or even impeding the establishment or free exercise of religion?

or abridging the freedom of speech,
How do you make the leap from tax exempt status to abridging freedom of speech? Given that there are no laws on the books prohibiting churches from engaging in speech that is protected for the rest of the citizenry, the only difference is the conditions under which they are permitted to retain their PRIVILEGED tax exempt status.

Hell I'll trade not talking about politics for tax exempt status, where do I sign up? It's one helluva benefit to religion for a trade off that is ultimately beneficial to both our politics and religion since I suspect most devotees don't want their priests/ministers/rabbi/imam.etc..., to become mouthpieces for politicians.

It is all a lie.

If you set up a non-incorporated Church, you can have any speech you like, and endorse any candidate you like.

Added to that, the IRS won't dare try to touch you. Do you know why? Because you are protected by the first Amendment.

The only thing you have to worry about is tort. Instead of your church being sued, the person that runs the church can be sued. Generally, as a community, the church can be run as an LLC on it's own, with out incorporating, b/c, well, they are like minded, and will run themselves as an LLC, who wants to bankrupt their preacher, right?

So in the final analysis, no church should ever file as a 501c, it let's Uncle Sam into the ethics and morality of the pulpit. That's just where big brother aims to be. Ever since the 501c law was passed, the moral character of the nation has deteriorated.

"And we will never, ever stand for religious discrimination. Never, ever."

...unless of course you're a Muslim who wants to come to America.

Soooo.....who is stupid?
No. You didn't prove he Constitution wasn't based on the bible. You are the stupid one.

1. The most quoted source was the Bible. Established in the original writings of our Founding Fathers we find that they discovered in Isaiah 33:22 the three branches of government: Isaiah 33:22 “For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.” Here we see the judicial, the legislative and the executive branches. In Ezra 7:24 we see where they established the tax exempt status of the church: Ezra 7:24 “Also we certify you, that touching any of the priests and Levites, singers, porters, Nethinims, or ministers of this house of God, it shall not be lawful to impose toll, tribute, or custom, upon them.”

When we look at our Constitution we see in Article 4 Section 4 that we are guaranteed a Republican form of government, that was found in Exodus 18:21: “Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens:” This indicates that we are to choose, or elect God fearing men and women. Looking at Article 3 Section 3 we see almost word for word Deuteronomy 17:6: ‘No person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the testimony of two Witnesses. . .’ Deuteronomy 17:6 “At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses. . .”. The next paragraph in Article 3 Section 3 refers to who should pay the price for treason. In England, they could punish the sons for the trespasses of the father, if the father died."

Where you able to find any errors in the above, Einstein?

There never was any denial of free speech here. Another pile of steaming nonsense from the OP.

Any pastor or the like is free to endorse any political candidate from the pulpit, if they so choose.

How is encouraging the mixing of politics and religion even more than it already is a good thing for either our politics or for religion?

Isn't it the case that when a church becomes a political advocacy instrument it undermines it's own belief system with respect to the guidance and supremacy of a "higher power"?

Of course not.

"This isn't a first amendment issue since there is no legal prohibitions for churches speaking about whatever the heck they want, they just lose their special tax exempt privilege when they engage in the direct endorsement of political candidates/public policy prescriptions.

Is that redundant?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
Where is the law prohibiting or even impeding the establishment or free exercise of religion?

How do you make the leap from tax exempt status to abridging freedom of speech? Given that there are no laws on the books prohibiting churches from engaging in speech that is protected for the rest of the citizenry, the only difference is the conditions under which they are permitted to retain their PRIVILEGED tax exempt status.

Hell I'll trade not talking about politics for tax exempt status, where do I sign up? It's one helluva benefit to religion for a trade off that is ultimately beneficial to both our politics and religion since I suspect most devotees don't want their priests/ministers/rabbi/imam.etc..., to become mouthpieces for politicians.

What are you, some sort of moron????
Probably but at least I can carry on a discussion without resorting to ad hominem whenever somebody doesn't see things my way. How about you? Reason and evidence generators down for maintenance today? or have you just run out of anything resembling an actual argument?

If the government doesn't OK what religious leaders say, they can impose a tax.
Ummm... the tax is already imposed, the REST OF US already pay it, the fact that churches are offered an exemption for NOT becoming political advocacy groups is a PRIVILEGE, if a church wants to engage in political advocacy then they cease to be a church and become nothing more than a political advocacy organization.

Under Democrat/Liberal LBJ, the law was passed that deprived pastors of their right of free speech.
"Pastors" still have the right to free speech (FYI rights aren't granted by government ), they just lose their tax exempt privileges if they engage in a very specific category of speech, churches have a choice, refrain from political advocacy and keep the tax exempt privilege or engage in political advocacy and lose it.

None, the compelling interest is that of the citizenry, namely attempting to keep politics out of religion and vice versa. In theory the carrot (tax exemption) is not a bad one, in practice it leaves much to be desired (par for the course when government is involved) but it's better than nothing.

[

1. The most quoted source was the Bible. Established in the original writings of our Founding Fathers we find that they discovered in Isaiah 33:22 the three branches of government: Isaiah 33:22 “For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.”

OMG, the OP has outdone herself in mental retardedness!

That passage establishes the 3 BRANCHES of government? That passage puts all three 'branches' under the absolute dictatorship of a supernatural KING.

Goddam that's funny!

Soooo.....who is stupid?

No, the divine right of Kings as absolute rulers was based on the Bible. Read Filmer sometime.

Soooo.....who is stupid?

1. The most quoted source was the Bible. Established in the original writings of our Founding Fathers we find that they discovered in Isaiah 33:22 the three branches of government: Isaiah 33:22 “For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.” Here we see the judicial, the legislative and the executive branches. In Ezra 7:24 we see where they established the tax exempt status of the church: Ezra 7:24 “Also we certify you, that touching any of the priests and Levites, singers, porters, Nethinims, or ministers of this house of God, it shall not be lawful to impose toll, tribute, or custom, upon them.”

When we look at our Constitution we see in Article 4 Section 4 that we are guaranteed a Republican form of government, that was found in Exodus 18:21: “Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens:” This indicates that we are to choose, or elect God fearing men and women. Looking at Article 3 Section 3 we see almost word for word Deuteronomy 17:6: ‘No person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the testimony of two Witnesses. . .’ Deuteronomy 17:6 “At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses. . .”. The next paragraph in Article 3 Section 3 refers to who should pay the price for treason. In England, they could punish the sons for the trespasses of the father, if the father died."

Well, if pastor Roger says so, then it must be right :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Of course not.

Is that redundant?

What are you, some sort of moron????
Probably but at least I can carry on a discussion without resorting to ad hominem whenever somebody doesn't see things my way. How about you? Reason and evidence generators down for maintenance today? or have you just run out of anything resembling an actual argument?

If the government doesn't OK what religious leaders say, they can impose a tax.
Ummm... the tax is already imposed, the REST OF US already pay it, the fact that churches are offered an exemption for NOT becoming political advocacy groups is a PRIVILEGE, if a church wants to engage in political advocacy then they cease to be a church and become nothing more than a political advocacy organization.

"Pastors" still have the right to free speech (FYI rights aren't granted by government ), they just lose their tax exempt privileges if they engage in a very specific category of speech, churches have a choice, refrain from political advocacy and keep the tax exempt privilege or engage in political advocacy and lose it.

None, the compelling interest is that of the citizenry, namely attempting to keep politics out of religion and vice versa. In theory the carrot (tax exemption) is not a bad one, in practice it leaves much to be desired (par for the course when government is involved) but it's better than nothing.

1. "...at least I can carry on a discussion without resorting to ad hominem..."
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen"
Truman

2. It was explained to you twice.....a penalty is imposed if a preacher avails himself of his birthright as an American.

Not understanding that makes you a moron.

Clear?

Of course not.

Where is the Bible in the Constitution?

I never mind educating folks like you.

Let me know if you require further remediation.

Nope. The only mention of the Lord is as a placeholder in time.

No mention of any of those passages.

Soooo.....who is stupid?

Well, if pastor Roger says so, then it must be right :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I asked you if there were any errors therein.

You can't find any, of course.

Sooooo....you're not just a government school grad....you're their summer school valedictorian?

Of course not.

so if there was a fire in the church one couldn't yell fire without being fired upon? hmmmmm seems illogical.

Is that redundant?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
So now I can yell"fire" in a crowded church?
you couldn't before?
Yes, but it usually involved firearms...

Soooo.....who is stupid?

There is no requirement in the Constitution to elect 'god fearing' men. That's error number 2.

Forum List

Back