Keeping His Promise

I already see a problem in that it's just just an EO. That means it could be undone by any president that wants to.
The only thing this idiot "accomplishes" is accomplished by EO's that will be fed into a shredder within four years.

How is encouraging the mixing of politics and religion even more than it already is a good thing for either our politics or for religion?

Isn't it the case that when a church becomes a political advocacy instrument it undermines it's own belief system with respect to the guidance and supremacy of a "higher power"?

Of course not.

Are you ready to claim that the first amendment does not apply to religious folks?
Where did you come up with that complete straw man? This isn't a first amendment issue since there is no legal prohibitions for churches speaking about whatever the heck they want, they just lose their special tax exempt privilege when they engage in the direct endorsement of political candidates/public policy prescriptions.

In other words if they want the same breadth of 1st Amendment protections that the rest of us enjoy they have to pay for said protections just like the rest of us do.

"This isn't a first amendment issue since there is no legal prohibitions for churches speaking about whatever the heck they want, they just lose their special tax exempt privilege when they engage in the direct endorsement of political candidates/public policy prescriptions.

Try to avoid sounding like a fool....or a Liberal.
Is that redundant?

Here is your reading test:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
So now I can yell"fire" in a crowded church?
you couldn't before?

How is encouraging the mixing of politics and religion even more than it already is a good thing for either our politics or for religion?

Isn't it the case that when a church becomes a political advocacy instrument it undermines it's own belief system with respect to the guidance and supremacy of a "higher power"?

Of course not.

Are you ready to claim that the first amendment does not apply to religious folks?
Where did you come up with that complete straw man? This isn't a first amendment issue since there is no legal prohibitions for churches speaking about whatever the heck they want, they just lose their special tax exempt privilege when they engage in the direct endorsement of political candidates/public policy prescriptions.

In other words if they want the same breadth of 1st Amendment protections that the rest of us enjoy they have to pay for said protections just like the rest of us do.

"This isn't a first amendment issue since there is no legal prohibitions for churches speaking about whatever the heck they want, they just lose their special tax exempt privilege when they engage in the direct endorsement of political candidates/public policy prescriptions.

Is that redundant?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
So now I can yell"fire" in a crowded church?
you couldn't before?
Yes, but it usually involved firearms...

Of course not.

End the tax exempt status for all religions. They're all just businesses anyway selling a nonexistent product.

This country was founded on the Framers belief in the Bible.
"The most quoted source was the Bible. In Ezra 7:24 we see where they established the tax exempt status of the church: Ezra 7:24 “Also we certify you, that touching any of the priests and Levites, singers, porters, Nethinims, or ministers of this house of God, it shall not be lawful to impose toll, tribute, or custom, upon them.

Roger Anghis -- Bring America Back To Her Religious Roots, Part 7

Perhaps you'd be more comfortable in another nation, comrade.

So he wants everyone to fight about obamacare while he sucks on his thumb and to fight against abortion so he doesn't have to think about that side of health care either and so the human rights question would be lifted out again as though it was never concluded what a civilized nation is.

Trump, what is God?

Of course not.

When the nation was founded, Churches had the right to do these things and not be taxed. According to the Constitution, they still do. Modern government schooling has convinced people that they don't have a right to do these things, they have convinced people that the government has the right to regulate churches. The government has no such right.

Whether Churches apply for a 501c or not, they are ALWAYS tax exempt. According to the constitution. . .

Taxing churches for political speech violates this amendment, whether or not they file a 501c is immaterial. This law was just a sneaky way for the federal government to regulate the churches in the US and control political speech. I recommend a book called, "In Caesar's Grip," for a more thorough analysis of this topic. This is why, in times past, black churches have been used to mobilize the vote on political issues, but white churches have been gagged since the Johnson Administration passed this law.

It is a wholly unconstitutional order of things.

Of course not.

Is that redundant?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
Where is the law prohibiting or even impeding the establishment or free exercise of religion?

or abridging the freedom of speech,
How do you make the leap from tax exempt status to abridging freedom of speech? Given that there are no laws on the books prohibiting churches from engaging in speech that is protected for the rest of the citizenry, the only difference is the conditions under which they are permitted to retain their PRIVILEGED tax exempt status.

Hell I'll trade not talking about politics for tax exempt status, where do I sign up? It's one helluva benefit to religion for a trade off that is ultimately beneficial to both our politics and religion since I suspect most devotees don't want their priests/ministers/rabbi/imam.etc..., to become mouthpieces for politicians.

Keeping his promise my ass.

I will repeal obamacare.....

Never repeals the fucking bill

One man cannot repeal guaranteed medical care when the MSM has convinced the entire nation that free medical care is a birth right.

These executive orders need to stop. This shit is no different than Obama ruling by decree

Try to learn from this:
Silence is tacit approval and latent complicity.

And clean up your language.
Who the hell do you think you are my mother?

Are you suggesting that your mother did a poor job in raising you?
I'm suggesting that you can kiss my ass.

Of course not.

Is that redundant?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
Where is the law prohibiting or even impeding the establishment or free exercise of religion?

or abridging the freedom of speech,
How do you make the leap from tax exempt status to abridging freedom of speech? Given that there are no laws on the books prohibiting churches from engaging in speech that is protected for the rest of the citizenry, the only difference is the conditions under which they are permitted to retain their PRIVILEGED tax exempt status.

Hell I'll trade not talking about politics for tax exempt status, where do I sign up? It's one helluva benefit to religion for a trade off that is ultimately beneficial to both our politics and religion since I suspect most devotees don't want their priests/ministers/rabbi/imam.etc..., to become mouthpieces for politicians.

What are you, some sort of moron????

If the government doesn't OK what religious leaders say, they can impose a tax.

Under Democrat/Liberal LBJ, the law was passed that deprived pastors of their right of free speech.

I have asked Liberals/Democrats to offer an explanation....none was ever advanced.

What possible compelling government interest could this represent????

Of course not.

End the tax exempt status for all religions. They're all just businesses anyway selling a nonexistent product.

"The most quoted source was the Bible. In Ezra 7:24 we see where they established the tax exempt status of the church: Ezra 7:24 “Also we certify you, that touching any of the priests and Levites, singers, porters, Nethinims, or ministers of this house of God, it shall not be lawful to impose toll, tribute, or custom, upon them.

Where is the Bible in the Constitution?

Of course not.

No. This nation is just fine by me, comrade. Perhaps you are the one that would be better suited living in a nation that is governed by a theocracy.

These executive orders need to stop. This shit is no different than Obama ruling by decree

Try to learn from this:

Soooo....now you're determined to prove that mom was remiss.

OK....if you say so.

Of course not.

No. This nation is just fine by me, comrade. Perhaps you are the one that would be better suited living in a nation that is governed by a theocracy.

Free speech represents a theocracy?

Let me guess....you're a government school grad.

Try to learn from this:

OK....if you say so.
My mother was a USELESS bitch. I was raised by the state in foster care.

But that has nothing to do with Trump signing another USELESS executive order.

Of course not.

Where is the Bible in the Constitution?

I never mind educating folks like you.

1. The most quoted source was the Bible. Established in the original writings of our Founding Fathers we find that they discovered in Isaiah 33:22 the three branches of government: Isaiah 33:22 “For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.” Here we see the judicial, the legislative and the executive branches. In Ezra 7:24 we see where they established the tax exempt status of the church: Ezra 7:24 “Also we certify you, that touching any of the priests and Levites, singers, porters, Nethinims, or ministers of this house of God, it shall not be lawful to impose toll, tribute, or custom, upon them.”

When we look at our Constitution we see in Article 4 Section 4 that we are guaranteed a Republican form of government, that was found in Exodus 18:21: “Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens:” This indicates that we are to choose, or elect God fearing men and women. Looking at Article 3 Section 3 we see almost word for word Deuteronomy 17:6: ‘No person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the testimony of two Witnesses. . .’ Deuteronomy 17:6 “At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses. . .”. The next paragraph in Article 3 Section 3 refers to who should pay the price for treason. In England, they could punish the sons for the trespasses of the father, if the father died."

Let me know if you require further remediation.

Try to learn from this:

OK....if you say so.
My mother was a USELESS bitch. I was raised by the state in foster care.

But that has nothing to do with Trump signing another USELESS executive order.

So.....you're shifting the blame for your coarseness to the state?

Whatever.

Forum List

Back