Keeping His Promise

Where did you come up with that complete straw man? This isn't a first amendment issue since there is no legal prohibitions for churches speaking about whatever the heck they want, they just lose their special tax exempt privilege when they engage in the direct endorsement of political candidates/public policy prescriptions.

In other words if they want the same breadth of 1st Amendment protections that the rest of us enjoy they have to pay for said protections just like the rest of us do.
End the tax exempt status for all religions. They're all just businesses anyway selling a nonexistent product.

This country was founded on the Framers belief in the Bible.
"The most quoted source was the Bible. In Ezra 7:24 we see where they established the tax exempt status of the church: Ezra 7:24 “Also we certify you, that touching any of the priests and Levites, singers, porters, Nethinims, or ministers of this house of God, it shall not be lawful to impose toll, tribute, or custom, upon them.

Roger Anghis -- Bring America Back To Her Religious Roots, Part 7

Perhaps you'd be more comfortable in another nation, comrade.

Where is the Bible in the Constitution?

I never mind educating folks like you.

1. The most quoted source was the Bible. Established in the original writings of our Founding Fathers we find that they discovered in Isaiah 33:22 the three branches of government: Isaiah 33:22 “For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.” Here we see the judicial, the legislative and the executive branches. In Ezra 7:24 we see where they established the tax exempt status of the church: Ezra 7:24 “Also we certify you, that touching any of the priests and Levites, singers, porters, Nethinims, or ministers of this house of God, it shall not be lawful to impose toll, tribute, or custom, upon them.”

When we look at our Constitution we see in Article 4 Section 4 that we are guaranteed a Republican form of government, that was found in Exodus 18:21: “Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens:” This indicates that we are to choose, or elect God fearing men and women. Looking at Article 3 Section 3 we see almost word for word Deuteronomy 17:6: ‘No person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the testimony of two Witnesses. . .’ Deuteronomy 17:6 “At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses. . .”. The next paragraph in Article 3 Section 3 refers to who should pay the price for treason. In England, they could punish the sons for the trespasses of the father, if the father died."

Let me know if you require further remediation.

Nope. The only mention of the Lord is as a placeholder in time.

No mention of any of those passages.

You asked if the Constitution relies on biblical instruction.....it does, as I showed.

Now you've been reduced to lying.

You must be a Liberal, huh?

Now you are just being stupid.

I just proved that the Constitution was based on the Bible....you couldn't understand what is clear and evident.

Soooo.....who is stupid?
No. You didn't prove he Constitution wasn't based on the bible. You are the stupid one.

1. The most quoted source was the Bible. Established in the original writings of our Founding Fathers we find that they discovered in Isaiah 33:22 the three branches of government: Isaiah 33:22 “For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.” Here we see the judicial, the legislative and the executive branches. In Ezra 7:24 we see where they established the tax exempt status of the church: Ezra 7:24 “Also we certify you, that touching any of the priests and Levites, singers, porters, Nethinims, or ministers of this house of God, it shall not be lawful to impose toll, tribute, or custom, upon them.”

When we look at our Constitution we see in Article 4 Section 4 that we are guaranteed a Republican form of government, that was found in Exodus 18:21: “Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens:” This indicates that we are to choose, or elect God fearing men and women. Looking at Article 3 Section 3 we see almost word for word Deuteronomy 17:6: ‘No person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the testimony of two Witnesses. . .’ Deuteronomy 17:6 “At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses. . .”. The next paragraph in Article 3 Section 3 refers to who should pay the price for treason. In England, they could punish the sons for the trespasses of the father, if the father died."

Where you able to find any errors in the above, Einstein?
Well, if pastor Roger says so, then it must be right :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I asked you if there were any errors therein.

You can't find any, of course.

Sooooo....you're not just a government school grad....you're their summer school valedictorian?

I pointed out 2 glaring errors but since she's so scared of debating me now she has me on ignore,

she might not know that her nonsense has been thoroughly trashed lol.

How is encouraging the mixing of politics and religion even more than it already is a good thing for either our politics or for religion?

Isn't it the case that when a church becomes a political advocacy instrument it undermines it's own belief system with respect to the guidance and supremacy of a "higher power"?

Of course not.

Are you ready to claim that the first amendment does not apply to religious folks?
Where did you come up with that complete straw man? This isn't a first amendment issue since there is no legal prohibitions for churches speaking about whatever the heck they want, they just lose their special tax exempt privilege when they engage in the direct endorsement of political candidates/public policy prescriptions.

In other words if they want the same breadth of 1st Amendment protections that the rest of us enjoy they have to pay for said protections just like the rest of us do.
End the tax exempt status for all religions. They're all just businesses anyway selling a nonexistent product.

"The most quoted source was the Bible. In Ezra 7:24 we see where they established the tax exempt status of the church: Ezra 7:24 “Also we certify you, that touching any of the priests and Levites, singers, porters, Nethinims, or ministers of this house of God, it shall not be lawful to impose toll, tribute, or custom, upon them.

Where is the Bible in the Constitution?
The Bible and the Constitution | The American View

"There is a phrase so often used today that too many Americans believe it to be true and worse yet, they believe it is in the U.S. Constitution. The phrase “separation of church and state” has been repeated so many times that many actually believe it is part of the first amendment. Those that use it want people to join them in removing God from everything in our lives today. They also want to remove our Godly heritage from our history. The truth is, the words separation, church and state are nowhere in the first amendment or the text of the U.S. Constitution.

The United States Constitution is one of the most brilliant documents ever written. But then why wouldn’t it be, the very core of it comes straight from the Bible. The men that authored our Constitution were not perfect men, but they knew where to find perfection. Our Founding Fathers were men who knew and studied scripture. Their lives were wrapped in God’s Word; it was the chief source of their education. They relied on the Bible and philosopher’s whose own works and commentaries also relied on Holy Scripture. Scripture is what all laws are to be based upon. In Romans 13:3-4; “For rulers hold not terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God’s servant to do you good.” Governments’ duty is to be God’s minister to the people. This is far different from what we think of our government leader’s responsibility today. At the same time, the people are to pray for their leaders as said in I Timothy 2:2-4; “for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to knowledge of the truth.”"

"And we will never, ever stand for religious discrimination. Never, ever."

...unless of course you're a Muslim who wants to come to America.
how so? muslims come to america. thousands upon thousands have come and are coming. you must mean someone else's muslim.

You asked if the Constitution relies on biblical instruction.....it does, as I showed.

The framers may have relied on the bible, but they made sure when they wrote the constitution, it seperated church and state,.

No. This nation is just fine by me, comrade. Perhaps you are the one that would be better suited living in a nation that is governed by a theocracy.
Free speech represents a theocracy?
Now you are just being stupid.

I just proved that the Constitution was based on the Bible....you couldn't understand what is clear and evident.

Soooo.....who is stupid?

Incorrect.

The Constitution bears more similarity to the Iroquois government, the great law of peace, than any other.

Native American culture is part of who we are. To deny this, is to deny our roots. We are a synthesis of the Enlightenment, and Native American Wisdom.

6 Ridiculous Lies You Believe About the Founding of America

American History Myths Debunked: No Native Influence on Founding Fathers

How is encouraging the mixing of politics and religion even more than it already is a good thing for either our politics or for religion?

Isn't it the case that when a church becomes a political advocacy instrument it undermines it's own belief system with respect to the guidance and supremacy of a "higher power"?

Of course not.

Are you ready to claim that the first amendment does not apply to religious folks?

When the nation was founded, Churches had the right to do these things and not be taxed. According to the Constitution, they still do. Modern government schooling has convinced people that they don't have a right to do these things, they have convinced people that the government has the right to regulate churches. The government has no such right.

Whether Churches apply for a 501c or not, they are ALWAYS tax exempt. According to the constitution. . .

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Taxing churches for political speech violates this amendment, whether or not they file a 501c is immaterial. This law was just a sneaky way for the federal government to regulate the churches in the US and control political speech. I recommend a book called, "In Caesar's Grip," for a more thorough analysis of this topic. This is why, in times past, black churches have been used to mobilize the vote on political issues, but white churches have been gagged since the Johnson Administration passed this law.

It is a wholly unconstitutional order of things.
How does a church commit to political speech?

What a breath of fresh air this President is, after the one America just shed.

I revealed the Fascism of the Liberals/Democrats who vote to support a party that eschews free speech, the first amendment notwithstanding.

1. Under Democrat/Liberal LBJ, the law was passed that deprived pastors of their right of free speech.
Actually, retard, it was signed into law by Republican President Dwight D. Eisenhower.

When the nation was founded, Churches had the right to do these things and not be taxed. According to the Constitution, they still do. Modern government schooling has convinced people that they don't have a right to do these things, they have convinced people that the government has the right to regulate churches. The government has no such right.

It is a wholly unconstitutional order of things.

When this country was founded, there were no taxes on the individuals, or the corporations.

On my arrival in the United States the religious aspect of the country was the first thing that struck my attention; and the longer I stayed there, the more I perceived the great political consequences resulting from this new state of things. In France I had almost always seen the spirit of religion and the spirit of freedom marching in opposite directions. But in America I found they were intimately united and that they reigned in common over the same country. My desire to discover the causes of this phenomenon increased from day to day. In order to satisfy it I questioned the members of all the different sects; I sought especially the society of the clergy, who are the depositaries of the different creeds and are especially interested in their duration. As a member of the Roman Catholic Church, I was more particularly brought into contact with several of its priests, with whom I became intimately acquainted. To each of these men I expressed my astonishment and explained my doubts. I found that they differed upon matters of detail alone, and that they all attributed the peaceful dominion of religion in their country mainly to the separation of church and state. I do not hesitate to affirm that during my stay in America I did not meet a single individual, of the clergy or the laity, who was not of the same opinion on this point.

<snip>

Religions intimately united with the governments of the earth have been known to exercise sovereign power founded on terror and faith; but when a religion contracts an alliance of this nature, I do not hesitate to affirm that it commits the same error as a man who should sacrifice his future to his present welfare; and in obtaining a power to which it has no claim, it risks that authority which is rightfully its own. When a religion founds its empire only upon the desire of immortality that lives in every human heart, it may aspire to universal dominion; but when it connects itself with a government, it must adopt maxims which are applicable only to certain nations. Thus, in forming an alliance with a political power, religion augments its authority over a few and forfeits the hope of reigning over all.

<snip>

As long as a religion is sustained by those feelings, propensities, and passions which are found to occur under the same forms at all periods of history, it may defy the efforts of time; or at least it can be destroyed only by another religion. But when religion clings to the interests of the world, it becomes almost as fragile a thing as the powers of earth.

<snip>

The unbelievers of Europe attack the Christians as their political opponents rather than as their religious adversaries; they hate the Christian religion as the opinion of a party much more than as an error of belief; and they reject the clergy less because they are the representatives of the Deity than because they are the allies of government.

In Europe, Christianity has been intimately united to the powers of the earth. Those powers are now in decay, and it is, as it were, buried under their ruins. The living body of religion has been bound down to the dead corpse of superannuated polity; cut but the bonds that restrain it, and it will rise once more. I do not know what could restore the Christian church of Europe to the energy of its earlier days; that power belongs to God alone; but it may be for human policy to leave to faith the full exercise of the strength which it still retains.

Tocqueville: Book I Chapter 17

I would like to apologize to all of Trump's Chumps for my previous post being longer than a tweet.

If churches followed the bible, they would pay taxes too. As jesus said Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen"
Truman
Using Harry Truman quotes in attempt to justify logical fallacy is a new approach, I'll give you that one, however it still doesn't change the fact that your arguments thus far amount to nothing more than fallacy and that you have conspicuously avoided answering my original questions in any way, shape or form, which says much more about you and your capacity for reason than it does about me.

2. It was explained to you twice.....a penalty is imposed if a preacher avails himself of his birthright as an American.

So your contention is that the rest of society has a penalty imposed upon it for political advocacy since we have to pay taxes in order to do it?

I suspect those parishioners that would object to encouraging their "priests" to become political pundits wouldn't quite see things that way but those that feel it would be a welcome change always have the option to foot the bill for the churches new tax liable status, in either case it doesn't have an impact on whether or not their "priests" retain 1st Amendment protections.

Not understanding that makes you a moron.
Clear?
LOL, Yep it's clear, you don't even understand your own flawed argument and thus must continue to resort to ad hominem in attempt to obscure that fact.

:popcorn:

The framers may have relied on the bible, but they made sure when they wrote the constitution, it seperated church and state,.

Which are you more...stupid or a liar?

You asked if the Constitution relies on biblical instruction

No. I asked "Where is the Bible in the Constitution?"

The Constitution doesn't mention the Bible nor does it reference any passage.

I just gave you four instances.

Further, the Constitution has an explicit reference to Jesus Christ.

No you didn't. None of those passages you sited are referenced in the Constitution.

Yeah as a placeholder in time. Certainly not in any way referenced as a guiding force in the document those men produced.

Mixing Church and State benefits no one and harms everyone. I for one do think separation of church and state is backed by the Constitution.

It's great to finally have a president working for all the people. A president who is focused on keeping the promises he made while campaigning. :2up:

Forum List

Back