Keeping kids safe around guns...the way that actually works...gun safety in schools...

Again, stay out of the inner city gang, and drug trade, and you are safer in the U.S. than most other countries. Most of the "gun deaths" are suicides. The rest are blacks killing other blacks for the most part.

1.1 million times a year Americans use their guns to save lives, stopping rapes, robberies, murders and even mass public shootings....

Over 25 years, as more Americans own and carry guns our gun murder rate went down 49%, our gun crime rate went down 75%, our violent crime rate went down 72%...

Facts.

you have to include suicides in your gun death number because the murder number is so low.....and of those murdered 70-80% are criminals engaged in crime in democrat party controlled inner cities......

As to money........Americans stopping violent criminals saves lives.....and they also save lots of money...

Annual Defensive Gun Use Savings Dwarf Study's "Gun Violence" Costs - The Truth About Guns

So figuring that the average DGU saves one half of a person’s life—as “gun violence” predominantly affects younger demographics—that gives us $3.465 million per half life.

Putting this all together, we find that the monetary benefit of guns (by way of DGUs) is roughly $1.02 trillion per year. That’s trillion. With a ‘T’.

-------------------------

When compared to the (inflation adjusted from 2002) $127.5 billion ‘cost’ of gun violence calculated by by our Ludwig-Cook buddies, guns save a little more than eight times what they “cost.”

Which, I might add, is completely irrelevant since “the freedom to own and carry the weapon of your choice is a natural, fundamental, and inalienable human, individual, civil, and Constitutional right — subject neither to the democratic process nor to arguments grounded in social utility.”

So even taking Motherboard’s own total and multiplying it by 100, the benefits to society of civilian gun ownership dwarf the associated costs.
If guns save lives and the US has tons of guns.
Why is your murder rate so many times greater than anywhere in the civilized world ?

Why is the UK rape, burglary, and robbery rate so high?

We're a nation full of descendants of violent people who threw Britain out of their country.
The UK is many times safer than the US. The stats bear that out. I think it is primarily because we have sensible gun laws.

And you are wrong. You used to be okay, but you have a violent crime rate that has always been higher than the continent and is even higher than the U.S.....and as our gun crime rate has been going down, your gun crime rate, after you banned guns, is going up.....and your violent crime rate is through the roof......
And yet we are so much safer than the US. The stats bear that out.

You had fewer gun murders than the U.S. before you banned guns....you have been more violent than the U.S. for aa long time....stats bear that out.....and you are growing more violent, including more gun crime, after banning and confiscating guns....

Meanwhile, more americans over the last 25 years own and now carry guns, over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense...and our gun murder rate went down 49%, our gun crime rate went down 75% (your gun crime rate keeps going up, 42% in London in 2016, 23% across England and Wales in 2016, and up another 16% last year) and our violent crime rate went down 72%....

You can't explain that with your theories on guns and violence...

Again, stay out of the inner city gang, and drug trade, and you are safer in the U.S. than most other countries. Most of the "gun deaths" are suicides. The rest are blacks killing other blacks for the most part.

Stay out of any area controlled by the democrat party....

Analysis | The surprising way gun violence is dividing America

In the most Democratic regions, gun violence is more often committed against another, crimes that probably generate more news coverage and fear. In the most Republican areas, it is more often committed against oneself, suicides that may not attract as much attention.

------

As the below charts show, Democratic areas (measured by the party that controls the congressional district) are far more likely to experience almost all forms of malicious gun violence than Republican areas.

1.1 million times a year Americans use their guns to save lives, stopping rapes, robberies, murders and even mass public shootings....

Over 25 years, as more Americans own and carry guns our gun murder rate went down 49%, our gun crime rate went down 75%, our violent crime rate went down 72%...

Facts.

you have to include suicides in your gun death number because the murder number is so low.....and of those murdered 70-80% are criminals engaged in crime in democrat party controlled inner cities......

As to money........Americans stopping violent criminals saves lives.....and they also save lots of money...

Annual Defensive Gun Use Savings Dwarf Study's "Gun Violence" Costs - The Truth About Guns

So figuring that the average DGU saves one half of a person’s life—as “gun violence” predominantly affects younger demographics—that gives us $3.465 million per half life.

Putting this all together, we find that the monetary benefit of guns (by way of DGUs) is roughly $1.02 trillion per year. That’s trillion. With a ‘T’.

-------------------------

When compared to the (inflation adjusted from 2002) $127.5 billion ‘cost’ of gun violence calculated by by our Ludwig-Cook buddies, guns save a little more than eight times what they “cost.”

Which, I might add, is completely irrelevant since “the freedom to own and carry the weapon of your choice is a natural, fundamental, and inalienable human, individual, civil, and Constitutional right — subject neither to the democratic process nor to arguments grounded in social utility.”

So even taking Motherboard’s own total and multiplying it by 100, the benefits to society of civilian gun ownership dwarf the associated costs.
Why is your murder rate so many times greater than anywhere in the civilized world ?

We're a nation full of descendants of violent people who threw Britain out of their country.
The UK is many times safer than the US. The stats bear that out. I think it is primarily because we have sensible gun laws.

And you are wrong. You used to be okay, but you have a violent crime rate that has always been higher than the continent and is even higher than the U.S.....and as our gun crime rate has been going down, your gun crime rate, after you banned guns, is going up.....and your violent crime rate is through the roof......

Tommy.......your theories about guns and law abiding people can't explain this.....

https://www.journalacs.org/article/S1072-7515(18)32074-X/abstract

Results

During the study period, all states moved to adopt some form of concealed-carry legislation, with a trend toward less restrictive legislation. After adjusting for state and year, there was no significant association between shifts from restrictive to nonrestrictive carry legislation on violent crime and public health indicators. Adjusting further for poverty and unemployment did not significantly influence the results.

Conclusions
This study demonstrated no statistically significant association between the liberalization of state level firearm carry legislation over the last 30 years and the rates of homicides or other violent crime. Policy efforts aimed at injury prevention and the reduction of firearm-related violence should likely investigate other targets for potential intervention.

More states are passing Constitutional Concealed Carry where if you are legally allowed to own a gun, you can legally carry it without a permit. Also, more people have received concealed carry permits in states where they must issue them. Gun sales also skyrocketed in the past ten years, with many first time gun owners, and women buying them.

I'll keep that in mind when the roving Muslim gangs murder you within 10 years.
The stats suggest that you will be dead before me. Check out the figures mate.

I'm younger, in better shape, have better genes, and guns, boy.

That stacks the odds in my favor. Ofc anything can happen.

I'm younger, in better shape, have better genes, and guns, boy.

That stacks the odds in my favor. Ofc anything can happen.
Good luck mate. You will need it.
BTW I went to the shops today, without a gun, and came home in one piece.I am going to take a massive risk tomorrow and go to the cinema unarmed. I must be crazy !!

We have this safety thing in the UK. We dont need to train infants how to shoot and our schools dont get shot up. No guns are involved.
Lol
Your country is irrelevant over here... You had a whole bunch of white people leave for a reason.
Joining American Indians over here... While it was certainly not peaceful... it happened.
I’m thankful for that, we would still be playing around with sticks and dirt and worshiping dirt if it was not for you White Fellas kicking other white fellas out of your country.
If everything is so wonderful why are you killing each other on an industrial scale ?
The only areas were violent crime is a danger to the average American is in progressive controlled urban areas...With overly strict frivolous Gun control laws.
Rural America has no Significant violence whatsoever
Ok, so these places arent America ?

Think it over. The places with the most gun related violence have the strictest laws. The places with looser laws have less.

BTW I went to the shops today, without a gun, and came home in one piece.I am going to take a massive risk tomorrow and go to the cinema unarmed. I must be crazy !!

I came home today, and my house hadn't burnt down, but I still carry homeowner's insurance. I drove today but didn't get in an auto accident, but I still carry car insurance. I hope to never use either, and I hope to never use my gun (other than for target shooting, or hunting), but still carry one.

In general violence pretty much only happens in inner cities, by blacks killing other blacks. That is the bulk of the crime, and violence in the U.S. Stay out of drug, and gang areas, and you are very safe here.

Meh, someone shot himself to death not 50 feet from where I am sitting right now in 2011. He wasn't black, we weren't in an inner city.

Which put you in danger, how?

We have this safety thing in the UK. We dont need to train infants how to shoot and our schools dont get shot up. No guns are involved.
Lol
Your country is irrelevant over here... You had a whole bunch of white people leave for a reason.
Joining American Indians over here... While it was certainly not peaceful... it happened.
I’m thankful for that, we would still be playing around with sticks and dirt and worshiping dirt if it was not for you White Fellas kicking other white fellas out of your country.
If everything is so wonderful why are you killing each other on an industrial scale ?
The only areas were violent crime is a danger to the average American is in progressive controlled urban areas...With overly strict frivolous Gun control laws.
Rural America has no Significant violence whatsoever
Ok, so these places arent America ?

Think it over. The places with the most gun related violence have the strictest laws. The places with looser laws have less.
All of western europe is laughing at you. Think it over.

I came home today, and my house hadn't burnt down, but I still carry homeowner's insurance. I drove today but didn't get in an auto accident, but I still carry car insurance. I hope to never use either, and I hope to never use my gun (other than for target shooting, or hunting), but still carry one.

Guns are like the sneeze guard at a salad bar. You really hope they're never needed, but you're glad they're there if they are.

Why? Our excellent standard of living, and quality if life here? Low energy, and gasoline costs? Reasonable housing costs, and cost of living in most areas? Our large size, and diverse landscape? Our incredible mountains, shoreline, and productive heartland? Our ability to legally own, and carry firearms for self defense, as citizens, not subjects? A leader that for once is putting us first?

What exactly?

Why? Our excellent standard of living, and quality if life here? Low energy, and gasoline costs? Reasonable housing costs, and cost of living in most areas? Our large size, and diverse landscape? Our incredible mountains, shoreline, and productive heartland? Our ability to legally own, and carry firearms for self defense, as citizens, not subjects? A leader that for once is putting us first?

What exactly?
Because with all the blessings that you have you slaughter each other on a massive scale.The US is no longer a frontier country and your laws should reflect that. You murder each other 4 times more than any other civilized country. That must suggest a problem.

Because with all the blessings that you have you slaughter each other on a massive scale.The US is no longer a frontier country and your laws should reflect that. You murder each other 4 times more than any other civilized country. That must suggest a problem.

We seem to “slaughter” each other because our Legal System refuses to actually apply any sort of Legal Justice; instead preferring to promote Social Justice; thereby leaving violent criminals active and free in our Society.

These violent criminals commit the massive majority of gun crimes and account for a large percentage of gun deaths, along with suicides (who would simply find a different way to do it).

Law abiding gun owners and children account for an extremely small amount of gun deaths.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back