Kennedy Found Not Guilty In Political Witch Hunt

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
WHITE PLAINS — After nearly 20 months of buildup, the misdemeanor trial of Kerry Kennedy ended on Friday in a breakneck blur, as jurors took one hour to find her not guilty of driving under the influence of a drug.

The four-day trial, which featured a riveting turn on the witness stand by Ms. Kennedy, 54, was centered on an act that neither she nor prosecutors dispute: On July 13, 2012, she drove her Lexus S.U.V. erratically after swallowing Zolpidem, a generic form of the sleep medication Ambien. She sideswiped a tractor-trailer on a highway in Westchester County before she was found, slumped over her steering wheel, her car stalled on a local road.

Ms. Kennedy has maintained that she took the pill accidentally, mistaking it for medication she took for a thyroid condition. She testified on Wednesday that she did not realize her mistake until well after the accident.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/01/n...ot-guilty-of-driving-while-impaired.html?_r=0

The prosecutors made snide comments about her book " Speak Truth To Power".

Last edited:
Mistakenly took an Ambien.

Now I've heard everything!

Must be nice...

I have always said they should color code the prescription bottles, they are very easy to mix up.

Well, that would make some sense...

Let me tell you a little story, one that has jaded my view of cases like this...

Someone very close to me was picked up one afternoon and booked on a DUI charge. No priors, no alcohol, no accident, spotless record (both driving and criminal). She had suffered a bad drug interaction while under a doctors care. She was unaware of the severity of the interaction. She hired a lawyer (one of the best in Albuquerque), went to court, and is just now coming off of a year's probation, a year of ignition interlock (remember, no alcohol was involved) at $100.00 a month, and a year's worth of embarrassment. We're out about $7,000 total all for nothing. Why? Because the laws of New Mexico allowed no other option.

So, when I see stories like this, I know it's because she's a Kennedy that she walked.

This stuff is very powerful, almost frighteningly so.

True story.....

I woke up one Saturday morning, my wife rolled and said "you were amazing last night".

I must have had a confused look on my face so she asked if I remembered we had made love the night before, I had to confess I did not.

Apparently we had done it pretty much every night for about two weeks, I had absolutely no recollection of it.

Mistakenly took an Ambien.

Now I've heard everything!

Must be nice...

I have always said they should color code the prescription bottles, they are very easy to mix up.

Let me tell you a little story, one that has jaded my view of cases like this...

Someone very close to me was picked up one afternoon and booked on a DUI charge. No priors, no alcohol, no accident, spotless record (both driving and criminal). She had suffered a bad drug interaction while under a doctors care. She was unaware of the severity of the interaction. She hired a lawyer (one of the best in Albuquerque), went to court, and is just now coming off of a year's probation, a year of ignition interlock (remember, no alcohol was involved) at $100.00 a month, and a year's worth of embarrassment. We're out about $7,000 total all for nothing. Why? Because the laws of New Mexico allowed no other option.

So, when I see stories like this, I know it's because she's a Kennedy that she walked.

Wow ! that is wrong. what is ignition lock?

[

So she admitted she was driving while drugged and posed a huge menace to others. Why should i feel sympathy for her?

Another rich criminal buys off the courts and walks. America has the most corrupt legal system in the world.

Wow ! that is wrong. what is ignition lock?

They put a device on the ignition of your car and to start it one must blow into a mouthpiece connected to a tube, if it registers any alcohol, even mouth wash, your car won't start (in one case, she blew into it after eating salsa and couldn't start her car in the garage at her home). Then, while you're driving, if an alarm sounds you have to pick it up and blow into it while you're moving or the car shuts off, very safe... :rolleyes:

On the upside, it comes off next month...

[

So she admitted she was driving while drugged and posed a huge menace to others. Why should i feel sympathy for her?

You don't have a fucking clue, asshole.

In fact, your cluelessness in an embarrassment and you don't even realize it.

Now, go play with the rest of the children and leave the grownups alone.

Harry Reid should have to use a device where he has to blow into it before he can use
the microphone when giving a speech on the floor of the Senate...

[

You don't have a fucking clue, asshole.

In fact, your cluelessness in an embarrassment and you don't even realize it.

Now, go play with the rest of the children and leave the grownups alone.

HAHAHA. The board notes you evaded my question and instead made a personal attack. thanks for admitting i'm right.

Forum List

Back