Kentucky Clerk Jailed for Contempt of Court

What happened to all that gloating we saw from the OP in that other thread?

:D
What gloating would that be?

The woman still has not violated her moral convictions while the Judge may have just shattered the Constitution.

I said she'd probably go to jail for it, but its like that governor of Mass. calling Christians who stand up for their beliefs bigots and that they had no place in our society. Soon, he and the rest of you will be lining Christians up on the beach.

We have to make some exceptions for religious believers, but we can't let them roll over us, as the Muslims are trying to do: taxi drivers who refuse to carry passengers who have alcohol, stewardess refusing to work when told to serve alcohol, demanding separation of men and women at public assemblies, etc. There was even a woman who would not take off her hajib to take a driver's license photo We can't have different rules for Christians and Muslims.

TYRANNY UPDATE: Judge Orders Christian Woman to Jail because She Refuses to Violate her Faith

Christians,while I am NOT one of you I respect ANYONE who stands for their faith so much they are willing to be thrown in jail rather than bend to the tyrants rule deserves respect. This is without a doubt in my mind the beginning of the assault on christianity and those that believe in it and stand by its doctrines. Now just a few quotes for you all.

There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice.
Charles de Montesquieu

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Edmund Burke

This judges ruling is PROOF that neither he nor the plaintiffs are interested in "marriage" they are interested in this martyr violating her faith by approving these "marriages" The Kentucky Legislature has had 3 months to impeach Kim Davis why haven't they? The judge can rule her to be absent since his tyrannical ass just tossed a woman in jail for following her faith he will still not rule her absent. He is ALSO threatening to throw the rest of the clerks in court for following their faith as well.Its time to march on the court and give this tyrant a tyrants just desserts.

Oh and for any CLOWNS in here. This woman may have been married 4 times but she has also only been a christian for 4 years. GET OVER IT and stop hiding your bigotry trying to destroy her religious rights.

People this is what our forefathers FOUGHT FOR! Its WHY the USA was founded! STAND! FIGHT! RESIST!

ummm, she's the one who is being tyrannical. She is defying the rule of law and thus she should resign her position if she can't find a way to reconcile her beliefs with the law. Period end of story.

From the comments section

In the United States, same-sex marriage has been legal nationwide since June 26, 2015, when the United States Supreme Court ruled in Obergefell v. Hodges that state-level bans on same-sex marriage are unconstitutional. The court ruled that the denial of marriage licenses to same-sex couples and the refusal to recognize those marriages performed in other jurisdictions violates the Due Process and the Equal Protection clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution. The ruling overturned a precedent, Baker v. Nelson.

i find it funny that the op believes tyranny is jailing a public servant for contempt but that same public servant unilaterally denying services to citizens she disagrees with is not tyrannical.
The tyrant is trampling on her first amendment rights. Plain and simple. If he dislikes her choices so much why has the Kentucky Legislature in 3 months not impeached and removed her? Hmmmm?

Requiring equal treatment of all citizens is not tyranny. She should have resigned in protest.
Requiring people to violate their own conscious is.

She was in the job PRIOR to the ruling and held these beliefs PRIOR to the ruling..

TYRANNY UPDATE: Judge Orders Christian Woman to Jail because She Refuses to Violate her Faith

Christians,while I am NOT one of you I respect ANYONE who stands for their faith so much they are willing to be thrown in jail rather than bend to the tyrants rule deserves respect. This is without a doubt in my mind the beginning of the assault on christianity and those that believe in it and stand by its doctrines. Now just a few quotes for you all.

There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice.
Charles de Montesquieu

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Edmund Burke

This judges ruling is PROOF that neither he nor the plaintiffs are interested in "marriage" they are interested in this martyr violating her faith by approving these "marriages" The Kentucky Legislature has had 3 months to impeach Kim Davis why haven't they? The judge can rule her to be absent since his tyrannical ass just tossed a woman in jail for following her faith he will still not rule her absent. He is ALSO threatening to throw the rest of the clerks in court for following their faith as well.Its time to march on the court and give this tyrant a tyrants just desserts.

Oh and for any CLOWNS in here. This woman may have been married 4 times but she has also only been a christian for 4 years. GET OVER IT and stop hiding your bigotry trying to destroy her religious rights.

People this is what our forefathers FOUGHT FOR! Its WHY the USA was founded! STAND! FIGHT! RESIST!

ummm, she's the one who is being tyrannical. She is defying the rule of law and thus she should resign her position if she can't find a way to reconcile her beliefs with the law. Period end of story.
No law can be made that violates a persons conscious.....Any law becomes un-Constititutional that requires a person to give up their deeply held beliefs...

Judge David Bunning's office number.
Give him a call. (859) 392-7907

Have fun sane thinking people! :) To bad we don't have the numbers or enough angry people fed up with activist swine tyrants to march on his office.
yeah. it's sad that insanity just isn't as popular as you'd like
Those supporting religious freedom are the sane. YOUR KIND are the insane. Criminally so.
Break the law, suffer the consequences. That's tyranny?
Get lost dyke bitch.

Ooh, cogent argument. I'm slain. :lol:
No need for me to waste my time or energy on a disgusting homosexual
Religious tyranny is coming to an end. This is just one grumpy dinosaur pitching a fit. I don't agree with jail, but if she refuses to do her job she should be fired.
Tell that to the Kentucky Legislature they have had 3 months to do that.

"Those supporting religious freedom are the sane. YOUR KIND are the insane. Criminally so."

Wrong as usual.

There is nothing in the law that takes away this bigot's "religious freedom".
She broke the law and is paying the price for her criminal act.

Hopefully, she'll be on the unemployment line soon.

She'll probably have a Go Fund Me account. Put your money where your bible is and send her some bucks.

Charles de Montesquieu

Edmund Burke

No law can be made that violates a persons conscious.....Any law becomes un-Constititutional that requires a person to give up their deeply held beliefs...

Sure they can. Laws like that are passed all of the time. She can not be made to violate her religious beliefs, however, as she is a ELECTED OFFICIAL, she is bound to FOLLOW the LAW. That is the oath she swore.

If she can't reconcile her beliefs with the oath she swore then her only option is to resign in protest. Generals and business executives do it all the time and so should she.

i find it funny that the op believes tyranny is jailing a public servant for contempt but that same public servant unilaterally denying services to citizens she disagrees with is not tyrannical.
The tyrant is trampling on her first amendment rights. Plain and simple. If he dislikes her choices so much why has the Kentucky Legislature in 3 months not impeached and removed her? Hmmmm?

Requiring equal treatment of all citizens is not tyranny. She should have resigned in protest.
Faggots can get married to any female that wants to marry them lesbians can marry any man that wants to marry them. There is equal treatment. The fact this thug in a robe has REQUIRED her to sign the license for the faggots "marriage" before he releases her is just proof its not about them getting a license its about FORCING their beliefs on her. He can order her to resign or be impeached but nope he didn't. He said she won't get out until she discards her religion which is unconstitutional, That POS thug just went on the list.

Charles de Montesquieu

Edmund Burke

No she isn't. Its not law its an opinion by 5 people. Period. The state of Kentucky should have impeached her if they wanted her gone yet neither the state nor this thug in a robe has realized that. Its about punishment for not agreeing with faggotry plain and simple.

We have to make some exceptions for religious believers, but we can't let them roll over us, as the Muslims are trying to do: taxi drivers who refuse to carry passengers who have alcohol, stewardess refusing to work when told to serve alcohol, demanding separation of men and women at public assemblies, etc. There was even a woman who would not take off her hajib to take a driver's license photo We can't have different rules for Christians and Muslims.

If she were Muslim, the fundies would be calling for her head.

We DO have different laws for "christians" and Muslims.

The way I see it, a hypocritical bigoted tyrant has finally been dislodged.

But don't you worry, pants shitter. She's going to be rich when you rubes send her your money. That's what she is in this for.

"First time I've donated to a Democrat!"
She is still in power. You moron. That's my entire fucking point. He could have ordered her absent and then ANY Kentucky legislator could have brought up impeachment against her....why is no one willing to do so? You telling me in entire state of Kentucky there ain't one fucking person that doesn't like what she is doing?

what happens on jan 20, 2017 that would cause the supreme court to go back on their decision?
Conservatives regain control of the Executive, as well as the Legislative, and begin to strong-arm the Judicial.

All it takes is one Justice, to change his-or-her mind, or to retire, or to expire - in order to stand the whole thing back on its ear again.

The present state of affairs is far more fragile than you are allowing yourself to believe.
good to know that you don't believe in an independent judicial branch like our founders did.

all three branches are irredeemably corrupt and only work for minorities and special interests...
lol. you keep fighting the civil war. those traitors believed as you do

they were patriots fighting an invasion...like the patriots in 1776

...like I said, though...all three branches are irredeemably corrupt and only work for minorities and special interests...
you really don't understand the word patriot if you think it describes traitors.

Wrong.

You saying that she is a martyr or political prisoner is indeed the words of an ignorant drama queen.

If you don't like the law, work to change it. Until then, neither you nor she are above the laws of the land.

If you want to live by the laws of some "god", Iraq has a spot for you.
Your response is proof this is all about religious persecution and creation of a new class of political prisoners in this country. Next yoo people will line up the boxcars to haul us off to prisoner camps for extermination. You did it once before. You are capable of it again.

Comparing the Supreme Court of the United States to nazis?

That's downright stupid.
Bullshit. Your side are the Nazis.

Why don't you know and understand that this law was passed by a CONSERVATIVE Supreme Court?

Lying Fugly TRIES to slip another one through! TALK about your LIBERAL COURT!

SupremeCourtJustices.jpg

bbc-com.jpg
The question is who is "living" through that document? It doesn't seem to be the majority but an elite.

Charles de Montesquieu

Edmund Burke

Sure they can. Laws like that are passed all of the time. She can not be made to violate her religious beliefs, however, as she is a ELECTED OFFICIAL, she is bound to FOLLOW the LAW. That is the oath she swore.

If she can't reconcile her beliefs with the oath she swore then her only option is to resign in protest. Generals and business executives do it all the time and so should she.
Except it only works that way in a dictatorial tyranny....

She held the position BEFORE the law was passed. This means that the law intentionally targets people of faith.....I hope that she appeals to the SCOTUS......

And to be honest.....I really don't care what anyone on this or any forum thinks regarding this.....The day this country can pass a law that requires ME to have to alter My beliefs or behaviors is the day that that government needs to be abolished.

It spells the death of liberty.

The way I see it, a hypocritical bigoted tyrant has finally been dislodged.

But don't you worry, pants shitter. She's going to be rich when you rubes send her your money. That's what she is in this for.

"First time I've donated to a Democrat!"
She is still in power. You moron. That's my entire fucking point. He could have ordered her absent and then ANY Kentucky legislator could have brought up impeachment against her....why is no one willing to do so? You telling me in entire state of Kentucky there ain't one fucking person that doesn't like what she is doing?
could it be that the kentucky legislatures is full of ignorant republicans that don't want to piss off their ignorant base?

Conservatives regain control of the Executive, as well as the Legislative, and begin to strong-arm the Judicial.

All it takes is one Justice, to change his-or-her mind, or to retire, or to expire - in order to stand the whole thing back on its ear again.

The present state of affairs is far more fragile than you are allowing yourself to believe.
good to know that you don't believe in an independent judicial branch like our founders did.

all three branches are irredeemably corrupt and only work for minorities and special interests...
lol. you keep fighting the civil war. those traitors believed as you do

they were patriots fighting an invasion...like the patriots in 1776

...like I said, though...all three branches are irredeemably corrupt and only work for minorities and special interests...
you really don't understand the word patriot if you think it describes traitors.

Who is a traitor? the confederates? They tried to peacefully withdraw from the union...How were they "traitors"?

Were the colonists in 1776 "traitors"?

Forum List

Back